Game alt-tabbing or flashing desktop [merged]

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

@AnClar.1304 said:UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

Don't expect a WU patch to fix this. Wait for the game patch that a GM mentioned in this thread. :/

I don't...and I've been working with support for a couple of months on the issue now, which you'd know if you read my earlier posts.. Just updating an environment change.

@AnClar.1304 said:

@AnClar.1304 said:UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

kitten soon xmas for you mate you americans and the odd dates =) 13-6-2018 over on this side of the ocean hehe

And y'all drive on the wrong side of the road too. :p

What americans drive on the left like the english people?

@"crossoverAtt.9680" said:Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

Chillax bro, the devs are aware of this issue and already stated that a fix is on the way :>

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@"crossoverAtt.9680" said:Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

Chillax bro, the devs are aware of this issue and already stated that a fix is on the way :>

Then it should say something like, "fix awaiting implementation" or something similar. Solved is pretty definitive and does not stop someone from thinking there is something wrong with their system, when the fault lies elsewhere. The last A-Net post about 10 lines above stated a fix was being worked on. That is not the same as "this should no longer be happening to you", which is what "solved" suggests.

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

Then it should say something like, "fix awaiting implementation" or something similar. Solved is pretty definitive and does not stop someone from thinking there is something wrong with their system, when the fault lies elsewhere. The last A-Net post about 10 lines above stated a fix was being worked on. That is not the same as "this should no longer be happening to you", which is what "solved" suggests.

Yeah man I know it's a bit confusing and misleading but hey think of it as "solved" since the gm did already mention the fix for this issue so perhaps they flagged it as solved? Because who knows when the fix will come. So until then in order to avoid more and more people to request a solution, they marked it as solved.

No change on this for me with the 6/26 patches. Focus Assist on is terrible. Off is the micro flash every map change. Not listed in the patch notes, but that is clearly not definitive and we don't know whether it was implemented and doesn't work or it did not make the patch. Sort of underscores the point about the way the information is communicated. Obviously they have bigger problems at the moment.

Did a long postponed Windows April Update two days ago, now I have the flashing desktop problem. No issues before.However, no actual tabbing out. Focus always stays on the game and I flash back in automatically.

Different graphics drivers make no difference.

I mean, I don't particularly mind, it's just weird.

I did a postponed windows update yesterday, and since then I have been having the '1 sec desktop flash, or alt-tab' every loading screen. I've played GW2 for well over a month, and have never had this issue!Have not tried the focus assist thing, but will later today.Anyway, any update on this matter? I see a GM posted about a solution being under way, but still nothing a month later?

Best regards

This bug has been marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker since weeks but it has not been solved in the game. When will it be really solved in the game?

@"GM Magister.8736" said:Looks like you guys already heard, but I come with good news! There's some excellent progress being made on this issue. I can't really give a timeline yet, since we're still trying to hammer down the best way to go about resolving it, but we're getting pretty confident that there's a light on the horizon, so keep your eyes on the patch notes going forward. :)

As with a lot of things, you can now keep track of the status of this issue on the Known Issue Tracker. We worked with some wizards around the office to get this thing updating automatically as we work through things, and I was able to stick this issue on there for you all to keep track of it easier.

(Unfortunately, during our adjustments to the KIT, a skritt somehow managed to break into the page and make a mess of some of the older bugs. This should be resolved soon, but don't panic if you see the "Three Golem Monty" achievement or other previously solved bugs back on the in-progress issues. It's still fixed, you didn't step into the wrong Fractal or anything like that, and we're trying to get it sorted. Sorry for the confusion!)

@"GM Magister.8736" said:Looks like you guys already heard, but I come with good news! There's some excellent progress being made on this issue. I can't really give a timeline yet, since we're still trying to hammer down the best way to go about resolving it, but we're getting pretty confident that there's a light on the horizon, so keep your eyes on the patch notes going forward. :)

As with a lot of things, you can now keep track of the status of this issue on the
. We worked with some wizards around the office to get this thing updating automatically as we work through things, and I was able to stick this issue on there for you all to keep track of it easier.

(Unfortunately, during our adjustments to the KIT, a skritt somehow managed to break into the page and make a mess of some of the older bugs. This should be resolved soon, but don't panic if you see the "Three Golem Monty" achievement or other previously solved bugs back on the in-progress issues. It's still fixed, you didn't step into the wrong Fractal or anything like that, and we're trying to get it sorted. Sorry for the confusion!)

Mind linking where in known issues this is at. I have gone over it several times and it's nowhere to be found. Game is now getting stuck when it flashes to desktop and then becomes unresponsive. Either it will crash or you have to for close it with Taskmanager. I am really annoyed with this now. It's been going of for too long. I just bought WoW Legion, and Battle for Azeroth because I haven't been able to play the game for 2 months.

@Amhiel.6195 said:

As with a lot of things, you can now keep track of the status of this issue on the
. We worked with some wizards around the office to get this thing updating automatically as we work through things, and I was able to stick this issue on there for you all to keep track of it easier.

Mind linking where in known issues this is at. I have gone over it several times and it's nowhere to be found. Game is now getting stuck when it flashes to desktop and then becomes unresponsive. Either it will crash or you have to for close it with Taskmanager. I am really annoyed with this now. It's been going of for too long. I just bought WoW Legion, and Battle for Azeroth because I haven't been able to play the game for 2 months.

From the link in the post quoted:

Client: Upgrading to the most recent version of Windows may cause the game to flash to desktop on load screens for users playing in fullscreen mode. 2018-06-13

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the link in the post quoted:

Client: Upgrading to the most recent version of Windows may cause the game to flash to desktop on load screens for users playing in fullscreen mode.
2018-06-13

Oh I expected it to be more than that. Thanks Inculpatus cedo.9234