Meteor Wars! - Page 5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Meteor Wars!

Comments

• SoV.5139SoV.5139 Member ✭✭✭

@Guizao.4167 said:
    So much hypocrisy here. Mirages and Scourges have been dominating ever since they were released and nobody went crazy about them the way people are ranting about Meteor Shower now. S I G H

Memorizing rotations for DPS and escape, and being able to execute them well enough to stay a step or two ahead of the enemy is on another skill level than drawing a circle around as many enemies as possible and pushing one button twice.

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Guizao.4167 said:
    So much hypocrisy here. Mirages and Scourges have been dominating ever since they were released and nobody went crazy about them the way people are ranting about Meteor Shower now. S I G H

Mirage was never an issue in zerg play, though it was/is hilarious OP roaming. Scourge had 900 range, affected 5 people at a time (10 if you stood on top of the enemy zerg) and wasn't an instant one shot into full dead. You could at least do something about it.

Take a look at that video, where do you see time to even react? Can you even see the meteors or aoe circle? I got hit with a 1s fear and 1s immobilize, instantly taken out of a fight. I wasn't even near where the fighting was.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

video of how good your reaction time must be to avoid being fully killed by the current meteor shower. 26k hp, 2.6k armor

You got like 2 sec to do double dodge. Even i could survive that and my k/d ratio is probably negative. :D

I was feared for 1s, which was enough time to get hit by 4 meteors that didn't even render on my screen inside an aoe circle that also didn't render. I wasn't in the melee ball, yet still got nuked in <1s. > @shinta.8906 said:

so out of position aswell.. > @Egorum.9506 said:

video of how good your reaction time must be to avoid being fully killed by the current meteor shower. 26k hp, 2.6k armor

as i said before. meteor calls out none moving, golem behaving targets..

if not meteor than the 20 ppl you plane stood in would ve killed you. i mean he screams at you right side tree the whole time yet..

The 20 people were focusing on the squad, we were regrouping after a bomb. I was accidentally one shot to full dead by meteors I could even see, and that seems okay to you? Lol

getting hit by 4 meteors bugged or not would most likely end up with you being dead anyway

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

@Guizao.4167 said:

Well, probably because the Meteor Shower is bugged whereas with Mirage and Scourge those are intended.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Guizao.4167 said:

Well, probably because the Meteor Shower is bugged whereas with Mirage and Scourge those are intended.

Sad but true. Ele doing any thing of worth is going to be a bug most of the time. Mirage one shoting ppl and scourge becoming unkillable are intended.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Celtus.8456Celtus.8456 Member ✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

Can we also make the staff ele projectiles slower? And give them more obstructed/range bugs? Go full meme ?

@Celtus.8456 said:
    Can we also make the staff ele projectiles slower? And give them more obstructed/range bugs? Go full meme ?

No! We will just have them act as if you say fire a fireball into the air it would simply burn out before it makes it to the target or rocks will fall apart mid air lighting dispersion and water becomes a fine mist.

Max meme with realism.

I realty hope they fix this soon i dont want to play wvw in such a state.

• SoulSlavocracy.4902SoulSlavocracy.4902 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@SoulSlavocracy.4902 said:
    Lots of new weavers running around the past few months. That's probably what you're noticing more than anything else

Yes thats why it suddenly has a 4 page thread and everyone and their dog is rolling a weaver after maining a single class for 4 years. Not to mention a dev post confirming the bug.

I mean ... it wouldn't be a problem if no one was doing it. Am I wrong about that? lol
    did you even read my post
    I realize meteor is bugged

| Solemn [DoM][PAL][BOZ][shrd] |
    | NSP (main) | Anvil Rock (alt)

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Guizao.4167 said:

I feel there is somewhat of a difference between that one decent power mirage you meet once or twice during a 2h session a couple of times per matchup, compared to a zerg meta of eles.

Just saying.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Guizao.4167Guizao.4167 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

@SoV.5139 said:

@Guizao.4167 said:

Memorizing rotations for DPS and escape, and being able to execute them well enough to stay a step or two ahead of the enemy is on another skill level than drawing a circle around as many enemies as possible and pushing one button twice.

