Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 14 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• Oh man, the sheer number of tantrums in this thread. [passes out the popcorn]
    But seriously, thanks for working hard on trying to fix this, Anet. It's pretty obvious people were working late. It's pretty ridiculous to expect the devs to work overnight for the pleasure of a few spoiled brats.

• Soruf.4875Soruf.4875 Member ✭✭

@Nikita.6192 said:

@Soruf.4875 said:

@Lilium.1509 said:
    what I want to know is, what is causing the game to crash and roll back on servers for people that aren't doing the new story content. It's not just the one story episode being effected by it. I mean, I don't mind; I have crochet I can work on...but I was really hoping to play some on one of my days off this week.

yea I wouldnt know. ive been on gw2 all day no issues other than relogging in to download builds. other than that ive been good, atm not on but thats because my video card has an update. but like I said I cant speak for everyone because not everyone apparently can get in or the fact that theres people that crash a lot now. Try reinstalling the game? idk.

Dude, we get you are special and you don't have any issues, you said that in plenty of posts. What TF are you even doing here. GTFO

rude much? didnt say I was special. also plenty of posts. probably mentioned in 2. and responded to a person and at the end offerered probably try reinstalling see if the patch idk corrupted? tleling people to gtfo is stupid and rude. Dont be that kitten

• Suranis.8279Suranis.8279 Member
    edited June 27, 2018

Guys, go home, get some sleep. Come in early when the server load is low to bolt the spaghetti code together. I'm not going to die because I have to wait an extra day. Good luck with it.

• @Yolanda.8416 said:
    this is not the first time on guild wars 2 history with story login problems !
    No Comunication on german Forum

Why say the patch notes Problem is fixed.
    Login to sotry is possible max time in story 2 mins then game crash

Fix the Problem @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

They never said Problem is fixed., They listed the issues they did fix and it didn't mention the Network Issue (at least the last set of patch notes didn't). It's just a game, for crying out loud. Go play something else for the night and try tomorrow, it won't kill you.

• Angoril.2179Angoril.2179 Member ✭✭

Extremely disappointed with the way this is going today. After laughing at the failure that was the release of Bless Online, Anet takes the lead by releasing content that breaks the entire game... after delaying said content for quality control.

I honestly hope the rest of the season releases will be without such major issues otherwise PoF was the last expansion I bought. Even F2P MMORPGs, which are notorious for bad patches, have better release states than this.

• I keep getting DC'd in PvP matches two straight! then with time outs! I'm bleeding points here! someone fix this PLEASE!

• @Industria.9260 said:
    Oh man, the sheer number of tantrums in this thread. [passes out the popcorn]
    But seriously, thanks for working hard on trying to fix this, Anet. It's pretty obvious people were working late. It's pretty ridiculous to expect the devs to work overnight for the pleasure of a few spoiled brats.

ur right man

• Srsly Anet do you even test the updates? This time with a few weeks delay and it's even worse than first day of PoF release! Can't login with any character anymore!

• I adore that there are so many people that are sympathetic to Devs and the technology teams that are working on fixes for this issue but i have to say the real issue here is the release should have been rolled back by now. If your deployment strategy doesn't allow this it's time to look at the architectural decisions that were made that prevent this. I'm a DevOps engineer and i manage multiple deployment systems on very large production systems and i understand multi-platform systems like this are very complicated and hidden issues can come up. There are good arguments for ANet to take a better look at their deployment strategies and implementing configuration managed full stack environments is probably one of them but regardless of your environment or where you're at architecturally now, roll back strategies are principle to all deployment systems.

I wish the devs good luck in hunting them bugs and fixing these issues but a serious look at your deployment strategy and SRE policies needs to be done in the post mortem of this incident.

• This topic is fun.
    Well, I mean, frustrated? Yeah... A bit... But it is a free expansion so w/e...
    Might as well play something else in the meanwhile.

• This is still bugged, I'm still getting disconnected when I enter the storyline, and the patch only made it worse.

