Condi mesmer — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Condi mesmer

I thought that dd dd was terrable back in the day, but condi mesmer is even worse. Dodge and apply ez 15 stacks of confusion. There is no L2P here. In plat condi mesmer are really king. They can do it so manny time that even if you have cleanes or resis and dodge all the burst they still can apply it again and agian and you don't need any skills for it. How to solve this problem is ez nerf the quanity of stacks that htey apply. Now they apply 15-25 stacks of confusion and torment in 1 seconds no class should be even allowed to come close to higher then 5 and even 5 stacks in 1 second is a bit much, if we are talking about confusion and torment. Next to the conid stacking a lot of mech are really bad designed they are fun to look at, but to play against they are juist really bad designed.

Comments

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2018

    They could just make confusion work like in every single game - chance to attack allies whenever you attack, stacks in duration instead of intensity.

    No more insta burst, classes focused on aoes will have to be more careful when confused around allies, pve condi mesmer is braindead anyways with 50% evade uptime so it shouldnt even compete with others in dps (just like thief doesnt, for the same reason) and there's nothing to balance because whole concept depends on confused enemy rather than person with confusion.

    In addition, mesmer could have some traits that affect confused enemy who's attacking its clones instead of current stealth-burst-disengage-repeat concept of the class.

  • EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This thread is useless already because you haven't detailed any specific problems other than, 'The condi stacking'. From what? What mechanics are 'badly designed? And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

  • SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:
    This thread is useless already because you haven't detailed any specific problems other than, 'The condi stacking'. From what? What mechanics are 'badly designed? And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

    Eh, you don't have to be an expect to say something is a problem, you can absolutely tell ANet that "condition stacking is a problem because it isn't fun."

    You are completely right that they fail completely to give any details on why it isn't fun for them, though. That absolutely does mean the post is of no value, because there is nothing concrete for anyone to respond to.

  • Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'll restate what was stated in other threads: The problem is the devs never asked themselves what they want Mesmers weakness as a class to be. Currently Mirage has the burst/mobility of Thief, the utility of Engineer, the invuln uptime of Warrior, and all with none of the drawbacks that any of those three classes face. If Anet wants this class to be balanced, then something has to go. You can't give a class legit everything and expect it to not break the game.

  • EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:
    This thread is useless already because you haven't detailed any specific problems other than, 'The condi stacking'. From what? What mechanics are 'badly designed? And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

    Eh, you don't have to be an expect to say something is a problem, you can absolutely tell ANet that "condition stacking is a problem because it isn't fun."

    You are completely right that they fail completely to give any details on why it isn't fun for them, though. That absolutely does mean the post is of no value, because there is nothing concrete for anyone to respond to.

    The expert position bit I said was more about the badly designed bit not condition stacking.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2018

    I think in hindsight turning Illusionary Retribution (Each shatter applies 1 Stack of Confusion) into Cry of Pain (Cry of Frustration gets 2 Additional Confusion Stacks) which was intending to be a nerf against Condi Mirage's sustained shatter damage ended up being a buff by allowing mesmers to front load ALL their condi burst onto one shatter and dunking players too easily. Oopsie daisy.

    @steki.1478 said:
    They could just make confusion work like in every single game - chance to attack allies whenever you attack, stacks in duration instead of intensity.

    No more insta burst, classes focused on aoes will have to be more careful when confused around allies, pve condi mesmer is braindead anyways with 50% evade uptime so it shouldnt even compete with others in dps (just like thief doesnt, for the same reason) and there's nothing to balance because whole concept depends on confused enemy rather than person with confusion.

    In addition, mesmer could have some traits that affect confused enemy who's attacking its clones instead of current stealth-burst-disengage-repeat concept of the class.

    Yeah, people are going to be soooooo happy when Scourges are suddenly Desert Shrouding and Ghastly Breaching their own teammates to death.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Catfish.4503Catfish.4503 Member ✭✭

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:
    And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

    I guess the fact he/she has eyes, should be enough proof of expertise for that specific matter.

  • EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Catfish.4503 said:

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:
    And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

    I guess the fact he/she has eyes, should be enough proof of expertise for that specific matter.

    Read the second post I made, it's not about the condi stacking it's poking at the 'design' complaints.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2018

    @SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:
    This thread is useless already because you haven't detailed any specific problems other than, 'The condi stacking'. From what? What mechanics are 'badly designed? And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

    Eh, you don't have to be an expect to say something is a problem, you can absolutely tell ANet that "condition stacking is a problem because it isn't fun."

    You are completely right that they fail completely to give any details on why it isn't fun for them, though. That absolutely does mean the post is of no value, because there is nothing concrete for anyone to respond to.

    Dying in game in general isn't supposed to be fun. If it's not conditions, then it's CC that isn't fun. If it's not CC then it's high power crit that's not fun. Getting damaged is not fun. That's the point of healthbars as a game mechanic. Why would you think it would be otherwise?

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:

    @Catfish.4503 said:

    @EpicTurtle.8571 said:
    And from what expert position can you make that judgement?

    I guess the fact he/she has eyes, should be enough proof of expertise for that specific matter.

    Read the second post I made, it's not about the condi stacking it's poking at the 'design' complaints.

    I think Facebook has a poke feature.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    Apologies if I come off as dry or blunt.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.