[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

@sacrilege.8439 said:I received a partial response to my ticket after 21 days, stating that they could not assist with that part. The agent did not however address the much more important portion of the ticket which is that I am unable to sign into the support site or purchase gems with anything other than gem cards which has become irritating. it has now been 11 days since that response and still no further information on fixing the issue. My ticket # is 6938210. The ticket that I believe led to the current issue is 6904518. @Gaile Gray.6029 I know you don't have time to investigate every ticket however I am over a month with no resolution. Thank you.

The issue has been resolved for me. Thank you.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OnkelGrimi.4275 said:Ticket#6969572 remove please her authentikator.....my wifes cellphone was stollen on 23/6/2018....not possible that it takes so long...is there just ONE person for tickets???its hillarous peeps...service look different

Now im really afraid..I had to reinstall windows and after the patch today it asked for the winauth which it didnt do for weeks..Im playing since beta and gad never any ticket opened as far as i remember. I dont want to wait several weeks :'(

@metalTiffy.7106 said:

Now im really afraid..I had to reinstall windows and after the patch today it asked for the winauth which it didnt do for weeks..Im playing since beta and gad never any ticket opened as far as i remember. I dont want to wait several weeks :'(

No one wants to wait for several weeks. Looking at this thread you can see how many people have waited for over 20 days. All anyone can do is have patience and hope the support team catches up soon.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I'm trying to recover my Guild Wars 1 account, but almost a week and not even a peep or a squeak. I have my username and password, all I need is for someone to tell me one of the character names so I can log in and play. But nah, nothing from support's side. #6990098

I can't remember the last time I encountered such terrible support. Backlog or no, this is disastrous. I almost can't believe your support systems are this bad. Come on! No doubt Guild Wars 1 support tickets are also getting the least priority in the queue.

@Csele.1647 said:I recently came back after 3 years and submitted a ticket 10 days ago, about refunding 5 permanent salvage tools and still dont have any answer at all, not even a bot msg, yet it says it had activity so one of their gm is looking at it and decided to ignore it 3 times without saying a single word, this fix has been done for me not only in this game before but in any other game in 15 minutes ,so this is makes them the worst support iv seen in 20 years of gaming in the worst cases i had automated answers but nothing at all here

This is what makes me the most upset. I can see that there was activity on my ticket after I made it, but no response whatsoever.

@"Zoop.1360" said:This is what makes me the most upset. I can see that there was activity on my ticket after I made it, but no response whatsoever.

My "last activity" updates at least 3 times a day without me opening them. Almost feels like they're being ignored which most likely isn't the case, but it's irritating to see.

@Zoop.1360 said:This is absolutely unacceptable. I'm trying to recover my Guild Wars 1 account, but almost a week and not even a peep or a squeak. I have my username and password, all I need is for someone to tell me one of the character names so I can log in and play. But nah, nothing from support's side. #6990098

I can't remember the last time I encountered such terrible support. Backlog or no, this is disastrous. I almost can't believe your support systems are this bad. Come on! No doubt Guild Wars 1 support tickets are also getting the least priority in the queue.

I agree: it's crazy and maddening that there ever was a backlog longer than a week and worse, that it's been months without sign of things getting better. On the other hand, what can we expect ANet to do?

• Hire more people? They have said they have done this. It unfortunately takes time to find good staff and bring them up to speed on the oddities of the game (and how to help legit concerns without giving freebies to the undeserving).
  • Prioritize account issues? They say they do this.
  • Deny more requests? Well, yes, that would help, but it would be maddening in an entirely new way. Personally, I'd rather wait.
  • Investigate requests with less rigor? That, too would help. But it would mean more 'scams' getting through. Again, personally, I'd rather wait.

Given the situation, acceptable or not, what else can they do?

(one thing not on my list, but I hope they do: do a better job of anticipating responses to sales and mass suspensions, do a better job of preparing for returning vets who can't remember account details — it's hard to have the right amount of stuff for the busiest months, without overpaying during the quiet ones, but surely there is a better balance than we have seen in 2018)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I agree: it's crazy and maddening that there ever was a backlog longer than a week and worse, that it's been months without sign of things getting better. On the other hand, what can we expect ANet to do?

• Hire more people? They have said they have done this. It unfortunately takes time to find good staff and bring them up to speed on the oddities of the game (and how to help legit concerns without giving freebies to the undeserving).
  • Deny more requests? Well, yes, that would help, but it would be maddening in an entirely new way. Personally, I'd rather wait.
  • Investigate requests with less rigor? That, too would help. But it would mean more 'scams' getting through. Again, personally, I'd rather wait.

