PSA: Don’t be mad because Rev OUTSKILLED YOU

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Not surprised these type of threads are starting to appear. Not sure why you mentioned PvE at all, but Rev does some pretty gnarly damage in PvP. If Rev gets a condi removal buff (or even a condi resistance buff) it will be god tier again. Do I think it needs to be nerfed right now? Mm, no. I do think their damage is pretty kitten good though. We just have to make sure not to make them OP

He mentioned PvE because it does matter.

All of you complaining about too much damage refuse to account for the trait set up that Rev requires for it. Revenant in PvP uses the glassiest build it can use traitwise, no kitten it hurts. Do you expect a DA CS deadeye to not hit you with 11k DJ? Or a Dueling Domination Mesmer to not one shot you?

I expect my weaver to get literally 100-0'd if I run the same level of glassy traits; yet still do less damage overall.It's funny how the ability to self-buff and be relatively sturdy despite having full DPS traits are usually negative in PvE (reaper, rev, ...) due to a lack of stacking modifiers; and positives in PvP where the defensive / offensive aspects of the class both shine.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Not surprised these type of threads are starting to appear. Not sure why you mentioned PvE at all, but Rev does some pretty gnarly damage in PvP. If Rev gets a condi removal buff (or even a condi resistance buff) it will be god tier again. Do I think it needs to be nerfed right now? Mm, no. I do think their damage is pretty kitten good though. We just have to make sure not to make them OP

He mentioned PvE because it does matter.

All of you complaining about too much damage refuse to account for the trait set up that Rev requires for it. Revenant in PvP uses the glassiest build it can use traitwise, no kitten it hurts. Do you expect a DA CS deadeye to not hit you with 11k DJ? Or a Dueling Domination Mesmer to not one shot you?

I expect my weaver to get literally 100-0'd if I run the same level of glassy traits; yet still do less damage overall.It's funny how the ability to self-buff and be relatively sturdy despite having full DPS traits are usually negative in PvE (reaper, rev, ...) due to a lack of stacking modifiers; and positives in PvP where the defensive / offensive aspects of the class both shine.

How exactly is revenant sturdy lol you make it sound like a spell breaker. Revenant sustains by not getting hit through evades and blocks and Infuse Light. Other than that it has no defensive procs, only active defensive play.

If you have a problem with that, then we should remove the evade from Flanking strike and remove mirage's ability to dodge mid cast anything first.

Also Weaver is not the goal post that any class should be striving towards right now.

@Ryan.9387 said:It has the same problem mirage has. It has far too much sustain through blocks and evade skills paired with high mobility. It is incredibly hard to find an opening in a fight vs a rev. Disengaging a rev is impossible.

It's a spec where you could realistically expect zero death games to be common, even games your team loses. The only reason it isn't as bad as mirage is its lack of condi clear.

Staff block (only block) has gotten the shaft in CD several times already, and gets cucked by Full Counter.

Evade skills let's see, Riposting Shadows is Shiro's only stunbreak, costs a whopping 30 energy and has also been nerfed several times throughout the game. Unrelenting Assault has a .5s cast time (plenty for interrupting, SoulBeasts version has no cast, longer range, and they get a second one through their pet) and is generally ignorable as an attack if you're in a team fight. Surge of the Mist has already had it's damage completely gutted so it can keep it's evade and CC functionality.

I'll give you the fact that disengaging from revenant is hard, but IT SHOULD BE. It's essentially a thief in heavy armor. Do you have the same complaint about mirage's and thieves? Their ports do not have cast times or heavy energy costs.

It's a spec where you could realistically expect zero death games to be common, even games your team loses

Sounds silver to me

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:Most people are really only complaining about sword 4 but in ranked there are things that have much higher one shot potential than rev(mantra mes). The way the current meta is structured(competitively) that should stay the same unless other classes are also toned down. Rev is definitely in an interesting spot, where most inexperienced/average players struggle on it because of condi mesmer/scourge/thief but in the right hands the class easily can replace the thief role especially in this meta and how dominant rev is at killing holosmith/spellbreaker/firebrand which gives it a slight edge over thief, whereas thief has more sustain through better disengage and higher mobility. Outside of the mirage matchup, rev also has better 1v1 potential vs holo/spellbreaker which are 2 key bruisers in this meta making rev more versatile. Current rev adds another layer of decision making over thief in terms of continuing to + or take a 1v1 matchup vs spb for example(easy matchup for rev) but then having to also think of the thief +, that along with having the luxury of staying in teamfights longer to kill an fb whereas if the thief doesn't get a good opener on the fb/scourge 2v2, they most likely have to leave after forcing a decap or a full cap for their side, rarely getting the kill. There's alot of decision making that goes into it and only two players in na(idk any eu revs) are good enough to execute it.

