[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

@Chive.3875 said:

@Chive.3875 said:You'd think all that money rolling in from the gem store would go to hiring more reps.

Which is exactly what they've done. Of course, they don't come pre-familiar with the GW2 CS Team practices and policies.

Do you have a source for this? They sure could have fooled me. Going on 12 days without so much as an acknowledgement that my ticket has even been received.

Sure; Dev response in this very thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/529114/#Comment_529114 as well as on Reddit, I believe.

Good luck.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took mine 17 days but was answered very nicely and done - was a guild TAG change so low priority - but got direct contact. Person was NOT over seas. Clearly CS needs more peeps and I hope issues get prioritized properly account issues/pw resets etc. should be top. So I knew it'd be a while for my issue. PATIENCE - check the thread above if your ticket got an email response indicating it was received; it's gonna get answered just a matter of some time :)

Hello I have posted to this thread a few days ago. I understand that it takes a long time for a ticket to be addressed. But I just want to make sure that I submitted my ticket correctly and that it HAS been seen by a representative. I know no other way to make this issue known than here so I apologize if I shouldn't post this here but I'm going to anyway. My Ticket #6940992, if Gaile Gray or someone else can see if I submitted correctly I would appreciate it.

Thank You.

Hi there, I'm not here to bash customer service or anything but I am curious as to their average response times. I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a response and it was a fairly simple matter of clarification on how items come and go in the gem store. I may have been blessed with luck in the past but I've never once had to wait 2 weeks for a reply from customer service on any game.

Is it perhaps better to just ask clarification questions to the community in the forums? Still that would seem unfortunate because when someone wants definitive information on a game you should feel confident to be able to rely on the promptness and integrity of the games customer service representatives.

Heyo, so 18 days later not a single response even though I emailed requesting an update twice for ticket #6931674. I can't even log into the game how much longer do I have to wait for a response? I am getting no updates through the support email for my ticket .... this is borderline comical

Hey, my friend decided to try out the game and after playing for around 30 minutes we both went to bed. When he tried to log on the following afternoon he was banned for real world gold trading. Since he barely finished the Charr starting zone after creating his character(twice) we assume he got hacked. It has been about 11 days and support has not gotten back to him. He would like to know since his account was new and falsely flagged, can he just make a new account? Or would this be considered "ban evasion" even though it is a false flag? Thank you.

@"Testarossa.8740" said:Hey, my friend decided to try out the game and after playing for around 30 minutes we both went to bed. When he tried to log on the following afternoon he was banned for real world gold trading. Since he barely finished the Charr starting zone after creating his character(twice) we assume he got hacked. It has been about 11 days and support has not gotten back to him. He would like to know since his account was new and falsely flagged, can he just make a new account? Or would this be considered "ban evasion" even though it is a false flag? Thank you.

A player can make as many Play4Free, or paid accounts as they wish. Do be aware: it is not possible to merge accounts.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Testarossa.8740" said:Hey, my friend decided to try out the game and after playing for around 30 minutes we both went to bed. When he tried to log on the following afternoon he was banned for real world gold trading. Since he barely finished the Charr starting zone after creating his character(twice) we assume he got hacked. It has been about 11 days and support has not gotten back to him. He would like to know since his account was new and falsely flagged, can he just make a new account? Or would this be considered "ban evasion" even though it is a false flag? Thank you.

A player can make as many Play4Free, or paid accounts as they wish. Do be aware: it is not possible to merge accounts.

Good luck.

I'm not sure this answers the question I asked. Is my friend liable to get banned on this new account under pretense of "ban evasion" even though he did not actually do anything to earn the ban? This answer you provided doesn't address this concern at all.

@ObscureTalent.2197 said:I made a ticket 20 days ago , updated it a week ago and still got no response from Anet ... is this common? Has anyone else encountered a similar wait time and what was the result?

Yeah. I was in the same boat. I think it took about 16 days for me personally though - so didn't quite get as bad. These wait times have been going on for the last 3 months. And the average wait time is rising instead of declining. Try to keep your chin up. Although new story dropping next week, so that'll be fun to add to the chaos. Anet might want to try actually figuring out the problem soon.

Was just trying to see if there was still a backlog of tickets as I was concerned that mine may have slipped through the cracks but it looks like this is still an issue from the posts here. 15 days in so far but at least not as long as some others have waited. A quick acknowledgment of the ticket after a certain amount of time would go a long way to putting people at ease.

@"Malpractice.7850" said:So its been 13 days since i put in a support ticket.

is this actually reasonable for a company?

What would you like for them to do? Given that they goofed on not having enough depth of support to handle sudden interest... they are hiring more staff and changing some policies to streamline their processing time. The only other thing they could do is spend less time on each ticket, which means: saying no more often, making more mistakes, and/or being less helpful in other ways.

If we grant that increasing the size of the team is the way to go, then we have to accept that takes 3-6 months for us players to notice. (Hiring the right people isn't easy, especially for the typical salary of support teams. Plus they have to be trained, and observed/mentored. And then not every hire will work out. Some will leave, some won't be good etc.)

tl;dr the amount of time we're waiting is clearly below most reasonable people's definition of "timely." But there's not all that much that ANet can do in the short term to fix it.

It used to be that there was a thread on the forums for tickets that hadn't been responded to in over 3 days. I can't seem to find it, to post on my friends' behalf. Is it gone? Is there a new thing you're supposed to do? Apparently his ticket is about a week old. I have his ticket number, but he does not have access to the forums.

They seemed to be backlogged badly. I had a ticket with no response for 8 days, would probably have been longer, but I posted a 'never mind' message. (It was a 'please fix my screw-up' request, and I eventually decided to stick with the mistake I made.)

Maybe they are prioritizing tickets, and my 'please fix my stupid mistake' request got dumped on the bottom.

@katubug.6378 said:I'm going to assume the thread is gone (temporarily?) because of the backlog.

The thread was removed long before the migration to the new forums. It saw little activity after Gaile moved to a new job.You could say this is the new thread, but posting on the forums, Ticket number or no, would have not affect a ticket's resolution.Tickets are running anywhere from 1 day to 2 or 3 weeks due to high volume.

Good luck.