Oh yeah of course, push a single button twice, be rooted in place, become an easy target and channel the skill fully in order to maximize its potential is indeed something a very easy thing to do, while you have to memorize that two skills of a lame rotation in order to stay a step or two ahead of your enemy so you can make the most of your dps and escape (blink, mirage cloak, distortion, stealth...) is of another skill level. Not to say that how easily it is to land a good Meteor Shower without having your enemies, uh, dodge once or twice to escape the damage. That's perfect isn't it?

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Guizao.4167 said:

And there's nothing wrong with those professions right? Because oneshotting people with meteor shower is a bug while oneshotting people with a mirage or scourge is completely right and acceptable. Makes complete sense.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Guizao.4167 said:

I feel there is somewhat of a difference between that one decent power mirage you meet once or twice during a 2h session a couple of times per matchup, compared to a zerg meta of eles.

Just saying.

A zerg meta of eles...how hard is to dodge once or twice? How hard is to have your firebrands healing you, proc protection, vigor and so on? I presume that since elementalists were out of the question for a long time when PoF + balance patches hit, people are getting surprised now that they're dying to meteor shower...

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Guizao.4167 said:
    A zerg meta of eles...how hard is to dodge once or twice? How hard is to have your firebrands healing you, proc protection, vigor and so on? I presume that since elementalists were out of the question for a long time when PoF + balance patches hit, people are getting surprised now that they're dying to meteor shower...

No its not. I love it. Its so easy to blow them up in the middle of a zerg with a power mirage - especially when they are channeling.

Just saying there is a reason we're not seeing 20+ shatter mesmers in every zerg and an ele or two trying to flank and gank.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• penguin.9271penguin.9271 Member ✭✭

@Jski.6180 said:

@Celtus.8456 said:

No! We will just have them act as if you say fire a fireball into the air it would simply burn out before it makes it to the target or rocks will fall apart mid air lighting dispersion and water becomes a fine mist.

Max meme with realism.

Make a video of eles one shooting the raid bosses with meteor showers, I'll guarantee you they'll fix it in 24 hours

edited July 15, 2018

@penguin.9271 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

@Celtus.8456 said:

Max meme with realism.

Make a video of eles one shooting the raid bosses with meteor showers, I'll guarantee you they'll fix it in 24 hours

Easier to post about it on the war forms about how wars are getting one shot by eles.

This is a game braking bug and it was know for hours after the update but the war bug for bleeding effect was fixed with in a day but this is not fixed yet. I really think anet is so blind about the ele class they cant even see bugs with it. I guess that an odd good thing for a time but a bug a bug and it is no means of making a class viable or not or worst yet some how making the pain of significant nerfs better.

I suggest if there are any problems with GW2 post about it in the war forms. Anet devs. only seems to read thoughts. At least we have to assume as much because there are years of no post in other forms about the very classes who are effect by bugs such as ele. I remember the signet was cut off for a good week on ele but it was never posted about by a dev on the ele forms.

I truly think there is something wrong with the culture of Anet's devs.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jski.6180 said:

@penguin.9271 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

@Celtus.8456 said:

Max meme with realism.

Easier to post about it on the war forms about how wars are getting one shot by eles.

This is a game braking bug and it was know for hours after the update but the war bug for bleeding effect was fixed with in a day but this is not fixed yet. I really think anet is so blind about the ele class they cant even see bugs with it. I guess that an odd good thing for a time but a bug a bug and it is no means of making a class viable or not or worst yet some how making the pain of significant nerfs better.

I suggest if there are any problems with GW2 post about it in the war forms. Anet devs. only seems to read thoughts. At least we have to assume as much because there are years of no post in other forms about the very classes who are effect by bugs such as ele. I remember the signet was cut off for a good week on ele but it was never posted about by a dev on the ele forms.

I truly think there is something wrong with the culture of Anet's devs.