(one thing not on my list, but I hope they do: do a better job of anticipating responses to sales and mass suspensions, do a better job of preparing for returning vets who can't remember account details — it's hard to have the right amount of stuff for the busiest months, without overpaying during the quiet ones, but surely there is a better balance than we have seen in 2018)

I will say that I haven't had this bad support in a very long time and it's not the first time it happens to Arenanet either. They quite regularly get swamped with support tickets and then this fiasco happens. It's just the first time (to my knowledge) that it last so long. There's clearly a huge problem in their support department and they should have addressed this ages ago.

Another problem is that they create more support issues through their poor design decisions. As an example, to do a simple password reset requires you to know your serial key and a character name. This is absolutely ridiculous for a password reset and no doubt a huge contributor to support tickets being made. Same goes with not being able to change your email address without contacting support. This is a standard feature that pretty much every big MMO has by default. The amount of times it saves accounts from being hacked cannot justify the sheer inconvenience or lost man-hours in the support department.From my perspective, they can do the following to help:

Remove the serial and character name requirements from password resets. Keep those only if a player needs to recover an account when password reset has failed.Remove Guild Wars 1 character name from the requirements to log in to the original game.*Let players change their email address themselves. Just implement better authentication around email address changes.

These 3 things alone should already make a decent dent in the amount of tickets. The hassle these systems create is not worth the benefits of having them. When people have to wait 3 weeks for a support resolution before they can play a game for an arbitrary reason like "forgot character name", it's a sign that your systems are not optimised at all. And there are many GW1 players who have been locked out of the game, as indicated by the complaints here and on Reddit.

I completely disagree. Accounts get hacked in every MMO on the market. It's not an issue that disproportionately affects GW2. Considering we still hear about hacked accounts regularly, these measures clearly aren't solving the problem.

These excessive security measures likely cause way more support tickets than they prevent hacked accounts. It's a ham-fisted way of doing it and there's a reason Guild Wars (1 and 2) is the only MMO on the market to use these measures. They're simply not good security solutions.

If you have proper 2FA or an authenticator app (both of which Arenanet has), these security measures should not be necessary. It's not 2012 anymore. Expecting people to remember character names in order to reset their password is simply not a reasonable security measure.

Maybe they should to a little "shift left" stuff. It means getting less work for the support and add it to the customer. Add self services so the user can change passwords, emails and Authentificator change alone if the got all needed stuff. This would remove a lot of work and the user gets what he wants immediatly.

I have added key, 3 Char names, email, etc. to my ticket 6996405 and now i have to wait 3 weeks. Or more to get the authentificator reset.Today there should be a proper self service. Most companys couldn't efford to do this all by hand.

@Paulyj.5483 said:

@"Zoop.1360" said:This is what makes me the most upset. I can see that there was activity on my ticket after I made it, but no response whatsoever.

My "last activity" updates at least 3 times a day without me opening them. Almost feels like they're being ignored which most likely isn't the case, but it's irritating to see.

This happened to me too. The tickets seldom updated the time of "last activity" once in every week, but there was no response from the support officer.

@Dante.2730 said:14 days and nothing, it had activity but no answer. I dont want to play until this issue is resolved because at the moment i feel like my account has been robbed.

ID: 6979711

If you still can login you should. Change password of the game, email and set up a 2nd factor authentification like email or so if not done already.

BTW, Can i priorise my ticket by buying gem cards ;)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Zoop.1360 said:This is absolutely unacceptable. I'm trying to recover my Guild Wars 1 account, but almost a week and not even a peep or a squeak. I have my username and password, all I need is for someone to tell me one of the character names so I can log in and play. But nah, nothing from support's side. #6990098

I agree: it's crazy and maddening that there ever was a backlog longer than a week and worse, that it's been months without sign of things getting better. On the other hand, what can we expect ANet to do?

It started in April. It's halfway through July. They've had enough time to work on establishing a temporary support system.

@"metalTiffy.7106" said:Maybe they should to a little "shift left" stuff. It means getting less work for the support and add it to the customer. Add self services so the user can change passwords, emails and Authentificator change alone if the got all needed stuff. This would remove a lot of work and the user gets what he wants immediatly.

I have added key, 3 Char names, email, etc. to my ticket 6996405 and now i have to wait 3 weeks. Or more to get the authentificator reset.Today there should be a proper self service. Most companys couldn't efford to do this all by hand.

I agree. My tickets have taken forever just to change my e-mail. I don't see why I have a dozen security features if I can't use them to change my sign-in at my own leisure.