As for ranked, in a climate that is extremely unstructured, and mostly a clown fiesta of awkward comps, and builds, and players in completely different leagues with no proper form of communication being thrown into the same match I can see why a lot are complaining about rev. "hurrdurr port sword 4 i die cuz i dont press buttons or have no support or i run meme builds or im silver 3 vs gold 3 rev nerf it". But at the end of the day rev is miles healthier than p/p thieves, 1 shot mantra mesmers, meme 1 shot soulbeasts, and the axe version of condi mirage and whatever other niche 'pug stomper' specs people come up with in ranked that either I haven't seen yet or just cannot recall at this particular moment.

Very true, but I find thief still better because of the thief-rev matchup itself.Essence sap makes it a bit too favorable to thief.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev
insert laughing emoji

Firstly, I'm sure we'd all like objective proof of you actually outskilling top players.

Secondly, where did you get these damage figures from?

PVE raid hero’s. Ask any of them. They will tell you rev power damage is the lowest by far.

Ever since you created the thread about burn Firebrand being op, I can't take anything you say seriously.

I would farm you with it fam.

If you have ascendent on revenant in term of pressure you just need to bait the glint's heal and all the sustain of revenant is gone... (unless you let him auto attack you with shiro heal while doing nothing)

So 1v1 wise - thieves and mesmers shouldn't loose any 1 v1 . warriors can easily lock on a revenant once he just swapped to glint - making impossible for the revenant to use his heal. Cause yeah .... glint's heal has a cast time. Then The warrior can just hold pressure till he swap to shiro legend . pretty damn easy if you know warrior combo.

Revenant excells at killing bunkers such as firebrand and weaver . For a personnal thought i have issues with holosmith cause they can spam so many CC and deals so much dmg in short amount of time.

As a revenant, I don't relate on the fact being strong vs warrior or engineer right now.

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:If you have ascendent on revenant in term of pressure you just need to bait the glint's heal and all the sustain of revenant is gone... (unless you let him auto attack you with shiro heal while doing nothing)

So 1v1 wise - thieves and mesmers shouldn't loose any 1 v1 . warriors can easily lock on a revenant once he just swapped to glint - making impossible for the revenant to use his heal. Cause yeah .... glint's heal has a cast time. Then The warrior can just hold pressure till he swap to shiro legend . pretty kitten easy if you know warrior combo.

Revenant excells at killing bunkers such as firebrand and weaver . For a personnal thought i have issues with holosmith cause they can spam so many CC and deals so much dmg in short amount of time.

As a revenant, I don't relate on the fact being strong vs warrior or engineer right now.

I think it comes down to finding the right time to pressure with sword autoattacks. You still have to play like you don't really have any reliable healing, so making the best out of all your blocks and evades is really important. Try to maintain Facets of Light, Darkness and Strength while in Glint. Use One With Nature and Elemental Blast on cooldown and try to fight in it. Make sure when you switch to Shiro that you're ready to pressure and spam auto attacks (easily almost 3k per attack). If they used Balanced Stance already, they'll never be able to match that pressure as long as you don't get hit by Full Counter. That's my best understanding of the matchup but I'm not a top rev. I wouldn't say it's an "easy" matchup though, but I can see a really good rev beating most spellbreakers without too much issue.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:It has the same problem mirage has. It has far too much sustain through blocks and evade skills paired with high mobility. It is incredibly hard to find an opening in a fight vs a rev. Disengaging a rev is impossible.

It's a spec where you could realistically expect zero death games to be common, even games your team loses. The only reason it isn't as bad as mirage is its lack of condi clear.

Staff block (only block) has gotten the shaft in CD several times already, and gets cucked by Full Counter.

