What capital city are you visiting most? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What capital city are you visiting most?

Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 12, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Do you also have something like that, that after a farm/dung/fractal/raid or whatever ends, you use the same waypoint to the bank/trading post everytime you end something?

I for most of the time am teleporting to Lion's Arch- the waypoint near the Mystic Forge. And I usually go selling stuff to Miyani.

Do you also have such habits? :D

Where do you teleport most of the time to?

Seek, and you shall find.

What capital city are you visiting most? 286 votes

Lion's Arch
23%
mikansei.5742derd.6413Glider.5792DietPepsi.4371LINKAZZATORE.8135BunjiKugashira.9754Arden.7480Glox.5942Iron.4372Klowdy.3126Ardid.7203Xykris.6758Westenev.5289Ranger Hussy.9523Gigalmesh.8513MachineManXX.9746DeadTreeJig.6714Blood Red Arachnid.2493eduardo.1436sokeenoppa.5384 66 votes
Divinity's Reach
24%
Menadena.7482Just a flesh wound.3589Daedalus.4193Vlad Morbius.1759RoseofGilead.8907DeanBB.4268Donari.5237Wizler.8192Mini Crinny.6190AncientYs.8613Kalendraf.9521Ashen.2907Sylent.3165notebene.3190Darksun.4702Ameepa.6793kurfu.5623Marxx.5021Silverstar.7415Kiva.9012 70 votes
Rata Sum
15%
nottsgman.8206pinerider.1950Pifil.5193Endless Soul.5178Manasa Devi.7958mosser.7695XenesisII.1540Laughing Bat.1570Ayrilana.1396Tanner Blackfeather.6509Mirai Okumori.6205Fetchquest.4529Kal Spiro.9745Moogri.1935GWMO.4785Leablo.2651Ray Koopa.2354Teleoceras.1298HnRkLnXqZ.1870hugo.4705 44 votes
Hoelbrak
2%
particlepinata.9865Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864joneirikb.7506Dragana.1497Alek Seven.2374Elspereth.1280Blue.2734 7 votes
Black Citadel
6%
starhunter.6015Dante.1763Ajaxx.3157Bjorn Wolfen.4752Zephire.8049CalamityO.2890GreyCatfish.9356Elmo Benchwarmer.3025hash.8462Kumouta.4985Gemnaid.4219Orion Templar.4589Fluff.9372Wakthor Thorwak.2819Castigator.3470Sagmir.6542Zephyr.5382Maidah.2539 18 votes
The Grove
4%
Durzlla.6295Musaroxy.2874Zorpi.5904Aramus.8143lokh.2695Dewsitine.3645Puma.3645Infinityedge.6485Zeefa.3915Lexi.1398hinata.2136Tzarakiel.7490Warkind.6745Sabara.1496 14 votes
I only use the Lounges
15%
WhatLiesBeneath.9018Ariurotl.3718Solori.6025Geisterlicht.6083Rauderi.8706Neural.1824hornswroggle.8023Curunen.8729NotOverlyCheesy.9427Inculpatus cedo.9234Asum.4960Haleydawn.3764Zaraki.5784TheWolf.1602Susy.7529Robban.1256Tsume.4762Sarge shot Grif.6450circuitnerd.5863CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617 44 votes
I have no special place
2%
altermaven.7385Jwake.7013Kitty.6219Kadsik.9281Goldammer.4352djoo.4561CameraBoy.5927 7 votes
Others
5%
Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209Vavume.8065kharmin.7683akenoyuki.8210Alga.6498Offair.2563killermanjaro.5670otto.5684Hybarf Tics.2048Ygomogad.1836deatine.2498Rysdude.3824Batdogi.7142Thais.4639phs.6089nibbesanttu.5014 16 votes
<1

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Divinity's Reach and Lion's Arch.

DR has the fastest load time for me (though I hate that more people caught on the conveniently placed Bank and TP access in the city making the load times longer again)

LA because of mystic forge and crafting

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

Used to be the Grove but for some reason it kills my fps now, so I haven't used it in a while.

Probably best to say which ones are least visited - easily Black Citadel and Hoelbrak - almost never go there.

DR is usually only during Wintersday now.

Even though playing asura I rarely use Rata Sum unless wanting to go in the home instance.

LA - sure this was frequently used until I got the mistlock sanctuary key, now I have no reason to go there. So right now I'd have to say mistlock sanctuary over all the rest.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

Of course, no one only uses the lounges. There are things you have to visit cities for e.g. harvesting your home instance. But I answered in the spirit of the poll as all my characters default to Mistlock Sanctuary for activities like crafting, banking, selling inventory, collecting from TP etc.

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

I chose other. I mostly use Mistlock.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

@costepj.5120 said:
    Of course, no one only uses the lounges. There are things you have to visit cities for e.g. harvesting your home instance. But I answered in the spirit of the poll as all my characters default to Mistlock Sanctuary for activities like crafting, banking, selling inventory, collecting from TP etc.

