PSA: Don’t be mad because Rev OUTSKILLED YOU

Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

Firstly, I'm sure we'd all like objective proof of you actually outskilling top players.

Secondly, where did you get these damage figures from?

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev
insert laughing emoji

Firstly, I'm sure we'd all like objective proof of you actually outskilling top players.

PVE raid hero’s. Ask any of them. They will tell you rev power damage is the lowest by far.

@JayAction.9056 said:

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev
insert laughing emoji

PVE raid hero’s. Ask any of them. They will tell you rev power damage is the lowest by far.

...right but you are sayin that Rev has "pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage." Which is the only relevant part of your statements since nobody cares about PvE damage. If you go to Vallun's balance thread, you'll see Bryvanent commenting on how certain things could be changed around to balance out Rev damage.Rev is very vulnerable to condi but overperforms versus almost all direct-damage specs; ideally it could have more defense against condi but not be quite so slippery against direct damage specs.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

insert laughing emoji

...right but you are sayin that Rev has "pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage." Which is the only relevant part of your statements since nobody cares about PvE damage. If you go to Vallun's balance thread, you'll see Bryvanent commenting on how certain things could be changed around to balance out Rev damage.Rev is very vulnerable to condi but overperforms versus almost all direct-damage specs; ideally it could have more defense against condi but not be quite so slippery against direct damage specs.

Ahh yes Bryvanet. He is good rev but he is farm from the greatest. I'm going to be real with you and say he's NOT the sort of Rev Vallun has in mind when he is crying for nerfs in his thread.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

insert laughing emoji

...right but you are sayin that Rev has "pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage." Which is the only relevant part of your statements since nobody cares about PvE damage. If you go to Vallun's balance thread, you'll see Bryvanent commenting on how certain things could be changed around to balance out Rev damage.Rev is very vulnerable to condi but overperforms versus a.lmost all direct-damage specs; ideally it could have more defense against condi but not be quite so slippery against direct damage specs.

Rev isn't that great against power specs at least not in 1v1. Power thief farms it easily; spellbreaker, holosmith, soulbeast, mirage and even dragon-hunter should have at least a 40% chance on the match-up at equal skill and mender ele which is technically power based will out sustain a rev and force a disengage eventually. It is just that compared to condi mirage and condi thief which are auto win against rev unless their keyboard breaks, the power builds seem easy to face by comparison. Rev is only relevant again because it is good at +1's.

@JayAction.9056 said:

insert laughing emoji

Ahh yes Bryvanet. He is good rev but he is farm from the greatest. I'm going to be real with you and say he's
NOT
the sort of Rev Vallun has in mind when he is crying for nerfs in his thread.

Considering I've beaten and matched every single "top revenant" in the game. To name a few: Toker, Zollec, Helio, Lora, and Sin I'd love to see what you think is keeping me far from the greatest. And if you think Vallun isn't thinking of someone like me when he discusses revenants current burst and how strong it is I'd love to know whom.

@thebatman.6250 said:

insert laughing emoji

Ahh yes Bryvanet. He is good rev but he is farm from the greatest. I'm going to be real with you and say he's
NOT

Considering I've beaten and matched every single "top revenant" in the game. To name a few: Toker, Zollec, Helio, Lora, and Sin I'd love to see what you think is keeping me far from the greatest. And if you think Vallun isn't thinking of someone like me when he discusses revenants current burst and how strong it is I'd love to know whom.

Brah, you are good but ima be real. You have gotten pretty lucky in the past with MMR. Your disengages are nowhere near as good as ZOL or Toker and your damage is easily avoidable. You can’t carry a team, but you do well on already decent teams. Your 1v1 is lacking too. You have have struggled against celestial rev in unranked. Just saying.

No diss.

I think the match from last night gives the best representation of what happens when MMR is not heavily skewed in your favor

Not surprised these type of threads are starting to appear. Not sure why you mentioned PvE at all, but Rev does some pretty gnarly damage in PvP. If Rev gets a condi removal buff (or even a condi resistance buff) it will be god tier again. Do I think it needs to be nerfed right now? Mm, no. I do think their damage is pretty damn good though. We just have to make sure not to make them OP

The only 1v1s that are actually a struggle are vs condi mirage. No other match up compares in that regard. I haven't gotten luck with MMR considering I've been playing this class since it launched and I I've always placed between high plat 2 and Legend in all the seasons I participated in. But you can take that as you will.

@thebatman.6250 said:

insert laughing emoji

NOT

I have no idea what's going on between you two, but I'll jump in anyway.

From my observation, I think what makes you really stand out among the revs you listed including JayAction is the way you rotate with your rev. You know when it's time to +1, you know when's the right time to disengage and decap. The way you do it is also really smooth, you're a natural. You also got a fun and open personality which is important for the moral of your own team. I think compared to Zollec and JayAction, you lack a bit in 1v1, but you're far from being crap, I actually think you're one of the best rev in the game, if not the best. Whenever I'm facing you, unlike others revenants, I actually go "oh shit" and instantly warn my teammates to keep an eye on you. The pressure coming from you during team fight is simply insane. That's all. I'm out. Peace.