Dont get me wrong, meteor is broken. But warr is the Last class that has the right to complain

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

You got like 2 sec to do double dodge. Even i could survive that and my k/d ratio is probably negative. :D

I was feared for 1s, which was enough time to get hit by 4 meteors that didn't even render on my screen inside an aoe circle that also didn't render. I wasn't in the melee ball, yet still got nuked in <1s. > @shinta.8906 said:

if not meteor than the 20 ppl you plane stood in would ve killed you. i mean he screams at you right side tree the whole time yet..

The 20 people were focusing on the squad, we were regrouping after a bomb. I was accidentally one shot to full dead by meteors I could even see, and that seems okay to you? Lol

getting hit by 4 meteors bugged or not would most likely end up with you being dead anyway

The scourge in that video has virtually no boons and gets stuck in a bomb. You can say whatever you wish about counterplay and I agree meteo isn't balanced at the moment; but you can't go "METEO OP" when standing in a bomb and not doing any counterplay.

Even before this bug, you'd get hit by 15k+ meteors and standing in bombs like that you'd most likely go down. That's the nature of a bomb; not the nature of meteo.

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:
    9k meteor does not sound that much to be honest. It is slow, it is highly telegraphed and easily dodged. I was not hit once by a meteor the whole evening as backliner.

First of all 21k is the current number floating around. And thats a 1 shot on any wvw build that isn't a kitten built to run away.

No ele is going to run into the enemy zerg far enough to meteor the enemies eles. Just because it's an issue you don't deal with doesn't make it a non issue.

Arguable; melee has next to 0 pressure on (good) eles. You need proper range to deal with enemy range; I don't know what meta you're playing but with the bug i'm prioritizing enemy eles as much as possible.

• Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

it's breaking wvw and no one enjoys this meteor nonsense, but it doesn't affect pve so anet don't care

[eA] Sakura | Kaineng

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shinta.8906 said:
    ppl cry over a large tell aoe when its literally the only thing weaver can hit atm that dont get reflected because of bubble wars and slow projectile speed with huge casttimes.

meanwhile:

• rev is close to weaver in dps but more consistent as it has less projectiles but also group support
    • worldly impact and gazelle charge
    • DJ
    • power mesmer bursts that stuns you in evade frames
    • reaper dmg buffs

how about:

focus partys?

In the chaos of battle it's pretty hard to keep track of the meteor zones even with really good ping. I think the counter is actually spellbreakers though.

• 3209 armor. Please just disable MS in WvW for now..

f.jpg

• Miko.4158Miko.4158 Member ✭✭✭

any ideas when this will be fixed? its not pvp. you can't dodge the whole screen is red
    if its going to be ages they should say so we can all a roll one.

• Darknicrofia.2604Darknicrofia.2604 Member ✭✭✭

meteor has also made sieging/counter sieging an area where enemies are present completely pointless.

want to build siege rams? too bad, your rams and your rammer (through iron hide) dies in 2 hits.

want to build AC on ledges to stop catas? too bad your ACs die in 2 shots with you on it.

the only way now to siege something is to do it before anyone shows up.

• ThiBash.5634ThiBash.5634 Member ✭✭

@Henrik.7560 said:
    it's breaking wvw and no one enjoys this meteor nonsense, but it doesn't affect pve so anet don't care

ArenaNet already commented that they're working on a fix. It's probably not as easy to fix as some of the other skills, or maybe it is a riskier change, meaning they need more testing before they can release it. I'm sure they're doing the best they can.

The scourge in that video has virtually no boons and gets stuck in a bomb. You can say whatever you wish about counterplay and I agree meteo isn't balanced at the moment; but you can't go "METEO OP" when standing in a bomb and not doing any counterplay.

