Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

Really helpful advice, Bellefon, thanks a lot! I had indeed one character per location camping to open each chest. Visiting the place with a different character made the chests accessable. Leaving the map and re-entering it with the same character helped once, but not always.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Oh, and I tried logging out and back in; no luck.In my case, zoning seemed to be the key (if you'll pardon the weak pun). I logged in on a bugged chest; it still looked bugged. Zoned to somewhere else for a while; came back - problem sorted.

I did the ten with ten different characters. And, to the later posters, no, I hadn't already done it in the cycle. I'll try again today.

Just did my daily opening round on my accounts, and found one bugged account:

http://img.pichoster.eu/672f1a07gw082.jpg

Last opened all chests about 24 hours ago.

Nevertheless, started the achievement and voila:

http://img.pichoster.eu/c49afd25gw083.jpg

Its a bit weird, because on my other account I could re-open that chest I opened last without any trouble. Maybe it was a bit too close to 24 hour timer? Might check that tomorrow.

First character, in the zone that didn't work yesterday, worked. Could not loot a second time (which is probably expected). Second and third characters also could not loot. I then logged all the way out (to get the patch that just was issued), and they both worked this time. First character checked again, and could not loot.

Fourth character could not loot. Logged all the way out and back in, and now he can. Fifth through tenth characters could not loot. Logged out to character select and back in (with each character). Then they could each loot.

Back to the first character, just to see if it had reset. No. Went to character select, and then it had. I looted it, and received the Master Diver achievement a second time. However, this was slightly after midnight (my time). Could be an unintended effect.

So, I don't think it's working perfectly (we shouldn't have to zone twice for every chest). But, it does seem to be working.

I opened the last two chests; achievement reset. Once they've all been opened and it resets, I should be able to open it again, yes? Chest did not reset; it remained open and not accessible to open again. Waited around a bit, nothing changed. Logged out to character select and then back in, chest still open/not working. Logged out, shut down game entirely, restarted: now chest is closed and it let me open it.

See my posts above. It's still not completely fixed. Characters already in the zone when they log in will see a looted chest. Log out (to character select) and back in, and the chest can usually be looted (I predict, Udolpho, that your experience was a special case). I reported this in-game, but it probably needs to be reported often, or else they may not know about it.

I looted 14 chests the second day it was back, getting master diver twice and three chests towards the third time. So, there don't appear to be any limits; any limits that were speculated to exist (before the fix) were obviously just offshoots of the bug(s).

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:If there are continuing issues, could you please post details in this thread? Thank you.

I still have an issue...what kind of details do you need?

Today [6 chests was "looted already"](https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hvfPiieQEzltiufjkZ8GX0p4UMDZQZWc "6 chests was "looted already""), using 9 characters, basically one parked per chest.

Cheers

@jpersson.7368 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:If there are continuing issues, could you please post details in this thread? Thank you.

I still have an issue...what kind of details do you need?

Today [6 chests was "looted already"](
"6 chests was "looted already""), using 9 characters, basically one parked per chest.

Cheers

Try logging out to character select and then back in. So far, that has worked every time I tried it. It's still a bug, but at least you can get the chests.

I tried to open chests. I still have a problem. Basically there are 10 different locations and when I open 1 of them then 24 hrs later it won't work again. Someone said you can only open a location again when you have done all 10 on this list. This isn't good :/ I opened all 10 already. Then weeks went by and if I open some then it is a pain. We should just be able to open ANY sunken chest as long as 24 hrs has gone by :(

@aandiarie.7195 said:I tried to open chests. I still have a problem. Basically there are 10 different locations and when I open 1 of them then 24 hrs later it won't work again. Someone said you can only open a location again when you have done all 10 on this list. This isn't good :/ I opened all 10 already. Then weeks went by and if I open some then it is a pain. We should just be able to open ANY sunken chest as long as 24 hrs has gone by :(

The design is that you open all ten, completing the Master Diver achievement, and then they all reset so that you can do it again.

This may not be what I would have preferred, but it is how it was designed, and that is unlikely to change regardless of the bug.

@aandiarie.7195 said:I tried to open chests. I still have a problem. Basically there are 10 different locations and when I open 1 of them then 24 hrs later it won't work again. Someone said you can only open a location again when you have done all 10 on this list. This isn't good :/ I opened all 10 already. Then weeks went by and if I open some then it is a pain. We should just be able to open ANY sunken chest as long as 24 hrs has gone by :(

To repeat: log out to character select with that character, and then log right back in. It will then work.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Sirian.3689" said:I tried to open the first chest of 10 again after the bug was stated fixed in release notes today, result it looks like it opens but no gain and I still have 31 spare keys.

Thank you for that info!

Is anyone else coming across this as well?

I was able to all of the ones in the achievement except the Sunken Chest in Iron Marches. I have tried the last few days after the patch was released, on different toons, and also tried the log out to character select screen and then back in. It will allow me to loot the chest, however does not give progress toward the "Master Diver" achievement or the "Master Diver: Iron Marches". At least I got loot! :smiley: lol

EDIT: I just looked, it gave me loot and opened the chest with both toons I tried, however did not consume the key

I was able to open the chests a number of times but then, like last time, I got interrupted while channeling the opening of the chest. Instead of the chest just remaining open like in the previous bug it looks like it can be opened. Now says "You are unable to open the chest." after channeling and this is happening in multiple maps.