Same, except I mostly use Royal Terrace. I will use Lily of the Elon to travel to the Desert, and Cities, just to get closer to a Waypoint/map.
    But, for Crafting, MF, inventory management, it's almost always Royal Terrace; it has the best layout for me.

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

Yeah but ... Cosmic Energy !!

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

Got used to Lion's Arch, I don't know why but in my head it seems like the real CAPITAL. And I know where to go when I need something because I've learned it best out of all other capitals.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

Divinity's Reach, specifically the Royal Terrace lounge, because it's free to go there and I can get to the other cities for free and it's the first lounge pass I got, so it's my "habit" now.

But I'll use the other lounges for specific purposes:

• Mistlock => bounce there,, do my thing, bounce back
    • Airship => if I'm going to the Vigil HQ for any reason because it's just down there.
    • Lava Lounge => The odd times I want to be in that part of Ember Bay.
    • Lily => Desert gatherer daily missions, Desert vistas, the odd days when I decide to go Raptor Racing.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

DR first, due to efficient home instance and Private Area.
    Sometimes RataSum because its equally nice.
    Grove and Hoelbrak are kinda meh, but the Hoelbrak home instance makes me so mad we can't use mounts. That place is the absolute worst

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Black Citadel

Black Citadel most of the time, but I like LA too :3

• titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018
    Divinity's Reach

because terrace pass. if i didn’t have then lions arch. i like to see many players in the map. so i know the game is populated.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018
    I only use the Lounges

I bought the Collectors Edition for Path of Fire so the Lounge is convenient, seems to have everything as opposed to some lounges which cheap out on a specific thing by not including it.

Other times I'll use Rata Sum out of habit, everything is perfectly laid out there.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

I park in Amnoon

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• rajmaj.4576rajmaj.4576 Member ✭✭
    Lion's Arch

When I'm not chilling in Claypool (Queensdale), I normally go to Lion's Arch because its a fairly central location and very easy to get to. Add to the fact that all crafting stations are really close together, and it's fairly ideal for my general uses.

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭
    Others

WvW spawn, all vendors close to eachother ( apart from mystic toilet which i barely use anyway ). When done just leave and end up at same location as i was before.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• altermaven.7385altermaven.7385 Member ✭✭✭
    I have no special place

Depends on where I am in Tyria. If I'm in the western part (incl. HoT areas) or in Orr, I'll use either Rata Sum or The Grove. If I'm in the northen section, I'll be at Hoelbrak. If I'm at the desert, I'll use my pass. If I'm in Ascalon for some unique reason (mining trips, Shatterer beatdowns, Ascalonian dailies) I'll be in Black Citadel. If I'm in the southern areas but not Desert and I just need bank/post, there's a small section in Mt. Maelstrom I can park in.

Helpdesking rodent hailing from Skrittsylvania.
    Roaming skritt needs caffeine badly.
    Oldschool electronic music enthusiast who also likes Autechre.

• kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

Divinity's Reach - it's uncluttered, and everything I need is reasonably close.

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

Divinity's Reach. The home instance farming nodes are easier to spot than in the other cities, the bank/crafting table is a springer's fall down from the Minister's Waypoint. It's all compact, quick, and efficient.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

Lions Arch. Because it has a tour guide. And a giant lobster.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Catchyfx.5768Catchyfx.5768 Member ✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

LA - Fractal Dailies
    DR- human master race

Jokaurene

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rata Sum

Rata Sum, it's the best laid out and everything is close by.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

Ebonhawke is my favorite and most used place.

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

Lily of Elon pass. Amnoon.
    I go to whichever capital city has the gathering daily (never the Grove, ew).

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Divinity's Reach

Divinity's Reach for familiarity (I play mostly humans)
    Lion's Arch for the Mystic Forge
    Amnoon because it's pretty (I am that shallow)

Prince of Angels - Disney Prince with a Horrifying Power

• Maikimaik.1974Maikimaik.1974 Member ✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

I LOVE Hoelbrak but everything is just placed so inconveniently...

• RavynousHunter.2130RavynousHunter.2130 Member
    edited June 12, 2018
    Divinity's Reach

LA for making Mystic Salvage Kits. Divinity's Reach for Laurel Merch, and Queensdale for everything else. I'd kill for a Mystic Forge in a place that doesn't take as long to load as LA, though. Especially given the damned intro cinematic out of which I can't opt when I go there with a new character for the first time.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

For 95% of what I need, I head to my Guild Hall. The remaining 5% usually comes down to the Magic Toilet or Fractals. My crafting toons are perma camped in LA though.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

Mistlock Sactuary FTW!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Zephyr.5382Zephyr.5382 Member ✭✭✭
    Black Citadel

Black Citadel because of the cheaper portal scroll. =)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Citadel_Portal_Scroll

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

LA For Crafting, and generic stuff, often a launch point to other places.
    DR for Home Instance, Trading, and Bank.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

For capital city specifically at the end of a session I have to say LA, just bc it links directly from everywhere -- guild hall, pvp lobby, wvw, fractals, etc. . . .