Evade skills let's see, Riposting Shadows is Shiro's only stunbreak, costs a whopping 30 energy and has also been nerfed several times throughout the game. Unrelenting Assault has a .5s cast time (plenty for interrupting, SoulBeasts version has no cast, longer range, and they get a second one through their pet) and is generally ignorable as an attack if you're in a team fight. Surge of the Mist has already had it's damage completely gutted so it can keep it's evade and CC functionality.

I'll give you the fact that disengaging from revenant is hard, but IT SHOULD BE. It's essentially a thief in heavy armor. Do you have the same complaint about mirage's and thieves? Their ports do not have cast times or heavy energy costs.

It's a spec where you could realistically expect zero death games to be common, even games your team loses

Sounds silver to me

I'm rank 1.

@Ryan.9387 said:

Sounds silver to me

I'm rank 1.

Ok? The time anyone cared about that was like 5 to 6 seasons ago homes lol. Very lame to dismiss all my points because you managed to RNG rank 1 one season when no one plays anymore (myself included I ranked for daily only).

I'd love to see your high level no death pure carry rev games though. Video of any rev in a high tier game being as godly as you described. "Same problem mirage has" boy get out of here lol revenant can't stun break on dodge or dodge mid cast so yeah I stand by what I said, SOUNDS LIKE SILVER

@JayAction.9056 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev
insert laughing emoji

Firstly, I'm sure we'd all like objective proof of you actually outskilling top players.

Secondly, where did you get these damage figures from?

PVE raid hero’s. Ask any of them. They will tell you rev power damage is the lowest by far.

I'm not going to argue against anything you've stated but I just want to squeeze a bit of perspective in considering there's different mindsets when considering DPS. When talking about DPS in PVE, it's taking all things considered, food, wrenches, runes, sigils, gear, buffs, Vulnerability, optimal skill ability rotation and squeezing out as much damage as you can with a setup. That's all tested to see what's the max amount of damage a class can do under optimal conditions against a boss sized health pool(long fights). In a PvP scene it differs, you're not striking a static target(There's a exception for some players) you're not locked into DPS rotations for optimal DPS. You have to be adaptive. You don't need to be dealing 30k DPS(Damage per second) in a PVP environment. Moreso you have to consider survivability, mobility and other things that you normally don't in PVE. For example Staff weavers have about the highest DPS in a PVE setting. Though in a PVP setting most glass staff weavers would be gutted before they knew what was happening. Just an example.

Funny how people always compare something vs something we only have a Conquest not TDM so stop talking about 1v1 or someone outperforming someone maybe you all cannot realize your "Metabuild" is not maded for 1v1? Sometimes try to read traits instead of judging other classes. Rev damage in some setup's teams is insane so don't even make fun of you by saying "REV HAVE LOWEST DPS IN PVE" who cares? btw revs have pretty good dps in pve look at snowcrows and stop bullshiting

@"JayAction.9056" said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment . Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.Following your logic, staff weaver, condi rev and condition berserker should be the meta in sPvP then, since they have the highest damage in PvE right now. Being the weakest in PvE (a gamemode i doubt you care about) doesn't mean it's okay to run around with 20+ might all the time, 40% extra crit and a lot of damage modifiers.

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.Really? I thought rev was pretty good against power, except for thief. Oh Well.So i suggest reducing it's offensive power and give rev some defensive stuff, so it can be more balanced betwen offense an defense, the class would be more viable and more fun in general. Don't you agree? Or do you want to keep your "bad damage"?

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

! totally not being dishonest to keep the class away from nerfs LUL

I used to play revenant nearly exclusively, since it was one of two professions I thoroughly enjoyed and reminded me most of WoW Warrior (which I played for a decade), the other one being Guardian.

I was never top-rated, but I honestly think that Revenant is not OP and if you encounter an OP revenant, it means that they know their shit AND your shit too. I recently started to play Core Guardian a little bit more in PvP, and oh boy is easier than Revenant, and not only because of condi cleanses. It just feels like you have much more situational gimmicks with a power core guardian than what you have with a power revenant. While it is true that revenants have a shitload of dmg evasion abilities, it is also easy to evade their bursts, except maybe sword 4 which isn't really telegraphed at all.

