[E.Spec Suggestion] Broodslayer

TheSwede.9512

Just... your 'lore' of this elite spec would have to go as it does not fit with the Revenant class. Revs should NOT be calling upon the actual Spirits of the Wild; they commune with the Mists and Mist formed echoes, not the spirits. Everything of this class could be done as just channeling Asgeir Dragonrender.

@Thermaltron.6829 said:Just... your 'lore' of this elite spec would have to go as it does not fit with the Revenant class. Revs should NOT be calling upon the actual Spirits of the Wild; they commune with the Mists and Mist formed echoes, not the spirits. Everything of this class could be done as just channeling Asgeir Dragonrender.

No the lore does not, If they call upon asgeir then the spirits would take notice as we would become the incarnation of Asgeri himself and he is the ONLY norn who has ever been granted every spirits favor as well their blessing to the levels he had been. Plus The spirits of the wild are not like gods they do leave ripples in the mists which is evident from the personal story with the norn; The lore is just fine and I think it works perfectly.

But lets be real....when has A-net EVER let the lore of this franchise stop ANYTHING they do?

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"Thermaltron.6829" said:Just... your 'lore' of this elite spec would have to go as it does not fit with the Revenant class. Revs should NOT be calling upon the actual Spirits of the Wild; they commune with the Mists and Mist formed echoes, not the spirits. Everything of this class could be done as just channeling Asgeir Dragonrender.

No the lore does not, If they call upon asgeir then the spirits would take notice as we would become the incarnation of Asgeri himself and he is the ONLY norn who has ever been granted every spirits favor as well their blessing to the levels he had been. Plus The spirits of the wild are not like gods they do leave ripples in the mists which is evident from the personal story with the norn; The lore is just fine and I think it works perfectly.

But lets be real....when has A-net EVER let the lore of this franchise stop ANYTHING they do?

Thornwolf is correct here, but part of this is still on me. I worded it in a clumsy manner that pretty much directly implied the Broodslayer communes directly with the Spirits of the Wild, rather than have their attention from channeling Asgeir. It's less a "Chat with the spirits" and more like a "They've got their eyes on you, don't screw this up and you might get a pat on the head" kinda deal.

Fixed that real quick.

@TheSwede.9512 said:

@"Thermaltron.6829" said:Just... your 'lore' of this elite spec would have to go as it does not fit with the Revenant class. Revs should NOT be calling upon the actual Spirits of the Wild; they commune with the Mists and Mist formed echoes, not the spirits. Everything of this class could be done as just channeling Asgeir Dragonrender.

Thornwolf is correct here, but part of this is still on me. I worded it in a clumsy manner that pretty much directly implied the Broodslayer communes directly with the Spirits of the Wild, rather than have their attention from channeling Asgeir. It's less a "Chat with the spirits" and more like a "They've got their eyes on you, don't screw this up and you might get a pat on the head" kinda deal.

Fixed that real quick.

I feel like the spirits being "Present" is enough, But asgeir would be the one your conversing with. I think he could make a very interesting ally and a staltwart companion leading into future events. Make this a power based spec... and there you go we have a buddy that shiro can bunk with in your mind while you slaughter things; Thematically this is the Strongest suggestion I've seen for a legend and the one I hope in its entirety is used.

Tbh I hope the next elite spec Rev gets will remove the legend swap and put something else in there, making you only use that new legend. While doing that they could add more than just 3 utility skills/1 heal/1 elite to choose from so you could get a bit variance. Like how cool it would be to have a one decent heal skills instead of 2 mediocre ones.

@Frozey.8513 said:Tbh I hope the next elite spec Rev gets will remove the legend swap and put something else in there, making you only use that new legend. While doing that they could add more than just 3 utility skills/1 heal/1 elite to choose from so you could get a bit variance. Like how cool it would be to have a one decent heal skills instead of 2 mediocre ones.

Why do we have to give up Legend swap to have one decent heal skill? Also, robbing it of Legend swap pretty much means that Elite has to be one hell of an Elite because picking that Legend would be pretty much that one Legend and nothing else and if you can't build decent builds off of those extra utility skills then we are looking at a wasted Elite. I think removing Legend swap for an Elite spec gives us less variance, not more.

