Coming Tomorrow 7/10/18 – Balance Patch — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Coming Tomorrow 7/10/18 – Balance Patch

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that we’ve got a balance patch releasing tomorrow.

Since the last update targeted underwater balance and the deadeye in particular, we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those. There has also been a broad effort to target outliers traits and abilities on each profession.

We look forward to seeing you in game!

Tagged:
<1345

Comments

• Is there a possibility of future reworks in the pipeline Anet?

Cheers for the heads up.

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    We wanted to give everyone a heads up that we’ve got a balance patch releasing tomorrow.

Since the last update targeted underwater balance - we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those. There has also been a broad effort to target outliers traits and abilities on each profession.

Can't wait! Any progression on UW content is GREATLY appreciated.

• @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

@TotallyNotJazzie.1493 said:
    Is there a possibility of future reworks in the pipeline Anet?

There certainly are. :)

Thank you. I look forward to seeing the sparks of imagination Anet may provide in the future.

Shall await the latest updates tomorrow :+1:

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

There has also been a broad effort to target outliers traits and abilities on each profession.

Oooh, always nice to hear!

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭

Make Deadeye oneshot doods again ;)

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Swappable Sigils/Infusions on Legendary Weapons
    Contra: ViP-Systems, GemShop flashyness, unfinished releases

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

How long will we be looking at for balance patches at the moment if an unintended consequence of tomorrows balance patch makes something very unfun to play against where you see it stacked 3-4 on almost every team like condition scourge was at Path of Fire launch or condition mirage now?

I stand with Mo.

• Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

@aswedishtiger.7320 said:
    Finally quitting Black Desert and returning here where devs actually care and talk to their community is such a fresh breath of air. I was choking on so much poison with that game

You guys have no idea how good you have it

I mean eveyone prolly played bdo to 60 for the combat and quit. But having it good here never means stop making it better.

Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

Quality balance changes^TM

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭

Well, as long as they adress mirage WvW roaming will be pretty balanced.

Btw, could be about time to rework endurance regen foods, Daredevils and warriors were already abusing it before PoF. Now with mirages and holosmiths doing same it has become little bit too opressive.

Ri Ba - WvW Commander/scout/roamer
    FSP/KN link
    Diamond/Silver rank
    Overconfident [OCD]/Copyrights [CR]
    Sharing group focused builds for WvW http://www.tinyurl.com/ribabuilds

• Is this patch going to change Epidemic in any way? :)

Quantify [qT]

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭

we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those

This is kinda scary, what feedback are you talking about? I guess it's lottery time, let's hope DE doesn't get stomped into the ground because someone complained about P/P / OHKs being to "OP" again.

• Lascax.2163Lascax.2163 Member ✭✭

Will Xera be fixed too or is she still being "recovering"?

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for the heads up!

• Lunateric.3708Lunateric.3708 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks a lot for the the heads-up. I hope to see interesting things tomorrow and I also hope for more frequent balance patches overall @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048. Thanks a lot for your continued efforts and for polishing the game I love.

• Are you going to take a look at underwater skills again? Like making the the two remaining shouts (Receive the Light! and Guard!—especially Guard!) available, since every shout should be useable underwater.

And what about underwater wells for chronomancers? Necromancers’ wells weren’t available at the begining, but became useable underwater with a sneaky update. So, why not for mesmers, too?

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭

@Tails.9372 said:

we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those

This is kinda scary, what feedback are you talking about? I guess it's lottery time, let's hope DE doesn't get stomped into the ground because someone complained about P/P / OHKs being to "OP" again.

There were numerous threads and a consolidated thread in the thief sub forum. Suggestions were wide ranging but generally addressed bugs/clunky gameplay.

It’s a bit much to summarize briefly but you can check out the consolidated thread if you’re curious.

Obviously, we aren’t sure what Anet will be taking from the feedback so ... fingers crossed.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭

Should I get my hopes up for ranger MH dagger or no? (pvp)

• Elrey.5472Elrey.5472 Member ✭✭

I hope CondiTempest damage gets increased, right now it caps at 25k, while weaver gets to 40 :(

• LazySummer.2568LazySummer.2568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

Will this patch be meant for PvE, PvP, or both? because the last underwater balance patch seems to be geared towards PvE and there were some, debatable i'd say, changes that could've been split but weren't (druid's healing nerf, ele's tempest defense damage nerf, for example)

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hope it also comes with bug fixes, like the Kourna Portal Scroll and the Plaguedoctor stat not being selectable on legendary trinkets.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• faytte.1057faytte.1057 Member ✭✭

I know this is digging, but I hope the PvE uses of DH Longbow are being reviewed. Feels strange to have a spec that gains access to a new ranged weapon, whom universally never use it in fractals/raids in preference to our other ranged weapon (Scepter).

• Dragana.1497Dragana.1497 Member ✭✭

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Should I get my hopes up for ranger MH dagger or no? (pvp)

Hope and ranger don't go together. ;)

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭

Very broad question here you may not be able to answer (or already has been). Does your balance team follow a waterfall or agile methodology (or neither)? From the outside it seems sort of waterfall with the release dates between balance patches. It could be doing agile though (make changes in two weeks, test internally, ect.) I'm not really experienced enough of a developer to infer why either would be best. I'm just interested in how it's gone about organizing something as daunting as balance for an MMO. I wouldn't even know where to start myself.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Muh duds, giv rev the mesmer treatment and ill reinstall xd

• Dragonhunter triats needs a complete rework or a tweak most of the traits don't really do anything or much to help with DPS or buffs, compared to Firebrand.
    Core guardian now out classes it, which shouldn't be a thing.

• Akeno.4962Akeno.4962 Member ✭✭

One can hope for a scrapper rework where it gets a real spec mechanic, something function gyro doesn't feel like.

• Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭

As long as they don't remove anymore life force generation or negatively impact Necromancer's survive ability I'm good! I for one do not want the class to turn into yet another damage / glass canon build we have way too many of those now!

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

and the deadeye in particular, we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those.

Please, please, tell us you've put in an F3 skill instead of the stealth requirement! Stealth is such a clunky, finicky thing to bind Malice attacks to.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Armaelus.6120Armaelus.6120 Member ✭✭

Why do I have this strange feeling that I will going to be disappointed again about DE… ?

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

About that underwater thing ... warrior still doesn't have any condi underwater weapon :(

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@apharma.3741 said:
    How long will we be looking at for balance patches at the moment if an unintended consequence of tomorrows balance patch makes something very unfun to play against where you see it stacked 3-4 on almost every team like condition scourge was at Path of Fire launch or condition mirage now?

That question doesn't have an easy answer.

If something mechanically breaks as a result, we hotfix that as soon as we're able to. That means creating a fix, getting it tested and having a hotfix build prepared for it.
    If something is unfun/less fun, that's much harder to measure and really subjective. We try to get appropriate changes out as soon as the next standard build.

Thanks for the info.

I stand with Mo.

• Are mirages in WvW being balanced? It's absurd what they can do and there's no skillful counter play to them.

• steve.2945steve.2945 Member ✭✭

What about elementalist? Currently, there is no "right" way to balance it without it leading up to broken skills or they not working the way they are supposed to, as a whole. I'd love for meteor shower to just be something like a stronger lava font or some sort.

<1345
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.