Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Timpf.5378Timpf.5378 Member ✭✭

same here. cant load in to any map the client restarts itself with "network error" I expect compensation because I am missing wvw ticks when my server doesn't lose for once. I missed 10k tick points overall so at this point its not salt. just bought $20 worth of gems and spend on boosters too. I know they pause when I don't play but I cant even play so.. at this point with almost 5k hours in the game since launch I wonder if I should keep playing gw2 or find an alternative. I'm so disappointed.

• Karnn.4569Karnn.4569 Member ✭✭

Seems server crashed lol

• Walja.4258Walja.4258 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

I got perma kicked on my Engi after entering story and beeing kicked from there, now I got far deeper into the story with my Revenant. But eventually I was kicked again and now I kept getting 1083:5:7:1596:101 network error codes. So changing to other Charrs kinda doesn't help either :(

Edit frtom 18:46- 4min after post: I got back into story at some sort of safe point on my Rev, so that's a good thing.

• Nox.4830Nox.4830 Member

Welp, I was opening black lion chests while waiting for a friend to connect and was super surprised to see a Glyph of the Scavenger pop into my inventory. We go into the story, disconnect, finally come back in and my new shiny Glyph is gone with my original keys back in my inventory. I want my Glyphie back! :(

• Kraggy.4169Kraggy.4169 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Nox.4830 said:
    Welp, I was opening black lion chests while waiting for a friend to connect and was super surprised to see a Glyph of the Scavenger pop into my inventory. We go into the story, disconnect, finally come back in and my new shiny Glyph is gone with my original keys back in my inventory. I want my Glyphie back! :(

That sucks, I feel for you. :(

• Luna.9640Luna.9640 Member ✭✭

I cannot log into any of my characters any more...all suffer from infinite loading screen leading to that network error i posted earlier.

• having the same issues:-)

• Just adding my voice. Tried to begin the first instance of the new episode and disconnected, and now Guild Wars 2 won't load at all.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Server is back up again for at least (EU)

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Uh... can i play a playable game?

• I had just started the new story when it crashed. I just got back in, it continued where I left off, but it's frozen and no one is reacting. I hit skip for the movie (as I just saw it) if that helps.

• It's not just the LS3 story that gets you disconnected. I haven't even started it, went into the new Fractal with a team and we got to some spiders, then the DC hit us. I can't login to any of my characters now. Game loads fine, but I get an endless loading screen after selecting any of my chars, and the 'ol dreaded "can't connect to the login server, please try again later" popup.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Same issue here, was in Desert Highlands, after some chatter I got a dc, then rolled back to Crystal Oasis and infinite network error. I did complete my 1st story instance tho.

Update: Am back in now but the story stalled at eternal "visit the primeval" and I am far from alone :(

• Karnn.4569Karnn.4569 Member ✭✭

By now you'd think on big releases where people have been bored for awhile and log in En masse they'd be prepared for the server loads by now.

• Unholey.3264Unholey.3264 Member ✭✭

Started using my stack of 83 black lion keys. Got through about 25 or so of them before being disconnected. Managed to get back in a few minutes later with all drops gone and keys back at 83. Pulled the new scarabs on the 19th key, but nothing crazy rare. I have pics of the before and after.

Just a heads up, if you pull something nice, just make a record of it in case you get rolled back, too.

• foxof.8752foxof.8752 Member ✭✭

dont think only storyline, wvw also keeps dc .

• Same. Disconnected trying to play the new story and now I can't get back in the game.

• Hopefully this will be helpful; I had the same issue. Crashed during first instance, all attempts to log back into the character also crashed. However, when I saw Skillze's comment about a character in the mists lobby, I tried that. This character loaded successfully, and when I tried the first one again, they were now also able to load successfully, resume the instance, and finish it.

• Boat is crashing story instance.
    Fully download of the patch is helping some go through the first instance

Norn main
    Loves Ice Maps

MakeNornGreatAgain

• Another disconnect :) I'm sure they've got flying fingers trying to figure this out...

• Ramcke.6831Ramcke.6831 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

Having the same problem, NA Server.

Edit: Got in but on different toon.

• I managed to finish the story instance just now, on my 3rd try (not counting the few times I tried to log on to any character and got disconnected). Keep trying and you might be able to finish it as well.

• Sigz.6943Sigz.6943 Member ✭✭

@Aaralyna.3104 said:
    Same issue here, was in Desert Highlands, after some chatter I got a dc, then rolled back to Crystal Oasis and infinite network error. I did complete my 1st story instance tho.

Same for me as well

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I am not able to get into the game after the patch downloaded so I have not even been able to start the new episode. I am getting continual disconnects.

• Gorden.5483Gorden.5483 Member ✭✭

I had a disconnect in the first story instance talking during the court part.
    After that I couldn't log into my characters anymore for about 10 minutes, but afterwards it worked again and I got through the story part.
    Now I got another disconnect in the second instance right when unlocking all the abilities after loading into the area and I cannot log into any of my characters again.
    I hope you find a solution for this soon.

• briggah.7910briggah.7910 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

can't even login any more. second part of story never continued. logged off and on several times before the story would continue. got into instance and dc'ed now can't log on anymore on any character. getting same error as the screenshot that was posted (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

BUGS GALORE this episode. Time to expand that bug team.

• edited June 26, 2018

Disconnecting with network error code 1083:5:7:1596:101

Now I'm getting game client lost connection code 7:1:3:191:101

Nope wait now back to 1083

• Got back in again and this time was able to finish the first story.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

We're aware that some players are experiencing a disconnect issue with Episode 3. The team is working on a fix and we'll get that corrected as soon as possible!

