Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

The veterans were shown to respawn independent of anyone opening the chests.

I did not know that. Thanks.

But the point that the chests aren't bugged for everyone stands, based on others' observations.

So I started out opening a chest a day, then the bug hit... I thought well if I just wait to get 10 keys then this will be fixed and I can open all at once. So after 10 days and I got a couple of key drops for wvw, I went to all maps and none have respawned. So here I sit with 12 keys just hoping one day I can proceed.

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

But the point that the chests aren't bugged for everyone stands, based on others' observations.

You can't tell that from just observing. For all we know, the people we observe opening the chests since this bug started haven't opened them since before it started. They may even be opening them for the first time so they've never been unavailable.

Got all my 3 acc's halted at the Iron Marches chest; bugged well over a week ago since today ill be getting my 11th key from the kraits. Always engaged the kraits and the chests according to the achievement list, from top to bottom and they all bugged at the same time for me. All acc's halted the same day at the same chest ofc, plus after the Iron Marches chest failed -> all chests are still uninteractable (is that a real word? Anyway. [2c]). (Finished the achievement twice before it bugged at the IM chest)

the bug has hit me now too :( I was able to get thru 3 rounds of 10. I saved til I had 10 keys and would open all 10 in a day. Had my 4th set of 10 keys and went to use them but the chests are open. guess I will just keep saving keys til the fix is implemented.

@Sarpan.9074 said:

With 15 keys and counting in storage, and being unable to interact with any of the chests at all on any level for almost 2 weeks (I had a couple of key drops), I'm now seeing more people coming up to the chests, then swimming away or only hanging around to kill Krait for the daily THEN swimming away, than I see interacting with them.

It being Tuesday, I was sort of hoping there'd be an update that fixes this, but it must be a huge head-scratcher for the devs to deal with. If they're reading this thread, Here's some data:

• I have an account that's been active since Beta.
  • I have both HoT and PoF with 254 mastery, and all of the characters tried had 100% map completion.
  • I used Asura Rangers (Druid) to go to kill Krait and open chests.
  • One is just over five years old, the other is just under two.
  • Both wear full ascended celestial armor, weapons and accessories, and usually use ascended harpoon guns. (Their other weapons are long-bow, axe and torch - basically the same builds for each character, also celestial ascended. The diving mask was originally a Graveborn's leather mask from Cursed Shores, but it was replaced with a leather ascended mask, first with +10 boosts then with a +15 boost - around which time I was unable to get any more chests OR speed boost infusions, so that's a huge hint there.)
  • I got my first key from the NPC and got another one from kills in Bloodtide Coast.
  • That first day, I opened one chest twice in a row (in Bloodtide Coast). It was NOT time-locked.
  • I was killing Krait mostly in Caldon Forest in the water north of the Hylek village at Zopatal Grounds for the Blood in the Water daily.
  • Since then I've done the Blood in the Water daily each day, and went through the list twice.
  • I was stopped on the third round on the fourth one of ten (Kessex Hills), with all of them disappearing entirely from being able to be used. (I can see them, but there's no title over them and no interact prompt comes up when near them. They're like background art.)
  • Since I was blocked, I've tried several different profession types, used both Human and Asura (mostly Asura) with different ages of characters and professions.
  • All were level 80.
  • Now, I just hang around the one in Kessex Hills (the next on my list) and get the daily that way.
  • With or without keys in inventory before getting the daily or after, the chests remain basically like background art.

I have NO idea if this is even relevant, but I suspect finding patterns of similarity among the affected accounts might be helpful. I find it remarkably annoying to be locked out from this, especially since I maxed out my daily achievement points and have only these things left to do to get more. The sooner the devs get this fixed the happier the GW community will be.

Anyone else have +15 boosts on their masks?

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

That "To-Do List” must be long, looooooong

is there any news on "Sunken chests" problem?5CH3cn8.pngxWVenAO.png

@totaloverride.3240 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

That "To-Do List” must be long, looooooongis there any news on "Sunken chests" problem?

...well, the list being long, serious exploits and progression blocking bugs in the story taking attention, people being at E3, and presumably this being a semi-difficult problem, are all candidates for why this is taking so long.

If there was news, it'd be here already. Asking isn't going to bring faster results, or faster status updates.

@mathion.8549 said:

I actually have 2 characters with +15's, I was able to complete the achievement twice before it bugged on me, so I got quite a few already. Still tho, I currently have 17 keys I cannot use.

As of tomorrow, this event will have broken for more days than working for some players. It represents the only Current game content - and was announced by Anet with much fanfare back on May 8th, though began to break May 27th.

As more and more players get caught in the 'permanently open boxes' issue, there is greater frustration. And despite one indirect announcement from the devs, we've had no schedule for a fix.

