My opinion about raids - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

My opinion about raids

Comments

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:
    I’ve heard you claim this before Butcher, but I’m curious on a couple things:

A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

B ) is this really the game for you, if you hate like 90% of the content?

A s/he could have leveled by wvw at the start of the game without setting fot in ow after level 2 or now they could level by spvp from useing tomes so not so obviously.

Yeah but he said he hates pvp and wvw too.

• vesica tempestas.1563vesica tempestas.1563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2018

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

A ) did you get an insta 80 boost, as you would have had to play open world to obviously get to 80?

He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

Well obviously it’s not a car... that’s why I used an analogy, silly.

a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

lol to use the analogy, even though the theme park as advertised as family friendly, there is only 1 extreme roller coaster that a small percentage of people like to go on. There are no other roller coasters for the vast majority of paying customers (they would love some roller coasters, just not an extreme one) and whatsmore it's the only ride that offers pictures as you go on the ride!

Extreme roller coasters are great, but other roller coasters are good too.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

He's saying locked out as not enjoying the content only on response to people like Ohoni claiming the same about raids.

It's obvious that no one is locked out of any content. He's not locked out of OW but neither is Ohoni from raids. But since some people keep insisting on this false argument, he makes an (obviously ironic) analogy.

So, A doesn't really make sense. Ofc he can access OW, but everyone can access raids too.

B... Really, if you don't enjoy OW or PvP or WvW that means that GW2 is not your game? This game has different things, let's just acknowledge that and let's also acknowledge that enjoying a lesser % of the game does not mean that you have less right to complain or that the game is not for you. Big news, now if the only content you really enjoy is raids, GW2 is not for you.

I was curious Nia, hence why I asked... it’s like buying a car, where you hate the make and model, the colour and how it handles, all it’s features, but love the leather interior, it’s perplexing.

That's a bad analogy. GW2 is not a car, it's more like a theme park. You pay to have access to the theme park, but you don't have to like all the rides. You don't even need to like the majority of them.

I absolutely love Port Aventura and every time I go there, I do it mainly for three things: Furius Baco, Tutuki Splash and Hurakan Condor. Port Aventura has hundreds of different places and rides. Does that mean that Port Aventura is not made for me? Naaaah.

a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I love how it drives. Still perplexing?

Yeah it is.

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

" That's a bad analogy. " First sentence.

It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

Here is one, you purchase a chocolate cake where there are chocolate sprinkles on top, you only eat the sprinkles, that help?

• nia.4725nia.4725 Member ✭✭✭

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

It’s more of a comparison of making a purchase to enjoy only 10% of it. That make it more clear for ya?

You clearly didn't understand my post at all.

Handkiter slave. / Cat Fletcher, Cho Jinri, Elettra Hart, Anima Schirmer, La Que Ama, B I T T E R N E S S

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

lol to use the analogy, even though the theme park as advertised as family friendly, there is only 1 extreme roller coaster that a small percentage of people like to go on. There are no other roller coasters for the vast majority of paying customers (they would love some roller coasters, just not an extreme one) and whatsmore it's the only ride that offers pictures as you go on the ride!

How the theme park is advertised is completely irrelevant to the discussion. This analogy was only made to make a good analogy about said "10%", don't use it for something else.

Handkiter slave. / Cat Fletcher, Cho Jinri, Elettra Hart, Anima Schirmer, La Que Ama, B I T T E R N E S S

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

You clearly didn’t understand mine...

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:
    Legendary Items are the Only Long Term goals in this game.

I disagree,

Disagreeing only makes you wrong.

So you are now the authority on what is long term goal in this game?

Yes.. and well past the time that you realized this.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

I did. But your analogy is plain bad, so it's obvious I won't keep using it. Instead I made my own analogy, which still applies to that 10%.

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

I did. But your analogy is plain bad, so it's obvious I won't keep using it. Instead I made my own analogy, which still applies to that 10%.

Really? And yours was better? Try again.

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Unfortunately, you didn’t. Clearly by your poor analogy.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Unfortunately, you didn’t. Clearly by your poor analogy.

