Tyria Pride 2018!

Lelling.6795

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:Generally people seek validation in real life not in a video game.

I'm not sure, but I think you either called me a computer-generated NPC, or said that there is some difference between "me interacting with people in GW2" and "me interacting with people over FaceTime" despite both of them being mediated by technology...

• ArenaNet Staff

Oh, I'm in the first pic, Advisor Akee in the lower left! :)

Thank you for sharing these, Endless!

Some more pictures from the event if you missed it.

https://keeyasnowtail.tumblr.com/post/175214091766/so-here-were-are-bringing-some-color-to-an

We had a blast. Huge thanks to Lelling and Opencommunity for making this possible. And Gaile for joining in Caledon forest!<3 to everyone! This was truly one of the best events I ever attended. Over 5 hours worth every second! :)

Some more pictures taken by my friend <3https://kianga-snowstorm.tumblr.com/post/175214432278/tyria-pride-2018-day-2-a-big-thank-you

@Hoodie.1045 said:Just letting you know that over the five years that I've been playing Guild Wars 2, Tyria Pride 2018 was my first time visiting the march. While I'm not a fan of the abundance of pink, I wish everyone in the march to live long and happy lives.

Not a fan of pink? Wait til Pink Day in LA. :)

Pride Marching Norn/Cancer Fightin Norn

Currently posting in intervals on my tumblr about it. So keep an eye out for everything I post under the tags #gw2tyriapride2018 and #tyriapride2018It'll take a lot of time and effort to get everything uploaded since I took 300+ screenshots of the event.Don't mind me censoring names or chats. I don't know if everyone is okay with being shown and I respect everyone's privacy.http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

@"Lelling.6795" said:Oh btw - this Saturday, June 9th, we are also doing a mini-pride promo event through the Path of Fire maps!No mounts (or gliding) required

What will this consist of? How are you going to get people through the PoF maps if they don't have at least a raptor? I'm interested but admittedly confused.

Definitely going to be at the main event regardless :smile:

The Tyria Pride paths are made to be walked with walk speed, not on mounts.

There's a path through PoF that you can do entirely by walking. We do take a shortcut via mesmer portals in one place (start of the Elon Riverlands path) but even there we could've just walked around.

We used this path for the Quaggan Waddle for Pink Day in LA 2017 for cancer as well, so you can even walk through them as a quaggan! =)

These look amazing!

@"Kiza.5630" said:Some more pictures from the event if you missed it.

https://keeyasnowtail.tumblr.com/post/175214091766/so-here-were-are-bringing-some-color-to-an

We had a blast. Huge thanks to Lelling and Opencommunity for making this possible. And Gaile for joining in Caledon forest!<3 to everyone! This was truly one of the best events I ever attended. Over 5 hours worth every second! :)

Some more pictures taken by my friend <3https://kianga-snowstorm.tumblr.com/post/175214432278/tyria-pride-2018-day-2-a-big-thank-you

Yay! Thanks so much for joining! Glad to hear you had fun!

I haven't been overly supportive with this in truth.....but

I am honestly happy to have so many players feel welcomed and safe to express themselves, here in GW2 over the years.

Glad you all had a great time and had reason to feel loved within the community.

Maybe it's the recent turn of events with everyone in the community sticking together to fight bigger causes.The LGBT+ people are a big part of us, and, just like in Tyria when everyone respects and accepts each other, our true strength and unity, shines.

@ReV.6097 said:I haven't been overly supportive with this in truth.....but

I am honestly happy to have so many players feel welcomed and safe to express themselves, here in GW2 over the years.

Glad you all had a great time and had reason to feel loved within the community.

Maybe it's the recent turn of events with everyone in the community sticking together to fight bigger causes.The LGBT+ people are a big part of us, and, just like in Tyria when everyone respects and accepts each other, our true strength and unity, shines.

Thanks so much for your kind words! I know it sometimes seems that the world is too polarized and dialogue is impossible, and you either have to be fully on board without ever criticising anyone or any thought in any way or you are branded sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. but I think as long as we keep an open mind and listen to each other, we can grow as a community.

Otherwise we just end up blocking each other out.

Thanks so much for joining everyone! If you have any comments, feedback, etc. for next year, feel free to write them here, or message me in-game!

Here's already some stuff we noticed:

We did notice a large amount of people who struggled with joining the group by themselves - either not knowing how to use the LFG, or that you can join a squad without asking for an invite. This is information that we'll add to the info post!

We'll also be adding a strict time when exactly LFGs will be up, when we start gathering, and when we start marching. For some people, starting at 16:00 CEST meant they'd already be there half an hour early, while others interpreted it as that being the time to show up. Adding a breakdown of the times should help this :smiley:

Another common, rather amusing, thing that happened was British people coming an hour early. Apparently it's a common misconception that British people use GMT as their time zone all year round, but in fact, for half of the year, Britain is in BST [GMT+1], so the majority of my 15:00 CEST - 16:00 CEST conversations was explaining to British people which time zone they're actually in :sweat_smile: I'll make sure to put a little reminder up for Brits for next year ^^

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...