Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

Has this happened to anyone?

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It took me some time to locate it myself. Hero Panel > Achieves > Daily >
bottom of the list below even the LS map dailies
(similar to how the chest achieve is in HP>Ach>General>
all the way at the bottom
)

Though that wouldn't explain why killing 10 krait doesn't pop a key for you -- unless you have to do the initial round of 10 chests first? Or at least open one chest first? I don't recall any more whether I got all the chests first before proceeding to krait, but I think I didn't know about the krait one until later so it's likely that's how I did it.

How do I open the initial round of 10 chests without the daily quest trigger to get those keys? I’ve opened 1 chest using the key given by the NPC in Lion’s Arch, still no daily.

For everyone else, you would do this to get through the quest:
  1. Visit the person in Lion's Arch, get the first free key.
  2. Complete the daily and get the key.
  3. Extremely rarely get an extra drop from anything at all in the game that you kill.

Just to be sure: if you open your character panel, open the "daily" section, then scroll right to the bottom, down below the Domain of Istan, and the Sandswept Isles, you don't have a daily section for this?

If not, do you have any part of the Master Diver achievement completed at all?

Anyway, if you completed step one, and the daily quest is still not available to you, you should send a ticket to support. This is a
different
problem to the one this thread is about, and is
not
the bug that ANet have acknowledged and said they are working on.

Finally the daily quest appears. Coincidentally, I just hit level 80 before server resets. So I think the pre-requisite for the daily quest to appear is to be Level 80.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Risen Krait don't count for the achievement. Every other krait I've killed counts.

For those doing Tequatl the event to protect the generators that spawns every fifteen minutes makes a ten kill super easy.

@"Daddicus.6128" You can find it here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker . It's currently listed as "Achievements: Players may be unable to open chests again after repeating the Master Driver achievement" and the status "Verifying" ("means we think we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works.").

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Besides the official statement(s) in this thread, and elsewhere, you can keep an eye on the Known Issue Tracker (which is pretty official).

Good luck.Where can we find that?

Sticky above.

Good luck.

By "above", do you mean on a previous page? I don't see a sticky on this page.

I mean front page, where all Stickies are located for each sub-forum.

I'm up to stacks of 16 of the keys now, on multiple accounts... I'm using the Captain's Airship Pass and gliding over to the quaggan Mellaggan Shrine, perhaps mining a little iron along the way. Or if it's convenient in world versus world, sometimes I kill ten of the krait there, on the Eternal Battlegrounds next to the hylek village. I wish they respawned all the time, rather than their area being unoccupied for part of the cycle...

It would be helpful if, when the devs manage to sort their mistake out, we can use all our stack of keys at one chest!

@Speedy.2579 said:I'm up to stacks of 16 of the keys now, on multiple accounts... I'm using the Captain's Airship Pass and gliding over to the quaggan Mellaggan Shrine, perhaps mining a little iron along the way. Or if it's convenient in world versus world, sometimes I kill ten of the krait there, on the Eternal Battlegrounds next to the hylek village. I wish they respawned all the time, rather than their area being unoccupied for part of the cycle...

It would be helpful if, when the devs manage to sort their mistake out, we can use all our stack of keys at one chest!

You don't want to use all your keys at one chest. The achievement for opening all chests is repeatable, and you get 5 +10 swim speed infusions each time you complete the achievement.

Those talking about how to farm krait, why not just camp one of the chest locations? I've been in the same spot for nearly 3 weeks, since the chests have been bugged and the veterans spawn really quickly. Often you get to kill 2 or 3 at a time. Normally there are at least 1 or 2 other people to speed things along.

Very tempted to just keep farming keys even after the chest bug is fixed and wait until I have 90, then rotate around all the chests 9 times! Seems more efficient than jumping location every day.

@Jong.5937 said:Those talking about how to farm krait, why not just camp one of the chest locations? I've been in the same spot for nearly 3 weeks, since the chests have been bugged and the veterans spawn really quickly. Often you get to kill 2 or 3 at a time. Normally there are at least 1 or 2 other people to speed things along.

Very tempted to just keep farming keys even after the chest bug is fixed and wait until I have 90, then rotate around all the chests 9 times! Seems more efficient than jumping location every day.

I used to do just like you, camping near a sunken chest and waiting kraits to respawn but I'm not doing that anymore.I have to thank the guy who said this in this thread (I'm too lazy to search his post), he said that the best method is fractal 7 (acquatic ruins), he's right, there are exactly 10 kraits by the first two cages, without waiting for them to respawn and without fearing that other players kill them before you land a hit, it's incredibly easy and fast.

@Thurindir.3268 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:No news? Can we expect to see the fix in this Tuesday's patch?

Sure would be nice!

We know from the "Known Bugs" thread that this issue is in "verification", which means they are testing the fix to ensure it works. That gives solid reason to hope it may fold into the next patch release, but no assurance.

Unfortunately, what argues against that happening is the LS4 E3 release, which is late, and is likely eating a huge amount of time as they hussle to get it out the door ASAP, and so smaller bug fixes may be pushed back until the patch following.

Personally, I'm on the "please, soon" side, as you might imagine. I'm about 50:50 in terms of expectation, though, based on experience around software release stuff, and observations of past ANet release timing.

@Snowblindness.7156 said:Looked at the date on the first post in this thread. Slowly losing hope.

You shouldn't: it is a confirmed bug, and ANet have a fix they are testing to make sure it works for everyone. It isn't the highest priority bug, in part because you are only delayed, not locked out, of the content. It is still being fixed, and will soon™ be released to the world, and working again.