If you want to add something to a post edit it, don't do double posts : D

• vesica tempestas.1563vesica tempestas.1563 Member ✭✭✭✭

@nia.4725 said:

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

How the theme park is advertised is completely irrelevant to the discussion. This analogy was only made to make a good analogy about said "10%", don't use it for something else.

is it now, ty for clarifying my analogy for me.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

Butcher did clarify that he plays more then just raids, which is why I threw the question out to him in the first place, because I whole thing seemed odd to me.

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2018

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:
    So you basically want raids not be raids? Raids are supposed to be the hardest content in the game.

And the normal mode would continue to be just that, for whatever that's worth. But that experience isn't what every player is looking for, and not what every player should have to endure just to experience the content or work toward Envoy armor. This is why it's an optional alternate mode, rather than just "nerf all raids."

The alternative for those players are Open World, Dungeons and Fractals.

I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

You want easy mode Raids? Thats fine. Just get the Open World Team to rebalance the bosses, dont give LI, dont give achievements and have a reduced chance on Minipets and ascended equipment.

Fine to most of that, but LI is currently necessary for Envoy armor. I'd be fine if the easy mode method of unlocking it didn't involve LI though.

If that's really considered a steep barrier, I can't help people anymore. It's an MMORPG. You are literally supposed to socialize in one way or another.

The game gives you 5 guild slots to fill. Cant be that hard.

If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a burden that every player is comfortable with.

I often do that throughout the week. People just add 150LI or whatever to it.

Your experience is not typical.

@Feanor.2358 said:
    First, there are raiders who have lots and lots of gold. Getting extra 10 per boss doesn't really mean anything to them.

Ok.

There are also those who will (rightfully) point out the higher liquid gold rewards will draw in more newbies to raids. While this can be good in itself, the players to point that out won't be particularly happy because it will mean more newbies joining their groups and causing wipes. This happened in WvW when the pip system was introduced, and it happened again in pretty much the same manner on this week's reset because of the extra WXP event.

Ok.

In effect you're proposing to trade something actually valuable (exclusivity) to a basic commodity (gold). Let me ask you a question - do you know how much Dhuum's throne toy sells for on the TP?

Don't care.

The point is, Butcher proposed 15g per boss as an alternative to exclusive access to loot, and I was pointing out that most would be fine with that.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    Because raid keep us playing in this form. If you decide to change the very core idea of them (hardest content that require teamwork, focus, knowlage and builds that make sence to finish and reward unique rewards for those that do) then it wouldnt be the same

But nobody is changing any of that. "Changing" it is not on the table. This would be an additional mode, something completely separate from the raids you know and love. Engage with it, don't, entirely up to you. You should miss out on nothing by choosing not to engage with the easy mode. Nothing for you should change at all.

@Teamkiller.4315 said:
    Honestly i feel like future raid wings should have easier bosses at the start and harder bosses at the end.

That's probably a good idea in general, but the problem is still that the first wing is pretty tricky, and new players are less likely to start on wing 6, they're more likely to start with wing 1. It would take some serious social engineering to work them out of that habit.

I have to say i dont understand the other side of the argument. Can you please answer these questions?
    1) what makes the game fun for you?
    2) why do you want to raid?
    3) what do you think is locking you from raids
    4) do you have ascended gear/enough gold to easily get it?
    5) do you enjoy every gw2 content exept raids? (And which not)

1) A complicated question. I mostly enjoy exploring the maps, completing events, engaging the story and collections, unlocking various rewards, etc. I think that's pretty much what most GW2 players enjoy.
    2) The encounters look like they would be a lot of fun without that constant risk of wiping hanging over my head, and I'd really like to be able to experience that. I also like long term goals and want to be able to work towards Envoy armor.
    3) The high failure rate, I cannot enjoy high-stress content, content where wiping is more likely than not. I also cannot enjoy it even if I eventually "git gud" and reach a point where wiping is less common, because that potential of failure is still there, and because the pain of the process of reaching that point overwhelms any joy at being past it.
    4) Probably? I don't feel like I should have to spend it though.
    5) No, I don't like PvP or WvW, I'm also not a fan of some JPs, higher tier Fractals, or Tribulation mode. Not every player needs to enjoy every part of the game, that is not the bar.

