Next elite spec- Arcane Warrior — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Next elite spec- Arcane Warrior

with basically all the the melee weapons already used barring any new weapons being introduced, it really leaves the more magical weapons(scepter, staff, focus) left as an untouched potential(other than pistol & SB). What do you thing would be a good magical themed elite spec for the warrior? (mechanic/weapon/utilities)

Comments

  • I'm thinking something like a Battle mage with a staff for AoEs. Utilities could be maybe spirit weapons. or I guess glyphs or mantras, with adrenaline use for some sort of arcane burst.

  • Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @NorthernMoose.9617 said:
    I'm thinking something like a Battle mage with a staff for AoEs. Utilities could be maybe spirit weapons. or I guess glyphs or mantras, with adrenaline use for some sort of arcane burst.

    Seems to guardian-like. Maybe dual pistol gun slinger and an espec that would buff their pistols and the rifle. An engi kind of feel but without the toolkits, just raw firepower.

    Depression and anxiety are the worst...

  • NorthernMoose.9617NorthernMoose.9617 Member ✭✭
    edited June 16, 2018

    I feel like the whole point of elite specs should be to mix the classes with each other. Dual pistol gunslinger would just feel like mixing warrior and thief. I want something akin to a warrior mixed with a elementalist kind of. Guardian to me is more defense and damage mitigation. where as i want something more magical offensive .

  • Grave.9258Grave.9258 Member ✭✭

    @NorthernMoose.9617 said:
    I feel like the whole point of elite specs should be to mix the classes with each other. Dual pistol gunslinger would just feel like mixing warrior and thief. I want something akin to a warrior mixed with a elementalist kind of. Guardian to me is more defense and damage mitigation. where as i want something more magical offensive .

    Warrior already has something mixed with elementalist. It's called Berserker. Throwing firebolts and stuff.

    @NorthernMoose.9617 said:
    with basically all the the melee weapons already used barring any new weapons being introduced, it really leaves the more magical weapons(scepter, staff, focus) left as an untouched potential(other than pistol & SB).

    I wouldn't say that staff is pure magical weapon in this game - Daredevil. I can think of over 9000 ways Anet could introduce staff as a new elite spec weapon for warrior.
    - Staff to fight melee monk alike (I know monks in gw were supports, not shaolin like monks but we don't have to repeat everything over and over and they could bring something new)
    - Staff as ranged weapon where your auto attack is a powerful swing that releases a wave of air towards your target (I know that, it sounds meh but make some mechanics around this and it could be cool and more importantly something new instead of copy/paste from other classes. With spellbreaker we didnt even get new animations)
    - Staff as something like command tool you could use to order your minions (if Anet decides to bring elite spec based on minions. Ele has minions, guradian has minions, reve has kind of minions with renegade, mesmer has mionions, necro has minions, ranger has minions, thief has thief guild skill if I remember correctly, engi has minions. So yeah I would be happy to have elite spec for warrior based on minions.
    - Staff used as spear. When in combat the tip of your staff could be covered with magical blade so it would make it a spear. Impossible? No! While Necro is using staff skills there is a magical blade on the staff making it a scythe. http://i.imgur.com/lXj6uHF.jpg Warrior in this game is using magic (full counter, Winds of Disenchantment etc) so why not?

    Lets keep in mind that Anet probably has new elite specs concepts ready for a long time now so even if we bring something interesting it doesn't really matter :D

  • Traveller.7496Traveller.7496 Member ✭✭✭

    Staff as an AoE weapon for warrior could work nicely.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)
    that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb 😊

  • Lametoile.7394Lametoile.7394 Member ✭✭✭

    @NorthernMoose.9617 said:
    with basically all the the melee weapons already used barring any new weapons being introduced, it really leaves the more magical weapons(scepter, staff, focus) left as an untouched potential(other than pistol & SB). What do you thing would be a good magical themed elite spec for the warrior? (mechanic/weapon/utilities)

    @NorthernMoose.9617 said:
    I'm thinking something like a Battle mage with a staff for AoEs. Utilities could be maybe spirit weapons. or I guess glyphs or mantras, with adrenaline use for some sort of arcane burst.

    Funny you ask for this.

    It just so happen i have a personnal take for it:

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/34937/elite-suggestion-weapon-mage#latest

    (From a former gw1 player who played warrior and enjoyed splinter weapon).

    Not sure about balance, i didn't find something nice for the elite, neither did i found a name and on second thought, the spec mechanic should be reworked. Still, i do not dislike it.

  • @RedShark.9548 said:
    give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)
    that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb 😊

    Annnddd, Anet already has something started for a magical great axe...sorta...
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Executioner_Axe_Toy

    It could be fun.

    #nornmodeisbestmode

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:
    give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)
    that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb 😊

    Annnddd, Anet already has something started for a magical great axe...sorta...
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Executioner_Axe_Toy

    It could be fun.

    yea but that is old as hell and not very likely to be a hint for what is coming

  • @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:
    give him staff and with some magic (just like necro manifests a scythe blade on it) manifest a greataxe blade onto it that hits like a greataxe, big swings (aoe with good range) big hits and some cc, like a hook (sweep the blade or a hook on the back of the axehead behind their feet and pull them close to you)
    that would be all the magic id add to warrior :^) you can add some magical utility skills if you want, dont rly care, ideally something like boonrip from sb 😊

    Annnddd, Anet already has something started for a magical great axe...sorta...
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Executioner_Axe_Toy

    It could be fun.

    yea but that is old as hell and not very likely to be a hint for what is coming

    I know it's not a hint, but it still could be fun and it's just an idea for how they could do a magical greataxe.

