Coming Tomorrow 7/10/18 – Balance Patch - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Coming Tomorrow 7/10/18 – Balance Patch

Comments

• Edelweiss.4261Edelweiss.4261 Member ✭✭✭

A surprise balance patch? Anet knows how to spoil me! =D

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the post!

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the heads up.

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

Yay, maybe it's finally time to make power reaper great!

• Miatela.5047Miatela.5047 Member ✭✭✭

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    We wanted to give everyone a heads up that we’ve got a balance patch releasing tomorrow.

Since the last update targeted underwater balance and the deadeye in particular, we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those. There has also been a broad effort to target outliers traits and abilities on each profession.

We look forward to seeing you in game!

Many of us, including myself, have been giving strong feedback about how to change Deadeye for the better. Speaking from a PvE (Raids, Fractals) point of view, Deadeye only needs:

• DPS - Bonus Damage scaling of Malicious Attacks increased from 10% to 15%
    • Support - Fire for Effect to grant 10 Might for 18 seconds.

These two changes would put Dagger/Dagger Deadeye into a strong niche of high single target with low cleave for a DPS build while the changes to Fire for Effect would allow for a Might provider that isn't Druid without a massive opportunity cost.

I really hope the balance team has been listening to all of the posters that have contributed so much - from evidence about WvW to Raid DPS rankings - in the Thief forums.

I have my fingers crossed.

• Scud.5067Scud.5067 Member ✭✭✭

@Miatela.5047 said:

I, however, am not holding my breath..

• We will finally get buffs for waevers? I'd love to see them even stronger after being 1st(sometimes 2nd) for five years!

• Asur.9178Asur.9178 Member ✭✭✭

Why do I feel so certain that thief underwater and deadeye will still be awful and clunky, and trickery will still be a necessity in any kind of PvP.

• Scud.5067Scud.5067 Member ✭✭✭

@Ariurotl.3718 said:
    Since skill splitting seems to be the current trend, can we get a look at PvE versions of various underperforming skills? The preceding opposite trend of un-splitting things ages ago ruined lots of skills for PvE (turrets, anyone?) and while competitive play balance understandably comes first, PvE deserves some love too.

I totally read, 'skill splitting' as, 'skull splitting'... :o

• Miatela.5047Miatela.5047 Member ✭✭✭

@Scud.5067 said:

@Miatela.5047 said:

I, however, am not holding my breath..

I'd also agree with that one. I am hopeful, but very much braced for another absolute mess.

• DiogoSilva.7089DiogoSilva.7089 Member ✭✭✭

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that we’ve got a balance patch releasing tomorrow.

Since the last update targeted underwater balance and the deadeye in particular, we’ve been listening to your feedback and are addressing some of the issues raised about each of those. There has also been a broad effort to target outliers traits and abilities on each profession.

Hiya, Irelio.

There's been a lot of discussion about the state of the revenant in GW2. Besides being generally underpowered, there's some core problems with the profession as a whole (energy management is too restrictive and leads to boring rotations) and to renegade specifically.

Is this being investigated by Anet? Are there any future plans for it?

• EvilSardine.9635EvilSardine.9635 Member ✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

@Asur.9178 said:
    and trickery will still be a necessity in any kind of PvP.

LOL, warriors have been stuck using TWO trait lines since forever.

• Sarumsa.3895Sarumsa.3895 Member ✭✭

Big changes can be:
    Rework Renegade, rework Scourge's grandmaster traits, nerf mirage, delete/change Epidemic

Small changes can be:
    Buffs to holo sword, Weaver sword, Ranger g.sword, may be Reaper, some small changes to Deadeye, may be DH's longbow but not sure

I have big hopes Anet, pls dont break my heart.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ariurotl.3718 said:
    Since skill splitting seems to be the current trend, can we get a look at PvE versions of various underperforming skills? The preceding opposite trend of un-splitting things ages ago ruined lots of skills for PvE (turrets, anyone?) and while competitive play balance understandably comes first, PvE deserves some love too.

We're going to keep splitting skills, traits, etc as appropriate to keep different modes power levels from going to the extremes. This will happen on numeric levels, not functional levels.

• A numeric difference is a skill inflicting heavy damage in one mode and moderate damage in another.
    • A functional difference is a skill granting stability in one mode and granting swiftness in another.

The reasoning behind this is to make it easily understood that when you swap modes an ability or trait still fundamentally DOES what it did before. You don't have to re-learn from scratch.

As it should be IMO> Thank you.

Knowing that when I tap my number 4 key while wielding a specific weapon it will always do X is very helpful in maintaining reaction time.

• DiogoSilva.7089DiogoSilva.7089 Member ✭✭✭

We're going to keep splitting skills, traits, etc as appropriate to keep different modes power levels from going to the extremes. This will happen on numeric levels, not functional levels.

