Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 10 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

Has this happened to anyone?

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I did. I saved 10 keys.. never used any and was able to turn in all 10. Did the same for 2nd time around with 10 keys. on 3rd time around I could only hand in 2. So definitely bugged.

• @ZeroNova.7902 said:
    Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vegeta.2563 said:

We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I did. I saved 10 keys.. never used any and was able to turn in all 10. Did the same for 2nd time around with 10 keys. on 3rd time around I could only hand in 2. So definitely bugged.

We know it's bugged because the Devs have stated it is so.
    Opening a full cycle of chests in one day has not really anything to do with whether one can loot a particular chest more than once per day.

• @Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:
    Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Literally the quest doesn't appear in my Hero Panel. As far as I can search, I think this is a first

• Kraggy.4169Kraggy.4169 Member ✭✭
    edited June 15, 2018

@ZeroNova.7902 said:
    Literally the quest doesn't appear in my Hero Panel. As far as I can search, I think this is a first

The daily 'kill 10 krait' is called "Blood in the Water" and it appears in the 'Recently Completed' list in the Summary part of the Achievement panel but only once you've started on it by killing one, you can then mark it for monitoring in the usual way.

I just did it to check, as I've been confused about this myself before now, after killing one krait it appeared in 'completed' showing 1/10 .. pretty unintuitive IMO.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

That's right. Not all krait count. I've had success farming the ones in the water east of the Kraitbane Haven WP in the northern part of Caledon Forest.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

usualy do mine in level 7 fractal but when I do daily I get em easily in 99cm

You are aware it's not called 'Blood in the Water' in the (Daily) Achievement Panel, but 'Sunken Treasure Hunter'?

• @Kraggy.4169 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

The daily 'kill 10 krait' is called "Blood in the Water" and it appears in the 'Recently Completed' list in the Summary part of the Achievement panel but only once you've started on it by killing one, you can then mark it for monitoring in the usual way.

I just did it to check, as I've been confused about this myself before now, after killing one krait it appeared in 'completed' showing 1/10 .. pretty unintuitive IMO.

Doesn't work still. Killed 10 kraits in 3 different map including Kraitbane WP in Caledon Forest, still no key lol

• Chests are not resetting for at all. Spent a gold jumping to every chest. They are still open been that way for a week. If you are going to put equipment behind events collection at least make sure the events is fully functional. Sitting on 18 keys so far and the chests are not resetting. Love the game, but hate this event idea. To expensive and bugged to boot. ANET you can do so much better than this.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It took me some time to locate it myself. Hero Panel > Achieves > Daily > bottom of the list below even the LS map dailies
    (similar to how the chest achieve is in HP>Ach>General>all the way at the bottom )

Though that wouldn't explain why killing 10 krait doesn't pop a key for you -- unless you have to do the initial round of 10 chests first? Or at least open one chest first? I don't recall any more whether I got all the chests first before proceeding to krait, but I think I didn't know about the krait one until later so it's likely that's how I did it.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

That's right. Not all krait count. I've had success farming the ones in the water east of the Kraitbane Haven WP in the northern part of Caledon Forest.

Strange. The "event" Krait that are part of the Teq event don't count for me, but the normal ones that sometimes wander into the line of fire do. I guess this might be something similar?

• @SlippyCheeze.5483 said:
    Strange. The "event" Krait that are part of the Teq event don't count for me, but the normal ones that sometimes wander into the line of fire do. I guess this might be something similar?

Generally speaking, foes that don't yield loot or XP sometimes don't count for achievements of any sort (weapon mastery, 1000 foe kills, etc.). These are typically foes included for scaling up events or to slow down completion, which is done to give more players a chance to contribute (or return from doing related pre-events). Whatever ANet has done to make them "non loot bearing" appears to frequently affect achievements.

However, the vast majority of Krait do count: all the ones in NE Caledon, the ones in the Aquatic Fractal, the ones throughout Kryta and Southern Shiverpeaks (including those in/around Blood Witch events).

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• mathion.8549mathion.8549 Member ✭✭

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@mathion.8549 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:
    This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

The veterans were shown to respawn independent of anyone opening the chests.

I did not know that. Thanks.

But the point that the chests aren't bugged for everyone stands, based on others' observations.

Anyone else have +15 boosts on their masks?

I actually have 2 characters with +15's, I was able to complete the achievement twice before it bugged on me, so I got quite a few already. Still tho, I currently have 17 keys I cannot use.