How strange, those kind of problems never happen after a LS patch <.<
    <-Edit: Now I can't even load any map on any of my characters anymore :/
    This Scarab Plague sure is dangerous...it also affects the game itself...

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Made it fine up to the Desert Highlands part. Then my friend didn't hear the dialogue and neither of us could trigger the portal to the new map until relogging. Made it to the new map, picked up the object, reviewed the special action tooltip, barely moved two feet before crashing. Thereafter got network errors for a bit. I loaded back into Highlands at last (EDIT: right after successfully entering VB on a flax farm alt), as did my friend, though we were in different maps. I re-entered the portal, he did not get an invite popup, and I crashed out again from the loading screen.

We shall continue to try but I wanted to add my data.

One other note: The NPC and Commander dialogue is very muted even with the slider maxed. I could hear the judge and bystander commentary fine, but everyone else means straining to hear.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Luna.9640 said:
    Infinite loading or a Crash to character select or both.

Edit: Add random Network Error too

Feeling kinda salty but we had to wait extra weeks just so the very 1st instance turned out to be bugged and an-accessible ?

And this is not the first time LS instance get same bug - it happened few times in the past but seems like devs can't fix it.

Same network error for me. Tried to play the first episode, first atempt: long loading screen then the network error, tried to log in with a different character localized in mistlock sanctuary, with the same result. Closed the launcher, checked internet, restartet pc. Second attempt:instance loaded, listened to ambient dialogue for a few seconds, dc with network error, also occurs on different characters when trying to log into the game with them.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• I just spent the last 30 min moving some gear to my new ranger and doing fashion wars only to have the servers screw up and roll my character back to before I started. I'm PISSED and I demand a full refund. I will accept payments of 1min per day until my time has been repaid. If you want out of this debt sooner, you could also fix the servers so we can all play your sweet sweet new story. thanks :sweat_smile:

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely terrible experience so far. 5 Disconnects, keybinds not working, delays.
    My client has restarted itself three times after timeouts.

Just terrible.
    I've never seen this kind of thing after an LW update other than maybe the Siren's Landing problems.

• Pinkii.3526Pinkii.3526 Member ✭✭

@Luna.9640 said:
    Infinite loading or a Crash to character select or both.

Edit: Add random Network Error too

Feeling kinda salty but we had to wait extra weeks just so the very 1st instance turned out to be bugged and an-accessible ?

And this is not the first time LS instance get same bug - it happened few times in the past but seems like devs can't fix it.

same here

when i can join the Story instance, then i can talk with Taimi, a fter that i start moving to the negotiation and the it disconnects

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

First crash in the first instance before the video when we expect the ship.
    Then the progress stucks at the grave after the both npcs started talking. Next stuck when we had to meet Taimi again outside the grave.
    (Relog helped here)
    Then a next crash on entering the second instance (that portal) ... now I'm trying to get back into the game for now 5 mins...

Praise Joko!

• Deax.1572Deax.1572 Member ✭✭✭

Getting the same error, Did the Amnoon just fine after a while, but now having the issue in the Desert Highlands
    (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)

• Tiscan.8345Tiscan.8345 Member ✭✭✭

Got to the story-step where you have to visit the tomb and nothing happened. Someone said that relogging near the portal helps - it did... kinda... i apparently somehow skipped the whole conversation (or whatever happens) in the tomb and was told to meet Taimi. Then I got kicked with the 1803-error and now i can't log into any character. No matter if they are in the desert-highland maps or somewhere else.

• I made it through the portal, relogged in several times to get there. Getting the network error again...

• Aeonaxx.4936Aeonaxx.4936 Member ✭✭

I disconnected first time when i was loading first S04E03 instance. I relogged in getting to character screens and trying to load into Amnoon only to receive a disconnect network error. I searched forums for a bit, after about 5 mins mins i retried and got in. Story loaded up started playing fine till Gorrik says "pestilence" and i crash again. Now back to network error codes.

• I managed to get into an instance, took 1 step BAM! Disconnect.. .. . . Seems this happens at the start of every living world season. Many relogs later I might actually get through this story!

• Got crashed out when starting the trial but was able to get back in and finish the 1st chapter. Now got crashed out after pressing the button on Bloom's arm. Trying to get back in.

• @skillze.7689 said:
    Just to let you know you can stop the crash cycle by loading another character in, i loaded a character who was in the heart of the mists to stop the loading crash errors.

Helpful work-around, skillze. Thanks for posting that. (I'll relay to the team, but I believe they were commenting similarly a few minutes ago.)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

The Queens won't talk to anyone, story is stalled.

P.S. Just got disconnected, too, and cannot reconnect. "Network error" (surrre).

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

The entire episode is bugged left, right, up, down, and all around. What a mess.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

This story keeps stall in Desert Highlands. It doesn't want to continue and also markers and texts/communications are missing. Resetted the story already a few time, at first it would continue a little but now I seem really stuck at story. I am not alone I hear.

Stalls at "Visit the Primeval Dynasty", stalls for good at "Ask the Primeval queens for help".

• Cegi.4385Cegi.4385 Member ✭✭

is the testing team doing any stress test before releasing a patch, cause in every patch day theres a huge disconnect issue

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

That is too bad, because the story is so compelling! Would have loved to play through it in one go.

• sheelawhite.1895sheelawhite.1895 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

I got instant dc for using a skill from the armind the second story instance . now i cant login again but it seems after a few attempts it will work again

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.