World Restructuring Update 1

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@"ImperialWL.7138" said:When you say "player hours" am I right in assuming this is strictly WvW playtime and not overall account playtime? It may seem obvious but you didn't clarify it. Just want to make sure that it is actually WvW playtime.

Yes WvW play time

Hi,what happens when the playtime is clashed with holiday event and launching of new Living story and pvp league, those are time when players will goes off to play other content of the games . it doens't mean, as a single player, that we are not doing wvw with our friends just less , will that cause single player to be match up "strangers".

@Sarrs.4831 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:(no, having all of them join
another
, WvW specific guild is not a good solution, for a multitude of reasons).

It is somewhat peculiar that you clear WvW missions with a specific guild and cannot select that guild for your primary WvW guild.Do you think that it's inconceivable that i might want to do guild missions with my primary guild, without it being my WvW guild? Most big unspecialized guilds will have a group of WvW players that might want to play wvw together, even if some of them
also
have different specialized WvW guilds.

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@"Sojourner.4621" said:

1OcASwQ.png

There have been some concerns about how World Restructuring will change the ways people are matched in public maps outside of WvW. In a previous post, I alluded to the possibility of an issue here but I was mistaken. At the time, I wasn't clear about public map instance selection and how it was done. I've now done the proper discovery and nothing about how we are changing worlds with world restructuring will effect instance selection for public maps.

Yay my guesses on the inner workings of GW2 was correct. For once :)

I think that not considering player who doesnt joined an Alliance or WvW Guild is a mistake. i know many people that just follow me when i used to lead but they're not in a WvW guild and they doesnt want to have one.
Moreover every 8 weeks , alliances, guilds, and random pug will be mixed by an algorithm by considering alliance/guilds and players as an simple object with several variable such as play time, time crenels, leading or not etc... but people are not as simple as these variables. It could have been easier to block migration or put very high and expensive price over 8 weeks and then 2 weeks you lower the price and enable migration with mates by promoting low population server.

By "randomly" link alliance , guilds and player , we will lost objectives in WvW as we used to defend our server pride (long time ago) and we play together to achieve this goal. However with this rework we will the biggest competitive aspect of this gamemode and it would became an EOTM V2.0 upgraded with alliance and guild...

@Astralporing.1957 said:Do you think that it's inconceivable that i might want to do guild missions with my primary guild, without it being my WvW guild? Most big unspecialized guilds will have a group of WvW players that might want to play wvw together, even if some of them also have different specialized WvW guilds.

It's far from inconceivable that you'd want to WvW with two guilds but that's a choice you'll have to make. It's kinda difficult to see guild missions being the impetus for that though.

Or you can try to get your two guilds allied and you'd have your cake and eat it too.

I am a huge fan of WvW but have had generally bad times lining up my playtime with peak hours which this update is aiming to fix the big thing i would like to know if you care to share or if you already have and can kindly link me to it is, how long of a trial period would this be given since you have expressed if this doesn't work you would likely return to the server match system and if this should not work as intended how then would you proceed to rollback to the previous system?

@"Redponey.8352" said:I think that not considering player who doesnt joined an Alliance or WvW Guild is a mistake. i know many people that just follow me when i used to lead but they're not in a WvW guild and they doesnt want to have one.

Moreover every 8 weeks , alliances, guilds, and random pug will be mixed by an algorithm by considering alliance/guilds and players as an simple object with several variable such as play time, time crenels, leading or not etc...By "randomly" link alliance , guilds and player , we will lost objectives in WvW as we used to defend our server pride (long time ago) and we play together to achieve this goal.

If staying together REALLY matters to those you describe, they can form & join a "guild" and even form an alliance of such "guilds", that has no requirements at all, nothing, zero, it's like not being in a guild, don't even have to represent that guild ever, will be just a way to keep you together. So far the limit is 500 player for this (based on max. guild size, unless this changes in future). There, you can have loyalty to each other "server pride".

Now this still doesn't really solve the realm pride ideea, which is essential for a RvR game mode (no reason to capture anything otherwise & "win"), unless each world has AT LEAST 1 alliance/guild as core, that always stays with that world, only the rest are moved around to balance numbers. This main core alliance/guild could even have right to a higher numbers (a double size for example) in order to allow it to properly control the fate of their world.

