Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@skillze.7689 said:
    Just to let you know you can stop the crash cycle by loading another character in, i loaded a character who was in the heart of the mists to stop the loading crash errors.

Helpful work-around, skillze. Thanks for posting that. (I'll relay to the team, but I believe they were commenting similarly a few minutes ago.)

Doenst work. Cant login on any character. Netwerk error on all 1083:5:7:159:101

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ditto. Plus disconnect without being able to reconnect to the game.

Guess I'll go fix dinner now, perhaps there will be a patch to fix it by the time I get back.

• Same here and also heard it from other people on the map. Relogging, switching character or map didn't help either.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

Addendum: Both my friend and I, upon (brief) successful reload into Highlands, found ourselves back at Makali Outpost rather than at the Tomb.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I got it to update by zoning out of the map for 5 mins then back, but now I DC'd in Forearmed is Forewarned and can't log into any of my characters! #neverplayonpatchday
    EDIT! : Got into the instance again. Let's see.
    EDITEDIT: Fail, DC'd again.
    EDIT...again: I guess it's dinner time, 'cause I can't log in full stop now! ^^
    The Irony is the Dialogue from Taimi that plays before you DC. Priceless!

Don't you love happy little accidents!

Better get a wriggle on.

• Disconnecting in Loading screen

• Please, please use the search engine, or just glance at the topmost posts, to avoid redundancy and merging. Thank you.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Draco.9480Draco.9480 Member ✭✭✭

I can't login to my characters kitten

• And i wanted to play it right away, too... It seems that i have to wait a couple of days :'(

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, all I can say is that it doesn't surprise me when tens of thousands of people try to open the same instance simultaneously. I'll take a nap and dive right in over night :D

Bite me.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

I had seen this post before Gaile Gray, but the problem is that the story itself stalls on steps (missing interaction buttons and pointers). Even if you don't crash ^^

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Avalaxus.2081 said:
    And i wanted to play it right away, too... It seems that i have to wait a couple of days :'(

remember this the next time you dig into your wallet for Gems.
    I know I will.

• BatelGeuce.3591BatelGeuce.3591 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Aaralyna.3104 said:
    I had seen this post before Gaile Gray, but the problem is that the story itself stalls on steps (missing interaction buttons and pointers). Even if you don't crash ^^

Well you can bypass this by going to character select and logging back in. It somehow skips the dialogs and you are able to continue. Well that's until you reach the "enter the portal" part which will disconnect you.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

@BatelGeuce.3591 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:

Well you can bypass this by going to character select and logging back in. It somehow skips the dialogs and you are able to continue. Well that's until you reach the "enter the portal" part which will disconnect you.

Went to other zone, relogged, entered zone, saw pointer, story went 1 step further to just stall again... :(

• Fenar.4025Fenar.4025 Member ✭✭

Is it a bug or is it millions of hungry gamers all hitting the servers at the same time? Why all the disconnects when trying to do the new story instances?

• Aaaand now I'm in the second instance after the portal, and I get a 7:11:3:191:101 - Error code... :/ Spoiler... there will be more DCs... I guess?

• tazzannl.5016tazzannl.5016 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

guys guys really need to cut arenanet some slack they're working as fast as they can to correct these issues i say this to everyone when a patch hits wait at least a day or so that then anet can at least address the major issues :S how the hell is it a surprise to you guys every update? something on these lines always takes place it's not anets fault some things their side don't show up for them like our side, you realise they're running around aimlessly in their offices right?

• edited June 26, 2018

@Eldarion the Warden.1437 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@skillze.7689 said:
    Just to let you know you can stop the crash cycle by loading another character in, i loaded a character who was in the heart of the mists to stop the loading crash errors.

Helpful work-around, skillze. Thanks for posting that. (I'll relay to the team, but I believe they were commenting similarly a few minutes ago.)

Doenst work. Cant login on any character. Netwerk error on all 1083:5:7:159:101

Thank you for that further information. In our internal testing of this workaround -- while others work on a correction -- we've found that the suggestion does work for some players, but not for others. So it's something a player could try, if they wanted to do so, and it's possible it may help. (And possible it will not, which is why we're working hard to nail this bug to the wall ASAP!)

@BatelGeuce.3591 said:

Good info, thanks.

Gaile Gray

• I logged in the game, got some crafting done, changed character who is in Rata Sum and little bit after that I got the network error message. I tried different character that also is in Rata Sum, didn't even get past loading screen. Tried character that is in Verdant Brink, still not getting through. I hope this gets fixed as fast as possible, I love the game and now I can't even play it :(

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    We're aware that some players are experiencing a disconnect issue with Episode 3. The team is working on a fix and we'll get that corrected as soon as possible!

This is the only game that gives me a terrible connection to its servers in general ever since I switched from DSL to a much faster broadband fibre glass connection (and it's not an issue on my provider's end, this has been investigated thoroughly, and it affects only the connection outside my provider's range of influence to the GW2 servers).

The traceroute shows hops with packet losses of 100% and unreachable IP destinations (i.e., "timed out"). I am obviously getting routed incorrectly and am still waiting for a response from support. I can imagine I am not the only one with this problem, so disconnects like these on patch day are no sursprise, really.

• I was able to make it into the story part of the new map with the golem's arm, but as soon as I used its cloaking tech, game crashed and now cant log into any character. Before, I was using the port to guild hall trick to advance each step of the story in desert highlands.