@Dace.8173 said:

@Frozey.8513 said:Tbh I hope the next elite spec Rev gets will remove the legend swap and put something else in there, making you only use that new legend. While doing that they could add more than just 3 utility skills/1 heal/1 elite to choose from so you could get a bit variance. Like how cool it would be to have a one decent heal skills instead of 2 mediocre ones.

Why do we have to give up Legend swap to have one decent heal skill? Also, robbing it of Legend swap pretty much means that Elite has to be one hell of an Elite because picking that Legend would be pretty much that one Legend and nothing else and if you can't build decent builds off of those extra utility skills then we are looking at a wasted Elite. I think removing Legend swap for an Elite spec gives us less variance, not more.

Because we currently have access to 2 healing skills, which has lead to them being weaker than those of other professions due to obvious reason of not making Rev better than others in that sense. If we also have access to only one heal it would have to be on par with those of the other classes.

Also with one Legend they could just make it so you Energy always refreshes to 100, and doesn't start at 50.

I do agree that the Legend would have to be designed very well to work out, but in the current state of Rev I doubt it would be that hard thing to pull off. I don't really care if we get more variance or not, I just want a working Elite so we can finally forget Kalla ever existed.

@Frozey.8513 said:

Because we currently have access to 2 healing skills, which has lead to them being weaker than those of other professions due to obvious reason of not making Rev better than others in that sense. If we also have access to only one heal it would have to be on par with those of the other classes.

Also with one Legend they could just make it so you Energy always refreshes to 100, and doesn't start at 50.

I do agree that the Legend would have to be designed very well to work out, but in the current state of Rev I doubt it would be that hard thing to pull off. I don't really care if we get more variance or not, I just want a working Elite so we can finally forget Kalla ever existed.

What you propose locks Revenant into one build and one build only and that build would have to be awesome and amazing for it to be worthwhile. Also, I have seen nothing that indicates that having access to two healing skills has lead to them making them weak skills. Energy goes to 100 in combat so that's not really an issue in most cases. There is also the fact that being stuck in only one Legend doesn't give them any reason to have Energy at 100 at all times. What you propose limits Revenant in worse ways than the profession already faces. If they don't make it into the Legend to be all Legends then we would have just another wasted Legend. I don't want that. Not being locked into a single Legend gives people a chance to actually engage in designing unique builds and not just one build that everyone has to play. What you propose limits the potential Revenant and would lead it to be more subpar than it is currently felt to be.

Also, Kalla is fun.

@Dace.8173 said:

What you propose locks Revenant into one build and one build only and that build would have to be awesome and amazing for it to be worthwhile. Also, I have seen nothing that indicates that having access to two healing skills has lead to them making them weak skills. Energy goes to 100 in combat so that's not really an issue in most cases. There is also the fact that being stuck in only one Legend doesn't give them any reason to have Energy at 100 at all times. What you propose limits Revenant in worse ways than the profession already faces. If they don't make it into the Legend to be all Legends then we would have just another wasted Legend. I don't want that. Not being locked into a single Legend gives people a chance to actually engage in designing unique builds and not just one build that everyone has to play. What you propose limits the potential Revenant and would lead it to be more subpar than it is currently felt to be.

Also, Kalla is fun.

I don't see at all how being able to choose your 6-10 slot skills could in anyway limit Rev into one build and one build only. Also what comes to the healing skills they are not as strong as what other classes have, for the obvious reason that we get 2 of them. Being able to choose all your utility would only make Rev more diverse, rather than limiting it to one build as you stated.

Energy goes to 100 in combat yeah, but it starting from 50 instead of 100 lowers the burst potential initially. Starting from 50 with a legend swap makes sense but having one legends shouldn't need such limitation. Perhaps in this case also giving extra energy regeneration options could be possible.

You don't want this and that is totally okay, but that doesn't mean everyone else feel the same.

And yeah Kalla is fun, it's just not working.

