Feedback: Official Living World Season 4 Episode 3 Feedback [MANY SPOILERS] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Feedback: Official Living World Season 4 Episode 3 Feedback [MANY SPOILERS]

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS STORY SPOILERS -- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here's the traditional "highpoints" gathering place. Please share your general feedback about Episode 3 in this thread. If you have found any issues, the best place to report those is the Bugs Subforum, and of course if you have detailed feedback about any element of the episode, a separate thread is welcome.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about LWS4/E3! :)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<13456710

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just finished the first instance and this is AMAZING. I am already blown away.

Also those kitten physics are sexy

Bite me.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Just finished the first instance and this is AMAZING. I am already blown away.

Also those kitten physics are sexy

We like kitten physics real well, too! ;)

Well ain't that fortunate

Bite me.

@Hellbore.1473 said:
    Honest question, who thought it would be a good idea to lock the new mount behind a collection AND not let us chose that mastery line so as to effectively negate any experience gained throughout the main story quests. No experience gained while also not dropping loot... I mean really what was the point of that? Good story nonetheless I am enjoying it so far.

That's such a minor issue. Do you really care about 3 spirit shards you're gonna get?

Bite me.

• trueanimus.4085trueanimus.4085 Member ✭✭✭

endless loading screen at forearmed is forwarned... already reloaded... never lets me in to the instance

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Can't really tell right now, too much firework for the first boss Itari the mummy, get killed two times.... And a ton of errors of connection, diconnect, crashes..... Will repost surely a more positive one here later after I finished the episode after the fix :) But really disapointed....

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Shikaru.7618Shikaru.7618 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

The lack of unique sounds on Verdarach is extremely disappointing. As an auditory weapon, especially one of such large physical size, I would have expected it to have matching audio. Even non legendary warhorns (Super adventure box skins) has unique sounds. Why was the decision made to not create sounds?

• I have not mutch see xd its keep crashing affter 3 min play

• @AtlantisPrins.2098 said:
    I have not mutch see xd its keep crashing affter 3 min play

You managed to stay online for 3 minutes? Not bad.

• New Living Story into Joko's but got kicked out error code 1083:5:7:1596:101 are more people experiencing this?

• Twyn.7320Twyn.7320 Member ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to effectively like playing Lord of the Guild Wars 2: Return of the King. Like, it's not original or plausible so far, so I hope it gets better later on!

@Twyn.7320 said:
    I'm looking forward to effectively like playing Lord of the Guild Wars 2: Return of the King. Like, it's not original or plausible so far, so I hope it gets better later on!

Would you mind going into detail?

What exactly is not plausible? And why would it have to be original? The characters in the story are pretty original no? Not like settings can only ever be done once

Bite me.

• First part was nice and fun. Only took 6 tries from disconnecting. cant get into the portal atm and hope it's resolved soon but so far thumbs up.

• @Shikaru.7618 said:
    The lack of unique sounds on Verdarach is extremely disappointing. As an auditory weapon, especially one of such large physical size, I would have expected it to have matching audio. Even non legendary warhorns (Super adventure box skins) has unique sounds. Why was the decision made to not create sounds?

you have already made one? YOU ARE TRULY A MASTERCRAFTER :) sad to hear about the sound though.

• TwilightSoul.9048TwilightSoul.9048 Member ✭✭✭

I unfortunatly can't give feedback so far since I've crashed trying to load into Forearmed something whatever.
    Before that I had to relog in order to start some dialogues, which unfortunatly didn't start but I got progress for my main objective anyway so I probably missed most of the story dialogues thanks to that.

I'll just wait until some bugfixes have rolled out because I really did not enjoy playing GW2 today.

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• Even though I couldn't make it past the first part, my initial impressions for the story was very positive! I very much love asura so some of the dialogue was really funny to me (plus Taimi in anything is always a plus!). The boss fight was fun, I appreciate it not being overly complicated or difficult (took me a second to realize I could jump over the shooting black tar). And also the cinematic cutscene I was SO excited to see. I really would love more of them if possible!

• @Pifil.5193 said:
    Not good, given that the entire episode was delayed to make "adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently".

I wondered what the "logistical change" was that they mentioned in that post. Totally agree with this. I'm really sad its my one day off work this week.

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Eta on fix?

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't get past picking up Blish's arm (and after the first time I did that, I could barely get TO that part). But the trial and the ship arrival went perfectly. I agree that Taimi's slow pace really showed Gorrik's personality in a capsule. I enjoyed Joko's commentary, had fun squishing bugs. Having a Berserker buddy along made the fights easy for my squishy Daredevil, normally I go it alone first run but he has the time off for once to join me. (So of course we couldn't get much done).

I was very intrigued by the bit from the Twins that the Commander is immune to the scarabs thanks to his/her passage through the Lost lands. Plausible. I wonder if that part is said to non-humans? Seeing as how it only affects humans, so far as we know at this point.

My one sadness, content wise, is that in the bit I've been able to play Faren did nothing to support my pet theory that he is E. :) Other than show up in a dangerous spot insisting on being brave, but that fits his cover personality too well to make it seem just a cover. Like I say, I'd have to really reach to say anything of Faren in the first instance suggests E'ness. Alas.

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Just get it managed to play the first part of the story before the dc fiesta kicked in. Story telling to this point ist nice and keep me interrested. Also Faren is back so it must be a great, maybe the greatest, LS episode ever! Looking forward to what will coming next.