• @Kassil.3705 said:

@Sapphire Artemis.3062 said:

@Thefarside.2178 said:
    Wait, tomorrow morning? You guys are calling it a day? Players/fans/loyalist have waited over 10 hours and you are waiting until tomorrow? Got it.

It's not the first time we've had to wait a day. Head of the Snake was delayed entirely for about 25 hours (A blizzard knocked out the studio's power). These things happen. Chill. Wait. Go back to other maps and grab some Mastery Points you don't have yet. Mount is gonna need a lot of them. Or do the Fractal. Or play another game. It's not like we pay a sub fee for GW2.

You're talking at Serious Gamers. Whenever a patch drops and anything goes wrong at all, they throw a screaming tantrum the entire time until they get distracted and run off after the shiny. They're people with no experience at game development and design who think they're experts, who think they're owed everything for spending almost nothing, and who have no idea how pretty much every MMOG is. SWTOR? Good luck, you might get to log in a day or two after a content patch - because that's how long it takes to patch. Anything from Blizzard? Try next week, they might have things working after the servers stop crashing. You name it, every MMO suffers it, every one of these people shriek about it every single time. Like clockwork, because they demand instant gratification.

Outside of the startling generalization - I think it is acceptable for "gamers" to expect more from companies they support. When did it become ok to release incomplete/buggy products to the gaming community? When did our standards become so low that we simply chop it up to "this happens, wait a few days"...if the intent is to wait a few days each time content is released, why release it? Do you have such low standards for other things in your life that you support?

• TheGuru.4305TheGuru.4305 Member ✭✭

@Industria.9260 said:
    Oh man, the sheer number of tantrums in this thread. [passes out the popcorn]

That is quite snobbish of you bud. Speaking for myself here (but I've seen many with the same problem) but this latest patch needed to be rolled back prior to them leaving for the night. Before the patch, we could play the game... just not the new living story line. After the patch I can't do anything in the game at all, on any character. ONCE I got in for 3 minutes and d/c. We are complaining because it is now so much WORSE, not because we can't do a story line. That I'm happy to wait on.

• alphafert.6730alphafert.6730 Member ✭✭✭

I crashed and couldn't connect with any character, restarted my pc and casn now get in. I was on the meet the ghosts quest. May or may not try the quest again

• Logged in just a few minutes ago, tried the new story and got a crash maybe thirty seconds into it? And now every time I try to load any of my characters I get a "network error" and the game closes. :/ I know you guys will fix it eventually, just wish I could do other things.

• ROLLER BEETLES!!!!!!

• Yolanda.8416Yolanda.8416 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

@EagleDelta.4726 said:

They never said Problem is fixed., They listed the issues they did fix and it didn't mention the Network Issue (at least the last set of patch notes didn't). It's just a game, for crying out loud. Go play something else for the night and try tomorrow, it won't kill you.

From German Patchnotes site!
    Ein Problem wurde behoben, durch welches der Aufgaben-Fortschritt blockiert wurde, nachdem Spieler im Kapitel „Gefahr erkannt, Gefahr gebannt“ der Lebendigen Welt-Episode „Lang lebe der Lich“ mit den Altehrwürdigen Königinnen sprachen oder Taimi und Blish am Portal trafen.

From English Patchnote site
    Fixed an issue that blocked quest progress after players talked to the Primeval Queens or rendezvoused with Taimi and Blish at the portal in the "Forearmed Is Forewarned" chapter of the Living World episode "Long Live the Lich."

• The patch was clearly not ready for today/this week. I'm pretty disappointed. In other new the fractal was nice and a great throw back to GW1.

• Its a shame it'll take even longer to fix the issues. I'd settle for at least being able to log on and do other things besides the story, but I can't even do that without getting disconnected.

• @Jazun.5862 said:
    I adore that there are so many people that are sympathetic to Devs and the technology teams that are working on fixes for this issue but i have to say the real issue here is the release should have been rolled back by now. If your deployment strategy doesn't allow this it's time to look at the architectural decisions that were made that prevent this. I'm a DevOps engineer and i manage multiple deployment systems on very large production systems and i understand multi-platform systems like this are very complicated and hidden issues can come up. There are good arguments for ANet to take a better look at their deployment strategies and implementing configuration managed full stack environments is probably one of them but regardless of your environment or where you're at architecturally now, roll back strategies are principle to all deployment systems.

