Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@"Lusteregris.2697" said:So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

It's neither urgent nor particularly important. It's just annoying since there's been so little "new" stuff to do besides this. Hotfixes are expensive and are generally reserved for game-breaking issues.

Except that if the theory that the next LS chapter is UNDERWATER then it would be highly important if that is to launch as Anet planned, with players having had the chance to get speed boosts for it.

Did you watch the trailer? It will have an underwater part (0:39) but it's supposedly small compared to the whole map.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point being this has been brocken for a month and that is a long time for any game to have a bug untouched or not talked about. i still exspec to see bugs fixed in a timly maner witch is at max like 2 weeks. anylonger then the 2 weeks with out word on this or a hotfix for it shows that the devs dont care about seten areas of the game and are willing to leave issue fester and will make players leave becouse of it. that is why i see this needs fixed soon. in life its beater to fix the issue as it comes then to wait and push it off becouse it couses bigger issues in the long run. all i want is the game to be as good as it can be.

I've kind of lost hope that this issue will be fixed. I have been sending in some bug reports explaining the issue to ANET but nothing has seem to be fixed in this bug. After being away from the game for about a week now I came back on to see if anything has changed, and they still haven't fixed the issue. I sent in one last bug report and now I'm going to take a HUGE break from this game. Maybe it will be fixed when they release the next story? Maybe not. We shall see.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@"Lusteregris.2697" said:So the bug is still there btw. Hm, one would think that after a month such things would get hotfixed.

It's neither urgent nor particularly important. It's just annoying since there's been so little "new" stuff to do besides this. Hotfixes are expensive and are generally reserved for game-breaking issues.

Except that if the theory that the next LS chapter is UNDERWATER then it would be highly important if that is to launch as Anet planned, with players having had the chance to get speed boosts for it.

Did you watch the
? It will have an underwater part (0:39) but it's supposedly small compared to the whole map.

Honestly considering the time it would take to collect enough bubbles to actually get the new underwater mask I was thinking that the new expansion they will most likely be building has more of an underwater theme.They may have updated the underwater fighting to get more people to explore the water, but is there not an underwater dragon that we will most likely be seeing? That's my thoughts why the finally tried to update some of the underwater stuff, not just because the player base has been hating underwater combat since the launch of the game. Possibilities may include an underwater mount. But we shall still have to see.I am so pissed that this bug hasn't been fixed yet.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

Notice that the comment to which I was responding was implicitly asking for a hot fix, meaning: why wasn't it already patched. And again, because last week and today, it is not urgent nor important. There isn't any underwater content of critical importance to the game for which swim infusions matter that much. And even if it were, the price of swim infusions has dropped substantially.

The only thing that this bug gates for us is either a little gold (if we were to sell the infusions at market prices) or the ability to farm our own special breather skins. And both those things will get addressed whenever it's fixed, whether today or next year.

tl;dr it's still not urgent nor very important.(and if next Tuesday's patch changes that, we can be reasonably sure that the fix will be implemented by then)

@Zaraki.5784 said:

Did you watch the
? It will have an underwater part (0:39) but it's supposedly small compared to the whole map.

Which, for the record, is exactly what ANet said they would be doing with underwater content when they released Lake Doric, and which they have done consistently since then. So, yeah, that isn't exactly surprising.

The whole underwater skills thing was no different to any other skill balancing pass, save for the (lack of) frequency they bother.

@"Snowblindness.7156" said:Basically, I think that the frustration comes from the fact that there is a portion of players that are cut off from part of the content and all they can do is sadly watch others play it with no issue. That portion is apparently too small for Anet to bother unfortunately.

ANet have acknowledged the bug, developed a fix, and are testing it to ensure that it works correctly. This is literally the opposite of "too small ... to bother".

@Kasia.4573 said:I've kind of lost hope that this issue will be fixed. I have been sending in some bug reports explaining the issue to ANET but nothing has seem to be fixed in this bug.

That was kind of you, but completely unnecessary because, as noted, ANet have already developed a fix, and are testing it to ensure it works correctly.

