GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

Hi, I'm new to the game... and I'm quite enjoying my time. I'm very sure this idea isn't a new one at least it shouldn't be... And probably belongs more in a new expansion or a patch rather than just the Gem store. But it could easily tie right into it if done right. I know we have "player housing" and it's ok as far as MMO player housing goes, but I would like to take it in a whole different direction.

My fondest memory of player housing ever was Starwars Galaxies, you could purchase/craft a house, place it in the game and then decorate it when any number of craftable, lootable, purchaseable and earnable items. People who really got into it really went ham with it, creating all sorts of neat things like dungeons, jukeboxes with dance rooms bars etc. Yes it was a fixed layout and style but they used all the items you could get to "make things" or themes out of rooms, it was really interesting part of the game, but that got me thinking . In GW2, we have fashion wars, how about we create a whole new genre in an MMO "Crib Wars" as well?. How? you ask and yes I've given it some thought, here's how I see it playing out. You are able to "Purchase" from a selection of instanced player houses, all sorts a farm, a castle, a house in Lions Arch maybe, or perhaps a small hut with a large basement somewhere out in the world. Now what happens then? Well you can craft items for the house to place, you can buy items to place, but also... you can Earn items.. now what do I mean by earn items? it here's where I take a note from SWG again, there were certain items in the game you could only get by doing certain hidden quests or by tracking down hard to fight mobs etc, and they dropped or became trophy items you could put in your house, in particular I remember 4 creature heads you could get and display, also Armor sets you could display. You could even place vendors... some guilds/players went so far as to place a whole building and decorate it for other players to see when they came visit, it was far more interesting seeing what players could do with their imaginations than to simply have an empty room with vendors placed haphazard. That could be another thing you could do is place your vendors where you want them, where it is either convenient for you or where it makes sense to you.

have a nice mount you've gotten perhaps have that displayed when you enter your instanced map at the stables, do a quest to save a certain characters life you randomly found about the place and he becomes a butler to greet you at the door or a chef in your kitchen. So how does this tie into the Gem store I hear you ask? Furniture/fluff items like christmas trees, Chinese lanterns, statues even miniatures could all be placed where you wish them to be to create a "home" for you. Have things the way you want them.

Anyways that was my idea in my head it seems a rather lofty idea, a choice of housing you can earn, to being able to decorate as you see fit is the comer stone of creating and carving out a place in the game to call your own and really make you feel apart of the game. My apologies if this was long winded or already been suggested, I've not gone through all the ideas I just felt the need to share my own while it was fresh in my mind. But just to recap, A selection of purchasable/earnable/unlockable player housing (bragging rights for having the castle in the volcano kinda thing (just an idea)). Lootable craftable, earnable and purchasable items to place where you want them. And as a last thought, if you should want to move house to new digs all items go into a "house inventory" so you can place them at your new crib, you can't put items in there it gets packed up and placed there when you move house.

We could use some more dope looking hoods for all weights. As I have suggested once, and I'll keep on doing that, primeval dervish hood in the same way Braham's wolfblood pauldrons, pretty please. That would be a good alternative for phantom hood, which has that weird face glowing all the time (if we could at least turn it off somehow).

Glider skins:

1. hot air balloon (kinda like the chickens one)
  2. Airplane mode - where we would glide with both our arms as if we were airplane.
  3. surfboard ...it's summer. i need some beachy vibe gliders.

Mount skins:

1. Pirate themes
  2. Vampiric (more fangs, spooky but not just ghostly like the halloween ones)
  3. sabertooth tiger for jackal
  4. Dolphin skin for the stingray or a school of fish or a chariot lead by fish ....etc. Or give us a Lochness to glide on water.
  5. A pegasus or winged unicorn or one of each ... etc.
  6. Mythical theme mounts to complement the 9-tailed fox? i need a complete set.
  7. A camel for raptor. A really fast camel. Or an ostrich ?

I think it would be great to allow the Perma tools to work like outfits or minis in that they can be consumed, saved, and can be applied to each character. That said I would love to see more hairstyles, especially extra long hair for human females. Nords aren't the only ones with super hair follicles.