Thanks for answers. For me games are fun only if you can get better (and beeing better makes a diference) and it takes all my attention. If i can be distracted i lose interest and dont enjoy it anymore. I use games to distract my mind and those kind of games have many things i can solve.

You probably shouldn't play easy mode then, and good news! You'd never have to. Ever. So it's not an issue.

Personally though, I enjoy getting better, but I hate being required to be better than I am. I enjoy "doing well enough to succeed" rather quickly, and then improving my performance on top of that to do even better. It's a bit like a racing game in which you can get first place easily enough, but then you can go back in and keep trying to get even better times.

Also, might I suggest Sudoku? I never played it until Mass Effect: Andromeda, but then I got hooked and it's a really fun game once you get into it.

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tyson.5160 said:
    Butcher did clarify that he plays more then just raids, which is why I threw the question out to him in the first place, because I whole thing seemed odd to me.

I play mostly raids and fractals. Sometimes when i feel like like it i go dragonstand, or i go hunt some masteries.... That doesnt mean i wouldnt quit if there was no raids because 1 hour every 2 weeks (maximum) is not enough to keep me playing.

edited June 11, 2018

@Ohoni.6057 said:

So you basically want raids not be raids? Raids are supposed to be the hardest content in the game.

And the normal mode would continue to be just that, for whatever that's worth. But that experience isn't what every player is looking for, and not what every player should have to endure just to experience the content or work toward Envoy armor. This is why it's an optional alternate mode, rather than just "nerf all raids."

I've asked before, but in which of those can I find Sabetha or Xera, and what is the method in those modes for unlocking Envoy skins?

You want easy mode Raids? Thats fine. Just get the Open World Team to rebalance the bosses, dont give LI, dont give achievements and have a reduced chance on Minipets and ascended equipment.

Fine to most of that, but LI is currently necessary for Envoy armor. I'd be fine if the easy mode method of unlocking it didn't involve LI though.

If that's really considered a steep barrier, I can't help people anymore. It's an MMORPG. You are literally supposed to socialize in one way or another.

If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a burden that every player is comfortable with.

@Feanor.2358 said:
    First, there are raiders who have lots and lots of gold. Getting extra 10 per boss doesn't really mean anything to them.

Ok.

There are also those who will (rightfully) point out the higher liquid gold rewards will draw in more newbies to raids. While this can be good in itself, the players to point that out won't be particularly happy because it will mean more newbies joining their groups and causing wipes. This happened in WvW when the pip system was introduced, and it happened again in pretty much the same manner on this week's reset because of the extra WXP event.

Ok.

In effect you're proposing to trade something actually valuable (exclusivity) to a basic commodity (gold). Let me ask you a question - do you know how much Dhuum's throne toy sells for on the TP?

Don't care.

The point is, Butcher proposed 15g per boss as an alternative to exclusive access to loot, and I was pointing out that most would be fine with that.

Because raid keep us playing in this form. If you decide to change the very core idea of them (hardest content that require teamwork, focus, knowlage and builds that make sence to finish and reward unique rewards for those that do) then it wouldnt be the same

But nobody is changing any of that. "Changing" it is not on the table. This would be an additional mode, something completely separate from the raids you know and love. Engage with it, don't, entirely up to you. You should miss out on nothing by choosing not to engage with the easy mode. Nothing for you should change at all.

@Teamkiller.4315 said:
    Honestly i feel like future raid wings should have easier bosses at the start and harder bosses at the end.

That's probably a good idea in general, but the problem is still that the first wing is pretty tricky, and new players are less likely to start on wing 6, they're more likely to start with wing 1. It would take some serious social engineering to work them out of that habit.

I have to say i dont understand the other side of the argument. Can you please answer these questions?

