Core professions and fratcals — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Core professions and fratcals

Hi guys, can you help me? I don't know if the core professions (without any dlc) are vaiable in fractals. I'm interested in guardian mainly. Also it can be elementalist, thief, mesmer, but guardian is the main for fractals. I know that I probably can do fractals with core professions but don't know if it wise. And if it ok, which is the limit of fractal level?

Comments

• Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kreslin.6832 said:
    Also it can be elementalist, thief, mesmer, but guardian is the main for fractals. I know that I probably can do fractals with core professions but don't know if it wise.

Most core professions are viable in fractals. Elementalist, guardian and thief are core professions that are still viable. However, the same thing cannot be said for core mesmer. It's not a bad profession, it's just that it's not exactly the best profession when it comes to fractals because Chronomancer has better support for allies which is why people prefer to have Chronomancers rather than core mesmers or even Mirage.

Karras The Engineer

• Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭

Core guardi and war are able to pull off dps that can compete with especs. The others can do fine, but they can't compete with their especs in terms of dps or utility/support.

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

I think atleast core ele and core guard are viable picks. Maybe not optimal if ESpecs are included but viable. Can pull off respectable DPS.
    Atleast if you run with guildies/friends, you can probably carry your own weight with either. PUGs may not be informed well enough to believe you.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

What fractal level? In lower ones you can play whatever you want, but t4 fractals (75-100) will require more defined builds. Considering that you dont have expacs, you probably wont get much agony resist (for a reasonable amount of time and gold), so I wouldnt worry too much about builds, as long as they have a focus (no hybrid mixes, no traits all over the place, go full dps since low fractals are way too easy to make healers useful).

Warrior is currently the only core class which has 0 downside without an elite spec, but guard and thief can also have strong damage output (compared to their elite spec build). Everything else is much better with elite spec.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.