I don't know if the software could allow more power to the main alliance/guild: such us ban trolls and remove "toxic" players, though these already should have been handled by ArenaNet, based on reports, but rarely or ever were, these players did it for years, and all servers can list multiple such "famous" names that had the "right" to annoy others.

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@"Redponey.8352" said:I think that not considering player who doesnt joined an Alliance or WvW Guild is a mistake. i know many people that just follow me when i used to lead but they're not in a WvW guild and they doesnt want to have one.

Moreover every 8 weeks , alliances, guilds, and random pug will be mixed by an algorithm by considering alliance/guilds and players as an simple object with several variable such as play time, time crenels, leading or not etc...By "randomly" link alliance , guilds and player , we will lost objectives in WvW as we used to defend our server pride (long time ago) and we play together to achieve this goal.

If staying together REALLY matters to those you describe, they can form & join a "guild" and even form an alliance of such "guilds", that has no requirements at all, nothing, zero, it's like not being in a guild, don't even have to represent that guild ever, will be just a way to keep you together. So far the limit is 500 player for this (based on max. guild size, unless this changes in future). There, you can have loyalty to each other "server pride".

Now this still doesn't really solve the realm pride ideea, which is essential for a RvR game mode (no reason to capture anything otherwise & "win"), unless each world has AT LEAST 1 alliance/guild as core, that always stays with that world, only the rest are moved around to balance numbers. This main core alliance/guild could even have right to a higher numbers (a double size for example) in order to allow it to properly control the fate of their world.

I don't know if the software could allow more power to the main alliance/guild: such us ban trolls and remove "toxic" players, though these already should have been handled by ArenaNet, based on reports, but rarely or ever were, these players did it for years, and all servers can list multiple such "famous" names that had the "right" to annoy others.

Some of us try to create a "Community guild" for those people but they rarely join to it. They're more link to the server pride than a guild or alliance and they doesnt want to get involve in a such strutcure except server. that is a different kind of thing because Server arent rule by player but server are made of these player communities. do you see the difference? Anet wont let power to any player to rule another one. Anet will consider if a player has buy this game and if he doesnt break rules (game rules) they deserve to play to this game whatever you think about him. => forget about giving power to the main alliance and guild.

RvR or WvW game mode has lost its reason and objectives (to bring and carry our server to top 1 in a competitive gamemode as tournamement) with re-linking and the announcement that tournamement will never be back, players get bored to fight with each others. gameplay and meta were at least fun and variable since PoF most of all PoF specialization has completly obliterated meta and most of player are running same kind of build. Most of my friends have left this game due of lack of objectives and fun ...

This game mode has a great potential but it least used. Regular and veteran players are leaving because of this lost of objectives and reason (no more fun to defend server pride/ no fun in fight as we got in past/ no futur because we cant plan what it could happen)

This rework, i think is like making mayonnaise, if you don't use all the potential of the all ingredients and doesnt follow the recipe, the mayonnaise is not be successful and will become inedible.

The major issues isnt population but the lack of fun and objectives we got in WvW that why people are leaving , stacking and bandwagon on few server.We should be more focused on these issues because they're the heart of population issue and stacking.Fixing meta issues by bringing more possibilities in build "by having a balance meta between different kind of build (Core/HoT/PoF)" fight should be fun...and give objectives to player (be the strongest national server /EU , win an tournamement xx etc...)

Making this rework without fixing these two major issues is like bailing a ship that sinks without fixing the leak. #Keepyourplayer

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:(no, having all of them join
another
, WvW specific guild is not a good solution, for a multitude of reasons).

It is somewhat peculiar that you clear WvW missions with a specific guild and cannot select that guild for your primary WvW guild.Do you think that it's inconceivable that i might want to do guild missions with my primary guild, without it being my WvW guild? Most big unspecialized guilds will have a group of WvW players that might want to play wvw together, even if some of them
also
have different specialized WvW guilds.

thats why ppl say the system boost guild or alliance identity....in that case, the person already chose the wvw guild over his/her "primary" guildpeople can never escape this "rep" thing when regards to "competitive" contents, mercenary play is just something inherently rejected in competitive settings

@XenesisII.1540 said:Why do we need to see if a guild is in an alliance? I'm sure there's going to be a window that manages the guilds in the alliance already so everyone should know who's in their alliance, why does it need to be displayed to the wvw population as well?

doesn't matter i think, the members of alliance will tell everyone who in the alliance anyway

I see the competitive and gameplay benefits of a system like this, but there is a cost that I don't think Anet has fully thought through. Following a troubling trend of the past few years, the more casual players will be the ones that truly lose out. The once a week WvWers and the players who don't take it as seriously - but still have friends there that they like to play with often - will likely find themselves without a real place in the new system.