1) A complicated question. I mostly enjoy exploring the maps, completing events, engaging the story and collections, unlocking various rewards, etc. I think that's pretty much what most GW2 players enjoy.
    2) The encounters look like they would be a lot of fun without that constant risk of wiping hanging over my head, and I'd really like to be able to experience that. I also like long term goals and want to be able to work towards Envoy armor.
    3) The high failure rate, I cannot enjoy high-stress content, content where wiping is more likely than not. I also cannot enjoy it even if I eventually "git gud" and reach a point where wiping is less common, because that potential of failure is still there, and because the pain of the process of reaching that point overwhelms any joy at being past it.
    5) No, I don't like PvP or WvW, I'm also not a fan of some JPs, higher tier Fractals, or Tribulation mode. Not every player needs to enjoy every part of the game, that is not the bar.

Thanks for answers. For me games are fun only if you can get better (and beeing better makes a diference) and it takes all my attention. If i can be distracted i lose interest and dont enjoy it anymore. I use games to distract my mind and those kind of games have many things i can solve.

You probably shouldn't play easy mode than, and good news! You'd never have to. Ever. So it's not an issue.

Personally though, I enjoy getting better, but I hate being required to be better than I am. I enjoy "doing well enough to succeed" rather quickly, and then improving my performance on top of that to do even better. It's a bit like a racing game in which you can get first place easily enough, but then you can go back in and keep trying to get even better times.

Also, might I suggest Sudoku? I never played it until Mass Effect: Andromeda, but then I got hooked and it's a really fun game once you get into it.

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

Ok.

Ok.

Don't care.

@Teamkiller.4315 said:

You probably shouldn't play easy mode than, and good news! You'd never have to. Ever. So it's not an issue.

My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

Also sudoku is good game but becomes boring for me quite quicky because it is too simple problem. I wrote program to solve sudoku first semester at my university. That means there is simple enough alogorithm that solve solve it. Once there is an algorithm then decisionmaking isnt required and then I lose focus because I dont have to make decisions anymore. Games are great for this because algorythm to win games is too complicated because It has to take into consideration actions of other players and that mean it is too complicated to folow it and that leaves space for decisions during fight. On the other hand parts of the game that doesnt involve other players are scripted and so you can always finish them the same way and that becomes boring quicky. And for the pvp/wvw: i dont like to compete with others, i like to compete with myself.

Edit: 1) i understand what, i want to know why

My question is why dont you want to change PvP or WvW if you dont enjoy it? Its the same right? You acepted that those gamemodes are ot for you but at the same time you didnt accept that raids are not for you.

Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an alternate way to get these things, say an easy mode version of them, then I would have no reason to have anything to say about how the normal mode version works.

I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain why I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the opportunity to play well, but without requiring that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Personal choice of how to spend my time. Can't fight every battle. I've made some suggestions about both in the past, mostly PvP. WvW is mostly off my radar, it just offers nothing that interests me.

With raids, I would be willing to accept your "raids are not for you" argument, IF they had nothing that I wanted. But they do have stuff I want, they have Tyria story content that I want to participate in, and they have the only access to Envoy skins. If there were an alternate way to get these things, say an easy mode version of them, then I would have no reason to have anything to say about how the normal mode version works.

I think we're just different people that enjoy different aspects. I can't really explain why I enjoy the things I enjoy, I just do. I like when games give me the opportunity to play well, but without requiring that I play well. I like to try hard, I don't like to fail because that wasn't good enough. We won't see eye to eye on a single game mode that we can both enjoy, but I hope that we can agree that you should have the normal mode to suit your tastes, and I can have the easy mode to suit mine.

I can respect this butcher, thanks for going into detail on your views.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Did you quote the wrong person becouse you address butcher but quote Ohoni

@Linken.6345 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Oh probably, I’m working on an hour worth of sleep.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Oh probably, I’m working on an hour worth of sleep.

