Still no bikini or "speedo"?

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:Swimwear should not be outfits.

I am totally all for having swimwear customization, but it should be its own thing. And before we can have that, we need more places where we go into swimwear mode to justify its existence.Right now we have only two situations in which we go into "swimwear mode": Diving goggles, and a beach in Southsun.

So, to have actual reasons to be able to customize our character swimwear/underwear we need more places where it is used:

• More water springs and hot springs, like cascades in Dry Top, Zelechor Hot Springs, Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs, southsun hot springs, etc.
  • More beaches and beach-side resorts would put players in swimwear mode, including the beach and beach-side bar in LA, maybe refurbish some less visited spots in each city as public bathhouses.
  • More activities should use swimwear mode, specially those in sunny beaches like Crab Toss and Sotuhsun Survival (a new item would be added "armor" that protects against one hit, while wearing the armor you go back to your usual attire, those without armor would be in swimwear, like how Arthur loses his armor in Ghosts 'n Goblins.)
  • More open world activities other than Diving goggles would put players in swimwear mode, for example, a new Fishing mastery would be introduced, and there would be two ways to fish: fishing nodes that start a fishing minigames, and diving fishing ranges where players can kill fishes until they complete a quota and earn a daily chest with fishing rewards. When entering the fishing diving areas, players would go into swimwear mode.

Then we could have all sorts of swimwear that is customized in a new slot in the outfit panel.

Also, swimwear, even the default underwear, would become dyable.

This would be a good way to implement it, creates zones for it where it makes sense. And also create more "social zones" around in maps. Great idea, +1.

I'm against the typical bikini outfit/armor skins, because I just honestly think it looks to dumb to watch a character in bikini/speedo charge into 20 mordrem. I already have trouble with that with all the silly skins and stuff we got already, but that one would just take it to another step, and I'd just have to disable other peoples looks entirely by setting everyone to basic skins.

If they where to add bikini/speedo as an outfit/armor skin, I demand they also give me the option to override how everyone looks locally on my machine (without having to replace everyone with faceless generic characters without gender)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:Just no. I hope this request never gains traction with the devs. For every player that actually wants this for cosmetic preferences there will be ten others that use it in an offensive way. There are already outfits and armors that are "seductive" enough. The game absolutely does not need bikinis and speedos.

if you can find me any clothing that is even remotely "seductive"in this game i applaud you.

There are a few pretty sexy ones.

Flamekissed armor for example shows A LOT of skin. Human cultural tier 3 light armor is known as THE boob top in the game..

There are a few more but sadly I don't know the names of the armor sets or outfits.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:Just no. I hope this request never gains traction with the devs. For every player that actually wants this for cosmetic preferences there will be ten others that use it in an offensive way. There are already outfits and armors that are "seductive" enough. The game absolutely does not need bikinis and speedos.

if you can find me any clothing that is even remotely "seductive"in this game i applaud you.

Flamekissed armor for example shows A LOT of skin. Human cultural tier 3 light armor is known as THE boob top in the game..

There are a few more but sadly I don't know the names of the armor sets or outfits.

Sexy doesn't always / doesn't have to mean showing a lot of skin.

@Elspereth.1280 said:

I know that. But if a huge majority of all armors is basically covering every little bit of it there is a certain allure to any bit of skin you can get.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I know that. But if a huge majority of all armors is basically covering every little bit of it there is a certain allure to any bit of skin you can get.

To me sexy means suggestive, someone in a skintight suit with just a low zipper does more then a naked body, in GW2 the only thing i see is the childish kind of sexiness.

• 1 month later...

Guys, it's coming! Or at least being worked on. Who knows what twists and turns this project might take in the future, so don't get your expectations up until it's on the GW2 frontpage.https://twitter.com/AvanderMeeArt/status/1015145215542382593

I'm seriously intrigued by this Southsun Project. I always felt that GW2 needed a nice place for some relaxing activities. If Southsun became the holiday-resort the Konsortium marketed it as, I would be really happy.

But the sound of the words I picked up from the twitter (hate reading twitter is a mess that I can't figure out), sounds like "Southsun Project" and included fishing. So from a guess it sounds like a sort of activity area where you can use this, and do some various new mini games. If so it sounds like a good idea, I would support that.

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:Guys, it's coming! Or at least being worked on. Who knows what twists and turns this project might take in the future, so don't get your expectations up until it's on the GW2 frontpage.https://twitter.com/AvanderMeeArt/status/1015145215542382593

I'm seriously intrigued by this Southsun Project. I always felt that GW2 needed a nice place for some relaxing activities. If Southsun became the holiday-resort the Konsortium marketed it as, I would be really happy.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WERE GETTING STUFFFFFFF! IT NEEDS TO BE ARMOR SKINS