Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Why would you do something so foolish? I appreciate it might be frustrating, but in what universe will being angry enough to get a forum warning help improve the situation?

Just sarcasm, back when there were only books it was easier to recognize. Now on the Inet where everyone can just spout random text and you never know if they are trolling its more difficult. I aprove your positive answer though.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372 said:And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

I was wondering the same, I would have bet on it raising instead.....economics is not my (our) thing apparently.(That's why I'll never make big money playing on tp :/ )

Probably people have just given up on the idea altogether. It seems like it was a flash in the pan that will never be fixed so why invest in it? Clearly it's not meant to be important to the game, or they'd be on it more.

@Biff.5312 said:Probably people have just given up on the idea altogether. It seems like it was a flash in the pan that will never be fixed so why invest in it? Clearly it's not meant to be important to the game, or they'd be on it more.

You're likely right, but when it appeared it made me wonder whether future LS installments may focus on underwater content and this swim speed boost was added to help that.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:We don't even know if Chests are limited to once per day; only that Chests are limited to once per cycle of 10. I don't think anyone had 11+ Keys stored up before the bug hit to test it.

I did. I saved 10 keys.. never used any and was able to turn in all 10. Did the same for 2nd time around with 10 keys. on 3rd time around I could only hand in 2. So definitely bugged.

We know it's bugged because the Devs have stated it is so.Opening a full cycle of chests in one day has not really anything to do with whether one can loot a particular chest more than once per day.

Well gonna find out once it's fixed. Have over 20 keys saved up already.

@Ask the Nomad.6932 said:

@"ZeroNova.7902" said:Not sure if this is related but, I do not receive the "Blood in the Water" daily even after server reset. I got my first free key from Dive Master Asotra in Lion's Arch and then proceed to killing 10 kraits, still no key or any daily popup completed.

Has this happened to anyone?

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Undead Krait from Zaitan don't count. Nor do Scarletts undead Krait.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372 said:And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

I was wondering the same, I would have bet on it raising instead.....economics is not my (our) thing apparently.(That's why I'll never make big money playing on tp :/ )

Eh, it's pretty much the natural curve: the biggest draw of the infusions in collecting the 512 or whatever to purchase the fancy underwater bubble head skin. Prices were high because you could trade in-game gold for time to obtain it, by purchasing infusions from people who were more patient. I sold all the infusions I got specifically because of that: after that rush the prices would always drop -- almost every new item behaves that way -- and I could probably buy back as many as I sold and still have come out ahead on profit.

In general, unless there is an obvious long term place for players to spend, prices will always be very high at first, drop down once the things are obtained, and then stabilize out somewhat higher than the initial minimum because people stop farming them, reducing supply and so raising prices, until we get to the point that doing a daily key and chest run is cost-effective, but no more than the minimum.

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:

I noticed that there were some krait that didn't count for me... Not sure if this is the same as what you've experienced. But I have just been going to where the Krait Witch spawns in Kessex to farm Krait there and it started working more consistently for me. Not sure why it didn't count all krait but it works at the Krait Witch.

Risen Krait don't count for the achievement. Every other krait I've killed counts.

For those doing Tequatl the event to protect the generators that spawns every fifteen minutes makes a ten kill super easy.

A Krait near the nearby northern generator I killed didn't count, I presumed it had spawned for the Teq. event which was going at the time even though the event wasn't in the 'defend the generators' phase .. the krait which attack the Asura outpost nearby always do count.

@Biff.5312 said:

@"BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372" said:And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

Probably people have just given up on the idea altogether. It seems like it was a flash in the pan that will never be fixed so why invest in it? Clearly it's not meant to be important to the game, or they'd be on it more.

The current rumor I've heard is that these will stand in for mounts underwater for the next map (which is supposedly ALL under water), so I suspect their necessity will be much higher than most people might be thinking. This also explains the sudden (and FIVE YEARS LATE!) "fix" to underwater battle. Before, it wasn't THAT relevant to game play, even if it was very uneven in how powerful it was with respect to land-based skills. If the rumors are true, it's likely to become VERY relevant to game play, at least in the expansions. (In an aside, I wonder if the randomness of the bug with the Dive Master achievement is tied to the underwater skill updates they did?)

It's POSSIBLE they've decided to abandon the achievement because of an intractable, and unpredictable, bug in the implementation and go with underwater mounts (or maybe just random underwater drops with achievement points assigned for X number of those drops) but it seems to me unless implementing that is easier than dealing with the bug, they're probably just waiting until they're sure they have a fix for the bug (a couple of the updates, from what I gathered, were directed toward fixing that bug, and didn't), they'll wait until the new chapter is out, which should be in like a week (June 26th, according to the wiki (Called "Long Live the Litch").

Personally, I like the achievement as is and hope it's fixed, but if underwater battle is going to be a bigger thing than it currently is, and speed underwater is to be improved without mounts, it'd be great to have a way to obtain the infusions through play fixed so the players can be better prepared for it. If they're waiting for the new chapter to come out to release the fix, a word or three about that would be nice, too.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

A Krait near the nearby northern generator I killed didn't count, I presumed it had spawned for the Teq. event which was going at the time even though the event wasn't in the 'defend the generators' phase .. the krait which attack the Asura outpost nearby always do count.

I didn't mean the Tequatl phase of defend the batteries. The Asuran outpost has an event Defend the Generators where for five minutes the krait attack the outpost, it happens every fifteen minutes and those krait count. The krait by the northern battery are risen, where as the ones by the battery closest to the outpost are normal krait that do count for Blood in the Water.