Even before this bug, you'd get hit by 15k+ meteors and standing in bombs like that you'd most likely go down. That's the nature of a bomb; not the nature of meteo.

that's with protection on. 3k armor, you can even see the max corruptor's fervor stacks. what was the counterplay there? don't be within 1200 range of an ele at any time? lol

• Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

What in the world is taking you so long to revert this change? You should have reverted it back to how it was prior to the patch; copy paste the old code for Meteor Shower. Or why not disable it while it's this broken. You have disabled a Thief trait, I'm assuming you can disable skills too based on that. Getting hit for 16-20k instantly upon a Meteor Shower being cast with its already broken large radius and top tier 1200 range should have been hotfixed the very same day this got reported. This is incredibly game breaking for World vs. World. Oh, I wonder why there's suddenly this insanely large amount of Elementalists on some servers.. I'll admit I'm a bit upset and meow-hurt right now.

Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

• @Karl McLain.5604 said:
    I can confirm that the initial damage impact is currently too high and we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible.

will you also bring down the damage of mesmers, thieves and necros?

because they can attack on the move or out of stealth... so wouldn't it be balanced if they do a lot less damage?

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

@Karl McLain.5604 said:
    I can confirm that the initial damage impact is currently too high and we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible.

will you also bring down the damage of mesmers, thieves and necros?

because they can attack on the move or out of stealth... so wouldn't it be balanced if they do a lot less damage?

they did bring down the damage of mirage and necros?

condi mirage is easier to manage now than before, but still very strong. condi scourge is dead in the water, the dhummfire nerf was 40% of their overall damage. if power scourge is giving you trouble, just pressure them. they have to build very glassy to do even reasonable damage, have almost no stability, and no way to gap close

• Anjo.3170Anjo.3170 Member ✭✭

@ThiBash.5634 said:

@Henrik.7560 said:

ArenaNet already commented that they're working on a fix. It's probably not as easy to fix as some of the other skills, or maybe it is a riskier change, meaning they need more testing before they can release it. I'm sure they're doing the best they can.

And this is even more reason for them to disable MS until there is a fix.

• so what else do eles have? auto-attack? slow and pityfull damage. Lava Font? A sad Joke. Earth attacks? All a sad joke.

Meteor is the only skill doing ANY damage. And it takes ages to cast. Ages where you can't move.

In the meantime, Necros can run around freely, have 10k more hp, put their fields everywhere and dominate dps meters. And you are complaining/contemplating a nerf?

WHY?

Mesmers and thieves with their 24k hits out of stealth aren't balanced either - and you never nerfed those. WHY?

Why anet, do you hurt eles at every turn, while warriors with their perma blocks run around unmolested, scourges rule dps and are high hp, and mesmers&thieves can gank without having to worry of any kind of defense?

And then you are worried about an easy to dodge field? Seriously?

• Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

A skill with 360 radius that you can blink away while casting at 1200 range that can 1 shot half the people in a zerg seems balanced. I main elementalist and this needs to be nerfed, it's game breaking.

[eA] Sakura | Kaineng

edited July 15, 2018

[...]

Meteor is the only skill doing ANY damage. And it takes ages to cast. Ages where you can't move.

[...]

Mesmers and thieves with their 24k hits out of stealth aren't balanced either - and you never nerfed those. WHY?

[...]

Mesmer has never done 24k damage out of stealth. That is far more HP than you would have on a glass Elementalist at any rate, so throwing ridiculous numbers out there is just silly. Mesmers can't even reliably burst you if you pay attention and keep your Stun Break skills and/or a dodge/evade/block/invulnerability ready for the clones rushing you down. If you can't dodge those clones rushing you, that's on you, you got outplayed (and I'm not saying I never get outplayed). Getting hit by Backstab is another thing entirely. And that too are not going to hit for 24k on its own (— to be fair, I don't remember how hard it hit on Elementalists, there's been a few years since I were a Thief main. I know it typically one-shot, and that is not okay). Do Thieves need a reality check on there being broken mechanics to their class and a balance pass? Definitely. Does that mean Elementalists should be broken with Meteor Shower instantly hitting for literally 16-20k when it's a 1200 range 360 radius skill? No. They are even mathematically doing impossible numbers now based on the skill math. It's also not easy to dodge something that hits you immediately and/or a couple times before you can even get out of the large radius it has. It is broken. It is bugged. It needs a fix. Fast. You and 15 other Elementalists, some of which who are just bandwagon jumping on to the class to abuse the bug with their server, are casting it from the backline/midst of your zerg, that it takes a while to cast is kinda redundant.