All in all, I think that Revenants are one of the most balanced classes at the moment. They are OP if played by somebody who knows how to play it AND knows what the enemy can do, and otherwise, they are shit. They have a hard-counter in condis while having different options to spec for different occasions. They could get a condi cleanse on Legend Swap, IMO, this will give additional depth to the gameplay of revenants, since Legend Swap is already a stun-break, but is also used to get extra DPS. So.. will you use it to condi cleanse? Or wait to have an extra stun-break?... or just use it to get an extra DPS? Depending on what you do, it can either give you a win or a defeat. Also, it is heavily visible when Revenants do a Legend Swap, so the enemy can also time their condies, but they will need to consider the following: I have to survive somehow until he does a legend swap to use my big condi applications on him.

Be as it may, they don't need a nerf and are not OP by just their stats and so on.

@JayAction.9056 said:Major glitch just got fixed that was being abused by anyone who played rev.

At this point I would say it slightly embarrassing to cry on Rev.

Extremely bad look.

rip protection and quickness uptime, only things that were carrying rev to be kind of viable for the last month or so

dps and survivability nerf fix, shouldve just left it as it was ;)

• 10 months later...

Probably Cookie, Wing and Trama got outskilled in mAT final to by double rev and that's why they lost every tf and only narrowly won the game over rotations, +1s and Boyce 1v1ing...

Somehow Rev always had the biggest lobby, stacking cry thread over cry thread when Condi Builds were giving it a hard time in late HoT despite still being meta in competitive teams, selling the revamp as a huge nerf and now defending the class when it's clearly the strongest teamfighter by miles and at the same time still able to duel some dedicated sidenoders, and comp with 2 or even 3 revs are getting amazing results in ATs, and double rev being among the strongest rank duos. But sure, a portengage with almost no tell that does 8k+ damage, slows and chills for 3s before it even hits and gives yourself fury and all that on a CD 15s with low energy cost is totally fine. And then some gold league hero comes along and agrees because he beat some monkey who couldn't press his heal in ranked while Vebryan, Pain or Sieki would wipe the flor with him in 3s, ffs.

@Falan.1839 said:Probably Cookie, Wing and Trama got outskilled in mAT final to by double rev and that's why they lost every tf and only narrowly won the game over rotations, +1s and Boyce 1v1ing...

I agree. There were teams without Firebrand/Scourge which done well thanks to the Heralds' team fighting potential. It's so fun to see OP saying

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating.when all teams had at least 1 rev.

Edit: I sense strong necromancy within this post

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev insert laughing emoji.

Tell us again about your top tier skillz is by bragging about your Wrath of the Lich King glory days where you mained Death Knight in a Death Knight+Holy Paladin duo when Death Knight alone made up 40% of the 2v2 population because of how broken it was in that era. Especially when me and Onarock dunked on you with Rogue+Priest every time we went head to head with your vastly superior comp.

Rev was only ever high risk high skill during the very beginning of Path of Fire when condi scourge and mirage were gods. In Power Metas it was always god tier. Now condi is dead in ranked and Rev predictably becomes a faceroll god. 5>4>3 is sooOOoooooOooooOoooOooooOOOOO high skill.

It's no coincidence that you go from top 101-250 previous seasons~ max to top 10 the previous season. Because Rev is boosted AF.

Edit: Lol you deleted it after I called you out back when you first brought it up.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Bro your a little bit confused.

I was 2600+ in 2s and 3s in WoW on DK all through WOTLK.

You guys are straight DUNNING KRUGER MEMES

Stop posting in my thread if you barely made it past high school.

Stop telling me about how to play and you’re not even on leaderboard.

Thanks bros

I mean heck, Ben P outright stated ranked (Not even MAT teams where rev has won both EU and NA for over 5 months in a row) teams with a Rev have a 70%+ higher win ratio than teams that don't have revs.

Double Edit: Me and Onarock mained Rogue+Priest in BC and we mained Prot Warrior+Priest in WotLK.

Imagine stroking your ego on the forums of a dead, unbalanced game where power creep has removed talent and skill entirely from the equation, and 90% of the competitive scene has moved on with their lives.

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

insert laughing emoji

Imagine stroking your ego on the forums of a dead, unbalanced game where power creep has removed talent and skill entirely from the equation, and 90% of the competitive scene has moved on with their lives.

.....y'know..............yall are replying to an OP almost a year old right