@"Belishine.7493" said:my point being this has been brocken for a month and that is a long time for any game to have a bug untouched or not talked about.

ANet have talked about it: acknowledged that it is a bug, in this very thread, confirmed they have a fix and are testing it, put the information in the "known bugs" tracker so we can see that in the place they use to communicate about these things, etc.

I'm also pretty sure that "to have a bug untouched" is not the correct way to describe "we have investigated, developed a fix for, and are testing that fix" regarding a bug.

it shows that the devs dont care about seten areas of the game and are willing to leave issue fester and will make players leave becouse of it.

They are, apparently, going to lose players despite doing literally everything you have asked for, since you are talking about leaving over this. I feel that somewhat weakens your argument.

wow slippy it showing you are not fully reading what is being sead over the points. all i am saying is that the longer a bug exsistes the more peps get angre and have i higher chance of leaveing the game do to it not geting fixed. also on top of that some issue that are in the game are not touched for a year or so and then they finaly decide to fix it well now they mess it up becosue they let the bug/ issue fester for far to long and wonder what just happened. so in the contect you misinterrited on what i was stating in the first place.

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

ANet have talked about it: acknowledged that it is a bug, in this very thread, confirmed they have a fix and are testing it, put the information in the "known bugs" tracker so we can see that in the place they use to communicate about these things, etc.

Where did you get the info about "they have a fix and testing it" give us a link plz?

I just watched here https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker, and there only its saying Verifying.

@Dreamer.1952 said:

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

ANet have talked about it: acknowledged that it is a bug, in this very thread, confirmed
they have a fix and are testing it
, put the information in the "known bugs" tracker so we can see that in the place they use to communicate about these things, etc.

Where did you get the info about "
they have a fix and testing it
" give us a link plz?

I just watched here
, and there only its saying Verifying.

Bless your heart, the "Verifying" state in the Known Issue Tracker means, exactly, "We have a fix and are testing it".

If you need another source for that, for whatever reason, then this post by Gaile should sort you out.

In future, incidentally, the "ArenaNet" icon on the post takes you to their first comment, and there is an "ArenaNet >" link in the header of their posts to go to the next, where you could read the progression yourself.

I hope that helps you understand the situation, and the meaning of the Known Issue Tracker should a similar question come up in future. Have a nice day.

I'm not aggravated too much. I'm getting my daily key, and hopefully I won't be capped at using ten a day once it's fixed but even if I am I will use up the extra fairly fast. But I have stopped even bothering to go look at the chests. Once I see patch notes and forum posts saying they work again, then I'll take the time to map hop.

@Kasia.4573 said:Honestly considering the time it would take to collect enough bubbles to actually get the new underwater mask I was thinking that the new expansion they will most likely be building has more of an underwater theme.

Well you've been able to buy a mask since Bitterfrost in only 3 or so days of farming Winterberries, which is where I got mine from when I saw the absurd price of the one from the sunken chests, I'm only farming the fusions for the buff.

@Donari.5237 said:I'm not aggravated too much. I'm getting my daily key, and hopefully I won't be capped at using ten a day once it's fixed but even if I am I will use up the extra fairly fast. But I have stopped even bothering to go look at the chests. Once I see patch notes and forum posts saying they work again, then I'll take the time to map hop.

Indeed, especially the bit about not having a lockout now that many will have over two cycles worth backed up.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

ANet have talked about it: acknowledged that it is a bug, in this very thread, confirmed
they have a fix and are testing it
, put the information in the "known bugs" tracker so we can see that in the place they use to communicate about these things, etc.

Where did you get the info about "
they have a fix and testing it
" give us a link plz?

I just watched here
, and there only its saying Verifying.

Bless your heart, the "Verifying" state in the Known Issue Tracker means, exactly, "We have a fix and are testing it".

If you need another source for that, for whatever reason, then
should sort you out.

In future, incidentally, the "ArenaNet" icon on the post takes you to their first comment, and there is an "ArenaNet >" link in the header of their posts to go to the next, where you could read the progression yourself.

I hope that helps you understand the situation, and the meaning of the Known Issue Tracker should a similar question come up in future. Have a nice day.