Additionally, this will raise the barrier for entry for new players. The chance that they will be welcome in any real wvw guild or alliance will be low - creating a wider divide between the hardcore players and the more casual in our community (a group that Anet used to care a lot about).As I've said before, I see this marking the end of WvW for players like myself and many I know. The idea that we aren't active enough to have a place in a 500 player alliance, alongside the possibility of ending across the field from friends we play with now will leave many simply saying "what's the point?" and giving up on the game mode altogether.

I really hope Anet reconsiders - either making it easier to keep our communities together - or scrapping this idea completely. What is outlined is a bad idea and I know they can do better.

Do better Anet.

ANet,

Still a a fan, but throw me a bone!

What's your vision on nurturing a Long-term Community that encourages a global competitive identity that can't be controlled by players?

The reason why I ask...

Making Alliances to be the foundation for WvW Long-term Communities will make it susceptible to player drama...the Game Mode has a very high chance of becoming even more Toxic in nature.

Based on my personal observation....

World Linking failed & turned the Guest Servers' Community Toxic after being stripped of their identity.World Linking also caused overall population levels on Guest Servers to plummet & today continues to have a long-term downward trend.

Alliance Linking I predict will have the same effect that World Linking, but Host Servers will be stripped of their identity.Alliance Linking I predict will have the same effect on overall population levels that World Linking introduced to the game mode.

Why are we pinning our hopes on making Players be responsible for the long-term population growth of WvW...that would be subject to player drama?

Past observationhttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/page/8#post6177416https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Destroyed-By-Its-Own-Devs/page/2#post6273383https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/What-the-heck-happened-to-WvW/page/2#post6297129https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/This-is-the-worst-I-ve-seen-WvW-in-4-years/page/2#post6448761

Yours truly,Diku

Edit - Not going to Complain & not offer a Solution

LONG-TERM SOLUTIONhttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/page/7#post6174617

Hope folks Notice the time stamps on these Past observations because it adds credibility to the Prediction & resulting Impact that eventually Occurred.

@"Diku.2546" said:ANet,

What's your vision on nurturing a Long-term Community that encourages a global competitive identity that can't be controlled by players?

The reason why I ask...

Making Alliances to be the foundation for WvW Long-term Communities will make it susceptible to player drama...the Game Mode has a very high chance of becoming even more Toxic in nature.

World Linking failed & turned the Guest Servers' Community Toxic after being stripped of their identity.

Alliance Linking I predict will have the same effect that World Linking, but Host Server's will be stripped of their identity.

Past observationhttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/page/8#post6177416https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/This-is-the-worst-I-ve-seen-WvW-in-4-years/page/2#post6448761https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/What-the-heck-happened-to-WvW/page/2#post6297129

Yours truly,Diku

I totally agree with you.

Server should be maintenain and split (no more World linking). Afterall Alliance should be bring into these server to allow WvW Regular and casual gamer to have an in game community and structuration (with some benefits).

Moreover a heavy balance patch should be made in WvW (only for WvW) to pull-up some core/HoT build into the same lvl of efficiency of PoF build (or downgrade PoF build efficiency) this would bring more variable build and bus composition with the same "efficiency"

@Redponey.8352 said:

The reason why I ask...

World Linking failed & turned the Guest Servers' Community Toxic after being stripped of their identity.

Alliance Linking I predict will have the same effect that World Linking, but Host Server's will be stripped of their identity.

Past observation

Yours truly,Diku

Server should be maintenain and split (no more World linking). Afterall Alliance should be bring into these server to allow WvW Regular and casual gamer to have an in game community and structuration (with some benefits).

That's not what Diku is saying. He's got an incredibly convoluted idea of "globes" that no sane person even understands and pushes it every post.

Also splitting servers to one by one again just mean we end up in the same situation as before links - lots of tiers, but not enough players to populate them. WvW is in dire need of a shakeup and it wouldnt be hard for Anet to maintain identity by shifting it to alliances and I think they already know even if they dont yet know how to fully realize it ingame - let us show our alliance. Let us cap objectives for our alliance. Let us be an identifiable part of the world we're matched as and let us be proud of it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The reason why I ask...

