ep 4.3 bug. Forearmed is forewarned is broken

So my character is stuck on this one. It tells me to take the portal. I get the start instance message. Click yes and then get teleported to the new area but I'm not in an instance. So I can't progress at all. Joined someone else who was on that quest this afternoon hoping that I will get progress completion when they finish it. Did the whole long instance from start to finish and did not get progress update. At the moment I am contemplating just quiting the episode and restarting it :<

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Genei.7502" said:I had to restart the instance one time due to a bug in detecting destroyed turrets, but otherwise it went well.

I'm confused with how the "stealth" works as enemies seem to "see" me even when I'm standing still frequently.

Thank you dev team! I've been on the other side of bad releases and I know it must have been very stressful.

Yeah... no. I am so turned off by "stealth missions" that I would sooner sit out the entire episode than replay this instance. I absolutely loathe them, especially in MMOs.

@"Sinfullysweet.4517" said::'( Sin is SadDNLk6go.png

Be aware that the Spoiler Box text is indeed a spoiler!

I DC either

! during the fight with the beast masteror during the loading screen when i chose a character. Yours is the error message it get, every time… :cry:After I DC, the game crash and try to restart itself. it then get stuck in a white screen before character select.

@"Xykris.6758" said:Nothing Fixed at all! got in, crashed, now I'm getting this:uih8Sjg.jpg

This AM, cannot login to ANY character in the Crystal Desert areas. Login to basic GW2 "seems to be" ok-- I am able to login to LA and Black Citadel. But otherwise, just get "Network Error" Code 1083:5:7:1596:101". Since this the ONLY site that gives me this error (my internet connection works fine everyplace else), I can only "presume" that this is an ANET server issue. I'm now going to run a GW2 Diagnostics and will add the report.

@undouble.1472 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:Nothing Fixed at all! got in, crashed, now I'm getting this:
uih8Sjg.jpg

This AM, cannot login to ANY character in the Crystal Desert areas. Login to basic GW2 "seems to be" ok-- I am able to login to LA and Black Citadel. But otherwise, just get "Network Error" Code 1083:5:7:1596:101". Since this the ONLY site that gives me this error (my internet connection works fine everyplace else), I can only "presume" that this is an ANET server issue. I'm now going to run a GW2 Diagnostics and will add the report.

Don't know if this will be of ANY assistance to you (or just wasting space) but here's my latest Diagnostics report.ArenaNet diagnostic utility [61265]

MODERATOR EDIT: REPORT REMOVED AS IT CONTAINED PII.

I wasn't even doing the story quest, I was simply in the new zone exploring and got disconnected again. Same as everyone else for message "Check your internet" which is clearly not the issue. I can't return on any character either..... again. Please fix, this is getting old now.

Ok, don't know if this helps at all...

I have three accounts. Two of them I can log in with no problems at all. The third I can't log in - I get the Network Error message.

The account that can't log in is the only account that was logged in yesterday. It was logged in before the update and i was playing. I logged out immediately the update became available, patched and logged in. I accepted the Living World prompt but declined to begin, sending it to my journal. I then did the Krait daily in Caledon Forest, got the key and moved to a couple of maps to try and open chests but the chests still seemed bugged for me. If I recall correctly the maps were Kessex and Gendarran Fields b ut I may well be misremembering that. I disconnected soon afterwards, before I had decided what to do next.

I then logged back in a couple of times but got dc'd quickly so I gave up. I didn't try to play GW2 again until 3pm London time today, Wednesday. I logged in one of the other accounts (that didn;t play at all yesterday), did my dailies, did the Krait daily, finished the Sunken Treasure Achievement (thanks for fixing the chests) for which I had six chests to open, then I did a second full round of chests. That took me an hour. No DCs, no problems.

I then tried to log in the account I was playing yesterday but it cannot log in. It gets the Network Error repeatedly. Twice I got it before I could reach character select, once at character select. When I did get to character select I chose a character who hadn't lgged on yesterday (I think - he certainly wasn't played yesterday - conceivably I logged him in and didn;t get to play him but I don't think so). The game dc'd on a Network Error as soon as I hit Play.

I logged in my third account, again not played yesterday, and I'm in game on that account now as I type - have been in with no issues for about 15 minutes.

I conclude that whatever the problem is it's something that got changed specifically on the account that was on during the first build of the update. I haven't done anything at all with any of the new content on the account that can't log in (or indeed on the others that can).

Also possibly relevant, the account that can't log in is the only one flagged for Path of Fire and therefore the only one that has done any of the previous LW content from this season.

Edit: After completing my dailies (and helping to save Hills) on the third account, I tried logging the one that was getting the Network Error in again. This time I got to character create and picked a character I haven't played for several weeks. She was able to log in. A second not-recently -played character also got in so I tried the character I was doing the Krait stuff with yesterday. He was able to log in but his loading screen, which showed Frostgorge Sound, flipped to Iron Marches, where he arrived in game at the waypoint next to the zone portal. I then logged him out and logged in the character I normally do LW stuff with. Currently he's in game and I'm about to try the new Chapter. We'll see how that goes...

Edit 2: It went fine. Played without any issues (or bugs) for about two hours. Whatever the issue was it seems to have gone.

• ArenaNet Staff

@undouble.1472 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:Nothing Fixed at all! got in, crashed, now I'm getting this:
uih8Sjg.jpg

Don't know if this will be of ANY assistance to you (or just wasting space) but here's my latest Diagnostics report.ArenaNet diagnostic utility [61265]

MODERATOR EDIT: REPORT REMOVED AS IT CONTAINED PII.

I wanted to mention that we removed the diagnostic report, for security reasons. I've let the devs know that it's available if they need it. I will delete the file tonight if the report is not needed.

UPDATE: @undouble.1472 -- Can you tell me when the report was created and what problem you were experiencing?

I can't play either. I enterned the Forearmed instance, almost finished it, crashed and now I can't reenter the instance, when i use the rift it teleports me to new map and I can't continue the story.I guess I will wait another 24h :/

I learned my lessons by one of the first new storyline, to not play it from launch. So now I wait ussually a week or 2 so all the bugs are fixed. But not the new patch is even preventing me from play gw2 at all. I am no expert but does it not ussually go the other way arround? That with each patch you would improve the testing etc?Hope they dont loze to much new players with this :(

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

@Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games

It's not free. You have to buy PoF to access it.

Yes, this stuff isn't easy which is why we pay $30 for mount skins so they can, presumably, pay people who know what they are doing.

@Substance E.4852 pay to play means paying real money for powerful weapons to be better than other people by just paying cash than just playing. i never said you dint need to buy the expansions and stuff but the amount of content we do get, most games would charge for all that and buying gems with real money is optional, but a great deal of the time they are just cosmetic skins.

@DragoBlack.2657 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

@Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games

It's not free. You have to buy PoF to access it.

Yes, this stuff isn't easy which is why we pay $30 for mount skins so they can, presumably, pay people who know what they are doing.

@Substance E.4852 pay to play means paying real money for powerful weapons to be better than other people by just paying cash than just playing. i never said you dint need to buy the expansions and stuff but the amount of content we do get, most games would charge for all that and buying gems with real money is optional, but a great deal of the time they are just cosmetic skins.

no, that's pay to win, pay to play means sub fee game

I'll add my voice to this thread. I was playing this quest, crashed, loaded back up, started quest again, crashed a second time, and now my ENTIRE game is broken. I can get to login, select a toon, but when I try to enter the game, I immediately crashed with the "network error" message.

To clarify, even logging in on another toon into anywhere else in the game still crashes the game. Whatever this bug is has completely locked me out of gw2.