Well, it's not a consistent thing there, so it probably isn't as simple as the infusions triggering the bug. I did try removing the infusions in all the ascended masks to see if that helps, but no joy there.

Whatever the bug is, it apparently does something to the chest reset cycle in a way that once triggered, the chests never recycle again for that account. And that made me wonder about something else. While I COULD open them before (and twice in a row at least in the beginning, meaning it didn't get "set" as looted after being opened), once I started on the Diver Master achievement, I didn't go BACK to the chests marked on the achievement panel as opened to see if they had respawned for a new day until their turn came up in the achievement panel again. So it's POSSIBLE they died in turn and didn't all disappear at the same time, with me THINKING they had because none of them were available by the time I ran into the bug.

This, of course, presumes that the chests all respawn daily (or are supposed to).

Has anyone else who can still interact with the chests checked this out by going to a chest they looted the day before to see if it's respawned like it should? Maybe not, given that most folks who can still loot the chests with the key don't know there's a bug so won't think to go back to see if their looted chests are gone and don't respawn the next day. But it's worth asking, just in case someone here can do that.

THAT they disappear for folks is known. Exactly when they do it probably isn't as well noticed.

@mathion.8549 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@mathion.8549 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:
    This is apparently not bugged for everyone. I check chests at least once a day and every time there's been a Veteran Krait Treasure Hunter or three hanging about, meaning that someone has opened the chest recently, I assume.

The veterans were shown to respawn independent of anyone opening the chests.

I did not know that. Thanks.

But the point that the chests aren't bugged for everyone stands, based on others' observations.

Anyone else have +15 boosts on their masks?

I actually have 2 characters with +15's, I was able to complete the achievement twice before it bugged on me, so I got quite a few already. Still tho, I currently have 17 keys I cannot use.

Well, it's not a consistent thing there, so it probably isn't as simple as the infusions triggering the bug. I did try removing the infusions in all the ascended masks to see if that helps, but no joy there.

Whatever the bug is, it apparently does something to the chest reset cycle in a way that once triggered, the chests never recycle again for that account. And that made me wonder about something else. While I COULD open them before (and twice in a row at least in the beginning, meaning it didn't get "set" as looted after being opened), once I started on the Diver Master achievement, I didn't go BACK to the chests marked on the achievement panel as opened to see if they had respawned for a new day until their turn came up in the achievement panel again. So it's POSSIBLE they died in turn and didn't all disappear at the same time, with me THINKING they had because none of them were available by the time I ran into the bug.

This, of course, presumes that the chests all respawn daily (or are supposed to).

Has anyone else who can still interact with the chests checked this out by going to a chest they looted the day before to see if it's respawned like it should? Maybe not, given that most folks who can still loot the chests with the key don't know there's a bug so won't think to go back to see if their looted chests are gone and don't respawn the next day. But it's worth asking, just in case someone here can do that.

THAT they disappear for folks is known. Exactly when they do it probably isn't as well noticed.

I've yet to hit the bug, and I went back to the chest previously opened; it was already opened, which I did not find surprising as I've not finished this particular cycle of 10. We do know you can't open more than 1 chest in the cycle of 10.

• Chests are bugged for me... Cannot progress at all with this achievement.

• @Donari.5237 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

Make sure you're looking in the right place. It took me some time to locate it myself. Hero Panel > Achieves > Daily > bottom of the list below even the LS map dailies
    (similar to how the chest achieve is in HP>Ach>General>all the way at the bottom )

Though that wouldn't explain why killing 10 krait doesn't pop a key for you -- unless you have to do the initial round of 10 chests first? Or at least open one chest first? I don't recall any more whether I got all the chests first before proceeding to krait, but I think I didn't know about the krait one until later so it's likely that's how I did it.

How do I open the initial round of 10 chests without the daily quest trigger to get those keys? I’ve opened 1 chest using the key given by the NPC in Lion’s Arch, still no daily.

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

How do I open the initial round of 10 chests without the daily quest trigger to get those keys? I’ve opened 1 chest using the key given by the NPC in Lion’s Arch, still no daily.

For everyone else, you would do this to get through the quest:

1. Visit the person in Lion's Arch, get the first free key.
    2. Complete the daily and get the key.
    3. Extremely rarely get an extra drop from anything at all in the game that you kill.