I suspect that prices have dropped/stabilized because now that the mechanics of how the Swim infusions work have been figured out, it's simply not worth it to go for any infusion higher than +15. The Swim speed bonus is capped at 40%, including any other speed boosts you might have, so if you have a Swiftness or a +25% speed boost from any other source, you're already maxed out on swim speed and going any higher via the infusions is just a colossal waste of money. (In effect, they're similar to things like +20 Agony infusions, something solely for insanely rich players to sink their gold into as stores of wealth or as bragging displays.)

Not to mention that it's still entirely feasible that ANet will release an underwater mount one day (a possibility strengthened by the fact that we're now getting a 6th mount in LS4C3), which might make swim infusions largely redundant in most scenarios.

So, with those factors in mind, coupled with the fact that it's possible to get the bubble helm skin directly as a rare drop from the Sunken chests, that does put quite a damper on direct demand for the infusions.

@Countess Aire.9410 said:Chests are not resetting for at all. Spent a gold jumping to every chest. They are still open been that way for a week. If you are going to put equipment behind events collection at least make sure the events is fully functional. Sitting on 18 keys so far and the chests are not resetting. Love the game, but hate this event idea. To expensive and bugged to boot. ANET you can do so much better than this.

Park a character at one of the chests and check it once a day. I have a character parked in Timberline Falls to kill krait at the tower. When they fix the bug I'll park a character at each chest so I can quickly finish off my keys without speeding silver on the jumps. I find shortcuts to avoid using WPs anyway.

Sounds like a serious "charpark". My 20 chars are all parked at a flax field. I dont even think of the few silvercoins i spend using a WP. Chop a tree, catch a bunny and sell it to an ogre. You will quickly have the small change back you spend on using WPs. Maybe youre one of the fellow adventurers still running around naked because you are still afraid it can cost a coin. (no offense - just joking)

Opening the chests (if possible again) wont take so much time doing it with just your main charcter.

@mathion.8549 said:

@"BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372" said:And meanwhile the price for swim speed infusions is 20s lower than it was when I encountered the bug the first time... :/

The current rumor I've heard is that these will stand in for mounts underwater for the next map (which is supposedly ALL under water)

Well, the new trailer is pretty solidly disagreeing with that, what with all that sand, and dry ground, and stuff.

Honestly, though, I don't think anything has changed since the devs explained why Lake Doric is mostly dry: underwater combat is cool, but it isn't popular, and it has a number of uncomfortable limitations that mean it probably will never be popular, compared to other content. Notably, the 3D positioning is actually quite uncomfortable, and makes it very hard on players.

None of this means that individual players don't like it, just that over the entire population of players, not many people do. The developers are, I think, highly unlikely to have changed their view that the above means the best strategy is to keep underwater as "a little something on the side" rather than a core focus.

ya this is redickuless that its takeing so long to fix this issue and yet we have zero word on when this is going to get fixed. as far as games go this is unsatisfacroy for any game to leave a big issue like this with no comunication on if they are going to fix this soon or if its on the lower priority fix list. as a rule of thum if you get a bug in a game i would exspect a fix no longer then 2 week. the reason i say 2 weeks is becouse you start lossing players after 2 weeks with no coms on the issue of the bug in question. ples fix this

@Belishine.7493 said:ya this is redickuless that its takeing so long to fix this issue and yet we have zero word on when this is going to get fixed. as far as games go this is unsatisfacroy for any game to leave a big issue like this with no comunication on if they are going to fix this soon or if its on the lower priority fix list. as a rule of thum if you get a bug in a game i would exspect a fix no longer then 2 week. the reason i say 2 weeks is becouse you start lossing players after 2 weeks with no coms on the issue of the bug in question. ples fix this

There is communication about it on the known issues page. They are currently investigating. Considering a new Living Story episode is coming out next Tuesday, it's probably low priority in comparison. :P

@"Lusteregris.2697" said:So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

It's neither urgent nor particularly important. It's just annoying since there's been so little "new" stuff to do besides this. Hotfixes are expensive and are generally reserved for game-breaking issues.

I agree this is pretty much a non-issue at this point. The bug has been identified, the fix is on the way, and we're not losing anything in the meantime since we can still collect keys. It could be argued that those affected are losing some potential tp profit, esp if the price of infusions crashes once all the bugged players can suddenly use all their stored keys but the price has been fairly stable during the bugged period so I'm not sure that will happen. Also, there are plenty of ways to make money in the meantime, so nbd . . .

But I'm not sure you can say this hasn't been interesting. If you read back through the thread from the beginning it's fascinating to watch how player responses developed and when and how anet communications did and didn't affect those responses. Besides, this thread has ten times the views of the next most viewed thread on the first page of the bug forum, despite the fact that the next most viewed thread -- storyline disconnects -- actually is game-breaking. So someone is finding it pretty interesting :)

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:

I didn't mean the Tequatl phase of defend the batteries. The Asuran outpost has an event Defend the Generators where for five minutes the krait attack the outpost, it happens every fifteen minutes and those krait count. The krait by the northern battery are risen, where as the ones by the battery closest to the outpost are normal krait that do count for Blood in the Water.

I realised you were referring to the attack on the Asura outpost, I wa simply observing that krait for one event (that one) count but krait for another event (Tequatl) don't seem to (and yes, I should have used the word 'battery' for this location) .. however, I admit I didn't check if it's a 'risen krait' or not, you're clearly correct that it is.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Lusteregris.2697" said:So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

It's neither urgent nor particularly important. It's just annoying since there's been so little "new" stuff to do besides this. Hotfixes are expensive and are generally reserved for game-breaking issues.

Except that if the theory that the next LS chapter is UNDERWATER then it would be highly important if that is to launch as Anet planned, with players having had the chance to get speed boosts for it.