LWS3 Rising Flame - Dragon Vigil progression bug [merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

LWS3 Rising Flame - Dragon Vigil progression bug [merged]

Eathian.1580Eathian.1580 Member
edited June 15, 2018 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The pod bombs that drop through the mission do not have the throw ability upon pickup. Since I can't throw them I am unable to remove the effects to defeat the Veteran Destroyer of Hope.

Tagged:

Comments

• Can confirmed this happened to me as well while helping a friend to finish the story. Some of the achievements are not accessible because of this.

• xoz.2481xoz.2481 Member
    edited May 26, 2018

I was recently replaying the story mission Dragon Vigil for achievements. When It came time to pick up the pustule I noticed the skill Throw Pustule was missing. I have restarted the mission several time but it keeps happening. This mechanic is critical to certain achievements and the mission as a whole. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

• I just encountered this too, and it's very annoying since i went in to progress a character through the LS3 story and work on some achievements I never got. This prevents accomplishing the achievements. You can still progress through the story. Just fly off to the side and let Lazarus kill the destroyer boss. It will take 15-20 minutes, though, so grab a bite to eat if you do it that way.

• I'm having the same issue. Very annoying.

• Pazu.8320Pazu.8320 Member

Also having this issue. I've been trying to clear out some achievements I never bothered with, but I can't complete "I'm Rubber, You're Destroyer" because the pustules have no skill available after you pick up. I submitted an in game bug report, suggest everyone else does the same.

• I've got the same issue. I am playing the whole story for the first time and I'm quite disappointed I can't progress.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018

I have not had trouble with this story mission before. It was always easy to handle, once you got the mechanics right.

Now, in order to kill the final Veteran Destroyer of Hope, you used to pick up its explosives and throw them at it. But this no longer works, as those explosives no longer have any skills when you pick them up. You can merely use to drop key to get back to your weapon sets, but you cannot throw the pustule.

I died several times and couldn't get that boss down to 0%. I left the mission in frustration after a while, because my Thief doesn't have that many HP and spending an eternity to kill one single target while constantly being set on fire, while the shield protecting Aurene is being lowered as well, is out of the question here. It is just not doable without the pustules.

Please fix ASAP.

Edit: Screenshot attached

"What good is battle prowess when you are too dead to make use of it?" - Draco Ud Verik (Human Ranger) | Guild: Order of the Ebon [Hand]
    . My GW2 content charts: (1) PoF , (2) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (3) LWS 4 , (4) HoT , (5) LWS 2 , (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• I can confirm this myself, I also ran it last night. I submitted an in-game bug report with a screenshot of the lack of abilities while carrying a postule.

I was on a spellbreaker warrior, thankfully with a rifle equipped and i was able to range the Destroyer of Hope and eventually (after I don't know how long) defeat him. I died at least 3-4 times during that fight. Aurene's shield stayed around 25% for most of the time the Destroyer of Hope was out. I noticed that defeating the various enemies besides the Destroyer of Hope and making sure the postules didn't explode (which was difficult sometimes when there were lots of circles around) meant that the Exalted person could bring the shield slowly back up and maintain it for the length of the fight. I admit it was INCREDIBLY frustrating.

If you try this in the meantime before it's fixed, I'd bring a ranged weapon and stay out of the Destroyer's aoe field, kite it as needed, and kill the other enemies. Eventually it'll go down. Or bring a friend. It's not much of a workaround, but might help. Also, if you have anything that does chill, that's supposed to make the Destroyer vulnerable, but sadly my spellbreaker didn't have any of that, at least not that I could tell.

• I have the same issue. It made the mission very difficult to complete.

Hopefully, ANet will take care of this soon. I hate being stuck in the story, I wanted to finish all campaigns with my thief before the release of the next episode. :/

"What good is battle prowess when you are too dead to make use of it?" - Draco Ud Verik (Human Ranger) | Guild: Order of the Ebon [Hand]
    . My GW2 content charts: (1) PoF , (2) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (3) LWS 4 , (4) HoT , (5) LWS 2 , (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Same issue for me, playing it though for first time :(

• I'm currently having the same issues and can't make it though without dying.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭

Just did this mission, its a pain in the kitten to do this mission without that skill, and it completely blocks off an achievement.