@Frozey.8513 said:

Also, Kalla is fun.

I don't see at all how being able to choose your 6-10 slot skills could in anyway limit Rev into one build and one build only. Also what comes to the healing skills they are not as strong as what other classes have, for the obvious reason that we get 2 of them. Being able to choose all your utility would only make Rev more diverse, rather than limiting it to one build as you stated.

Energy goes to 100 in combat yeah, but it starting from 50 instead of 100 lowers the burst potential initially. Starting from 50 with a legend swap makes sense but having one legends shouldn't need such limitation. Perhaps in this case also giving extra energy regeneration options could be possible.

You don't want this and that is totally okay, but that doesn't mean everyone else feel the same.

Other professions have a variety in builds due to the fact that they are making use of all their mechanics in order to build their differing builds. What you propose pretty much locks Revenant into a singular set of builds that don't interact with the rest of its mechanics like the other professions do. Other Elites allow a profession to build on top of what the core offers. This offers only building with the handful of skills it would have without any true interaction with the rest of the profession. That automatically limits the number of possible builds to pretty much be whatever the build the Elite had in mind to support. There would be no tinkering or experimenting. Just whatever those 6 or so skills offered. The Elite would lack synergy with the rest of the profession mechanics. Which is why it would be locked into only one build. Those skills would have to be focused tightly on the role of the Elite. You need those 6 to 10 utility skills to be tightly focused in order to get a working build. If they waver too much from the core idea of the Elite then you are just going to have 6 to 10 subpart skills. This problem would be heightened as those 6 to 10 skills need to have synergy with just themselves and nothing else, unlike other professions that have more wiggle room. And with only 6 to 10 skills to work with you really are only looking at 1 or 2 builds.

As for your healing skills, that's a guess not supported by much of anything. It could just as easily be the case that you feel the healing skills are subpar due to the fact that one of the Legends is pretty much nothing but healing skills and if healing were really an issue a player could swap into that Legend. So no, it is not obvious reasons. And I have some serious doubts that having energy starting at 50 prevents burst damage.

Limiting the profession to just one Legend in no way creates more diversity as you lock the profession out of the entirety of its other Legend mechanics. Reducing Revenant's diversity to just utility skill choice limits the profession as it wasn't built on the idea that utility skill choice creates the diversity but that the skill/Legend interaction created its diversity. Which brings me back to, this would have to be one hell of a Legend or it would be a bigger wasted Elite than what Revenant already has. You can't remove 80% of the profession and then say the remaining 20% is actually more diverse than it would be had it remained at 100%.

@Dace.8173 said:

Also, Kalla is fun.

Other professions have a variety in builds due to the fact that they are making use of all their mechanics in order to build their differing builds. What you propose pretty much locks Revenant into a singular set of builds that don't interact with the rest of its mechanics like the other professions do. Other Elites allow a profession to build on top of what the core offers. This offers only building with the handful of skills it would have without any true interaction with the rest of the profession. That automatically limits the number of possible builds to pretty much be whatever the build the Elite had in mind to support. There would be no tinkering or experimenting. Just whatever those 6 or so skills offered. The Elite would lack synergy with the rest of the profession mechanics. Which is why it would be locked into only one build. Those skills would have to be focused tightly on the role of the Elite. You need those 6 to 10 utility skills to be tightly focused in order to get a working build. If they waver too much from the core idea of the Elite then you are just going to have 6 to 10 subpart skills. This problem would be heightened as those 6 to 10 skills need to have synergy with just themselves and nothing else, unlike other professions that have more wiggle room. And with only 6 to 10 skills to work with you really are only looking at 1 or 2 builds.

As for your healing skills, that's a guess not supported by much of anything. It could just as easily be the case that you feel the healing skills are subpar due to the fact that one of the Legends is pretty much nothing but healing skills and if healing were really an issue a player could swap into that Legend. So no, it is not obvious reasons. And I have some serious doubts that having energy starting at 50 prevents burst damage.

