ep 4.3 bug. Forearmed is forewarned is broken

@blackheartgary.8605 said:sadly, after a multitude of attempted logins and disconnects, logins and immediately brought to the beginning of the desert highlands map even though that's not where it crashed for me, downloading the recent patch, and still getting instantly disconnected, unable to access any of my characters... I'm starting to see how frustrated people are. While I am highly appreciative of all that arenanet staff has done so far, i know it's gotta be even tougher for them having to fix the errors in the game amidst hearing everyone complain about what they cannot do... we, as the community need to be a wee bit more understanding that while we want the new hotness and get mad when we don't get what we want, that very notion is a bit immature, and we should recognize how hard it actually is for arenanet to do the amazing job they are doing.

While i get what you're saying, it's a bug forum thread. Not a pat anet on the back thread. If i were a dev i wouldn't worry too much about all the complaining, it's going to happen here, a lot. I'd be more worried about what exactly is going wrong and if any of these comments can help solve that issue. If people feel the need to list their problems and frustrations, go right ahead. Maybe something listed by a player might help spark a solution and solve the problem.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to actually get into Forewarned for a bit, and complete enough of it and play long enough to get the Decimation achieve. (I won't spoil anything) I'm currently showing as the only one on gw2efficiency with it, so I must have been the luckiest player. Until it disconnected. Now I can't get back on, same errors as those above. But something was working for a while.

@"Kos Luftar.9214" said:Keep crashing in first mission "Siezed" right after a character says "...perfect specimen slash pet." Then I cannot load into that character until I load into another that doesn't have living world active. Tried twice crashed twice...time to try a third time.

Third time...can't load any character.

Added "- repair" to launcher, took 5-10min to repair but was able to finish first instance, without any crashing.

Update: Have been able to load into Forearmed is Forwarned...hope it won't crash.

@"Ski Feasa.6312" said:Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

However, despite this I do want to thank the devs for working on this and for all the hard work they have been putting in trying to get all the bugs that have popped up taken care. I know its a lot. So much appreciated. Here's to hoping everything will be smoothed over soon and we can all get back to enjoying the new episode. =)

@Ski Feasa.6312 said:

@Ski Feasa.6312 said:Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

However, despite this I do want to thank the devs for working on this and for all the hard work they have been putting in trying to get all the bugs that have popped up taken care. I know its a lot. So much appreciated. Here's to hoping everything will be smoothed over soon and we can all get back to enjoying the new episode. =)

Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still fucked up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they fuck up this badly?

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Ski Feasa.6312 said:Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

You know, software gets released that has discovered bugs after release all the time. Find me a single game that don't have problems. They don't exist.

So stop acting like this is some kind of incompetence. Unless you can find me a single piece of software ever that has never had bugs.

@Morfedel.4165 said:

Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

You know, software gets released that has discovered bugs after release all the time. Find me a single game that don't have problems. They don't exist.

So stop acting like this is some kind of incompetence. Unless you can find me a single piece of software ever that has never had bugs.

To take an extra month, then still have the content completely inaccessable? Every game has problems, but none are this bad. Other games you can at least access the some of the content. Other games don't continue to push forward with a glitch that bugs people out so badly they can't even access the game without rebooting.

As a consumer, you should look into aquiring some standards for the companies you patronize.

@Egorum.9506 said:Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

@Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games