[Poll] Weapon for the next Ranger Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see the next specialization focus on minion master kind of builds, your main pets become weaker but you get more of them, and can summon more, alongside a Rifle to suit a power specialization that has some sort of aura support to reinforce allies and summon.

Since Anet already dabbled with petless, I would love a true petless spec. Hammer or spear. We had support. We had condi. Now I'd like a viable power DPS.

A 'Hunter' that sacrifices their pet... And recieves animal totems (similar to Rev stances, but just effect your F1-5 buttons). High single target power DPS. No more utility, jack-of-all-trades, and support. Make power DPS viable! A hunter or stalker duelist spec, where you sacrifice your pet and depending on the archaetype, you recieve a totem to match... Like if it's a cat, you recieve the 'Stalkers Totem' with applies constant superspeed when moving toward your enemies, or if it's a bear type you recieve some sort of tanky or stable totem.

After Soulbeast, I hope for a cool, fun and flavourful spec next time.

@"Sodeni.6041" said:I'd love to get a hammer and an elite specialization that could be called "Shatterer" or "Crusher". Basically you smash the earth with your hammer and create giant earthquakes and erupt volcanos. You could even have transformations as your class mechanic and become an improved version of your pet for a short duration and defeat your enemy as a giant bear for example :)

we already have transformations... bear, wolf, raven, snow leopard... refer: norn tranformations btw, im a norn ranger... so synergistic with pets and spirits of wild and transformations... :3

and FYI, hammer??? not good for ranger and manipulating the elements is not ranger's idea, thats one of elementalist idea... rangers should adapt to it and use the nature to their advantage... example... in pvp, elementalist and rangers should work synergistically for efficient and high damage and lead to team victory

guys, please dont talk about mace and hammer for ranger... coz it just diverts the profession and the core idea behind it... rangers can use dagger at close meele if they've been spotted... rangers should use every opportunity to their advantage... not get in the killzone and swing their mace or sword or hammer like a blind mad man in the middle of the crowd hoping to hit everyone in the process... we got warriors, guardians and other professions for that...

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:guys, please dont talk about mace and hammer for ranger... coz it just diverts the profession and the core idea behind it... rangers can use dagger at close meele if they've been spotted... rangers should use every opportunity to their advantage... not get in the killzone and swing their mace or sword or hammer like a blind mad man in the middle of the crowd hoping to hit everyone in the process... we got warriors, guardians and other professions for that...

Well you could have said that traps and Longbow don't fit a guardian and we got that.First you have to look at the role that needs to be filled. Mid to long range weaponry is already taken. CC weaponry isnt really. So it would make sense to give it weapons with more CC.In addition to that we have to admit that ranger lack MH weapon variety so a one handed weapon would make more sense or a two handed melee weapon because we only have GS for two handed melee.The CC could still be tied to nature, like roots, earth shatters, thorns etc.so the point of it would break flavor isnt really there IMO and is more difficult to achieve with a more technological advanced weapon like firearms are.Rangers have many upclose and personally aspects of skills and playstyles but lack CC and defense against it. Thats why i bet on a melee CC weapon and a Control spec next and not a new ranged weapon. We have this already covered.

Honestly, i really don't understand how can you guys vote rifle. The majority of ranger's weapons already have too much projectiles: longbow, shortbow, axe mainhand, and almost all offhand weapons have atleast 1 projectile skill. As if this were not enough, most of the ranger's weapons skills are single-target. WE NEED an AoE weaponset without projectiles, with useful combo fields and combo finishers. I think hammer, scepter/focus or mace/shield might cover this role.

@"Sodeni.6041" said:I'd love to get a hammer and an elite specialization that could be called "Shatterer" or "Crusher". Basically you smash the earth with your hammer and create giant earthquakes and erupt volcanos. You could even have transformations as your class mechanic and become an improved version of your pet for a short duration and defeat your enemy as a giant bear for example :)

Even better you have no pet and you're a form of earthly creature.

@"kappa.2036" said:Honestly, i really don't understand how can you guys vote rifle. The majority of ranger's weapons already have too much projectiles: longbow, shortbow, axe mainhand, and almost all offhand weapons have atleast 1 projectile skill. As if this were not enough, most of the ranger's weapons skills are single-target. WE NEED an AoE weaponset without projectiles, with useful combo fields and combo finishers. I think hammer, scepter/focus or mace/shield might cover this role.

maybe rangers can have carl gustav heat rounds or high velocity rounds or smoke grenade launcher and fire grenade launcher... or "mosin nagant" tranquilizer rifles... that suits them best or we could even have fulton recovery call to get us out of a sticky situation... coz thieves use perma stealth and other irritating skills why can't rangers have fulton recovery to get out of a blind mad sword swingers' killzone? JK

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@"kappa.2036" said:Honestly, i really don't understand how can you guys vote rifle. The majority of ranger's weapons already have too much projectiles: longbow, shortbow, axe mainhand, and almost all offhand weapons have atleast 1 projectile skill. As if this were not enough, most of the ranger's weapons skills are single-target. WE NEED an AoE weaponset without projectiles, with useful combo fields and combo finishers. I think hammer, scepter/focus or mace/shield might cover this role.

maybe rangers can have carl gustav heat rounds or high velocity rounds or smoke grenade launcher and fire grenade launcher... or "mosin nagant" tranquilizer rifles... that suits them best or we could even have fulton recovery call to get us out of a sticky situation... coz thieves use perma stealth and other irritating skills why can't rangers have fulton recovery to get out of a blind mad sword swingers' killzone? JK

