Is it possible to have a mount without buying the path of fire expansion? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is it possible to have a mount without buying the path of fire expansion?

I'm just wondering is it possible to have a mount without the path of fire expansion or are mounts locked to the expansion?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is not. they are locked to expansions.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Bowdon.1948Bowdon.1948 Member ✭✭

I decided to buy the expansion x2 (for my girlfriend too) seen as there is an offer on!

• ANet might release additional mounts in future expansions, but for now all mounts (including the upcoming rollerbeetle) are tied to PoF.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:
    ANet might release additional mounts in future expansions, but for now all mounts (including the upcoming rollerbeetle) are tied to PoF.

There's a very good chance that if Expansion 3 (sequel to LS4 in the same way that PoF is the sequel to LS3) has its own mounts, those mounts will require Expansion 3, and they won't require PoF, and Exp3 will obviously not suffice to allow access to the PoF/LS4 mounts.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• PyrateSilly.4710PyrateSilly.4710 Member ✭✭✭

Gliders are only available with Heart of Thorns.
    Mounts are only available with Path of Fire.
    There is no other way to get either without the expansion(s).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.