• Looks like i need to play Bless Online :D. 7:11:3:191:101 Error on every character. When i log back i can play 1minute aaaand DC

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rysdude.3824 said:
    Having the same issue

Edit: now i cant log into any of my characters, including those not in crystal oasis.

Same... Do NOT try to goto the Tomb of the Primevil Kings, you will get pwned.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure it's a little of both, but it should have been somewhat anticipated on their end. I mean, all this talk of "quality" and a month delay, I would have expected it to be running smoother than the other two patches. But it's worse. FAR worse. And for the new players that just transferred over this isn't exactly a great experience either.

I'm also kind of upset that relogging after getting to the Tomb of Primevil kings skipped some of the dialogue with the queens. Hopefully nothing interesting was said. Not like I won't replay it anyway for achievements, but still. Now the client crashed and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to log back into my character.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're already aware....

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

@Fenar.4025 said:
    Is it a bug or is it millions of hungry gamers all hitting the servers at the same time? Why all the disconnects when trying to do the new story instances?

Both. This is why you don't make bloated releases within 2-3 months and not give enough time for quality testing. As far as servers, they have always had issues.

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

players cannot enter the portal created by blish when he loses his arm, I downloaded the content in background, and when it looked full I downloaded in foreground, I got in waited for dialog, it asked to find his arm I was standing on, could not interact with the object, and got disconnect, now I cannot log on with any character.

• Shadowzerk.4715Shadowzerk.4715 Member ✭✭✭

i cant login to my char after i lost connection from instance :(

• made it to the second instance, got kicked out and cannot log in on any char since: Code=1083:5:7:1596:191

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Was getting DC at the portal part over and over, finally got in no dc, but the load screen next is hanging.

• foozlesprite.8051foozlesprite.8051 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

The spouse and I could the first instance without issue, but we couldn't get an update while talking to

the Twins

until logging out and back in several times. My spouse eventually got the dialogue and moved on, but I never got that dialogue. It automatically moved me to the next step though, to

update Taimi.
    We can't see the quest marker from there though, and I even went back to Amnoon's docks to see if she was still there.

Edit: and now we're getting connection issues, neither of us can connect. Error code 1083:5:7:1596:101

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can't do any step without relog seriously.... hope it helps: Error: Code:7:11:3:191:101 Lost connection from server, or simply story freezing, stoping working, 3 times to pass the portal made by blish!!

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• SAME THINGS WITH ANET EVERYPATCH WOUHOUUUU

• jbolene.4352jbolene.4352 Member ✭✭

pretty much unplayable

• For those who get disconnected doing the Primal Kings part, the game has a tendency to kick you back to the first waypoint of Highland Desert. Well, it did the two times I tried to go to the portal. Disconnected again. Shrugs I'm just glad to make it past the queens.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Woaw! A new error: Network error Code:1083:5:7:1596:101

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

@narcx.3570 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:
    Having the same issue

Edit: now i cant log into any of my characters, including those not in crystal oasis.

Same... Do NOT try to goto the Tomb of the Primevil Kings, you will get pwned.

At this point, I need to fo full reboots in order to even log back in. Quite demoralizing actually. Welp, time to join the taxi to the new map. Hopefully that works. Who needs the story anyway

• Cant get past the loading screen, each time i get internet errors...

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

Got kicked also. Could not relog with any other char. I reseted my router now i can get back into all of my chars. Don't know why this has worked, maybe it will help someone else.

• Walja.4258Walja.4258 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

So now after several 1083:(...) errrors I got back into the game on the charr I'm playing the story with, I managed to get back on the Desert Higland map where I was about to join into Forearmed Is Forewarned instance. I now am waiting for over 130 secs to get into the IP: 18.196.166.51 instance, after 140secs I got in... Stay tuned :D
    Edit: before all the talk was over I DC'd again with a 7:11:3:191:101 error code :$

• Also, not sure if this helps, but each time I try to go back in, the startup screen shows Crystal Oasis before realizing I'm in Desert Highland.

• Still got network error in Desert Highland.

• edited June 26, 2018

@Doireann Devir.6984 said:
    Also, not sure if this helps, but each time I try to go back in, the startup screen shows Crystal Oasis before realizing I'm in Desert Highland.

You know, information like this could be helpful, so thanks for posting it.

I understand the frustration, but "It's broken" posts aren't nearly as helpful as those that give details, such as an error code, your general location, a tracert, that sort of thing. You are truly welcome to post here in any form (aside a breach of the FCoC, of course ;) ) but if you could provide a little info in the post, that would be excellent. I've pointed out this thread to the devs and they may find helpful details with in it if you'll share them.

Thanks very much!

Gaile Gray

• Rosamonde Venus.2948Rosamonde Venus.2948 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

guys, your servers are really kitten : have a 400Mb/s connection, perfectly stable (like 1h disconnection once a year), but with this update, I'm getting a disconnect in every part of the story, and back to the previous map. Sometimes also not getting the green star for story, have to DC a lot of times. Had no problem with previous updates, plz fix it.
    BTW, the green star problem was for "Update Taimi", got it in Oasis Crystal map, not on the right map, but seems fixed, having it now

• I feel like I should be used to this by now....

• eldrin.6471eldrin.6471 Member ✭✭✭

this does not come close to being fun.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    If it's too many people for the servers ... that's actually good news.
    It means the game is as popular as ever. Or poor planning and stress testing.

or they use toaster as server

btw. i can not login because all my 6 character stading in Lily of the Elon

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• same here tried to guest server i logged but after log into 2 instance again network error

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.