I'll take it. ;)

• Regn.1924Regn.1924 Member ✭✭

This isn't the first time ANet has deployed a steep learning curve that you need to learn before you even get to start at the beginning of the curve. Imagine my surprise when I entered a story mode dungeon years ago, thinking it was story mode, as in prior to a higher level of difficulty. Back then people could more easily read your achievement points, and if you had below x achievement points they would deny you entry. Many classes were also alienated from joining dungeon groups due to group-setup favoritism/elitism.

Personally, I'm used to Lineage 2 where there were no group search feature at all, and you had to find farm groups the old fashioned way by getting to know people. I realize that this is the way to go in GW2 as well, but the group search feature in GW2 will always suggest otherwise. They should either remove the group search feature, or integrate it properly. That's my two cents, anyway.

@Regn.1924 said:
    This isn't the first time ANet has deployed a steep learning curve that you need to learn before you even get to start at the beginning of the curve. Imagine my surprise when I entered a story mode dungeon years ago, thinking it was story mode, as in prior to a higher level of difficulty. Back then people could more easily read your achievement points, and if you had below x achievement points they would deny you entry. Many classes were also alienated from joining dungeon groups due to group-setup favoritism/elitism.

Nah, it was always easy to find a group for any dungeon content. Some groups chose to be exclusionary, but plenty didn't care. I don't recall ever actually being kicked from a group for "check" reasons, but I knew well enough to not join groups that advertised limits.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Regn.1924 said:

They weren't. Yes, there were elitist groups, but for each one there were a few open ones. It's just you usually seen the former in LFG, because the latter ones filled up much faster. And it was so because (as opposed to raid situation now), the "all welcome" groups had practically the same chance of completing said dungeon. At worst it was taking them longer.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• @Ohoni.6057 said:

What Wing offers me a Legendary Backpack and Legendary Weapons?

Since easy mode raids shouldn't give achievements, LI doesn't matter anyway.

If people want to join a raiding guild, that's fine, but if they don't want to, then they shouldn't have to. Even if I were to join one, would that guarantee that they would be >available to raid whenever I logged in, or would the more likely scenario be that I would need to make myself available at a specific time if I wanted to raid? That's not a >burden that every player is comfortable with.

In that case you have to rely on pugs. If people don't wanna join a guild, they have to deal with it. That is a self-made problem.

Why? Only because i kill bosses with pugs while others dont?

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

I would like to know what you respect. I guess it is this post right?

@Tyson.5160 said:

I play mostly raids and fractals. Sometimes when i feel like like it i go dragonstand, or i go hunt some masteries.... That doesnt mean i wouldnt quit if there was no raids because 1 hour every 2 weeks (maximum) is not enough to keep me playing.

I don't know, I don't raid, so most of what I know is from videos and the wiki. My guess it none of them, but ideally there would be paths to earn those items through raiding, like you could purchase portions of the requirements using mangetite and/or LI. The more methods, the better.

Since easy mode raids shouldn't give achievements, LI doesn't matter anyway.

Right, the method for unlocking the Envoy armor would need a number of alternate steps. In another thread we were discussing making it so that Perfected Envoy armor would be available to both modes, but Experimental Envoy armor would be limited to normal difficulty only. That would actually make sense, as that set's the one attached directly to boss kills. Easy mode would skip that step and just have a different process (which would take as long or more likely longer to complete) that would skip you straight to the Refined Armor step.

In that case you have to rely on pugs. If people don't wanna join a guild, they have to deal with it. That is a self-made problem.

It's a self-made choice in response to the design decisions ANet made about the content. None of the options are good ones, that's my point. I would like them to add more options for how to play them, so that I can choose the best option, rather than the "least bad" option.

Yes. That.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Yes. That.

Others do a lot of stuff I don't. I fail to see a problem.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Yes. That.

That's ok, so long as you have empathy for people who are different than you.

• yann.1946yann.1946 Member ✭✭✭

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Yes. That.

That's ok, so long as you have empathy for people who are different than you.

As long as you're aware having empathy for someone doesn't translate in agreeing with what het says. Or just accepting what he wants.