For better stealth and evasion i think Anet should rather tune dagger and sword. Together with a new smoke trap that replaces ice trap and a smoke field on muddy terrain it would work wonders to improve evasiveness for ranger.Putting it on en E-Spec wouldnt be the wisest idea IMO especially not with another ranged weapon. If you count staff from druid we are at 3 two handed, 1 MH, 1 OH that are ranged with 3 OHs with each a ranged skill. And currently if we count melee we are at 1 twohanded, 2 mainhand (counting dagger MH) 3 OH with one melee skill. And weapons with heavy CC are currently 4 with 2 of them being ranged two handers. We currently haven't got a Mainhand with heavy CC and only Axe OH with a pull.I am not against a riffle theme wise. But its definetly not what rangers currently lacking and a melee CC weapon definetly is.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

For better stealth and evasion i think Anet should rather tune dagger and sword. Together with a new smoke trap that replaces ice trap and a smoke field on muddy terrain it would work wonders to improve evasiveness for ranger.Putting it on en E-Spec wouldnt be the wisest idea IMO especially not with another ranged weapon. If you count staff from druid we are at 3 two handed, 1 MH, 1 OH that are ranged with 3 OHs with each a ranged skill. And currently if we count melee we are at 1 twohanded, 2 mainhand (counting dagger MH) 3 OH with one melee skill. And weapons with heavy CC are currently 4 with 2 of them being ranged two handers. We currently haven't got a Mainhand with heavy CC and only Axe OH with a pull.I am not against a riffle theme wise. But its definetly not what rangers currently lacking and a melee CC weapon definetly is.

"I am not against a riffle theme wise. But its definetly not what rangers currently lacking and a melee CC weapon definetly is. "

you're talking about a close quarters meele CC(that puts us in the killzone)killzone usually occupied by burn guardians, necros(who vomit all over) and mesmers spamming clone shatters and dodges... that'll be dangerous for rangers... So i suggested a ranged CC weapon like fire grenade launcher and ranged healing guns like the ones we use in shatterer fight to throw medpacks for our allies and i expect the ranged CC weapon to switch rounds/ammunition it can be a fire grenade, liquid nitrogen, bio poison grenade, electric grenade and so on... or even high velocity CC ammunition

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

smoke trap is very much appreciated... or instead of smoke trap, we can have nature trap... since were rangers, we need to blend in with the nature... if there are trees/bushes/rock we can have extended stealth time atleast double of what we currently have

"I am not against a riffle theme wise. But its definetly not what rangers currently lacking and a melee CC weapon definetly is. "

you're talking about a close quarters meele CC(that puts us in the killzone)killzone usually occupied by burn guardians, necros(who vomit all over) and mesmers spamming clone shatters and dodges... that'll be dangerous for rangers... So i suggested a ranged CC weapon like
fire grenade launcher
and ranged healing guns like the ones we use in shatterer fight to throw medpacks for our allies and i expect the ranged CC weapon to switch rounds/ammunition it can be a fire grenade, liquid nitrogen, bio poison grenade, electric grenade and so on... or even high velocity CC ammunition

Or just play engi? xD

@kappa.2036 said:

@kappa.2036 said:Honestly, i really don't understand how can you guys vote rifle. The majority of ranger's weapons already have too much projectiles: longbow, shortbow, axe mainhand, and almost all offhand weapons have atleast 1 projectile skill. As if this were not enough, most of the ranger's weapons skills are single-target. WE NEED an AoE weaponset without projectiles, with useful combo fields and combo finishers. I think hammer, scepter/focus or mace/shield might cover this role.

you're talking about a close quarters meele CC(that puts us in the killzone)killzone usually occupied by burn guardians, necros(who vomit all over) and mesmers spamming clone shatters and dodges... that'll be dangerous for rangers... So i suggested a ranged CC weapon like
fire grenade launcher
and ranged healing guns like the ones we use in shatterer fight to throw medpacks for our allies and i expect the ranged CC weapon to switch rounds/ammunition it can be a fire grenade, liquid nitrogen, bio poison grenade, electric grenade and so on... or even high velocity CC ammunition

Or just play engi? xD

oops.... i strayed away from the path of a soulbeast ranger... sorry... ;)

@kappa.2036 said:Honestly, i really don't understand how can you guys vote rifle. The majority of ranger's weapons already have too much projectiles: longbow, shortbow, axe mainhand, and almost all offhand weapons have atleast 1 projectile skill. As if this were not enough, most of the ranger's weapons skills are single-target. WE NEED an AoE weaponset without projectiles, with useful combo fields and combo finishers. I think hammer, scepter/focus or mace/shield might cover this role.

fire grenade launcher

Or just play engi? xD

oops.... i strayed away from the path of a soulbeast ranger... sorry... ;)

No you generally describing mortar kit so you go full on engi and not "stray away" from ranger.A riffle spec with nature themed bullets that give area denial or roots and ranged control would be fine but going full on technology is engineer and would break the class theme. In addition to that it is nit a solution to go ranged if we already can do that just for the sake of not dying in melee.The new e spec should give us the tools to survive in close quarters instead if just avoiding it melee combat. We can already do that with ranged weaponry and lots of evasions and mobility.

• 2 weeks later...

A shield would be fantastic. Something a bit more cc/engage oriented to pair with the dexterous sword. Could be grand with the throwing axe as well for that close range control. I'd certainly like to see a power focused specialization no matter what. If going with a shield, dumping a bunch of barrier into it in return for a real pet-less class would be pretty awesome. Like a warden of nature.

I'm game for a rifle as well! As a power weapon. Perhaps like a shotgun? Something a bit shorter than the longbow but with lots of area of effect. A cone based auto attack instead of a projectile one would be super nice at 600 or 800 range. If we're rolling with a rifle, the pet's gotta stay.