Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

Well, I'm going to just trust that they'll get if fixed, and that all the loose ends will be tied up. As long as they don't limit how many nodes can be farmed daily, the ship should right itself fairly quickly after the fix. (Even if each node can only be farmed once a day, that's still 10 a day that can be looted.)

I've been planting a level 80 at each chest (6 of them so far). So, I should be ready to gobble up loot as soon as they make it ready. (I'm picking my level 80s based on not having the target zone mapped yet, so I have something to do beside just check the chest and kill a krait or two.)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

Has this happened to anyone?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I did. I saved 10 keys.. never used any and was able to turn in all 10. Did the same for 2nd time around with 10 keys. on 3rd time around I could only hand in 2. So definitely bugged.

@"ZeroNova.7902" said:Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I did. I saved 10 keys.. never used any and was able to turn in all 10. Did the same for 2nd time around with 10 keys. on 3rd time around I could only hand in 2. So definitely bugged.

We know it's bugged because the Devs have stated it is so.Opening a full cycle of chests in one day has not really anything to do with whether one can loot a particular chest more than once per day.

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

@"ZeroNova.7902" said:Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Literally the quest doesn't appear in my Hero Panel. As far as I can search, I think this is a first

@"ZeroNova.7902" said:Literally the quest doesn't appear in my Hero Panel. As far as I can search, I think this is a first

The daily 'kill 10 krait' is called "Blood in the Water" and it appears in the 'Recently Completed' list in the Summary part of the Achievement panel but only once you've started on it by killing one, you can then mark it for monitoring in the usual way.

I just did it to check, as I've been confused about this myself before now, after killing one krait it appeared in 'completed' showing 1/10 .. pretty unintuitive IMO.

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

That's right. Not all krait count. I've had success farming the ones in the water east of the Kraitbane Haven WP in the northern part of Caledon Forest.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@"ZeroNova.7902" said:Literally the quest doesn't appear in my Hero Panel. As far as I can search, I think this is a first

The daily 'kill 10 krait' is called "Blood in the Water" and it appears in the 'Recently Completed' list in the Summary part of the Achievement panel but only once you've started on it by killing one, you can then mark it for monitoring in the usual way.

I just did it to check, as I've been confused about this myself before now, after killing one krait it appeared in 'completed' showing 1/10 .. pretty unintuitive IMO.

Doesn't work still. Killed 10 kraits in 3 different map including Kraitbane WP in Caledon Forest, still no key lol

Chests are not resetting for at all. Spent a gold jumping to every chest. They are still open been that way for a week. If you are going to put equipment behind events collection at least make sure the events is fully functional. Sitting on 18 keys so far and the chests are not resetting. Love the game, but hate this event idea. To expensive and bugged to boot. ANET you can do so much better than this.

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It took me some time to locate it myself. Hero Panel > Achieves > Daily > bottom of the list below even the LS map dailies(similar to how the chest achieve is in HP>Ach>General>all the way at the bottom )

Though that wouldn't explain why killing 10 krait doesn't pop a key for you -- unless you have to do the initial round of 10 chests first? Or at least open one chest first? I don't recall any more whether I got all the chests first before proceeding to krait, but I think I didn't know about the krait one until later so it's likely that's how I did it.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

That's right. Not all krait count. I've had success farming the ones in the water east of the Kraitbane Haven WP in the northern part of Caledon Forest.

Strange. The "event" Krait that are part of the Teq event don't count for me, but the normal ones that sometimes wander into the line of fire do. I guess this might be something similar?

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:Strange. The "event" Krait that are part of the Teq event don't count for me, but the normal ones that sometimes wander into the line of fire do. I guess this might be something similar?

Generally speaking, foes that don't yield loot or XP sometimes don't count for achievements of any sort (weapon mastery, 1000 foe kills, etc.). These are typically foes included for scaling up events or to slow down completion, which is done to give more players a chance to contribute (or return from doing related pre-events). Whatever ANet has done to make them "non loot bearing" appears to frequently affect achievements.

However, the vast majority of Krait do count: all the ones in NE Caledon, the ones in the Aquatic Fractal, the ones throughout Kryta and Southern Shiverpeaks (including those in/around Blood Witch events).

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

The veterans were shown to respawn independent of anyone opening the chests.

I did not know that. Thanks.

But the point that the chests aren't bugged for everyone stands, based on others' observations.

Anyone else have +15 boosts on their masks?

I actually have 2 characters with +15's, I was able to complete the achievement twice before it bugged on me, so I got quite a few already. Still tho, I currently have 17 keys I cannot use.

Well, it's not a consistent thing there, so it probably isn't as simple as the infusions triggering the bug. I did try removing the infusions in all the ascended masks to see if that helps, but no joy there.

Whatever the bug is, it apparently does something to the chest reset cycle in a way that once triggered, the chests never recycle again for that account. And that made me wonder about something else. While I COULD open them before (and twice in a row at least in the beginning, meaning it didn't get "set" as looted after being opened), once I started on the Diver Master achievement, I didn't go BACK to the chests marked on the achievement panel as opened to see if they had respawned for a new day until their turn came up in the achievement panel again. So it's POSSIBLE they died in turn and didn't all disappear at the same time, with me THINKING they had because none of them were available by the time I ran into the bug.