Just to be sure: if you open your character panel, open the "daily" section, then scroll right to the bottom, down below the Domain of Istan, and the Sandswept Isles, you don't have a daily section for this?

If not, do you have any part of the Master Diver achievement completed at all?

Anyway, if you completed step one, and the daily quest is still not available to you, you should send a ticket to support. This is a different problem to the one this thread is about, and is not the bug that ANet have acknowledged and said they are working on.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I simply don't think anybody gives a kitten about it anymore. Personally I only do it for the AP

Well, players can't do it for the AP, until the Devs release the bug fix.

• @Blocki.4931 said:
    I simply don't think anybody gives a kitten about it anymore.

The length of this thread suggests that people do care about it. Some of us are waiting to see the pending fix that ANet mentioned (see above) — if that fixes stuff, then great, problem solved and we'll move on. Meantime, there's little more to say on the topic other than, "hold, please" or "here's a different specific situation that might be helpful in troubleshooting."

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    I simply don't think anybody gives a kitten about it anymore.

The length of this thread suggests that people do care about it. Some of us are waiting to see the pending fix that ANet mentioned (see above) — if that fixes stuff, then great, problem solved and we'll move on. Meantime, there's little more to say on the topic other than, "hold, please" or "here's a different specific situation that might be helpful in troubleshooting."

Fair enough. I'm hoping that it does get fixed before I run into the issue myself ;)

Oh yeah. Even the Krait Witch counts: one day, she happened to be the 10th krait I killed, and completed the Blood In The Water achievement.

• @SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

@ZeroNova.7902 said:

For everyone else, you would do this to get through the quest:

1. Visit the person in Lion's Arch, get the first free key.
    2. Complete the daily and get the key.
    3. Extremely rarely get an extra drop from anything at all in the game that you kill.

Just to be sure: if you open your character panel, open the "daily" section, then scroll right to the bottom, down below the Domain of Istan, and the Sandswept Isles, you don't have a daily section for this?

If not, do you have any part of the Master Diver achievement completed at all?

Anyway, if you completed step one, and the daily quest is still not available to you, you should send a ticket to support. This is a different problem to the one this thread is about, and is not the bug that ANet have acknowledged and said they are working on.

Finally the daily quest appears. Coincidentally, I just hit level 80 before server resets. So I think the pre-requisite for the daily quest to appear is to be Level 80.

I just checked an alt account, with no characters at L80; the Daily in question does not show up.
    Since characters below L80 can't obtain the Swim Infusions from the chests, it is not surprising.

• alphafert.6730alphafert.6730 Member ✭✭✭

Any update on this?

Not really. You can watch the Known Issue Tracker, if desired. The fix won't come until the next patch/release, though.

Good luck.

Risen Krait don't count for the achievement. Every other krait I've killed counts.

For those doing Tequatl the event to protect the generators that spawns every fifteen minutes makes a ten kill super easy.

Besides the official statement(s) in this thread, and elsewhere, you can keep an eye on the Known Issue Tracker (which is pretty official).

Good luck.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Besides the official statement(s) in this thread, and elsewhere, you can keep an eye on the Known Issue Tracker (which is pretty official).

Good luck.

Where can we find that?

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Good luck.

Where can we find that?

Sticky above.

Good luck.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Good luck.

Where can we find that?

Sticky above.

Good luck.

By "above", do you mean on a previous page? I don't see a sticky on this page.

• Ray Koopa.2354Ray Koopa.2354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2018

@Daddicus.6128 You can find it here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker . It's currently listed as "Achievements: Players may be unable to open chests again after repeating the Master Driver achievement" and the status "Verifying" ("means we think we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works.").

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Good luck.

Where can we find that?

Sticky above.

Good luck.

By "above", do you mean on a previous page? I don't see a sticky on this page.

I mean front page, where all Stickies are located for each sub-forum.

Found it. Thanks!

• Speedy.2579Speedy.2579 Member ✭✭

I'm up to stacks of 16 of the keys now, on multiple accounts... I'm using the Captain's Airship Pass and gliding over to the quaggan Mellaggan Shrine, perhaps mining a little iron along the way. Or if it's convenient in world versus world, sometimes I kill ten of the krait there, on the Eternal Battlegrounds next to the hylek village. I wish they respawned all the time, rather than their area being unoccupied for part of the cycle...