“Verifying” means we think we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works. (Info taken from https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker)

Lots of interpretation form you Slippy.

Fail in a Master Thesis

Edit:

There is a big difference between to think and to have.

As Example:I think i have money for a ice cream - Going to the iceman but the money is not enough or if iam lucky the money is enough.On the other hand, I know I have enough money. Then I can say, I have money for ice cream - Go to the iceman and buy my ice cream.If I go further in the "thesis": I have enough money but I dont know about the price increase wich happened on the same day - Going to the iceman but the money is not enough - This is just bad luck, an unknown factor and the probability of an "price increase (unknown factor)" is pretty low.Going to the iceman is "my test"

BUT Verifying is = "... we think..." and thats why i asked for links from you.

@"Dreamer.1952" said:“Verifying” means we think we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works. (Info taken from https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker)

That phrase is grammatically incorrect whether or not it's in an 'official' post.

As a programmer I can't be testing code (aka, a 'fix') unless I have code to test! Yes, I can THINK the code I have fixes a problem but I can't THINK I have code.

Thus Slippy's "We have a fix and are testing it" is correct.

I only once opened all 10 chests before, and i wanted to go for a 2nd round today since i have gathered 10 keys. But all chests seems to be opened, while it has been 2 weeks ago since i opened all the chests the first time. If this is a bug, it's weird that it hasn't been fixed yet.

@Dustbite.3670 said:I only once opened all 10 chests before, and i wanted to go for a 2nd round today since i have gathered 10 keys. But all chests seems to be opened, while it has been 2 weeks ago since i opened all the chests the first time. If this is a bug, it's weird that it hasn't been fixed yet.

This is a bug, as ANet have confirmed. They have a fix, and are testing it to make sure it is complete and correct. We can expect it in a patch soon -- probably the next one, but there is no official commitment to that, so it may be delayed by other issues. Regardless, it is being addressed, and in the interim you can continue to collect the keys to use once it is finally fixed.

@inubasiri.8745 said:Bug is still alive afaik. I can't open any chests anymore.

Yes, it is. ANet will put mention it in the patch notes when they have confirmed the fix works, and release it.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@"Dreamer.1952" said:“Verifying” means we
think
we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works. (Info taken from
)

That phrase is grammatically incorrect whether or not it's in an 'official' post.

As a programmer I can't be testing code (aka, a 'fix') unless I have code to test! Yes, I can THINK the code I have fixes a problem but I can't THINK I have code.

That Phrase is not entirly wrong.

Like you sad, They think they have a code (fix). And they dont think a code.

But still to think the code could fix, and not, it will fix, makes Slippy and you wrong. And "could" is what the phrase is saying and thats also what the "ice cream" story telling.

Be aware, with fixes for these kinds of bugs will only be released with updates/Releases. Thus, the fix may have been ready for awhile, and just awaiting next week's Release. I don't know how many times we've read the Devs state that they have a change or a fix for a bug, but are awaiting the next Release/update to ship.

@Dreamer.1952 said:

@Dreamer.1952 said:“Verifying” means we
think
we have a fix and are testing it to make sure it works. (Info taken from
)

That Phrase is not entirly wrong.

Like you sad, They think they have a code (fix). And they dont think a code.

But still to think the code
could
fix, and not, it
will
fix, makes Slippy and you wrong. And "could" is what the phrase is saying and thats also what the "ice cream" story telling.

I was trying not to engage with this further, but honestly: to me, this seems like completely pointless hair-splitting, which only produces value if you are trying very, very hard to build a case that ANet are somehow failing in their responsibility here.

The difference between "we changed the code to fix the bug, and are making sure we didn't miss anything" and "we changed the code in a way that we think has fixed the bug, and are making sure we didn't miss anything" is pretty much academic, if you apply the most pedantic possibly interpretation, and is zero in common use.

They can't 'verify' something they don't have. There's a fix for the bug; it's being tested in as many scenarios as possible to see if it works everywhere they can think of, within reason. (It's probably out of testing, and waiting for next week's patch to be released, tbh.)I don't know why so many people get hung up on venacular. /smh