No idea if that was suggested before, but my idea for new item is:

• Personal waypoint: something like passkey/home instance teleport, you can set your target location, and use personal waypoint to teleport to that location multiple times again until new location is set again.

It would be useful during story, for example setting target to Omadd's Machine during LS2 story, or setting target location to Istan for fast farm teleport. Don't know if setting location should be account bound or character bound, it would be nice to set location to Istan, relog on new character without that map and use personal WP to get there, but it would also be nice to set different locations per character. Maybe dialog window with option of setting "global" location (accessible to all characters) and "personal" location (per-character) would be the solution?

@Aeonica.3768 said:I think it would be great to allow the Perma tools to work like outfits or minis in that they can be consumed, saved, and can be applied to each character. That said I would love to see more hairstyles, especially extra long hair for human females. Nords aren't the only ones with super hair follicles.

Are you asking to reskin your gathering tools? If so, they added that not too long ago.

@videoboy.4162 said:

@"Aeonica.3768" said:I think it would be great to allow the Perma tools to work like outfits or minis in that they can be consumed, saved, and can be applied to each character. That said I would love to see more hairstyles, especially extra long hair for human females. Nords aren't the only ones with super hair follicles.

Are you asking to reskin your gathering tools? If so, they added that not too long ago.

...except the reskin of the gathering tools works like transmutation, in the sense that it is specific to type (logging vs mining vs gathering) and not like outfits (all classes can wear them, no distinction between light/medium/heavy appearances) or minis (a free-for-all, used them all indiscriminately). Currently, you want to change your mining tool you must choose a mining tool skin. But let's be honest: not all tools are created equal -- and I'm NOT just referring to the fact that many purchased from the black lion don't even give you a glyph. No, what I mean is that some have a clearly better visual animation than others.

Cosmic mining tool > all other cosmicMad scientist mining > all other mad scientistTireless logging tool > all the rest of that mish-mash "group"

...and there are some that are unique -- why not be able to use that skin for all three tool types? Like:

Lucky Dog -- you gets a doggie every time!Shifting Sands -- sure, it has a mining pick, but so does the consortium harvesting sickle, and no one really caresplus all the stupid ones that make no sense and could easily just be for everything, like the jack-in-the-box, super adventure bear, name your pick..........So what I'm saying is, I want my giant undead demonic head minion to come out of the ground and eat ALL the stuff. >_>

Alright with the announcement of the Roller Beetle mount, let’s discuss skins. Obviously bring back the Black Beast of Aagh skin from Nightfall. And of course we already know you’re gonna have the one with the flame decals. But the other mounts have alternate creature skins (ie Great Lion Griffon, Avian raptor, etc) what could possibly replace a mount with such a specific shape and function requirement? CHOYA. They already roll! I can see it now: Distraught Roller Choya skin. Think about it Anet

It's summer right now, so can we get some swim suit outfits or summer wear?Other games have some sort of summer wear, mostly JRPGs, but it would be a nice clothing option for us, something to add to outfits for seasonal wear, we have winter stuff, but nothing for summer.

swimsuit outfit, could be just wearing shorts, swimming trunks or speedos for our male characters to wear and to show of their chests. (no top or head stuff, maybe goggles)for a male summer outfit could be open an hawiian shirt with shorts and sandals (maybe sunglasses.)

While the females get binkini as their swim suit, and summer dress with a large summer hat for their summer outfit.

Because who doesn't want to see a charr in a speedo or short-shorts. #My-Charr-Needs-a-Speedo(I'm Joking, it's summer lets some fun with a new summer alternative outfit)

@> @videoboy.4162 said:

@Aeonica.3768 said:I think it would be great to allow the Perma tools to work like outfits or minis in that they can be consumed, saved, and can be applied to each character. That said I would love to see more hairstyles, especially extra long hair for human females. Nords aren't the only ones with super hair follicles.

I didnt know that but what i meant was being able to apply them without carrying the item...so its stored in a collection like outfits.

Suggestion:Special Shared Slot for Food and for Utility with autorenew function.

Discription:Special Shared Slots for Foods and Utilities. If character gets Malnourished\Diminished effect, those shared slots will perform automatic use of single portion of Food\Utility, currently placed in respective slot.