For those saying " Asking isn't going to bring faster results, or faster status updates," - this forum is precisely where players come to express frustrations and concerns, something which Anet itself encourages. The length of this thread and the number of posters also testifies to concerns. This clearly needs fixing. It would be great to hear when that might be.

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:I honestly don't mind when it comes out. As long as they remove the daily limit of opening chests

What is that limit, I've opened 3 in one day in the past just fine?

As long as it's more than 1 per day then clearly over time everyone's backlog of keys will be able to be used .. it's not like there's any kind of rush here, it's not like this content completion is needed to unlock anything else.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:I honestly don't mind when it comes out. As long as they remove the daily limit of opening chests

As long as it's more than 1 per day then clearly over time everyone's backlog of keys will be able to be used .. it's not like there's any kind of rush here, it's not like this content completion is needed to unlock anything else.

Good to know, thought I heard some players claiming it's 1 chest per day. Or i just misunderstood them, didn't make much sense to me either.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

The minimum would be 10 chests -- one full cycle of the achievement -- based on what we learned from people with extra keys. The maximum would be all your keys, cycling through repeatedly. We can't, yet, confirm exactly which because nobody that had 11 keys on a single day has come forward.

I strongly suspect, though, that it is the later: I was able to finish the achievement, get a random key drop, and open the first chest for the next cycle in a single day, suggesting that there is not a cap on how many times you repeat the cycle.

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:Good to know, thought I heard some players claiming it's 1 chest per day. Or i just misunderstood them, didn't make much sense to me either.

There was a lot of speculation, before ANet confirmed this was simply a bug, that there may be some strange cooldown. Some of that speculation was trivially disproven, such as "one chest per day", since multiple people have opened two chests in one day.

Since the post about it being a confirmed bug, various people have been repeating variations on that as "received truth", leading other people to worry about it, so they repeat the concern, leading to more people reading it and worrying, and so the infinite cycle continues, based on what was really just "do we know what is going on? is this deliberate, or is this a bug?" speculation way back.

So: ANet have confirmed that we are facing a bug, and player experience confirms at minimum you can open a full cycle worth of chests in a single day -- and probably more, but we can't be absolutely certain of that yet. Worst case, though, you gonna burn through that key backlog real quick.

@mathion.8549 said:

With 15 keys and counting in storage, and being unable to interact with any of the chests at all on any level for almost 2 weeks (I had a couple of key drops), I'm now seeing more people coming up to the chests, then swimming away or only hanging around to kill Krait for the daily THEN swimming away, than I see interacting with them.

It being Tuesday, I was sort of hoping there'd be an update that fixes this, but it must be a huge head-scratcher for the devs to deal with. If they're reading this thread, Here's some data:
  • I have an account that's been active since Beta.
  • I have both HoT and PoF with 254 mastery, and all of the characters tried had 100% map completion.
  • I used Asura Rangers (Druid) to go to kill Krait and open chests.
  • One is just over five years old, the other is just under two.
  • Both wear full ascended celestial armor, weapons and accessories, and usually use ascended harpoon guns. (Their other weapons are long-bow, axe and torch - basically the same builds for each character, also celestial ascended. The diving mask was originally a Graveborn's leather mask from Cursed Shores, but it was replaced with a leather ascended mask, first with +10 boosts then with a +15 boost - around which time I was unable to get any more chests OR speed boost infusions, so that's a huge hint there.)
  • I got my first key from the NPC and got another one from kills in Bloodtide Coast.
  • That first day, I opened one chest twice in a row (in Bloodtide Coast).
    It was NOT time-locked.
  • I was killing Krait mostly in Caldon Forest in the water north of the Hylek village at Zopatal Grounds for the Blood in the Water daily.
  • Since then I've done the Blood in the Water daily each day, and went through the list twice.
  • I was stopped on the third round on the fourth one of ten (Kessex Hills), with all of them disappearing entirely from being able to be used. (I can see them, but there's no title over them and no interact prompt comes up when near them. They're like background art.)
  • Since I was blocked, I've tried several different profession types, used both Human and Asura (mostly Asura) with different ages of characters and professions.
  • All were level 80.
  • Now, I just hang around the one in Kessex Hills (the next on my list) and get the daily that way.
  • With or without keys in inventory before getting the daily or after, the chests remain basically like background art.

I have NO idea if this is even relevant, but I suspect finding patterns of similarity among the affected accounts might be helpful. I find it remarkably annoying to be locked out from this, especially since I maxed out my daily achievement points and have only these things left to do to get more. The sooner the devs get this fixed the happier the GW community will be.

I am also a beta account, I also have HoT and PoF al char used had 100% map completion, Asura warrior ran through list twice and had a block on first chest in third run through, I save up 10 keys before a I start a run of 10to opens, now with 19 or 20 keys waiting, I just get each days new key. also no masks infused with the 71 +10 infusions I had stored after run 2.