Volatile Magic Crystals — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Volatile Magic Crystals

Sure, mechanically, they're just a bonus for using the rollerbeetle. But lorewise, what are they supposed to be, and why are they only (so far) found in Gandara?

Comments

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

That is a good question. Unbound Magic formed after the explosion of that giant Bloodstone, right? But what created Volatile Magic? (Awakened) Inquest experiments perhaps?

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• foozlesprite.8051foozlesprite.8051 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    That is a good question. Unbound Magic formed after the explosion of that giant Bloodstone, right? But what created Volatile Magic? (Awakened) Inquest experiments perhaps?

I forget if there is an official lore explanation or not, but I always assumed it has something to do with the explosion of a rather volatile god.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2018

@foozlesprite.8051 said:
    I forget if there is an official lore explanation or not, but I always assumed it has something to do with the explosion of a rather volatile god.

That makes sense! If Kralkatorrik didn't absorb all of it, the rest could have spread far across the land. However, those are crystals after all, so they could as well be residue from said dragon flying across the land. Hmmm...

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.