ep 4.3 bug. Forearmed is forewarned is broken

• Didn't get the update from the queens, logged out and back in.
  • When I logged back in it took me directly to the Taimi conversation, but with no story marker on the map afterwards. (My spouse got the queen text and the Taimi update.)
  • I went to her location in Amnoon to see if Taimi was there, but she wasn't there any more.
  • Went back to Desert Highlands, was disconnected.
  • When I got back into the game and went to the Tomb of the Primeval Kings again, it triggered the story marker to appear.
  • I stepped into the portal, and was sent to Lion's Arch instead of the story instance. (This is where most of the people on our LA map came from, it seems.)

Hope you can get this fixed soon with a minimum of hassle, I've worked in web development before so I know how much bugs like this suck to deal with in emergency situations.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me what dialogue I missed with the two Queens?

Since it was bugging out earlier, it stalled, and now it skipped to the next step and I don't know what happened and what ghost army my character is talking about to Taimi.

Edit: Nevermind. Replayed it on another char to see what I missed. Only to be stalled on the next mission: "Forearmed is Forewarned." Loading, nothing happens, getting sent back to the Desert Highlands.

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

• Didn't get the update from the queens, logged out and back in.
  • When I logged back in it took me directly to the Taimi conversation, but with no story marker on the map afterwards. (My spouse got the queen text and the Taimi update.)
  • I went to her location in Amnoon to see if Taimi was there, but she wasn't there any more.
  • Went back to Desert Highlands, was disconnected.
  • When I got back into the game and went to the Tomb of the Primeval Kings again, it triggered the story marker to appear.
  • I stepped into the portal, and was sent to Lion's Arch instead of the story instance. (This is where most of the people on our LA map came from, it seems.)

Hope you can get this fixed soon with a minimum of hassle, I've worked in web development before so I know how much bugs like this suck to deal with in emergency situations.

I couldn't see the marker after speaking with the queens. I realized it was because something like 100 people were hovering around it with their tags turned on (Commander or Mentor - both). It so cluttered the area that you couldn't see the green marker. Why they are doing this, I have no idea.

Except when I got into the instance, I soon got disconnected. Now, I don't, but I end up in LA instead of in the instance. Fun :)

• ArenaNet Staff

As I posted in the main thread:

We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:As I posted in the main thread:

We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

Is there an update on the story.

PS do we need to Praise Joko to get it to work? XD

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:As I posted in the main thread:

It's redirecting me to Lion's Arch

• ArenaNet Staff

Cross-posting from the main Connection/Log-in Issue thread:

We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

network error, can't log in at all now. I was loading into the first step "Seized" with blue watercolor dock view, sat loading for a long time and then dc'd. Logged out of game and tried to log back in, can't now :( hmm maybe momentary hiccup? i got back in nvm.

hmm seem to keep crashing on the first story step.got this error message after trying to load next step. https://imgur.com/bemE7Ve Sent to char select screen.Waited a few minutes and tried to log in from char select screen got this message. https://imgur.com/fV5BsIkshut down game, restarting again for a second time. Other then game crashing my internet is working fine so.... ?

I'm just trying to do the first cheeve which requires me to repeat the first step and log in and out of story alot. Seem to be getting more dc's then normal. and can't complete the mission b4 i get dc'd :(

• ArenaNet Staff

@Shadow Grebacier.2486 said:I'm seeing disconnects in the Verdant Brink area as well as Mid PvP matches. Will those go away when the new stuff is fixed?

First, I want to say that I am not a dev, nor do I have programming expertise, so this is just my personal opinion: Judging from the error message I got when I was moving from one core Tyria map to another, I believe that the fix the team is working on would address general disconnection problems and not solely those involving Episode 3. But again, that's my guess. Quite honestly I don't want to take dev time asking about it, since team members working on this are very focused on getting things fixed.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Shadow Grebacier.2486 said:I'm seeing disconnects in the Verdant Brink area as well as Mid PvP matches. Will those go away when the new stuff is fixed?

First, I want to say that I am not a dev, nor do I have programming expertise, so this is just my personal opinion: Judging from the error message I got when I was moving from one core Tyria map to another, I believe that the fix the team is working on would address general disconnection problems and not solely those involving Episode 3. But again, that's my
guess
. Quite honestly I don't want to take dev time asking about it, since team members working on this are very focused on getting things fixed.

I wonder if this is related to the issues so many people were having with The Departed story instance? Would be interesting to see if their fix resolves some of the issues with that that I'm still having to this day. Here's to hoping for the best in anycase. Thanks for the updates.