Nerf This!

Cyric.7813

• 11 months later...

@James.9071 said:

@Cyric.7813 said:Lol guy walks nonstop ret, actually do nothing to me and i literally killed by myself, and it s normal.. Okay just okay

what do you play? you should be able to incorporate some kind of boonstrip into your build.Not every is a necromancer and core guardian have no problems to keep permanent retal uptime even if you strip it once.For an example blurred frenzy is 8 hits, use BF on 3 people who had retal granted by allies and its alrdy 24 hits.Core guardian is least of the problems to nerf it...

@"Crypto.7609" said:The only purpose of retal is to make some builds unplayable, like grenades engi, dual pistols thief etc.Thats all rly, no other purpose.Dual pistol thief is unplayble because its garbage spec, not because retal counters it in any way. Just like "grenade engi".

@Cyric.7813 said:Lol guy walks nonstop ret, actually do nothing to me and i literally killed by myself, and it s normal.. Okay just okay

No, you forgot how the guy was probably laughing so hard that he nearly spilled his coffee because someone actually falls for retaliaton in 2019.

What's the lesson learned here? Pay attention to your boons and conditions AND your targets boons and conditions.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

No, you forgot how the guy was probably laughing so hard that he nearly spilled his coffee because someone actually falls for retaliaton in 2019.

What's the lesson learned here? Pay attention to your boons and conditions AND your targets boons and conditions.Are you memeing ?Core guardian keep permanent retal even if you remove it once, do you really expect me to watch how he kills me and basically go AFK? Are you?

@praqtos.9035 said:

What's the lesson learned here? Pay attention to your boons and conditions AND your targets boons and conditions.Are you memeing ?Core guardian keep permanent retal even if you remove it once, do you really expect me to watch how he kills me and basically go AFK? Are you?

Well this is just straight up false.

@praqtos.9035 said:

So what you are saying is core guardians are basically unkillable? Cool, new super meta build found.

The fact you can't even figure out how to deal with retaliation is scary... Small hint: not attacking is not the only way but might be a smart start if you are being hard countered in a situation. Hopfully after disengaging and reengaging you have adapted your build...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

What's the lesson learned here? Pay attention to your boons and conditions AND your targets boons and conditions.

You know that core guardian has 100% uptime on retaliation, right? It is also so spamble that ripping it is almost useless.

On another note, I think retaliation should deal much less damage. It is passive damage that requires no input.

Smells like a ranger (I doubt its a mesmer because boonrip) sinking shots into a guard only to be surprised when they die. But I'll suspend that assertion.

@Crypto.7609 said:

The only purpose of retal is to make some builds unplayable, like grenades engi, dual pistols thief etc.Thats all rly, no other purpose.

It's also to make it so people who have rotations that deal insane amounts of damage over many rapid hits need to at least pay attention to something other than their memorized combo.

I'd say working as intended. I'd personally like more like this. Whichever class he was playing, this death was due to him sinking all his damage without at least considering the guards target bar.