• RaidsAreEasyAF.8652RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

@Ohoni.6057 said:
    I don't know, I don't raid, so most of what I know is from videos and the wiki. My guess it none of them, but ideally there would be paths to earn those items through >raiding, like you could purchase portions of the requirements using mangetite and/or LI. The more methods, the better.

Tbh, I don't even want legendary backpacks or weapons through raiding. Anet would require me to play open world anyway. I don't understand why i have to play open world content for a raid legendary Armor. Why do i have to play open world for the legendary fractal backpack? Raid armor should be solely available through raids. You can add open world stuff as additional options to speed it up.

Right, the method for unlocking the Envoy armor would need a number of alternate steps. In another thread we were discussing making it so that Perfected Envoy >armor would be available to both modes, but Experimental Envoy armor would be limited to normal difficulty only. That would actually make sense, as that set's the one >attached directly to boss kills. Easy mode would skip that step and just have a different process (which would take as long or more likely longer to complete) that would >skip you straight to the Refined Armor step.

Fair enough.

It's a self-made choice in response to the design decisions ANet made about the content. None of the options are good ones, that's my point. I would like them to add >more options for how to play them, so that I can choose the best option, rather than the "least bad" option.

I don't really know how anet could change that. Auto grouping won't work, given how terrible most pugs in this game are. You also won't see the community shifting away from kp and li requirements.

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

No good will come of yet another thread full of this.

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Oh you missed it.. it's right there next to the Open World Legendary Armor vendor.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• Dzjudz.9142Dzjudz.9142 Member ✭✭✭

Ohoni are you EU or NA? If you are EU I'll be happy to take you along for a no stress raid pug, no strings attached, and show you the ropes. It's about time :)

Main char: Samara
    [NLT] Nederlandstalige guild
    [US] Raid selling guild on EU

@Dzjudz.9142 said:
    Ohoni are you EU or NA? If you are EU I'll be happy to take you along for a no stress raid pug, no strings attached, and show you the ropes. It's about time :)

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not looking for special treatment or anything. I want a solution that works out for all the players in my boat. I'm aware of how the raids work, I just don't think they work for everyone that they could.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

And your analogy was poorly picked. But let's use it anyway. Say I hate the make, the model, the color and the handles. But I love how it drives. Still perplexing?

Yeah it is.

What you can know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yeah it is.

What you can know, for certain, is the developers created this content to target a specific group of players, and they continue to develop it.

And therein lies the problem. I would agree a billion percent with you, if they didn’t attach the Legendary Envoy armor to Raids. They purposely design a piece of content that’s “Not for everyone” and they stuck Legendary Armor to it. Legendary Armor should never be for a niche, it should be like Legendary Weapons.

First off, everything legendary is niche.
    Second, every piece of content has an exclusive reward. Raids are no exception.
    Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.
    And last but not least, just yesterday I pugged Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

edited June 13, 2018

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yeah it is.

Third, if you want a legendary armor so badly, the game offers two more ways of getting one. Pick your poison.
    And last but not least, just yesterday I pugged Dhuum CM. And got VitV after also pugging Desmina and statues achievements. Compared to that, getting the Envoy collections is a piece of cake, so you can pug your way there with ease. Just stop complaining and start playing for the reward you want.

Oh, I already have Legendary Armor,I’m not complaining because I don’t want to do the work, I did the work. I think there is a major flaw in their thinking. I’m not saying that Raids shouldn’t get rewards, they should, but if Anet is saying Raids aren’t for everyone then they need to design a set of Legendary Armor that is for the rest of them.

• Dzjudz.9142Dzjudz.9142 Member ✭✭✭

@Ohoni.6057 said:

@Dzjudz.9142 said:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not looking for special treatment or anything. I want a solution that works out for all the players in my boat. I'm aware of how the raids work, I just don't think they work for everyone that they could.

It's not special treatment, there are many raid training initiatives that do exactly what I offered you. Everyone can join those, they have no join restrictions and are usually open discords.