You seem to be talking about Mesmers and Thieves in terms of roaming; yes, Staff Elementalist is not great for duels and roaming. If you want a roaming build, you got to build for roaming. There are Elementalist roaming options. You'll need some Vitality and Toughness mixed in with Power, Precision, Ferocity, perhaps a bit of Boon Duration, some Condition Damage and Expertise thrown in. And you need to not use Staff. It's the same for pretty much all classes. You get forced into certain skills, traits and weapons if you want to be versatile and able to roam.

I do know that in a zerg environment you are expected to use a Staff due to Meteor Shower being one of the few skills capable of dealing with distant siege. But you should also be protected by your zerg. In that environment all you need to focus on is to stay alive and tagging as many bodies as you can for bags. Your individual damage is borderline irrelevant (though more damage is better as it makes dealing with the enemy zerg easier, obviously). Stealthy glass Mesmers and Thieves aren't going to be that useful in a zerg environment either mind you, aside from attacking from the sides. Super risky business with an enemy zerg that actually pays attention and protects their sides and back. Lastly, the solution to what can be considered broken classes isn't to make more broken classes. That won't be fun for anyone. "X and Y can do A and B, so why can't we do C?" is a completely ridiculous argument. Fix A and B instead.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's the weekend... they don't work on weekends... figure people would know this by now...

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

so what else do eles have? auto-attack? slow and pityfull damage. Lava Font? A sad Joke. Earth attacks? All a sad joke.

In the meantime, Necros can run around freely, have 10k more hp, put their fields everywhere and dominate dps meters. And you are complaining/contemplating a nerf?

WHY?

Why anet, do you hurt eles at every turn, while warriors with their perma blocks run around unmolested, scourges rule dps and are high hp, and mesmers&thieves can gank without having to worry of any kind of defense?

Ele was doing considerable dps even before the meteor buff. It has a different playstyle to necros and mesmers. You can start casting meteor, teleport away, and your meteor will still hit. This isnt pve where you have to continually dish out the 35k rotation. I found out that with the lower lava font CD, I can pressure more (downed or otherwise)
    Meteor as it is now, is broken. And i play a lot as ele

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

Meteor shower doesnt need a nerf since its actually bugged.. alot of people i see dying to MS are dying due to bad play not because of MS being bugged anyway.

• @Absconditus.6804 said:

[...]

[...]

[...]

Mesmer has never done 24k damage out of stealth. That is far more HP than you would have on a glass Elementalist at any rate, so throwing ridiculous numbers out there is just silly. Do you know that you can stow all materials in bank storage with three clicks? Open inventory, click on the cog in the top right corner, select 'Deposit All Materials'.

it hit me, for 24k. jumped, hit, jumped out. When people came to rez, it jumped in again, took two people out, jumped out. Broken.

Simple as that.

Mesmers can't even reliably burst you if you pay attention and keep your Stun Break skills and/or a dodge/evade/block/invulnerability ready for the clones rushing you down.

you mean all the stun breaks that have cast time? Block, invul with cast time? arent you confusing something atm?

You seem to be talking about Mesmers and Thieves in terms of roaming; yes, Staff Elementalist is not great for duels and roaming. If you want a roaming build, you got to build for roaming. There are Elementalist roaming options. You'll need some Vitality and Toughness mixed in with Power, Precision, Ferocity, perhaps a bit of Boon Duration, some Condition Damage and Expertise thrown in. And you need to not use Staff. It's the same for pretty much all classes. You get forced into certain skills, traits and weapons if you want to be versatile and able to roam.

You run in a zerg. You position yourself. You get ganked. That is the rule. That is how it is. So if you finally have the luck to get off anything, you should be highly rewarded. Not?

btw, thief, just now:

11k mal. backstab
    2.5k heartseeker
    14k deaths judgement

all straight one after another.

And people think ele is broken?

High risk, high reward, right?