It would be helpful if, when the devs manage to sort their mistake out, we can use all our stack of keys at one chest!

• @Speedy.2579 said:
    I'm up to stacks of 16 of the keys now, on multiple accounts... I'm using the Captain's Airship Pass and gliding over to the quaggan Mellaggan Shrine, perhaps mining a little iron along the way. Or if it's convenient in world versus world, sometimes I kill ten of the krait there, on the Eternal Battlegrounds next to the hylek village. I wish they respawned all the time, rather than their area being unoccupied for part of the cycle...

It would be helpful if, when the devs manage to sort their mistake out, we can use all our stack of keys at one chest!

You don't want to use all your keys at one chest. The achievement for opening all chests is repeatable, and you get 5 +10 swim speed infusions each time you complete the achievement.

• I’m up to 21 Keys in my char’s hot little hands, waiting to open chests. I guess keep fingers crossed for this Tuesday.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

No news? Can we expect to see the fix in this Tuesday's patch?

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @Zaraki.5784 said:

Sure would be nice!

• Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭

Those talking about how to farm krait, why not just camp one of the chest locations? I've been in the same spot for nearly 3 weeks, since the chests have been bugged and the veterans spawn really quickly. Often you get to kill 2 or 3 at a time. Normally there are at least 1 or 2 other people to speed things along.

Very tempted to just keep farming keys even after the chest bug is fixed and wait until I have 90, then rotate around all the chests 9 times! Seems more efficient than jumping location every day.

• Looked at the date on the first post in this thread. Slowly losing hope.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2018

@Jong.5937 said:
    Those talking about how to farm krait, why not just camp one of the chest locations? I've been in the same spot for nearly 3 weeks, since the chests have been bugged and the veterans spawn really quickly. Often you get to kill 2 or 3 at a time. Normally there are at least 1 or 2 other people to speed things along.

Very tempted to just keep farming keys even after the chest bug is fixed and wait until I have 90, then rotate around all the chests 9 times! Seems more efficient than jumping location every day.

I used to do just like you, camping near a sunken chest and waiting kraits to respawn but I'm not doing that anymore.
    I have to thank the guy who said this in this thread (I'm too lazy to search his post), he said that the best method is fractal 7 (acquatic ruins), he's right, there are exactly 10 kraits by the first two cages, without waiting for them to respawn and without fearing that other players kill them before you land a hit, it's incredibly easy and fast.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it is worrysome that Anet needs so long to fix this bug. Are they really holding off with bugfixes for the next content patch now to artifically inflate the patchnotes?
    I already have 25 keys I cannot use

edited June 18, 2018

@Thurindir.3268 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

Sure would be nice!

We know from the "Known Bugs" thread that this issue is in "verification", which means they are testing the fix to ensure it works. That gives solid reason to hope it may fold into the next patch release, but no assurance.

Unfortunately, what argues against that happening is the LS4 E3 release, which is late, and is likely eating a huge amount of time as they hussle to get it out the door ASAP, and so smaller bug fixes may be pushed back until the patch following.

Personally, I'm on the "please, soon" side, as you might imagine. I'm about 50:50 in terms of expectation, though, based on experience around software release stuff, and observations of past ANet release timing.

@Snowblindness.7156 said:
    Looked at the date on the first post in this thread. Slowly losing hope.

You shouldn't: it is a confirmed bug, and ANet have a fix they are testing to make sure it works for everyone. It isn't the highest priority bug, in part because you are only delayed, not locked out, of the content. It is still being fixed, and will soon™ be released to the world, and working again.

• And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

Please nerf Paper and buff Rock. Scissors is ok as is. Signed, Rock.

• Solaris.2489Solaris.2489 Member ✭✭✭

33/90 keys atm, still about 2 months before I rage and get a forum warning.

@Solaris.2489 said:
    33/90 keys atm, still about 2 months before I rage and get a forum warning.

Why would you do something so foolish? I appreciate it might be frustrating, but in what universe will being angry enough to get a forum warning help improve the situation?

• Solaris.2489Solaris.2489 Member ✭✭✭

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:
    Why would you do something so foolish? I appreciate it might be frustrating, but in what universe will being angry enough to get a forum warning help improve the situation?

Just sarcasm, back when there were only books it was easier to recognize. Now on the Inet where everyone can just spout random text and you never know if they are trolling its more difficult. I aprove your positive answer though.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.