Main char: Samara
    [NLT] Nederlandstalige guild
    [US] Raid selling guild on EU

• Lelouch.3275Lelouch.3275 Member ✭✭

Idk why some people are complaining about how hard it is to get the leg armor. I started raiding with the attitude "Let's work on my leg armor!" ~5 months back. And here I am and I only have 17 days left untill i have the full set. And if i would have made a proper plan, I would have been finished 2 month ago and didnt have to still collect provisioners token at the end :).
    If you dont have some stamina I dont recommend to go for it.

Anet want raids to be hard and they intentionally put the leg armor behind those. So they wont provide an easy way to get those like "easy mode raids with rewards". And if you dont want the skins you can still go for wvw or pvp.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yeah it is.

Oh, I already have Legendary Armor,I’m not complaining because I don’t want to do the work, I did the work. I think there is a major flaw in their thinking. I’m not saying that Raids shouldn’t get rewards, they should, but if Anet is saying Raids aren’t for everyone then they need to design a set of Legendary Armor that is for the rest of them.

They did, two sets of those.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yes. The problem is, that's a different niche.

Sure. They have exclusive rewards comparable to exclusive rewards in other content. They also have the Legendary Armor. Which happens to be on only the only PvE legendary armor, but also the only legendary armor with an actual skin, and the only transforming armor set in the game.
    If raids really were no exception worth mentioning, we wouldn't be mentioning that.

Ah, you see, even if you can pick your poison, it's still poison.

And? It's not like your anegdotal story changes or refutes any of the abovementioned points.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:
    If raids really were no exception worth mentioning, we wouldn't be mentioning that.

Path of Fire owners don't get to play with Envoy either. Hall of Chains doesn't have Legendary Armor last I checked.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yes. The problem is, that's a different niche.

Sure. They have exclusive rewards comparable to exclusive rewards in other content. They also have the Legendary Armor. Which happens to be on only the only PvE legendary armor, but also the only legendary armor with an actual skin, and the only transforming armor set in the game.

Ah, you see, even if you can pick your poison, it's still poison.

And? It's not like your anegdotal story changes or refutes any of the abovementioned points.

Is ad infinitum only legendary backpack?

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yeah it is.

Yes for PVP and WVW, which are an excellent addition by the way.

A gen 1 Legendary Weapon takes gold, some map completion, a bit of WvW and dungeon tokens, as well as karma for obey shards. How is this comparable to raiding?

What about PVE armor for those who don’t since the devs went out of their way to create content “Not for everyone.”, which fine, then put in Legendary Armor that’s for everyone.

I get the sense that if Anet releases another set for non raids, that this would somehow hurt raids for some reason.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tyson.5160 said:
    I get the sense that if Anet releases another set for non raids, that this would somehow hurt raids for some reason.

It wouldn't hurt Raids as a whole, Hall of Chains doesn't have Legendary Armor either.
    What it could hurt is Heart of Thorns sales and Forsaken Thicket / Bastion of the Penitent runs.
    Remember that Envoy Armor is exclusive to that expansion unlike the PVP and WVW Legendary Armors that are available for everyone.
    Maybe they want to keep Legendary Armor acquisition behind their first expansion to boost its sales, at the very least Envoy armor skin will most likely remain a Heart of Thorns exclusive, I don't see other expansion skins available outside their respective expansions, even the reward tracks require expansion purchase.
    The best way would be to add a new Legendary Armor skin in the next expansion, or through LS3, so as not to undermine Heart of Thorns.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:

Yeah it is.

Yes for PVP and WVW, which are an excellent addition by the way.

A gen 1 Legendary Weapon takes gold, some map completion, a bit of WvW and dungeon tokens, as well as karma for obey shards. How is this comparable to raiding?

What about PVE armor for those who don’t since the devs went out of their way to create content “Not for everyone.”, which fine, then put in Legendary Armor that’s for everyone.

No, unless they release it with the Envoy skin. But I don't think they plan to release another PvE set at all, hence the comment. It's not that I actively oppose it, I just a) don't think it is needed and b) don't think it is happening.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.