Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@"Daddicus.6128" said:Man, you guys are pedantic. Have any of you ever thought that perhaps they made the status words ambiguous on purpose? That's what I would do: give away as little information as possible, while at the same time conveying SOMETHING about what the status currently is.

Honestly, I thought it was kind of ambiguous because we software developers are, like, super-duper pedantic about accuracy, and so the wording is vague because we literally break out in hives if you ask us to say "it is fixed" rather than "it is probably fixed" ;) Seriously, though, that.

Edit because this is apparently confusing: I do not work for ArenaNet, I have never worked for ArenaNet, and I almost certainly will never work for them. "We software developers" refers to the fact that I, among other things, develop software as part of my day job in an entirely unrelated industry and company, as do the people at ArenaNet who write software (and fix bugs like this).

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"Daddicus.6128" said:Man, you guys are pedantic. Have any of you ever thought that perhaps they made the status words ambiguous on purpose? That's what I would do: give away as little information as possible, while at the same time conveying SOMETHING about what the status currently is.

Honestly, I thought it was kind of ambiguous because we software developers are, like, super-duper pedantic about accuracy, and so the wording is vague because we literally break out in hives if you ask us to say "it
is
fixed" rather than "it is probably fixed" ;) Seriously, though, that.

That's a point I hadn't thought of. Good point!

I completed the achievement, have the title and the infusions from the reward. I completed the achievement weeks ago, but recently had a key drop in WvW, so I made my way back to a chest. The problem is, the chests are still open, just as they were before I completed the overall achievement. Any fix for this, or am I possibly doing something wrong? Is there an NPC I need to speak with to reset the collection. Checked the wiki, but didn't seem to find any info about this there. Any help would be appreciated, figured I'd try this before I submit a ticket. thanks!

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Short story: they have a fix that they are testing out, hope to have it with next patch, i.e.
maybe
it will be fixed on Tuesday

Actually, they stated that the fix has been ready for a week now, but it won't be patched until the next big patch upon release of the new LW episode.Where did you see that? I went by the two most recent dev comments on the forums and the lack of

4 June

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

8 June

The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

They have marked this issue as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker. Getting a little ahead of themselves. Nothing is really solved until you actually implement into the game and it works. Of course this has been going on for weeks and it seems a bit odd not to have put more effort into addressing it. Presumably adding a swim buff for a game that has done a lot to minimize water combat and travel was done for a specific purpose -- like the kind that lands on June 26th. Doesn't really help with the 24 keys I have sitting in my bag and can't use.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

@"crossoverAtt.9680" said:They have marked this issue as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker. Getting a little ahead of themselves. Nothing is really solved until you actually implement into the game and it works. Of course this has been going on for weeks and it seems a bit odd not to have put more effort into addressing it.

I agree. I already have 30 keys collected and still waiting for the patch. It will hopefully come with this week's update.

@"crossoverAtt.9680" said:They have marked this issue as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker. Getting a little ahead of themselves. Nothing is really solved until you actually implement into the game and it works.

That is a potential interpretation of the word "solved", but it is not what that word means in the context of the Known Issue Tracker, where the different terms have specific and defined meanings. In that context the word means "we have a fix, we have tested it works, and it is ready to ship".

Of course this has been going on for weeks and it seems a bit odd not to have put more effort into addressing it.

We have no idea how much effort was involved in this, behind the scenes. You are mistaking either "speed of patch delivery" or "amount of communication" for "effort".

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"crossoverAtt.9680" said:The original poster's question was "is this fixed or am I doing something wrong?"
That is the topic

Good thing that question was answered. More than once.

If you want to comment on the quality and frequency of communication, please start a new thread with that as the topic.

Someone did. I commented there. Someone moved that conversation here and cut out most of the context that differentiated that poster's question.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Maybe it's worth double checking before attempting to post a correction.

Sure, going through 14 pages to "double-check"... I just discovered my mistake by accident, otherwise there would have been no correction. ;)

Anyway, a full month is a long time to have brand new content present that doesn't work properly. I wonder what is causing this issue.