Plague Scarab Egg bugged

I can confirm that this won't happen if you start with the plague experiment farthest away. The zerg focuses on ones closest to the dead asuran and by the time you get to those, it's less likely that you can do enough damage to get credit for the collection.

The underlying mechanic for getting credit in all things GW2 is doing damage. You have to get in enough hits before the NPC/object dies. Often, we don't realize it's too late, because the health bar isn't gone yet, but there's always some delay between what is actually going on & what we see.

Start at the southern most experiment room, alone, ignore the foes there, and do some damage. By the time you need help, others will have arrived and you'll have done enough damage for credit.

I am actually sure i got enough credit as i landed various attacks with my thief that has quite the strong burst. If it requires even more damage then it's true BS. It's a meta event and it's normal that a lot of people gather there. Also i got Gold partecipation. One of the most annoying collection from the alpha beetle to the steam cretures and the anomaly.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I can confirm that this won't happen if you start with the plague experiment farthest away. The zerg focuses on ones closest to the dead asuran and by the time you get to those, it's less likely that you can do enough damage to get credit for the collection.

We'll try this out, thanks for the tip.

As polvere says, I would agree that this does not seem like a desirable situation; a meta event requires a zerg by default, and a zerg makes it hard to land hits on things that die quickly. Having a collection requirement locked behind a mob like that is likely to result in frustrating experiences for a large number of players.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost every other meta-event an item drops you get given an item if you do something right. Even if a bit of damage, you'd still get it as the server will register you having done damage to the thing. I've done Tarir a lot, and others (Tequatl, Karka Queen, etc.) and it works this way IME. Having a set percentage of damage done to an immobile mob is dumb and seems very buggy to me.

• 1 year later...

Over a year later and I can say this still happends.Did the meta about 10mins ago and got... nothing. Will try tomorow the tip to hit the last one first, thank you.

Edit : Yep it still works. Me and some other player got the last one down to 1/3 hp before the masses tured up and I got the Plague Egg.

• 5 months later...

Confirmed as of today.ran into the same bug, no drops for 3 turns of the metai followed the advice about separating from the zerg and hitting the last one solo, instant pop! thanks for the pro tip.

P.S. if you have a big zerg, u need to be careful about the mobs as they will obstruct you from hitting the plagued sac and you will need to take them out first. They will however be veterans with big HP bars , so recommend getting your stuff for this venture :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...