But I can typically finish my business in those other places so I don't actually need to go back to LA . . .

For home instance I do Black Citadel just bc I do home instance on a charr . . .

Rata Sum is prolly the most convenient overall, if you don't need the mystic forge . . .

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

@juhani.5361 said:
    Divinity's Reach. The home instance farming nodes are easier to spot than in the other cities

Except the Brandstone node. That's in weird places in all of them, but at least the one in the Black Citadel is just there next to the garden plots, and in Hoelbrak it's just tucked in a corner almost behind a hanging cloth, rather than down some scruffy alley over there.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

Divinity's Reach, due to both the Home Portal and Royal Pass.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Fraghound.5730Fraghound.5730 Member ✭✭✭
    Rata Sum

Rata Sum is the city I visit most often, LA on the other hand is the one I avoid. Ever since PoF came out it takes me anywhere from 3-5 minutes of sitting at the loading screen (more if I disconnect in the middle of it. x.x) and my cpu spikes to 100% for half of the loading.

• Others

I find the majority of my time in game spent in Palawadan.

• Black Citadel

For merchant/trading post/bank access I use the Mistlock Sanctuary. I voted Black Citadel though since I typically go there for home instance gathering on days when one of the dailies isn't specifically in one of the other zones. I default to Black Citadel for home instance gathering since the portal from Mistlock Sanctuary puts me close to the home instance entrance.

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

I go to LA almost exclusively, unless there's something I need located at one of the other towns.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

I love DR. If you have the doric scroll you basically have a pass to right outside a daily harvesting area.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• I only use the Lounges

Before I had the Mistlock Sanctuary pass my characters went to their home cities, so Norn to Hoelbrak, Sylvari to The Grove, etc. I'd either park them at the bank or at a crafting station if they are crafters. But now whenever I need to use any of the services cities provide, I go to the Mistlock Sanctuary, and that is also where all my characters are now parked. The only time I visit cities are for daily home instance farming (I go to The Grove by default, unless there's a daily gathering in one of the other areas). I only visit Rata Sum when the Super Adventure Box is opened (since Maguuma gathering can be done in The Grove, and the home instance there is much more compact).

• deatine.2498deatine.2498 Member ✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018
    Others

I started visiting Ebonhawke regularly again. That one street with all the crafting stations and bank+Black Lion Trader in one house is nice.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Others

Ebonhawk. I use lounges and the mist as well.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Black Citadel

Black Citadel, because nobody really goes there, so its empty, loads really quickly and even though everything is spread out due to the first two i have a better time there. I do wish it had a special access area though..

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭
    Black Citadel

I go to the citadel if i need to craft anything, but otherwise the PvP lobby has an easily accessible bank and tp at no waypoint cost.

• KeoLegend.5132KeoLegend.5132 Member ✭✭✭
    I only use the Lounges

Lily of the Elon! Best place ever to be

• Black Citadel

Black citadel for home instance. However, I'm finding myself using the more out of the way area(s) like Ashford forum in plains of Ashford. It's quiet, stations are close to each other.

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@juhani.5361 said:
    Divinity's Reach. The home instance farming nodes are easier to spot than in the other cities

Except the Brandstone node. That's in weird places in all of them, but at least the one in the Black Citadel is just there next to the garden plots, and in Hoelbrak it's just tucked in a corner almost behind a hanging cloth, rather than down some scruffy alley over there.

Maybe I should rephrase-- "My four pathetic nodes show up easily on my minimap." ;) I don't have the brandstone node.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Divinity's Reach

I voted Divinity.

Note that I have outpost Noble's Folly. Since then, all my toons are there and I very rarely use towns, except for farming home instance. Even before that, I was trying to avoid towns, and was more using the starter zone of Fields of Ruin area, that has bank/TP and crafting stations altogether, most of the time nicely empty. :)

Now regarding towns, for me, 3 criteria matter:

• How nice.
    • How practical.
    • How quiet it is (I don't like overcrowding, with mounts, those running in circles, those using their skills, those double clicking in a row their goodies doing serie of unpleasant flashing, and so on...).

Based on those 3 points, Divinity wins, with bank and TP together, crafting stations straight below reached by simply jumping down, the portals to LA and to FoR, and a moderate population unless there is an event right there (Like Wintersday).

I find the Grove beautiful, but it is a maze and the opposite of practical. I avoid LA as far as I can. First, I do not like the new design. Then, TP is too far from bank (to my taste) and at the top of it, it is mostly overcrowded, especially over the weekend. I do not like Black Citadel that is too dark and metal for me, plus the maze, plus the bank from from TP. Rata Sum and Hoelbrak, not much to say. They are OK, not more, with a little preference for Rata Sum where TP, bank and crafting stations are close together.

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lion's Arch

I've tried using other cities, but I tend to get confused easily.

I'm surprised Ebonhawke isn't on the list; I sometimes use it for banking and the TP.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.