    #nornmodeisbestmode

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Personally I want staff as a weapon with an adrenal scythe blade (similar to necro staff) that is used for mid range AoE cleave attacks similar to dervishes in gw1.
    Its class mechanic should be something that buffs allies and be somewhat supportish to fill the last missing e spec role.

  • Grave.9258Grave.9258 Member ✭✭

    Its class mechanic should be something that buffs allies and be somewhat supportish to fill the last missing e spec role.

    The thing is berserker and spellbreaker are supports in the end. Bringing banners, boon stripping and a bit of dps. Personalny would love to see pure dps spec.

  • I want off-hand pistol, a-la original Rytlock

  • TheSwede.9512TheSwede.9512 Member ✭✭✭

    @Grave.9258 said:

    Its class mechanic should be something that buffs allies and be somewhat supportish to fill the last missing e spec role.

    The thing is berserker and spellbreaker are supports in the end. Bringing banners, boon stripping and a bit of dps. Personalny would love to see pure dps spec.

    Hate to break it to you, but Warrior will always be bringing banners and Empower Allies in organized PvE content. Granting +270 Power and +170 Condi/Prec/Fero to the entire squad is always gonna be more useful than a personal DPS increases.

    Berserker and Spellbreaker both have DPS builds for high-end PvE content that push out quite a lot of DPS (In fact, in the current state they're technically the best in a vacuum, with Berserker DPS hitting 41k on Large hitboxes and Spellbreaker DPS hitting 36k on small hitboxes). It's just that despite this fact, it's much more valuable to bring Banners + Empower Allies over the personal increase in DPS (Bannerslave still manages a respectable 30k).

    The Supportive portions are integral to Core Warrior, and no Elite Spec is really going to change that to any greater extent unless the Support of a Core Warrior is nerfed down.

  • Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    warriors, would get traps or kits way before something like arcane.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Warlord.9074 said:
    warriors, would get traps or kits way before something like arcane.

    hell yea, finally we too get a way to stealth with trapper rune pogchamp

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2018

    @Traveller.7496 said:
    Staff as an AoE weapon for warrior could work nicely.

    New elementalist????

    Game is so overburdened with aoe spambility, how would aoe warrior staff work? Since they will add more necro aoe spam that will need to be stronger to players have the feel and need to want to next gimmick.

    @Lord Krilik.3692 said:
    I want off-hand pistol, a-la original Rytlock

    Imo this makes more sense, like a Gunslinger, desesperado would be the elite a mass "close" 320 range aoe burst that would even destroy projectiles with X% damage boost based on vit and power xD
    Player atacking Gunlinger at melee while casting desesperado and if he has stability, would be KB and suffer a extra 100% critical hit.
    Kits would be interesting , one would be to swap ammo type, piercing, explosive, etc, simimliar to ranger preparations on Gw1.

  • Traveller.7496Traveller.7496 Member ✭✭✭

    Area denial, PbAoE style?

  • I'd like to see something that could use a one-handed ranged weapon (probably pistol) so that we could take advantage of dual-wielding while ranged.

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'd love to see a true support spec with actual healing. Staff + arcane utilities like elementalist could be really cool!

  • Loading.4503Loading.4503 Member ✭✭✭

    I can see dual scepters, you use them like giant chopsticks

    Inmagine picking up a mesmer and making him shoot out clones for you

  • Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

    Considering how lazy the theme of the current 2 e-specs is I wouldnt get my hopes up

  • Here's a real spec: Weaponmaster (3 weapon swaps)

    Would be still balanced cause Warrior won't have full counter anymore and they don't spam evades while attacking, and all of their attacks are telegraphed.

    Too bad ANET is too dumb to make this work.

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    i don't really see how they can make an arcane warrior that wouldn't just be a warr that uses ele magic

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • Please don't. Warrior is already "magical" as it is with berserker and spellbreaker.
    I'd like to see a return to the basics with the next elite spec, something that'll bring back the feel of the warrior from 4 years ago.

  • Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This thread... heresy!

    We’re not Guardians.

    We’re not Elementalists.

    We’re Warriors!

    We’ve got two DPS specializations already, so what’s left is pretty much a support one, true. But it shouldn’t be “magic”. It should be themed around battlefield command and the like. Expand/improve on our already supportive abilities like Banners and Shouts (even add an entirely new supportive mechanic as long as it remains properly Warriorish in theme).

    Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

  • kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭

    Do we really need another e-spec that even further destroys identity of professions in this game? Don't get me wrong, but I really don't want warrior, revenant and guardian to be basically the same with some nuanced difference.

    Reaper, weaver, guardian, spellbeaker, revenant, soulbeast and mesmer are basically "war mage" classes. Do we really need another one? I say no

    Warrior should get a "commander" like spec. One in which you call forth your soldiers and command them to fight with you. Something borrowing mechanic elements from ranger pets and spirits or necromancer's minions.