Unable to login on support website.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you want to submit a ticket, you can do so using the 'Anonymous' feature.If you have ever changed the email associated with your game account, you will need to contact the CS Team to have the log-in issue fixed.You can try removing any adblockers and/or tracking disablers, etc. on the page.

Good luck.

Yeah, tried that, even with Chrome, Edge and Explorer, still the same, which is weird as my other account logins fine without issues, be it incognito mode or not :\

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Some Anti-virus programs include options to disable tracking, etc. Did you look at those?Again, if you have ever changed the email associated with your account, you will need CS Team assistance.

Good luck.

Nope, only Windows 10 WinDefender, also didn't change mail.I sent in a ticket, but could only do it anonymously, hopefully they'll reply soon.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Andrea.8032 said:Hello, i am unable to login on support website with this account.

Any particular add-on you are using with each installed browser on your system? Maybe one provided with the antivirus you are using?

Nope, other browsers results in the same issue, even on my smartphone, i am able to login on these pages without any issue with my other account, so i guess something broke there :\

My wife had this happen recently with her Chrome browser and the Guild Wars 2 websites. It has to do with a corruption of cookies; it being expired but not having expired and the website trying to refresh said cookie but being unable to - something like that. You can get stuck into a login or logout loop. My wife got stuck in a logout loop, where it constantly would redirect itself to the logout page; changing only the ?token= in the url. The fix for this (on Chrome at least) is to completely close all tabs then the browser. Start Chrome fresh, open settings, and clear ALL cookies for all times (unless you know where and how to specifically just remove ArenaNet's cookies - then just remove theirs.) Once the cookie(s) have been cleared, restart your browser, and then you should be fixed. It really should be the same cause, symptoms, and fix for others browsers too - not just Chrome. It seems this started happening to people when the EU privacy stuff when into effect; perhaps something was changed.

Edit: Also, when she was stuck logged-in (and thus causing the need to logout) she couldn't post on the forums or interact with or do anything on any page without receiving an error from the website stating "Invalid CRF Token." Clearing the cookies and relogging in fixed it.

@"Bandlero.6312" said:My wife had this happen recently with her Chrome browser and the Guild Wars 2 websites. It has to do with a corruption of cookies; it being expired but not having expired and the website trying to refresh said cookie but being unable to - something like that. You can get stuck into a login or logout loop. My wife got stuck in a logout loop, where it constantly would redirect itself to the logout page; changing only the ?token= in the url. The fix for this (on Chrome at least) is to completely close all tabs then the browser. Start Chrome fresh, open settings, and clear ALL cookies for all times (unless you know where and how to specifically just remove ArenaNet's cookies - then just remove theirs.) Once the cookie(s) have been cleared, restart your browser, and then you should be fixed. It really should be the same cause, symptoms, and fix for others browsers too - not just Chrome. It seems this started happening to people when the EU privacy stuff when into effect; perhaps something was changed.

Edit: Also, when she was stuck logged-in (and thus causing the need to logout) she couldn't post on the forums or interact with or do anything on any page without receiving an error from the website stating "Invalid CRF Token." Clearing the cookies and relogging in fixed it.

Tried that already, even on incognito mode doesn't lets me login there, simply sends me back to main page asking to login.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Andrea.8032" said:Hello, i am unable to login on support website with this account.

It simply keep going on "login loop", happens with every browser.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a3yMNcZmSQ

It's been happening few ago, but i tought it was just a temporary issue, now i see it's still there :\

I'll pass this along to our Web experts!

FWIW, everyone, including @Gaile Gray.6029, I had a similar problem at one point where I got a login loop between forums and anet.

Clearing cookies on every domain involved in the loop (including arena.net) and logging in again resolved it for me; I understand that this is not applicable to the case where support have changed the email address associated with an account, as we were told that requires action from support, but it may be applicable in some of these cases.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey there! It looks like you've encountered the infamous login loop. This is just a little glitch we sometimes encounter with users who have had the email address on their account changed in the past. We're trying to figure out exactly why this happens and a fix that will stop it from happening in the future, but for now we see these once in a while.

If SlippyCheeze's instructions for clearing your cookies above doesn't solve the issue for you, please submit a ticket anonymously (the link to do so should be made available to you if you are not logged in and click the "Submit A Ticket" button on the support site, as seen in the attached image.)

Luckily, the fix is quick and simple on our end, so just be sure to submit an anonymous ticket and we'll get to you ASAP! :smile:

a37a0160b5e75a0b400139032b2814d8.png

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Andrea.8032" said:Hello, i am unable to login on support website with this account.

It simply keep going on "login loop", happens with every browser.

It's been happening few ago, but i tought it was just a temporary issue, now i see it's still there :\

Thanks ! Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out.