This, of course, presumes that the chests all respawn daily (or are supposed to).

Has anyone else who can still interact with the chests checked this out by going to a chest they looted the day before to see if it's respawned like it should? Maybe not, given that most folks who can still loot the chests with the key don't know there's a bug so won't think to go back to see if their looted chests are gone and don't respawn the next day. But it's worth asking, just in case someone here can do that.

THAT they disappear for folks is known. Exactly when they do it probably isn't as well noticed.

@mathion.8549 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

The veterans were shown to respawn independent of anyone opening the chests.

I did not know that. Thanks.

But the point that the chests aren't bugged for everyone stands, based on others' observations.

Anyone else have +15 boosts on their masks?

I actually have 2 characters with +15's, I was able to complete the achievement twice before it bugged on me, so I got quite a few already. Still tho, I currently have 17 keys I cannot use.

Well, it's not a consistent thing there, so it probably isn't as simple as the infusions triggering the bug. I did try removing the infusions in all the ascended masks to see if that helps, but no joy there.

Whatever the bug is, it apparently does something to the chest reset cycle in a way that once triggered, the chests never recycle again for that account. And that made me wonder about something else. While I COULD open them before (and twice in a row at least in the beginning, meaning it didn't get "set" as looted after being opened), once I started on the Diver Master achievement, I didn't go BACK to the chests marked on the achievement panel as opened to see if they had respawned for a new day until their turn came up in the achievement panel again. So it's POSSIBLE they died in turn and didn't all disappear at the same time, with me THINKING they had because none of them were available by the time I ran into the bug.

This, of course, presumes that the chests all respawn daily (or are supposed to).

Has anyone else who can still interact with the chests checked this out by going to a chest they looted the day before to see if it's respawned like it should? Maybe not, given that most folks who can still loot the chests with the key don't know there's a bug so won't think to go back to see if their looted chests are gone and don't respawn the next day. But it's worth asking, just in case someone here can do that.

THAT they disappear for folks is known. Exactly when they do it probably isn't as well noticed.

I've yet to hit the bug, and I went back to the chest previously opened; it was already opened, which I did not find surprising as I've not finished this particular cycle of 10. We do know you can't open more than 1 chest in the cycle of 10.

@Donari.5237 said:

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It took me some time to locate it myself. Hero Panel > Achieves > Daily >
bottom of the list below even the LS map dailies
(similar to how the chest achieve is in HP>Ach>General>
all the way at the bottom
)

Though that wouldn't explain why killing 10 krait doesn't pop a key for you -- unless you have to do the initial round of 10 chests first? Or at least open one chest first? I don't recall any more whether I got all the chests first before proceeding to krait, but I think I didn't know about the krait one until later so it's likely that's how I did it.

How do I open the initial round of 10 chests without the daily quest trigger to get those keys? I’ve opened 1 chest using the key given by the NPC in Lion’s Arch, still no daily.

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It took me some time to locate it myself. Hero Panel > Achieves > Daily >
bottom of the list below even the LS map dailies
(similar to how the chest achieve is in HP>Ach>General>
all the way at the bottom
)

How do I open the initial round of 10 chests without the daily quest trigger to get those keys? I’ve opened 1 chest using the key given by the NPC in Lion’s Arch, still no daily.

For everyone else, you would do this to get through the quest:

1. Visit the person in Lion's Arch, get the first free key.
  2. Complete the daily and get the key.
  3. Extremely rarely get an extra drop from anything at all in the game that you kill.

Just to be sure: if you open your character panel, open the "daily" section, then scroll right to the bottom, down below the Domain of Istan, and the Sandswept Isles, you don't have a daily section for this?

If not, do you have any part of the Master Diver achievement completed at all?

Anyway, if you completed step one, and the daily quest is still not available to you, you should send a ticket to support. This is a different problem to the one this thread is about, and is not the bug that ANet have acknowledged and said they are working on.

@"Blocki.4931" said:I simply don't think anybody gives a kitten about it anymore.The length of this thread suggests that people do care about it. Some of us are waiting to see the pending fix that ANet mentioned (see above) — if that fixes stuff, then great, problem solved and we'll move on. Meantime, there's little more to say on the topic other than, "hold, please" or "here's a different specific situation that might be helpful in troubleshooting."

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:I simply don't think anybody gives a kitten about it anymore.The length of this thread suggests that people do care about it. Some of us are waiting to see the pending fix that ANet mentioned (see above) — if that fixes stuff, then great, problem solved and we'll move on. Meantime, there's little more to say on the topic other than, "hold, please" or "here's a different specific situation that might be helpful in troubleshooting."

Fair enough. I'm hoping that it does get fixed before I run into the issue myself ;)

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Oh yeah. Even the Krait Witch counts: one day, she happened to be the 10th krait I killed, and completed the Blood In The Water achievement.