• A numeric difference is a skill inflicting heavy damage in one mode and moderate damage in another.
    • A functional difference is a skill granting stability in one mode and granting swiftness in another.

The reasoning behind this is to make it easily understood that when you swap modes an ability or trait still fundamentally DOES what it did before. You don't have to re-learn from scratch.

Some of the "pvp nerfs" done a while ago, like the nerfs to Dragon Hunter's longbow and Herald's shield, should be reverted to their original state for PvE.

Guardian's scepter outshines longbow, which is unfair, considering that DH is an elite spec while scepter is a baseline weapon that's already useful for core guardian and firebrand.

For Herald's shield, it was almost never taken over axe (at the time), but it was still a good sustaining option for solo open world, before the nerfs to its healing came up.

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

@DiogoSilva.7089 said:
    Some of the "pvp nerfs" done a while ago, like the nerfs to Dragon Hunter's longbow and Herald's shield, should be reverted to their original state for PvE.

Same for the Celestial Avatar. The druid has lost his ability to correctly burst heal when needed in PvE. It brings heal, indeed, but not enough in a short amount of time.

• Bunter.3795Bunter.3795 Member ✭✭✭

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Thank you for the heads up. I'd love to hear more of what's coming but, as you say "it's only 24 hours away", I can wait to see what's changing.

If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.

• Rukia.4802Rukia.4802 Member ✭✭

Looking forward to the mesmer buffs LOL

Condi is trash

• Ragnarox.9601Ragnarox.9601 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

so decreasing guardian spirit weapon cd's plus signet decrease cd's incoming.
    And nerfing Guardian overall.
    Seen in every patch so nothing new for guardians.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

Yay!!!

Hopefully you guys fix reverant bugs too.

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rufo.3716 said:
    I never understood the secrecy behind the balance patches or a lack of a test server for that matter. It's better to let players know what's coming and even better, get actual testing before sending something live.

I think that's because of the Trading Post.

• Lorin.9564Lorin.9564 Member ✭✭

have a question about balancing: at https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/ is shown a lot of benchmarks: have anet a look at those? there you see what classes/skills are overpowered and what is in need...

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭

@Rukia.4802 said:
    Looking forward to the mesmer buffs LOL

Oh geez..please no lol

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here crossing fingers for swimming flesh golems and underwater net-like traps.

• Lorin.9564Lorin.9564 Member ✭✭

@TotallyNotJazzie.1493 said:
    Is there a possibility of future reworks in the pipeline Anet?

Cheers for the heads up.

What do you mean, pipeline?

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

I'm hoping by some miracle there will be a rework of renegade to where I can use it for something other than pve charr tea parties.

• dreth.9503dreth.9503 Member
    edited July 9, 2018

suggesting to delete epi is just gonna screw up the viability of scourge in raids.

• Dreadshow.9320Dreadshow.9320 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for taking the time to post the heads up.

• iGamerLegndi.7062iGamerLegndi.7062 Member
    edited July 9, 2018

Balance Patch hell ya. Meanwhile waiting to finish legendary collection but Xera is gone :(

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

@aswedishtiger.7320 said:
    Finally quitting Black Desert and returning here where devs actually care and talk to their community is such a fresh breath of air. I was choking on so much poison with that game

You guys have no idea how good you have it

Mh, but to be honest, this is just a rare case. PvP gets some attention here and there about bugs and stuck games, but for example, the Deadeye rework was a one-post and no other tought, no other explanation, the reasons for that (apart from the opening post) or something on it why and how. Two responses on the bugs or something by Robert Gee. That's it.

The users, however, created 1,082 responses and gathered over 62,000 views and about 2 months of total silence by aNet. That's not great, it's the real opposite.
    RIOT in their early state was far, far superior to that. Just check the devtracker, too. It's either joke threads with banter or bug reports that are aknowledged.

The forum chat is too selected in my opinion, but fair enough, if you wish to count that in...

If I check the Bless updates (yes, I also enjoy the few working breadcrumps of that game!), they have more attention on their more frequent developer letters than arenaNet in the last couple of months.

EDIT: Maybe they need good PR now after the "We don't ask for your feedback" debacle on Twitter [Mr. O'Brien: "We make the game for you, we care"] and they post 2 more posts a week for a while until it stals again.

Excelsior.

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

Do PvP/PvE splits factor heavily in this particular balance patch?

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭

As to the "What is changing tomorrow?" and "Is XYZ being fixed/changed/nerfed/buffed?" you'll have to wait less than 24 hours now to see! :)

Careful with claims like that, you know what happened during the last big patch. No need to go tempting fate.

I never did get a purpled out Warshade.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.