Thief and mesmer are: no risk, high reward.
    ele without the meteor shower 'bug' is: all risk no reward.

Sure, scourges, thieves and mesmers are salty about this. All there no risk, rule the field builds finally getting some competition. And sure, warriors with their almost perma blocks and evades might be a bit... lets say, worried.

But all these no risk, high reward builds are BROKEN. So fix them first before you nerf hammer ele AGAIN.

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

the only one who is having fun is the elementalist

everyone else just randomly gets oneshot by 14k/15k back to back meteors

it's getting fixed, stop trying to defend this broken skill and compare it to ROAMING MIRAGES (lol) when its broken against GROUPS

• @TheHeretic.3529 said:
    3209 armor. Please just disable MS in WvW for now..

f.jpg

This is just hilarious, complaining about MS which is a 30sec CD, but the 10k CoR on a 4sec CD is ok?

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    It's the weekend... they don't work on weekends... figure people would know this by now...

This bug was known way before the weekend but it was not fixed. There is a lot of reason that the mess in wvw is Anet falt comply now.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jski.6180 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

This bug was known way before the weekend but it was not fixed. There is a lot of reason that the mess in wvw is Anet falt comply now.

And it wasn't acknowledged until friday in this thread by karl.
    Earliest I would expect a fix is the tuesday patch.

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Ele has always done lots of damage, but I believe is probably the most vulnerable of all the classes. No armor, few condi removals + stun breaks available (esp when using staff which everybody is right now).

Its always been the case that a group of eles bombing one target at once usually results in death, im not sure what the real issue everyone is having is. If you manage to get to the backline the eles normally drop fast?

Shrug anyway, its fun everyone is playing alittle bit differently this weekend.

edited July 15, 2018

@Absconditus.6804 said:
    Mesmers can't even reliably burst you if you pay attention and keep your Stun Break skills and/or a dodge/evade/block/invulnerability ready for the clones rushing you down.

you mean all the stun breaks that have cast time? Block, invul with cast time? arent you confusing something atm?

Arcane Shield, instant cast, blocks 3 attacks, Breaks Stun.
    Armor of Earth, instant cast, Breaks Stun. A secondary version can be traited with Earth's Embrace to trigger automatically at 50% HP.
    Mist Form, instant cast, invulnerable, Breaks Stun.
    Glyph of Elemental Power, instant cast, Breaks Stun.
    Signet of Air, instant cast, Breaks Stun.
    Twist of Fate on Weaver, 1 second cast time, evades, Superspeed to reposition/disengage, Breaks Stun.

You can also use Obsidian Flesh for instant invulnerability.
    Vapor Form in downed state can help you retreat to your allies if you happen to get downed and hopefully get revived.

Burning retreat on Staff has an evade, and as far as I remember were pretty much instant. Blinding Ashes can help with more evades through Blinds.
    Burning Speed on Dagger has an evade, pretty fast at ¾ of a second cast time. Blinding Ashes trait applies the same way here.
    Steam Surge on Dagger has an evade, ¾ of a second cast time, heals and produces a Combo Field: Water for more heal potential.
    Updraft from offhand Dagger has an evade, pretty sure it's instant.
    Fiery Frost on Weaver Scepter has an evade, ¾ of a second cast time.
    Mud Slide on Weaver Dagger has an evade, 1 second cast time, unblockable and knocks down.

It's not like you completely lack options here. Are all of these skills/traits good? That's up to you to decide. Make your own build to deal with what you struggle with. And yes, in a zerg, I know you are expected to run Staff, so you'll have to rely on your team to keep you safe, your choice of Utility Skills, Burning Retreat, etc. And maybe don't run full glass cannon if you currently are? Get some Vitality and Toughness into your setup somehow.

Here's some videos I found with a quick search on YouTube that maybe can inspire you, one with a Staff roamer fighting Thieves and other classes;

This guy fights both a Thief and a Mesmer at the same time and wins. I also clicked through to a very in-depth guide.