Limiting the profession to just one Legend in no way creates more diversity as you lock the profession out of the entirety of its other Legend mechanics. Reducing Revenant's diversity to just utility skill choice limits the profession as it wasn't built on the idea that utility skill choice creates the diversity but that the skill/Legend interaction created its diversity. Which brings me back to, this would have to be one hell of a Legend or it would be a bigger wasted Elite than what Revenant already has. You can't remove 80% of the profession and then say the remaining 20% is actually more diverse than it would be had it remained at 100%.

You are welcome to feel that way, but I hardly can agree on any of your arguments.

One way to take existing skills into this is make the legend be able to choose from all of them, with legend adding some nice effects making them better to justify over having 3 utilities instead of 6. I never once stated in my previous posts I would limit this legend to only one elite, they should take multiple ones unless they can come up with something so universally great that it works with everything.

Saying my healing skill argument is just a guess not supported by anything is fine, but can you backup that claim by facts? I doubt you can.

Boosting Revenant to be able to focus on just one Legend with some actual choices of what you want to make your build for would in my opinion make Rev more diverse, unlike what you make claims for. I suppose we have to agree to disagree on this matter, but I'm glad you took your time to write your opinion over this suggestion. Thanks.

@Frozey.8513 said:

Also, Kalla is fun.

You are welcome to feel that way, but I hardly can agree on any of your arguments.

One way to take existing skills into this is make the legend be able to choose from all of them, with legend adding some nice effects making them better to justify over having 3 utilities instead of 6. I never once stated in my previous posts I would limit this legend to only one elite, they should take multiple ones unless they can come up with something so universally great that it works with everything.

Saying my healing skill argument is just a guess not supported by anything is fine, but can you backup that claim by facts? I doubt you can.

Boosting Revenant to be able to focus on just one Legend with some actual choices of what you want to make your build for would in my opinion make Rev more diverse, unlike what you make claims for. I suppose we have to agree to disagree on this matter, but I'm glad you took your time to write your opinion over this suggestion. Thanks.

Aaaaaaaah I get it. You want Revenant to stop being Revenant. Gotcha. Strip Revenant of everything that makes it Revenant by giving it one mega Legend that gives it access to everything that the profession has (including other Elites which other professions don't get access to but hey who cares about game balance when we are tossing out how the profession actually works). Why bother playing Revenant if you basically want to rob Revenant of the things that make it unique? It certinatly isn't for game balance.

Also, I really don't need to back my position on healing skill with facts. The burden of proof on the matter is on you since you are the one to make the claim that having two healing skills was the reason why healing skills were subpar. I just challenged that position and offered up an equally plausible reason. I really don't need to prove that point since I didn't make the initial claim about why the healing skills worked the way the did. The only person who would need facts on that matter is you. I just have to question it.

@Dace.8173 said:

Also, Kalla is fun.

Aaaaaaaah I get it. You want Revenant to stop being Revenant. Gotcha. Strip Revenant of everything that makes it Revenant by giving it one mega Legend that gives it access to everything that the profession has (including other Elites which other professions don't get access to but hey who cares about game balance when we are tossing out how the profession actually works). Why bother playing Revenant if you basically want to rob Revenant of the things that make it unique? It certinatly isn't for game balance.

Also, I really don't need to back my position on healing skill with facts. The burden of proof on the matter is on you since you are the one to make the claim that having two healing skills was the reason why healing skills were subpar. I just challenged that position and offered up an equally plausible reason. I really don't need to prove that point since I didn't make the initial claim about why the healing skills worked the way the did. The only person who would need facts on that matter is you. I just have to question it.

I'm sorry if my post triggered you in anyway, reading your respond makes me feel you might be a bit upset because of it.

Alas as I previously already stated, it's very clear we don't agree on this matter so without further arguing let's leave it here shall we. Thanks.

@Frozey.8513 said:

Also, Kalla is fun.

Aaaaaaaah I get it. You want Revenant to stop being Revenant. Gotcha. Strip Revenant of everything that makes it Revenant by giving it one mega Legend that gives it access to everything that the profession has (including other Elites which other professions don't get access to but hey who cares about game balance when we are tossing out how the profession actually works). Why bother playing Revenant if you basically want to rob Revenant of the things that make it unique? It certainly isn't for game balance.

