Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Drecien.4508 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:Chests are back up and prices dropping, the system works!

They issue has been fixed?!? Why was there no update note???

Not sure, maybe to be sneaky? Or to keep all the shines to themselves?

Elsewhere, the truth leaked out... some developer was a teensy bit lazy about sending in their contribution for the patch notes, and it missed the deadline. (Presumably for translation to other languages, etc)

(I assume a developer, because as one, I can tell you we are super bad at doing paperwork in a timely fashion.)

@Daddicus.6128 said:It is most definitely not fixed, at least not completely. I've been to four five six seven zones, and none of them had the chest available.

Funny. Perhaps because you have been opening a few during the bug phase of the past four weeks?

@Ashantara.8731 said:So, this can be done daily then, 10 chests per day?

Does someone happen to know the respawn time?

Well, could it be that the bubbles that you get from the sunken chests are now put into a spot in the bank automatically now? If you hit the options gear, then selected deposit all materials, your bubbles would have gone to the material storage. I did get loot from my first chest in a couple weeks today. They are near the bottom of the ascended materials.

@Phatt Dude.7538 said:Well, could it be that the bubbles that you get from the sunken chests are now put into a spot in the bank automatically now?

No. There is not a single material that does that, unless you explicitly select to store them.

@Industria.9260 said:Finally managed to use up my 20ish keys. Yay!

How were you able to open 20 in one go?? :o

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I was able to check them all after all. 9 were available to loot, but the 10th was not (Timberline Falls).

Was the Timberline Falls one already "completed" in this round of the achievement? You still have to unlock all ten and complete the cycle before they reset after this fix. It didn't reset progress on Master Diver.

Seems to be (mostly) fixed. I put one character on each of the ten chests and split up my keys. What I found was this:

1. The first load-in all of the chests that were previously unavailable could now be looted

2. Upon completion of the achievement, each time you load into the map again the chest is still open/non-interactable

3. If you go back to character select and log in again, it will be available to open. A tedious and time-consuming process but unless you store up a lot of keys again it should rarely be an issue.

4. If you don't have any keys in your inventory, you will still be able to channel the chest. When the channel finishes, it will just give you a message stating somewhat vaguely "You are not able to open this chest."

5. If you open a chest on a lower level character (not sure what the cutoff is) you will not receive any swimspeed infusions (made this mistake once)

Hmm, is it time gated now? Or still a bit wobbly? I'm missing three chests for the next achievement completion, all three are shown as already open and cannot be interacted with. Same happened yesterday more or less, but with other chests. Still have 13 keys in stock...

Confirming that I was able to use all 27 of my keys to open sunken chests in a one-hour period. Acquiring a key by killing 10 kraits is a time-gated daily, but opening chests is not time-gated (or at least by so short a time that I didn't notice.)

Starting after the fix officially appeared in the release notes, at about 10pm EST on Tuesday, I completed my 6 remaining previously bugged chests. Completing the 10th chest reset the Master Diver achievement immediately. I was then able to open the next set of 10 chests, twice. Nice surprise, since I thought it'd be plausible that after opening 10 chests, I might have to wait for a daily reset for a full new round of Master Diver. I did this on a single character, if that matters.

What I noticed, that might help others, is that if I hung around the 10th chest that I'd opened, it didn't seem to reset. But if I went to another chest/map (I didn't need to log out), all chests were reset and ready to open. In one case I even hopped right back to the 9th chest I'd opened to see if there might be an individual chest timer, but I was able to open it. So the order of opening chests didn't matter, as long as I didn't open any chest twice in a row, even upon reset of Master Diver.