If you exclude mirage and thief, power rev has no direct weaknesses. Scourge? Sure, but good luck for them landing any damage on you.

The real issue with rev is you cannot carry a weak team the way holo or SB could, so it appears weaker than it is sometimes. On balanced teams, it is the strongest power burst.

There’s still more high level revs than rangers :(

But yes rev damage is OP, but tbh what dps class DOESN’T have OP damage these days? At least you can shut down rev with focus from condi classes, but I do have to say if condi mirage and condi thief are nerfed to the point that they are not even viable (which is what I expect to happen) then there is gonna be a ton of forum threads complaining about rev after the balance patch.

Most people are really only complaining about sword 4 but in ranked there are things that have much higher one shot potential than rev(mantra mes). The way the current meta is structured(competitively) that should stay the same unless other classes are also toned down. Rev is definitely in an interesting spot, where most inexperienced/average players struggle on it because of condi mesmer/scourge/thief but in the right hands the class easily can replace the thief role especially in this meta and how dominant rev is at killing holosmith/spellbreaker/firebrand which gives it a slight edge over thief, whereas thief has more sustain through better disengage and higher mobility. Outside of the mirage matchup, rev also has better 1v1 potential vs holo/spellbreaker which are 2 key bruisers in this meta making rev more versatile. Current rev adds another layer of decision making over thief in terms of continuing to + or take a 1v1 matchup vs spb for example(easy matchup for rev) but then having to also think of the thief +, that along with having the luxury of staying in teamfights longer to kill an fb whereas if the thief doesn't get a good opener on the fb/scourge 2v2, they most likely have to leave after forcing a decap or a full cap for their side, rarely getting the kill. There's alot of decision making that goes into it and only two players in na(idk any eu revs) are good enough to execute it.

As for ranked, in a climate that is extremely unstructured, and mostly a clown fiesta of awkward comps, and builds, and players in completely different leagues with no proper form of communication being thrown into the same match I can see why a lot are complaining about rev. "hurrdurr port sword 4 i die cuz i dont press buttons or have no support or i run meme builds or im silver 3 vs gold 3 rev nerf it". But at the end of the day rev is miles healthier than p/p thieves, 1 shot mantra mesmers, meme 1 shot soulbeasts, and the axe version of condi mirage and whatever other niche 'pug stomper' specs people come up with in ranked that either I haven't seen yet or just cannot recall at this particular moment.

@JayAction.9056 said:

insert laughing emoji

Greatsword power shatter mesmers and focus / hammer guards also has low (lower than rev) DPS in pve. This doesn't make their damage bad in PvP.

Ever since you created the thread about burn Firebrand being op, I can't take anything you say seriously.

@JayAction.9056 said:

insert laughing emoji

Reaper PvE DPS is always crap; yet in PvP reaper ends up doing huge damage. ?!?!? it's almost like the ability to selfbuff, mobility and selfsustain are more useful in PvP than in PvE; and classes which have these innate perks end up doing better in gamemodes where these perks are useful.

Rev is strong but does not yet need nerfs in the current meta. But if condi mirage gets nerfed; which is its main counter, then rev probably does need nerfs. Then again; from my point of view EVERYTHING needs nerfs. Pretty much every meta class could use some toning down.

I have been againt and with both bry and jay amd i have to say you are both good and healthy for the rev community. I do agree rev damage is on the high side butmost classes are right now.

Also if you power rev and you lose 1v1 to a guard, holo, or warrior then i dont know what to say. But please no nerfs. Do some other stuff to rev please. Buff shield. Make it a condi cleanse offhand and that would make it a viable weapon amd would reduce damage.

I can spare some damage for survival.

@JayAction.9056 said:

insert laughing emoji

NOT

Brah, you are good but ima be real. You have gotten pretty lucky in the past with MMR. Your disengages are nowhere near as good as ZOL or Toker and your damage is easily avoidable. You can’t carry a team, but you do well on already decent teams. Your 1v1 is lacking too. You have have struggled against celestial rev in unranked. Just saying.

No diss.

I think the match from last night gives the best representation of what happens when MMR is not heavily skewed in your favor

Completely agree lol Bryv will not carry a team. He was talked up so much at first as like "the only good rev left!" Solid B+ that's it

@"mrauls.6519" said:Not surprised these type of threads are starting to appear. Not sure why you mentioned PvE at all, but Rev does some pretty gnarly damage in PvP. If Rev gets a condi removal buff (or even a condi resistance buff) it will be god tier again. Do I think it needs to be nerfed right now? Mm, no. I do think their damage is pretty kitten good though. We just have to make sure not to make them OP

He mentioned PvE because it does matter.

All of you complaining about too much damage refuse to account for the trait set up that Rev requires for it. Revenant in PvP uses the glassiest build it can use traitwise, no shit it hurts. Do you expect a DA CS deadeye to not hit you with 11k DJ? Or a Dueling Domination Mesmer to not one shot you?

It has the same problem mirage has. It has far too much sustain through blocks and evade skills paired with high mobility. It is incredibly hard to find an opening in a fight vs a rev. Disengaging a rev is impossible.

It's a spec where you could realistically expect zero death games to be common, even games your team loses. The only reason it isn't as bad as mirage is its lack of condi clear.