I wish the devs good luck in hunting them bugs and fixing these issues but a serious look at your deployment strategy and SRE policies needs to be done in the post mortem of this incident.

While I whole heartedly agree with you (DevOps Engineer here as well), I don't think games have the DevOps capability that many other software applications have. They take a LOT more time to build and roll back (from what I can tell) and it seems that the Game Development industry as a whole is very much still in the Waterfall Development process. The few game devs I've talked to (some fairly well know, most are not) are very resistant to Agile and DevOps methodologies.

• Scarr.5964Scarr.5964 Member ✭✭

@nonetito.9164 said:
    Almost 10 hours since the error and still not working...
    I'm indignant.
    Shame on you, Anet.

I'm frustrated too, but it's not like they're lazy. I'm sure that there are several developers much more frustrated than you trying to fix it, also this is more or less free content...just wanna put that in context. Chill dude, you must have something else you can do for a second.

• Blaeys.3102Blaeys.3102 Member ✭✭✭

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

While many of us understand that these things take time, the last patch note should have explicitly explained that this issue hasn't been fixed yet. The first thing almost everyone did was log in thinking they could continue their story - when in reality it simply let us advance at most another 15 seconds before experiencing the crashes over and over.

While the last fix is a positive thing, from a player's perspective, it didn't really do anything that let us continue the story or experience the update at all. The poorly worded patch notes were unclear - trying too hard to emphasize the progress made without explaining the actual impact on gameplay (which was next to nil).

Again, thank you all for the gargantuan effort you are obviously making, but you need to be upfront and clearer in how you communicate these things. All this did was make things more frustrating for players trying to experience the story.

• I Think the devs rushed this ep, i know that this should have been out a long while ago , but common guys try to give time to the devs for 1 more day(hopefully that will be enough)

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

Hmmm yes getting a bit sick of repeating a step and then server connection drops a deja vu moment each time I try to log

• nonetito.9164nonetito.9164 Member
    edited June 27, 2018

@SlothPowah.1072 said:
    Gamedev is really hard dude. I'm just as frustrated as you about this, but whining about it won't make it happen faster.

Really? I'm not a game developer but, in fact, I'm a developer and if I am responsible of something like this I would get inmediately fired.

Don't tell me what should I can be whining about.

@Scarr.5964 said:
    I'm frustrated too, but it's not like they're lazy. I'm sure that there are several developers much more frustrated than you trying to fix it, also this is more or less free content...just wanna put that in context. Chill dude, you must have something else you can do for a second.

It's free content, but maybe we bought the game because they said this would be free so... It's free cause it must be free.

Not a second, 10 hours and those that remain. And I'm mad because it happens every time they implement something in the game; they break it. It's a nonsense!

• I wasn't even aware there was a new mount, I've still been trying to play catch up with content from Living Season 3, HoT, and PoT...and I can't even login...
    :(

• Angoril.2179Angoril.2179 Member ✭✭

@EagleDelta.4726 said:
    You clearly have no idea how production deployments of incredibly load intensive, complex systems work. No amount of testing on an application like this can test every variable that is brought on by thousands of players accessing the backend at once. It can be simulated, sure, but it's still a simulation and it sure cannot test against human ingenuity on how the game is played/used. This happens, get over it. This is nothing compared to some of the head scratching outages and bugs I've had to deal with in my career.

If the issue was on the new instances alone it would be one thing, when it affects the entire game, don't expect me to be sympathetic towards them. In the end, it's not my job to know how they do their job, I am here as a paying customer, expecting a working product. This is not what they delivered today, they delivered something broken that affected everything else in the game.

• maaan ,the scarab plague is bad ...... it also infects the game seems like!

