Replaying LWS2 with another character not possible to do story achievements

I have finished LWS2 with my warrior and tried to replay it with both my necro and mesmer in order to get some achievements done but... no achievements icons or even if I do what is needed for the achievement I don't complete it. An example, I did 5 times the 'Cornered' episode for getting the achievement 'Explosive Avoidance'. Then I hopped into my warrior who also had active the story and through the replay feature I did it again and voila there was the active achievement icon which got in the end just fine.

I thought maybe it had to do that the story was also active on the warrior but no. I quit the story on warrior and again with my mesmer proceeded into the next chapter 'Entanglement' and more specifically the episode 'Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough' attempting the 'No Tricks' achievement. Again no active achievements icon on the boons bar and even though I didn't use any of the available story weapons (as the achievement requires) I didn't get the achievement in the end.

So it seems like achievements are locked (?) to my warrior (the first character completing LWS2). Is it like this or am I missing something?

LS2 achievement progression is character bound. You can only do the achievements with the character that you did the story with. It was annoying for many people back then and luckily something that they stopped doing.

If you want to have another character do them, you’ll have to run them through the the applicable episodes first.

Thanks for your reply, I just couldn't understand the below:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If you want to have another character do them, you’ll have to run them through the the applicable episodes first.

when I finished the personal story on my mesmer got an email that I should proceed with LWS2 and so I did, doing the story from scratch. So do I have to complete the whole story first then this character will be able to do achievements replaying episodes, or just complete the relevant episode?

Sorry for asking in such detail but it's so confusing. :)

I do wish they would change this, and do it like all content after that - have to play through it once, and then second time through, on any character, you can go for the achievements.Repeating those stories just to go for achievement really has limited value, but if I was progressing the story for another character, it would be more worthwhile.

• 1 year later...