Which GW1 version to buy? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which GW1 version to buy?

AntonyGW.6103AntonyGW.6103 Member ✭✭
edited June 17, 2018 in Account & Technical Support

So I’ve really been wanting to play guild wars 1 and get a better understanding of Elona, Cantha, characters like Joko and generally all the lore related to the games. I wasn’t sure where to post this but my question is what version of the game should I buy? After searching a few other posts I found that my two options are from steam (where I’ll have to buy the trilogy and EoTN separately) or a German website where someone speculated i could be placed in a EU server by doing so. I was thinking of buying it from steam just cause I trust the store and have experience with it, but I also want to know if I’ll get the Hall of Monuments rewards as well by doing so since I’d rather not miss out on that added bonus.

Best Answers

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Trilogy and Platinum.

Agreed:

• Trilogy has the original three campaigns (plus some extras): Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall
    • Platinum has the original campaign (redundant, alas) and the expansion (Eye of the North) (plus some extras).

Between the two, you get the best bang for your buck and access to everything.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@AntonyGW.6103 said:
    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 wait so platinum has the campaign that is also included in the trilogy?

Other than that thanks for the replies guys that’s just what I’ll do. :)

Platinum has Prophecies.
    However, there's no longer any way to get EotM without also buying one of the original campaigns. The alternative to @Ayrilana.1396's suggestion is to buy Platinum (Proph + EotM), Factions (basic), and Nightfall (basic). That's more expensive than buying Trilogy & Platinum (and you'd typically end up with fewer of the extras).

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@AntonyGW.6103 said:
    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 wait so platinum has the campaign that is also included in the trilogy?

Other than that thanks for the replies guys that’s just what I’ll do. :)

Yes, Platinum has Prophecies and EOTN. Trilogy has Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall. So yeah, you'll technically end up getting Prophecies twice, but it's still the best way to go about getting all of the campaigns and the expansion.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

Answers

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.