@Absconditus.6804 said:

@Absconditus.6804 said:

Arcane Shield, instant cast, blocks 3 attacks, Breaks Stun.
    Armor of Earth, instant cast, Breaks Stun. A secondary version can be traited with Earth's Embrace to trigger automatically at 50% HP.
    Mist Form, instant cast, invulnerable, Breaks Stun.
    Glyph of Elemental Power, instant cast, Breaks Stun.
    Signet of Air, instant cast, Breaks Stun.
    Twist of Fate on Weaver, 1 second cast time, evades, Superspeed to reposition/disengage, Breaks Stun.

You can also use Obsidian Flesh for instant invulnerability.
    Vapor Form in downed state can help you retreat to your allies if you happen to get downed and hopefully get revived.

Burning retreat on Staff has an evade, and as far as I remember were pretty much instant. Blinding Ashes can help with more evades through Blinds.
    Burning Speed on Dagger has an evade, pretty fast at ¾ of a second cast time. Blinding Ashes trait applies the same way here.
    Steam Surge on Dagger has an evade, ¾ of a second cast time, heals and produces a Combo Field: Water for more heal potential.
    Updraft from offhand Dagger has an evade, pretty sure it's instant.
    Fiery Frost on Weaver Scepter has an evade, ¾ of a second cast time.
    Mud Slide on Weaver Dagger has an evade, 1 second cast time, unblockable and knocks down.

It's not like you completely lack options here. Are all of these skills/traits good? That's up to you to decide. Make your own build to deal with what you struggle with. And yes, in a zerg, I know you are expected to run Staff, so you'll have to rely on your team to keep you safe, your choice of Utility Skills, Burning Retreat, etc. And maybe don't run full glass cannon if you currently are? Get some Vitality and Toughness into your setup somehow.

Here's some videos I found with a quick search on YouTube that maybe can inspire you;

This guy fights both a Thief and a Mesmer at the same time and wins. I also clicked through to a very in-depth guide.

When you can have all of that and still use Meteor you have a point but ele lacks wepon swap so your point is lost.

edited July 15, 2018

In what way is it lost? You can still use defensive traits, defensive and offensive mixed gear, defensive utility skills like the ones I listed above. If you want to roam, you don't have to use Staff, though if you want to do so, look at the first video I found from my quick search on YouTube. He's an Elementalist using Staff while roaming before this bug from just 4 weeks ago. Blowing up thieves and what not. It's not like you are unable to function with Staff, clearly. If this guy can do that, you can too. You certainly don't need a bugged and clearly broken skill to remain unfixed just because you like abusing it and seeing numbers it shouldn't mathematically be able to produce.

@Absconditus.6804 said:
    In what way is it lost? You can still use defensive traits, defensive and offensive mixed gear, defensive utility skills like the ones I listed above. If you want to roam, you don't have to use Staff, though if you want to do so, look at the first video I found from my quick search on YouTube. He's an Elementalist using Staff while roaming before this bug from just 4 weeks ago. Blowing up thieves and what not. It's not like you are unable to function with Staff, clearly. If this guy can do that, you can too. You certainly don't need a bugged and clearly broken skill to remain unfixed just because you like abusing it and seeing numbers it shouldn't mathematically be able to produce.

All of this is about meteor and as far as i know that only a staff thing. As ele cant swap weapons mid combat like other classes ele loses out a lot of your def skill.

edited July 15, 2018

Yes, Meteor Shower is a Staff skill that is currently bugged. What does weapon swapping have to do with anything? You got some defensive stuff on the Staff too, like Burning Retreat. You can use gear like Marauder mixed with Berserker and Valkyrie that doesn't get you instantly blown up when people look at you the wrong way. You can still use a selection of instant Breaks Stun utilities that also have Blocks, Invulnerability, buffs and so on forth. You can use traits that helps with your survivability like Tempest Defense from Air giving you Shocking Aura if you get disabled or Final Shielding from Arcane which gives you Lesser Arcane Shield and blocks up to 3 attacks over the course of 5 seconds if you get below 50% health. Again, the first video has an Elementalist roaming around only using Staff. He's not swapping the weapon, yet he's not immediately dying. He is using a build that lets him perform while also letting him survive. The majority of the stronger skills I listed are not related to weapons. What I listed are also not all the build options for Elementalists, obviously, it was a small selection to the argument that Elementalists only have long cast skills to Break Stun, block, evade or gain invulnerable state with. Again, check the videos, then look at their linked builds, take some inspiration from those if you think you need Meteor Shower to remain bugged in order to perform on Elementalist.