• Yolanda.8416Yolanda.8416 Member ✭✭

@NEOTHEGAMER.9824 said:
    I Think the devs rushed this ep, i know that this should have been out a long while ago , but common guys try to give time to the devs for 1 more day(hopefully that will be enough)

No! the time was long enough

I think the devs at home sleeping and the intent`s try to fix the problems

• @EagleDelta.4726 said:

@Jazun.5862 said:
    I adore that there are so many people that are sympathetic to Devs and the technology teams that are working on fixes for this issue but i have to say the real issue here is the release should have been rolled back by now. If your deployment strategy doesn't allow this it's time to look at the architectural decisions that were made that prevent this. I'm a DevOps engineer and i manage multiple deployment systems on very large production systems and i understand multi-platform systems like this are very complicated and hidden issues can come up. There are good arguments for ANet to take a better look at their deployment strategies and implementing configuration managed full stack environments is probably one of them but regardless of your environment or where you're at architecturally now, roll back strategies are principle to all deployment systems.

While I whole heartedly agree with you (DevOps Engineer here as well), I don't think games have the DevOps capability that many other software applications have. They take a LOT more time to build and roll back (from what I can tell) and it seems that the Game Development industry as a whole is very much still in the Waterfall Development process. The few game devs I've talked to (some fairly well know, most are not) are very resistant to Agile and DevOps methodologies.

That's very disappointing to hear but it does bare witness to a lot of the terrible deployments I've seen come from the gaming industry.

• I can get to character select but i get a lost connection error when i go the the game.

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LPTimme.6173 said:
    please treat the devs as normal human beings. they're no machines. they still become tired, exhausted etc.. of course it is annoying not being able to play, but beep happens and the they will roll out a patch when the breaking bugs are fixed. (not the scarabs and roller beetles of course ;) )

be kind. It's still just a game. <3

No, it's a service!
    Which they didn't provide...
    If your Internet went down because they messed up something, you'd be up their case all day! Same thing here, they messed up, their incompetence impacted people's lives in a real way. You can be a fan boy all day long, but that doesn't stop the matter that this is unacceptable, especially from a release that was already delayed to "polish it"... If this is "polished", i wouldn't want to see a "rough" release... What would that do? Format your hard-drives?
    It's not like they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts! The Roller beetle was designed to get people back into the game, and to sell skins.
    Their silence about skin packs is another sign of their "goodwill"!

This is not the first time these issues arise, they should have had enough time to figure out where these connectivity issues when joining instances arise from and solve it.
    They didn't do it, and this is just the worse kind of publicity. What kind of game company that has been on the "MMORPG" (GW1 wasn't a real MMORPG) business for 14 years, and has a nearly 6 year old game, and still fails a release this spectacularly and completely.
    Not only that, but Living world has been the last shred of quality this game has, PvP is a stain, WvW is a joke, PvE is the only redeeming feature this game has left, and the latest releases have consistently come with issues and delays.
    If people that have been playing this consistently for the last almost 6 years are questioning why they're still doing this, you can bet your pants that the influx of people that came in from Bless's flop will too!

• @MuddWolf.3586 said:
    The game, yes, has crashed many times. But everyone needs to keep a straight head. I know how much we all want to see what happens next, or just really want that new mount :). ArenaNet is trying very hard to fix this issue. I know were all excited, but just get a nice warm cup of milk, go to sleep, and wake up tomorrow morning when the issue will most likely be fixed. Good luck players! :)

The problem is They gave a promise that on this day the patch would be up and people had faith to believe it... However, this was not the case and I speak for many fans that truly love this game and work full time job that when we put time off to enjoy this new content and the are unable to play it on the day promised and will have to wait several days more till the next time you can play is extremely frustrating. When i go to sleep tonight i wake up at 4 am go to work at 5 am get off at 5 pm and have other obligations till 7-8pm then go to bead and repeat till the next off day. So now the day I set aside for this date they promised is well half wasted... I understand they are trying but there is no harm in stalling release another week to ensure this doesnt happen. I love this game and the way they do business, but it doesnt mean im not disappointed that I set time aside for this game.

• Vaughn.8172Vaughn.8172 Member ✭✭

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

--- Sorry it's been an aggravating day for Anet. Thing's will hopefully improve in to tonight and in to tomorrow. May you all get some good rest and see you back tomorrow Anet!