• The game crash even with my 30 level character in queensdale, so maybe there are problems with new LS but for sure there are problems overall in the servers, at the moment the game cannot be played at all

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

First part was good. (I enjoyed the hidden conversation.)

Second part was interesting.

Third part is... apparently unplayable. Given the delays, and the fact that this kind of thing has been a problem before, this is inexcusable. It's like going out to eat somewhere nice, and ordering. The appetizer is delivered, but then the wait staff simply forgets you're there and doesn't bother with the rest of your food. You're still expected to pay, though.

Rating: 2/10.

PS: I have a friend or two that have stopped playing for a while. I was going to tell them the new story was up, so they would come back and play again for a bit. But as a friend, I can't do that now.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Angina.2356Angina.2356 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

you should chainge the titel of story into Long Live The Glich

• @david sands.6054 said:
    New Living Story into Joko's but got kicked out error code 1083:5:7:1596:101 are more people experiencing this?

At the moment everyone I think :D

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Zeyta.3519 said:
    Great episode! It seemed to end kinda quick after fighting Joko's minions on the beach and I didn't get a roller beetle, but otherwise it was excellent. 10/10!

Have you talked to the NPC at the ship with the beetle cage? :)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• Interesting LFG postings rn ;) ;) B)

• it would be nice to play at least openworld content on unrelated maps.. but no.. not even that.

it gets worse with every episode...

Guys please.

The delay has nothing to do with the server not being able to properly create thousands of instances simultaneously. Don't conflate those two, because it makes 0 sense

Bite me.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:
    Eta on fix?

We do not have an ETA at this time. We're still assessing the bug in order to make sure that all its tentacles and arms and appendages are smote at the same time we take out the body of the bug.

Please just fix the story so far, that we can go to the new map.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• part 1 great so far part 2 idk i crashed on entering portal

• Part one was mostly great, boss was a little punishing for melee and the horde coordinating attacks can catch some off guard (like me, got downed before even realizing what happened)

The little conversations with ghosts was weird, don't know where they got their info from, am I being spied on?

Part two is tough, have problem going past the griffon riders army encounter, will report back when later. So far I think that it was a mistake making their serverkick attack undodgeable

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

In the first story instance behind the ship while fighting the boss, in the water near the mastery point and near the point of interest for old amnoon there is a reflection of almost a bright rainbow of colors. But there's nothing above it to reflect those colors. Is this a weird graphic glitch, an affect? It doesn't really bother me, just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

• Will.9785Will.9785 Member ✭✭✭

So just to confirm, the story is glitched right after you talk to those 2 characters?

@Twyn.7320 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Twyn.7320 said:

Would you mind going into detail?

What exactly is not plausible? And why would it have to be original? The characters in the story are pretty original no? Not like settings can only ever be done once

Generally, the Scarab Plague is an airborne disease, so if Amnoon isn't crippled by a mass outbreak, it's a bit silly. Additionally, Gorrik wandering around as a test subject is equally as dumb, and no one challenges the concept. They're so passive to the idea of letting an Asura wander around despite being contaminated. Even if it 'doesn't affect anything other than Humans', it could still spread to Humans by just being around Gorrik.

The characters are effectively stereotypes, and are in real need of character development that's well-written. I hope Braham actually gets treatment this time, instead of being drowned out by Taimi because 'reasons'. It's been said multiple times by multiple people, all of which are being objective, but Guild Wars 2 needs to choose its story tone. Is it trying to be a Disney-type adventure, or is it trying to be more mature? If it's a Disney-type adventure, spend more time with Taimi and Gorrik. If it's a mature story, spend more time with characters like Rytlock, Kasmeer and Braham. Of course, it's my subjective opinion as to which characters fit a more mature tone, but Guild Wars 2 stands out as being a bit too... 'no consequences, big actions'. The obvious answer to all of this is: 'Stop playing if you're so negative about it.' However, it doesn't fix anything. There are problems with Guild Wars 2 right now, the most important being a lack of communication and a lack of understanding of what the community actually wants. If Guild Wars 2's community declined until only blindly optimistic people remained, it wouldn't be financially viable to keep the servers open. The irony is that Guild Wars 2's community is trying to stop ArenaNet from destroying something with so much potential, but either through lack of attention or lack of staffing, they aren't able to fix the right things efficiently. (I know I've deviated from the main point, but it's important to get it out there with a new, buggy and largely underwhelming release.)

It's fine for settings to be re-done, but it's a setting that's over-done. We're collecting a spectral army to fight an immense evil, and banish them from the realm of the living. It's a quick fix, with no trials in the way, because it's the only way to fight and defeat Joko. We literally ask them to help and they say: 'Yah, gucci, let's go!' And then, we're meant to portal off to fight him. (Which no one can do at the moment, SoonTM.) But the main issue is actually the question you've asked to me...

'Why would it have to be original?'

This is a problem. Every game should strive to have an original storyline. Yah, you can borrow aspects from other things, it'd be impossible not to. However, you shouldn't rip entire story points, identically from another piece of media, and expect people to not notice. The ghost army is, dialogue-excluded, ripped off from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. And I might be wrong in the approach, but if the Primeval Army is the primary reason as to why we defeat Joko, it'll be a carbon copy. Though, I don't want Joko to die, because he hasn't been developed. Though, I guarantee that he's going to die today, or be banished from the storyline.

Thank you for properly elaborating! I definitely understand your points now. Hope I get the time (and that I don't forget) to reply tomorrow

Bite me.

• How about gratis dung beetle collection completion for "early adoption" of the new content for all lined up outside of the Tomb of the Primeval Kings?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.