Past observation

Yours truly,Diku

That's not what Diku is saying. He's got an incredibly convoluted idea of "globes" that no sane person even understands and pushes it every post.

Also splitting servers to one by one again just mean we end up in the same situation as before links - lots of tiers, but not enough players to populate them. WvW is in dire need of a shakeup and it wouldnt be hard for Anet to maintain identity by shifting it to alliances and I think they already know even if they dont yet know how to fully realize it ingame - let us show our alliance. Let us cap objectives for our alliance. Let us be an identifiable part of the world we're matched as and let us be proud of it.

Because instead of focusing on the issue which make player leaving this game mode and this game , anet just focused only on reward.Players got bored to wait and hope change in this great gamemode, this is why many player regular player left.They should have been focused on meta shift and more balance patch (skill split occur only recently despites players have already highlighted this problem a long time ago).(HoT => 2 Years of monoball), (PoF=> Scourge/FB overclasses other specialisations).

Actually you cannot jump/leap in a ennemi pack, you will instantly boonstrip by necro and CC (fear , stun dazed). most of the time fight doesnt lasted more than 20sec (1 bomb) whooah such fun.

WvW is a massive PVP gamemode, so it needs objectives and competition between player and server but anet remove tournament and they remove server identity (world linking) which remove all objectives and fun to fight other servers. actually it's more or less an EOTM map.

you only have to look at the facts : there no more WvW inter forum and only a discord which is quite dead and many guilds stop to play because it's became more or less like an EOTM , casual and new player very offen doesnt make effort to join audio or even to make time to have info on WvW build or how it works.Its just about free loot and reward.

@"Blaeys.3102" said:The once a week WvWers and the players who don't take it as seriously - but still have friends there that they like to play with often - will likely find themselves without a real place in the new system.

As I've said before, I see this marking the end of WvW for players like myself and many I know. The idea that we aren't active enough to have a place in a 500 player alliance, alongside the possibility of ending across the field from friends we play with now will leave many simply saying "what's the point?" and giving up on the game mode altogether.

"The once a week WvWers and the players who don't take it as seriously"Now really, what these players can wish for? WvW is a 24/7 game mode. If one logs in once a week... what kind of contribution is that?If everyone would be like this, WvW could be safely deleted.

That doesn't mean you are not welcome to join, even for a few minutes. But the game mode shouldn't be adjusted at all to fit these kind of... visitors. That includes me as well; if I just log in every day -- just to do my WvW daily, and then done; then my "activity" shouldn't even be taken into account when balancing the servers. Because I'm not helping my team at all.

First , i wanna wish good luck working on this,Im just one solo (pug) "team palyer" that at some point abuse enemies, and the rally sytem too in wvw, in fact i don´t se the game mode as none competitive, but the players of (not that they are bad, or undedicad, its just one diferente game mode not based on stats, drops, kills or whatever they compete on other games).Most come from games where "stats" give them one advantage and in gw2 doesn't, i had pleasure to meet some old teammates many times do to the server tranfers; i have donne it, yes in fact i had pay whit my Money to get out of Underworld when tournaments starts o.O… and for example i have seen comanders not "hardcore" that give like 4-0 in open field againts "hardcore ones (oldTeammates)" whitout talk or do anything that we can call Comand, Just having one tag up, in fact most of the fight he just avoid die, but the players just dont give up, and the enemy die because of the big ego, it's a game… it should happen no need to cry we are humans, so can always do better :)

The real thing, on my way two see the world here is?What Anet pretend to do about diferent Time zones? Any alliance whit 500 players will for sure had +300 - 400 of them prime dedicated, so will the game die out of that?

i remeber play until morning (when my work allow 3-4 year ago) i remeber had huge fights at 2 or 3 am i remeber one that last hours in eb green keep, everyone scrimming whit finger pains, we really get to a break point i never had seen something so massive in any game, that is the real diference on "team work" all togheter until break the fingers :)i really mad because of you never made more tournments…. im sure that the lasts had some inssue but i don't have seen nothing of none competitive on?? why you say it?? because some players had play for 24h on start and just GG Moral die ? some of runing around alone caping camps solo, Scouting so weel that always can get in time to defend? , and always spwaming map chat making possible to cap camp for tick and always trying to no matter how many times fail…? or because we break so hard our enemies that they cry all the week instead of play? i really think the tournamets results is not a game insue but Ego players one, but yes the Time zone make it unballanced at a specific time of day.

