Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

Thanks! I've taken to warning people when I'm near a chest just so people are aware it's a known bug and that should it happen to them to keep completing the daily anyways.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

Sweet! I was just swearing to myself after a few drinks and beers, wondering what the heck was going on. Done the cheeve once, repeated it once, but now for my third round, chests are already open.. anyways.. Looking forward to a quick fix to this, since getting AP's after 32k is a pita.

cheers

So this is strange. Today I went to get my Blood in the Water daily done, went to Frostgorge this time instead of Gendarran, where I had been going since this bug cropped up(10 keys ago).

Oddly enough, I was able to loot the chest and while waiting for krait to spawn, another random person came by and looted it(you can see the chest opening animation).

Don't think it's "Fixed" though, there was another person killing krait and said that chest was bugged for him.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

after the big announcements and hype for this new achievement, it is somewhat disappointing that it is on the "to do list" and not anymore info. it would be nice to have a "gift" for all the fuss without answers. Probably asking for the moon though. No gifts here.

@"Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978" said:Yep...still stuck on second cycle of achievement on two accounts. 6 chests didn't reset on this account, and 2 didn't reset on my other account.

This is a known bug. ANet are actively working on a solution, but do not have a timeline yet. The thread that @Illconceived Was Na.9781 linked to has the official statements, if you want to hunt them down.

@Sarpan.9074 said:This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

Yes. Whatever triggers it is not uniform, and was not the patch. People keep happening into it over time, and apparently (but rarely, at least from comments), some people occasionally have it recover a bit.

I know (factually) that only the keys were time-gated--------the chests could be opened in a single day. But each chest has a limit of once per day. Now it appears that EVERY chest is in a "permanent" OPEN status-------still guarded by the Veteran Krait--------but unusable for any purpose. Keys can still be obtained but until the chest mechanism is fixed-----------they'll just take up storage space.

@Rose Solane.1027 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:A new development.

I completed Blood in the Water on one of my accounts, switched to an alt account and it already has the daily completed.

With an alt account you mean a different account and not a alt character on the same account? And are you sure you didn't do the daily on that alt account after the reset?

After reset I log onto my main account, do the dailies with Blood in the Water last. I switched to the next account which loaded on the same map which said I did the daily. It was impossible for me to have already done them as it was barely past the daily reset.

My assumption is that this achievement is doing something like what happens with the Trading Post. You can look at item prices and sales, then switch accounts and see those very same recent sale and viewed stuff despite being a different account. Its saved client side in some way.

It's interesting to me that the tp value of swim infusions hasn't really increased over the past week, which says to me that either ppl aren't very interested in buying those that are available or not enough ppl are affected by the bug to affect the supply . . .

@"undouble.1472" said:I know (factually) that only the keys were time-gated--------the chests could be opened in a single day. But each chest has a limit of once per day. Now it appears that EVERY chest is in a "permanent" OPEN status-------still guarded by the Veteran Krait--------but unusable for any purpose. Keys can still be obtained but until the chest mechanism is fixed-----------they'll just take up storage space.

But the keys aren't gated, either. You can get your daily, and get them as a drop. Due to the bonus week-long event in WvW, they are dropping quite frequently. Multiple keys as drops per day, per character means there is no time gate. This is just a bug, and will be fixed shortly. Until then, keep collecting your keys as the chests will be available again, soon!

I read all the information here in the forum and I have some additions to make.I have three accounts. One basic, one at HoT and one at POF.I followed the sequence on all three accounts correctly, opening the chests once a day.After the first sequence, I can no longer interact with the chests, although every day I go from chest to chest, checking if any of them are available.One of the accounts I already has ten keys and nothing, don't open any chests more. One of the information contained in this forum, would be that this achiev could be repeated ten times. Well, I only did the sequence once.If you allow me my sincere opinion, this is the event of the moment, and I imagine that arena.net support has a lot of work to do, or they are having a lot of trouble correcting this bug. Well, let's hope it gets resolved soon.Ah yes, completing, I started to collect late, so I do not think the bug happened on a specific date. By reading the messages, there are several diverse occurrences. One of the reports says that they drop more than one key, other reports, a chest can be opened more than once, other cases report that the player can no longer open in the middle of his sequence. And similar to mine, they can not do the sequel any more.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I had 8.. opened 2 and have since gained 2 more keys from dailies.. but zero chests are interactable.

@Razgriz.1689 said:I read all the information here in the forum and I have some additions to make.I have three accounts. One basic, one at HoT and one at POF.I followed the sequence on all three accounts correctly, opening the chests once a day.After the first sequence, I can no longer interact with the chests, although every day I go from chest to chest, checking if any of them are available.One of the accounts I already has ten keys and nothing, don't open any chests more. One of the information contained in this forum, would be that this achiev could be repeated ten times. Well, I only did the sequence once.If you allow me my sincere opinion, this is the event of the moment, and I imagine that arena.net support has a lot of work to do, or they are having a lot of trouble correcting this bug. Well, let's hope it gets resolved soon.Ah yes, completing, I started to collect late, so I do not think the bug happened on a specific date. By reading the messages, there are several diverse occurrences. One of the reports says that they drop more than one key, other reports, a chest can be opened more than once, other cases report that the player can no longer open in the middle of his sequence. And similar to mine, they can not do the sequel any more.

Or its been deliberately slowed down to stop progress so that its something to carry on doing as a content filler when the update finally lands.... I luv a good ole conspiracy theory :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I had 8.. opened 2 and have since gained 2 more keys from dailies.. but zero chests are interactable.

@Razgriz.1689 said:I read all the information here in the forum and I have some additions to make.I have three accounts. One basic, one at HoT and one at POF.I followed the sequence on all three accounts correctly, opening the chests once a day.After the first sequence, I can no longer interact with the chests, although every day I go from chest to chest, checking if any of them are available.One of the accounts I already has ten keys and nothing, don't open any chests more. One of the information contained in this forum, would be that this achiev could be repeated ten times. Well, I only did the sequence once.If you allow me my sincere opinion, this is the event of the moment, and I imagine that arena.net support has a lot of work to do, or they are having a lot of trouble correcting this bug. Well, let's hope it gets resolved soon.Ah yes, completing, I started to collect late, so I do not think the bug happened on a specific date. By reading the messages, there are several diverse occurrences. One of the reports says that they drop more than one key, other reports, a chest can be opened more than once, other cases report that the player can no longer open in the middle of his sequence. And similar to mine, they can not do the sequel any more.

Or its been deliberately slowed down to stop progress so that its something to carry on doing as a content filler when the update finally lands.... I luv a good ole conspiracy theory :)

And the bug has yet to be fixed. Thus, we still don't know.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And the bug has yet to be fixed. Thus, we still don't know.

Well, we know that people were able to open more than one chest a day, and able to complete a full cycle and start the next one, without delay. These things were true before the bug came up, so unless the bug fix changes something, we can reasonably expect that -- at a minimum -- we will be able to complete the Master Diver achievement once a day, until all keys are consumed.