I'm sorry if my post triggered you in anyway, reading your respond makes me feel you might be a bit upset because of it.

Alas as I previously already stated, it's very clear we don't agree on this matter so without further arguing let's leave it here shall we. Thanks.

Why would I be upset? There is exactly zero reason to be upset over an idea that would never see the light of day. I'm merely pointing out the flaws in the logic presented thus far. It's fine if you can't defend the idea but really why suggest an Elite that pretty much strips Revenant of everything that makes it Revenant if you can't justify the logic being used? I just naturally assumed that you could defend your idea since you posted it for others to read and judge.

@Dace.8173 said:

Also, Kalla is fun.

Aaaaaaaah I get it. You want Revenant to stop being Revenant. Gotcha. Strip Revenant of everything that makes it Revenant by giving it one mega Legend that gives it access to everything that the profession has (including other Elites which other professions don't get access to but hey who cares about game balance when we are tossing out how the profession actually works). Why bother playing Revenant if you basically want to rob Revenant of the things that make it unique? It certainly isn't for game balance.

Why would I be upset? There is exactly zero reason to be upset over an idea that would never see the light of day. I'm merely pointing out the flaws in the logic presented thus far. It's fine if you can't defend the idea but really why suggest an Elite that pretty much strips Revenant of everything that makes it Revenant if you can't justify the logic being used? I just naturally assumed that you could defend your idea since you posted it for others to read and judge.

I made my points in my previous posts already why I think it's good and why I don't agree with the arguments you made before.

Since we clearly don't agree even on the basics I don't see any point trying to change your mind on the subject as you haven't been able to change mine either. It's not about not being able to defend, it's about choosing not to point out same arguments over and over again in a thread dedicated to a completely different Elite spec suggestion. We don't agree and that is fine, my opinion on the matter has not been changed by your arguments. So let's leave it here, thanks.

• 1 year later...

That is a great idea. And I love how well written it is.I feel like Weapon Skills draw a bit from the Renegade's Shortbow, but in a good sense. I really like that it's a weapon of increased range. And the fact that GS #4 is very similar to SB #4 is great.I can really see the whole concept working in game and that's cool. A minor thing - I'd expand more on the Core Elites aspect. Decreasing the cost and cast time doesn't sound like a good way to deal with the problems of current legends and let's not forget Jade Winds deal close to 0 damage in PvP now.

I don't really care about how complicated the E-Spec would be. Actually, I'd like that. And for people who find this overcomplicated - l2p.

The way you described GS skills makes it very enjoyable, and while I'm against the idea of Revenant with GS, I think if we were to get one, it has to be Asgeir (or some Tengu).

Great project!

Imo if GS is gonna be a midranged weapon like this with 300 or more range, we don't really need an AA chain.AA chain usually exists to reward melee combat, hence the AA chain to make it stronger than a simple repeating ranged AA.

Having a semi long AA chain would be abit too powerful and overwhelming for this weaponset.(especially if yu are planning on being mobile with skill 3 and skill 5, the AA chain will break itself ALOT)A tight 3 Target AoE cleave at 300 range would be pretty neat already.

Skill 2 sounds awesome. Wish we had it now with Shackling wave, letting it destroy projectiles and deal more damage if it does so.

Skill 3 might be abit overloaded. And when Anet sees things with alot of functions they sure as heck are gonna nerf bat it.Imo a long range gap closer with leap finisher is more than enough.

Skill 4 sounds pretty neat.

Skill 5 sounds cool, but I wanna ask what yu really envision it to be.Is it gonna be a cool super aesthetic launch skill which CCs (aka deals 0 bloody damage in PvP) but acts as a long duration and cast time Evade + gapcloser?Is it really supposed to be a ground targeted AoE + Blink.

I think yu should swap Skill 4 and 5 around, making Skill 4 drop a delayed AoE which launches, and make Skill 5 a Targeted AoE Blink which leaves a persisting damage AoE.