Hope that you can fix the players mind, and remeber competition is not have Legendarys or Ascended armor, or just be smart… need more to make difference, need to work hard and in this game its always possible, we had prove it many and many times.And players start to see it, after tournaments before it its impossible, all that happens need to, for we grow( in this game mode knowledge)… but Anet not realize that not sure why??, its about learn what is possible make in team whit what you devolp, and when you donne it, you should reallise that, no? we just turn it Real, no need to panic about, but you should realise that before for players do it too, because, a allways ad seen players trying hard, many had give so mutch time of the life to this especific game mode…Just hope Anet don't rage quit on mode, and not be shy top talk about her problems, we had made many of the them and we do it unconsciously, but we always talk to solve things, not matter if need to redefine worlds, or players per server, players ill cry about if yes… but its for the better, and you now that the players that more create problems whit changes is the ones that maybe left you firts… at least is what i think, Humans and is convenience, Its for better for future, for make the Real Challenge….? are u afraid?Just one more thing? When Anet get Tournaments back, If; Can you add some big challenges Rec (lool), that can show how it was, since the non competitive doesn't reflect what we work for? no for me... but for you that say that was none competitive see what we strive to overcome our enemies, and for our enemies not rage quit the game whitout understand how is it possible.hope meet you in openfield soon, whitout ac's, and ballista on mesorry my english (its from translator off course)Whit Love <3

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@"Blaeys.3102" said:The once a week WvWers and the players who don't take it as seriously - but still have friends there that they like to play with often - will likely find themselves without a real place in the new system.

As I've said before, I see this marking the end of WvW for players like myself and many I know. The idea that we aren't active enough to have a place in a 500 player alliance, alongside the possibility of ending across the field from friends we play with now will leave many simply saying "what's the point?" and giving up on the game mode altogether.

"The once a week WvWers and the players who don't take it as seriously"Now really, what these players can wish for? WvW is a 24/7 game mode. If one logs in once a week... what kind of contribution is that?If everyone would be like this, WvW could be safely deleted.

That doesn't mean you are not welcome to join, even for a few minutes. But the game mode shouldn't be adjusted at all to fit these kind of... visitors. That includes me as well; if I just log in every day -- just to do my WvW daily, and then done; then my "activity" shouldn't even be taken into account when balancing the servers. Because I'm not helping my team at all.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying, from the perspective of the more casual player who currently enjoys running 1-2 nights a week with friends who may be more serious about it (which I suspect is a larger group than Anet realizes), this change will basically mean the end of wvw for them. Not only will the appeal of the game mode be gone - there will be active reasons to avoid going in at all.

I really think they can do better than this.

@Blaeys.3102 said:

@Blaeys.3102 said:The once a week WvWers and the players who don't take it as seriously - but still have friends there that they like to play with often - will likely find themselves without a real place in the new system.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying, from the perspective of the more casual player who currently enjoys running 1-2 nights a week with friends who may be more serious about it (which I suspect is a larger group than Anet realizes), this change will basically mean the end of wvw for them. Not only will the appeal of the game mode be gone - there will be active reasons to avoid going in at all.

I really think they can do better than this.

I think that this alliance rework should take place in a WvW server gamemode. this will allow casual players to get more involve in WvW and it will bring also tools and a place were regular players could help new and casual players.

As i see , Oone of best option is to make a fresh start of all servers and stop world linking then make a tournament which will fun. and bring competition between servers (the only way to keep players in a gamemode is to bring new content , make it fun and competitive) Althought anet loves bring fun for players. One of greatest fun and entertainment in this gamemode is combat system, players loves fight each others. However actually current meta is out of control. I mean that damage is completly broken. you mostly all have between 20-25k HP but you can easily be hit by one skill which does 13-14k or having a huge amount of condi and get rekt in 2-3sec because you have no more clear. As i see, we got two option (1) reduce in general damage output or (2) increase vitality in WvW.

Long time ago, fight were great fun and thought. each fight was a challenge (even if you were casual or hardcore player), damage /tank were balanced and fight last at least more than 20 sec :D

If you could make fight fun as before (

many players will be back on this great gamemode

Damage were not that huge , we needed to have a synchro on bomb to do massive down but now just spam 1 and you almost kill the whole ennemy bus xD