• michelada.2947michelada.2947 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

so are we going to need to wait 2 months for this "HOTFIX"?

@Absconditus.6804 said:
    Yes, Meteor Shower is a Staff skill that is currently bugged. What does weapon swapping have to do with anything? You got some defensive stuff on the Staff too, like Burning Retreat. You can use gear like Marauder mixed with Berserker and Valkyrie that doesn't get you instantly blown up when people look at you the wrong way. You can still use a selection of instant Breaks Stun utilities that also have Blocks, Invulnerability, buffs and so on forth. You can use traits that helps with your survivability like Tempest Defense from Air giving you Shocking Aura if you get disabled or Final Shielding from Arcane which gives you Lesser Arcane Shield and blocks up to 3 attacks over the course of 5 seconds if you get below 50% health. Again, the first video has an Elementalist roaming around only using Staff. He's not swapping the weapon, yet he's not immediately dying. He is using a build that lets him perform while also letting him survive. The majority of the stronger skills I listed are not related to weapons. What I listed are also not all the build options for Elementalists, obviously, it was a small selection to the argument that Elementalists only have long cast skills to Break Stun, block, evade or gain invulnerable state with. Again, check the videos, then look at their linked builds, take some inspiration from those if you think you need Meteor Shower to remain bugged in order to perform on Elementalist.

All on long cd vs classes who have stuns on much lower cd. As well as all being super viability to strips something ele cant deal with at all as well as chill. The blocks on ele are some of the weakest in game and the invul are locked behind wepon or put in you in a state that leaves you unable to do any thing during them as well as weekends your pAoE.

Passive def skill that needs you to get hit are the worst things ele could have as an def skill because of the lowest hp / def in the game. As well as the icd on such effects as auras (auras that only work when your getting hit and if your getting hit as an ele your already death).

Ele is a mages but a lot of its effects are not very mage like. There is a real thing about ele trying to be some type of battle mages with out having the effects of "mana shields" where you let your magic take hits for you were ele has your magic simply makes the hits not hit as badly something you should see on a melee class or war class.

Put this all simply ele is locked behind the wepon they want to use so a def wepon will give you ok def but you lose all your dmg as the dmg wepon are the only things that make you worth having for a group. In a way you live though things but do nothing of worth or you do things of worth but dont have any means of living.

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

poor ele
    all of these nerfs
    :(

• Kolmena.2416Kolmena.2416 Member ✭✭

If only we could test the balance changes before they were implemented right?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

It has just gone past 48 hrs since Karl acknowledged the bug. And it's the weekend.

Like @XenesisII.1540 noted: look for a fix on Tuesday. Otherwise take a deep breath.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• SoV.5139SoV.5139 Member ✭✭✭

@Guizao.4167 said:

Oh yeah of course, push a single button twice, be rooted in place, become an easy target and channel the skill fully in order to maximize its potential is indeed something a very easy thing to do, while you have to memorize that two skills of a lame rotation in order to stay a step or two ahead of your enemy so you can make the most of your dps and escape (blink, mirage cloak, distortion, stealth...) is of another skill level. Not to say that how easily it is to land a good Meteor Shower without having your enemies, uh, dodge once or twice to escape the damage. That's perfect isn't it?

Working as intended vs obviously not working as intended.

The fact that something else isnt working the way you want it to doesnt justify the current no-sustain no-armor meta that will result from leaving something like this in game long term. "Leave eles alone because mesmers" is a horrible non sequitur of a position. If you think something about mesmer is OP start a relevant conversation on it.

As often as people complain about things that are "not skillful play" on these forums, there sure are alot of people defending this staff 5 fire ele hilarity.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.