@"GM Magister.8736" said:Hey there! It looks like you've encountered the infamous login loop. This is just a little glitch we sometimes encounter with users who have had the email address on their account changed in the past. We're trying to figure out exactly why this happens and a fix that will stop it from happening in the future, but for now we see these once in a while.

If SlippyCheeze's instructions for clearing your cookies above doesn't solve the issue for you, please submit a ticket anonymously (the link to do so should be made available to you if you are not logged in and click the "Submit A Ticket" button on the support site, as seen in the attached image.)

Luckily, the fix is quick and simple on our end, so just be sure to submit an anonymous ticket and we'll get to you ASAP! :smile:

No luck, that doesn't works (Cleared cache and cookies, incognito mode, different browsers), i've sent in a ticket via anonymous feature.

@Andrea.8032 said:

@Andrea.8032 said:Hello, i am unable to login on support website with this account.

@"GM Magister.8736" said:Hey there! It looks like you've encountered the infamous login loop. This is just a little glitch we sometimes encounter with users who have had the email address on their account changed in the past. We're trying to figure out exactly why this happens and a fix that will stop it from happening in the future, but for now we see these once in a while.

No luck, that doesn't works (Cleared cache and cookies, incognito mode, different browsers), i've sent in a ticket via anonymous feature.

I know you've already submitted your ticket but, another thought would be trying another computer/mobile phone since cache/cookies/incognito hasn't seemed to work.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I know you've already submitted your ticket but, another thought would be trying another computer/mobile phone since cache/cookies/incognito hasn't seemed to work.

Already tried that with smartphone, no luck.

@Andrea.8032 said:

I'd say definitely an account issue if it does the same thing on a completely different device. One more thought with the phone were you on your wifi? If you have mobile data maybe try using that (it'd be a different ISP).Edit: I guess I missed where you already said you tried your phone.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@GM Magister.8736 said:Hey there! It looks like you've encountered the infamous login loop. This is just a little glitch we sometimes encounter with users who have had the email address on their account changed in the past. We're trying to figure out exactly why this happens and a fix that will stop it from happening in the future, but for now we see these once in a while.

I'd say definitely an account issue if it does the same thing on a completely different device. One more thought with the phone were you on your wifi? If you have mobile data maybe try using that (it'd be a different ISP).Edit: I guess I missed where you already said you tried your phone.

Yep, it was indeed an account issue, @GM Magister.8736 helping me out with it ! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I found a solution for my system, it was the wrong date, that do not match with the current world wide date. Open the windows date/clock and manually fix it solve the issue for me and other SSL websites now open correctly too, no more infinite loop at log-in.A lot of people do not care about such trivial thing like pc date but some website that use SSL need the correct timezone to work properly.

This solve the loop log-in i had, hopefully it work for someone else too.

ps: I do not use automatic internet syncronization about date and clock, infact i disable the windows time service entirely, i prefer enter it manually and store it into the bios cmos, just remember to to edit it correctly otherwise some SSL websites fail to load.

Also experiencing this issue, along with people here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/hfa2uy/is_the_support_website_not_working_for_anyone_else/

@Miporin.3529 said:

Hello, I found a solution for my system, it was the wrong date, that do not match with the current world wide date. Open the windows date/clock and manually fix it solve the issue for me and other SSL websites now open correctly too, no more infinite loop at log-in.A lot of people do not care about such trivial thing like pc date but some website that use SSL need the correct timezone to work properly.

This solve the loop log-in i had, hopefully it work for someone else too.

ps: I do not use automatic internet syncronization about date and clock, infact i disable the windows time service entirely, i prefer enter it manually and store it into the bios cmos, just remember to to edit it correctly otherwise some SSL websites fail to load.

What specifically did you change to work around it not working?

• 1 year later...

I have this issue again and it's extremely frustrating, why can't the support tab just be part of the main window you see when you log in? 

It's the ONLY part that has this issue, i can switch to any other part of the site without logging out no issues but soon as i try to hit support BAM "logged out", funnily enough i can just click the forum tab while being "logged out" on the support tab and wouldn't you know i am still logged in.

Is this some sort of attempt to dissuade people from making tickets?

Edited by Healy.9537

• 7 months later...
On 6/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, GM Magister.8736 said:

Hey there! It looks like you've encountered the infamous login loop. This is just a little glitch we sometimes encounter with users who have had the email address on their account changed in the past. We're trying to figure out exactly why this happens and a fix that will stop it from happening in the future, but for now we see these once in a while.

Luckily, the fix is quick and simple on our end, so just be sure to submit an anonymous ticket and we'll get to you ASAP! 😄

https://i.gyazo.com/a37a0160b5e75a0b400139032b2814d8.png

There is no such thing as "submit your ticket anonymously".