• Xenorak.2154Xenorak.2154 Member ✭✭

I think if you abandon/quit the LS episode, and go through the portal you can at least get to the new map

• Xenorak.2154Xenorak.2154 Member ✭✭

It worked for me

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Kind of want to kill myself but also kinda appreciating the fun people were having in Kourna lfg section today and let it go

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• JDub.1530JDub.1530 Member ✭✭✭

There's a problem with the new Fractal as well. We were on the final boss and got booted, and can't log back in.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hunter.6950 said:
    The patch was clearly not ready for today/this week. I'm pretty disappointed. In other new the fractal was nice and a great throw back to GW1.

Actually it was, the error was a total surprise and no amount of time would have fixed it since it had something to do with the patch going truly live

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Conqueror.3682Conqueror.3682 Member ✭✭✭

Now i got a rift which teleports me to Kourna

Man this is a disaster, i dont wanna get spoiled withouth doing the story, some people can do the instance while the other half is full of errors.....

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

• Zephic.3075Zephic.3075 Member ✭✭

Well, it's been a rather frustrating hour of getting completely disconnected from the game during the first new story instance and then not being able to log in, getting the 1083:5:7:1595:101 on every single character on my account. Hoping that they fix this issue tomorrow.

• INB4: Week patch marathon inc

• Kirigaya Kazuto.8547Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

"With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently."Rubi Bayer May 29th18
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41775/season-4-episode-3-is-on-the-horizon#latest

Well good job Anet! This was the so called quality you were talking about? :D

• Exdrell.6934Exdrell.6934 Member ✭✭

Yeah it's frustrating, I'm sure everyone of us was hyped about the new ep, but blaming the team won't solve it.
    The thing I don't get, is why gw2 doesn't have any test server (such as overwatch has) where they can release it and test it and stuff. I think something like that could help prevent this kind of situation.

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:
    "With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently."Rubi Bayer May 29th18
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41775/season-4-episode-3-is-on-the-horizon#latest

Well good job Anet! This was the so called quality you were talking about? :D

It is! The cs trash works flawlessly!

• finished forearmed and forwarned story step but at the end of instance got an error saying i couldnt leave lol now i cant get back on character
    dosnt sound like anyone has made it this far yet so just letting u know where i managed to get to

• @Exdrell.6934 said:
    Yeah it's frustrating, I'm sure everyone of us was hyped about the new ep, but blaming the team won't solve it.
    The thing I don't get, is why gw2 doesn't have any test server (such as overwatch has) where they can release it and test it and stuff. I think something like that could help prevent this kind of situation.

Agreed. A PTR or similar sort of beta server would definitely help mitigate these sorts of issues on big days like this. Would probably take some time to implement, but would be definitely be worth it.

• foozlesprite.8051foozlesprite.8051 Member ✭✭✭

First of all, a huge thanks to the devs and community managers wading through the salt mine here to try to get helpful details. It's not easy to work so hard under this much pressure, especially when said work is being scoffed at. I appreciate your dedication.

Here is my piece of hopefully-useful information: I logged into LA after the patch and was able to do a little inventorizing at the bank before I was disconnected. As others are reporting, I could not log back in to that character for a while - I got a loading screen while trying to, and then I disconnected again. My error code was 1083:5:7:1596:101.

I exited the game client entirely, gave it a few minutes, and was able to get back in. My inventory had reverted - I received the daily chest again (it was a rewind rather than a duplicate - I got the same chest both times I logged in, but only the second one's contents stuck around). I was able to stably finish with my inventory, interact with merchants, and log out without disconnecting again.

I was then able to reopen the client, use teleport to friend to get to Kourna (thank you, squads that are organizing this), and grab the waypoints and Kourna portal scroll. However, I cannot use the Kourna portal scroll or waypoints - they give me a 'cannot gain access to the login server, commonly caused by firewall, security applications, etc.' message. The ID for that error, regardless of whether I'm using the scroll or waypoints, is 19:9:13:1599:101.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.