• Same issue here as well.

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

I'm stuck there as well.
    Attempting this without the throwable item takes forever,it's not worth the time.

Needs a fix, have several characters stuck at it now.

Hmm, my response to this thread is gone? But i coulda sworn i posted here..

Regardless, this mission takes forever without the pustules and blocks off an achievement as well, and it needs fixed.

• same bug here

• Halaberd.6348Halaberd.6348 Member
    edited June 3, 2018

I had the same problem. ended up doing it the hard way without using them. took what seemed like forever and died a few times but I somehow managed to kill it before rage quitting.

• Yeah I ran into this problem also. I was hoping to do the related achievement, but of course that's impossible right now. Please fix this asap.

• I'm sad this wasn't fixed in today's patch.

edited June 6, 2018

@Bakemono.7928 said:
    I'm sad this wasn't fixed in today's patch.

Me too, but looking at sheer amount of current bugs, I don't see a fix soon.

P.S. For instance, I am majorly miffed over the fact that selecting a human male body type heavier/more muscular than the default one will result in severe clipping issues in the upper leg region with many of the medium armor pieces (and my favorite one in particular), where the pants visibly penetrate the chest piece because the latter is too tight for the body type.

• Kong.3280Kong.3280 Member ✭✭✭

I've been replaying story missions with character who haven't completed them.

Not only did I encounter this, but not once did I receive the special action skill from Lazarus.

It makes the mission quite frustrating and difficult to complete.

• Etaoin.4362Etaoin.4362 Member ✭✭

Same issue here. Can anyone recommend a label to use to report this as a bug in-game? Is it a skill issue, or should I report it as something else?

@Etaoin.4362 said:
    Same issue here. Can anyone recommend a label to use to report this as a bug in-game? Is it a skill issue, or should I report it as something else?

BLocking progress, cause thats what its doing.

• Is there allready an fix for this?

• Zionite.5924Zionite.5924 Member ✭✭

Can confirm this is happening. Can we get some Anet eyes on this?

• Xae.7204Xae.7204 Member

This is still bugged.

Why are progression breaking bugs being ignored?

• Bump

It's still bugged. Needs a fix.

• This has been fixed and run through QA, so it should be in the next content update.

Content Designer

• edited June 13, 2018

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    This has been fixed and run through QA, so it should be in the next content update.

any date for it yet besides soon™?

• @Bakemono.7928 said:
    I'm sad this wasn't fixed in today's patch.

they said "its fixed and will be in the next content update"

now we wait

• Still bugged as of now

• @Edgy McEdgelord.4790 said:

No, sorry, I can't give specific dates since I don't control when it gets pushed out to the live servers. (To minimize downtime, we don't update the servers every time there's a fix, instead several fixes will be put into one of the content updates that go out every few weeks.) I also think it's better to be vague then wrong if something comes up and the fix is delayed. : )

Content Designer

This has been fixed and run through QA, so it should be in the next content update.

That's great to hear! Thanks. :)

• faytte.1057faytte.1057 Member ✭✭

@Edgy McEdgelord.4790 said:

No, sorry, I can't give specific dates since I don't control when it gets pushed out to the live servers. (To minimize downtime, we don't update the servers every time there's a fix, instead several fixes will be put into one of the content updates that go out every few weeks.) I also think it's better to be vague then wrong if something comes up and the fix is delayed. : )

Just wanted to add to this, I cant progress my living story because of this bug. Stuck on this mission, even trying to ignore certain achievements. It seems for some squishy classes this is practically mandatory. I just hope soon is like..soon. I was really enjoying the plot :(

• same as the poaster above. its currently impossible for me to finish it solo and even as a group of 3 we did not manage to get the achievement for maintaining the shield above 50% as well as the one for not letting any bombs explode (which is bugged out as well).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.