[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

5 days of waiting, going on 6, still no answer. I can't log in on my normal account, I have to use my husband's account and I can't play. I would imagine they would prioritize the fact that some people can't even log in to their game or play, but it doesn't seem to be the case. This is unacceptable...

6995998 - Still waiting. Account issue / Authenticator issue

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 days and I STILL can't play the game I paid for.Nobody can tell me this shit is excusable. Why are no outlets picking this story up? It's absolutely disastrous. In 2018 we have people unable to play an MMO because they're waiting weeks for support. I've never seen another company tank their support channels this hard.

@Zoop.1360 said:11 days and I STILL can't play the game I paid for.Nobody can tell me this kitten is excusable. Why are no outlets picking this story up? It's absolutely disastrous. In 2018 we have people unable to play an MMO because they're waiting weeks for support. I've never seen another company tank their support channels this hard.

Right now the bigger issue for me is ANet's been silent on it. They made one comment on it over a month ago now, when the problems were already nearly 2 months old, and people are still waiting several weeks. It's getting kind of insufferable.

after a month of waiting for an answer, received a response from technical support, but at the moment I can safely say only one thing: they do not read the text of messages and do not look at the screenshots that applied to the task. after several messages from my tests and checks of connections and ports they suggest me to do the same.I applied all these data in advance, knowing that it might be necessary for them to avoid unnecessary correspondence, but apparently the competence of individual employees does not allow them to go a little further than the template solutions and read everything at once. of course, the problem is not solvedTicket #6956328

Having worked in customer service before, I kinda understand the long response times to tickets. I used to be a warehouse associate responsible for processing online orders, creating invoices, preparing items for shipment, responding to email inquiries, etc. Having several other responsibilities, I think it's reasonable that I'd sometimes be unable to address the emails for a few/several days. However, if a customer simply gave us a call, response was immediate obviously. Ideally, customers should send an email containing important information (sometimes including pictures to make things easier) regarding the issue and then also give us a call while referencing that email. It makes it easier to quickly grasp the situation as opposed to having someone try to give a lengthy explanation over the phone.

And this is the main problem with ArenaNet. There is no support phone number that you can call. Having a smaller team is no excuse for this. You don't exactly need a gigantic calling center to offer customer support over the phone. I assume that ArenaNet doesn't believe it is worth the money/effort/time to set up lines for CS.

19 days of complete radio silence on a problem that shouldn't be trivial on any level, I was dumb enuff to try and stat swap a precursor, since there was no warning of it turning into a normal ascended, and what I've researched (about other equally dumb as I) it should be a fairly quick job to replace it... Yikes...

@Blocki.4931 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:I finally got a response. It took 1 month. I've given up on this company and filed a complaint with the BBB now.

Yeah that will totally help

It does because when another company gets involved, they take it more seriously. They try to get things resolved quicker so they don't have a bad PR then which is visible to everyone.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:I finally got a response. It took 1 month. I've given up on this company and filed a complaint with the BBB now.

It does because when another company gets involved, they take it more seriously. They try to get things resolved quicker so they don't have a bad PR then which is visible to everyone.

OR it isn't going to change a single thing because they can't magically resolve all those tickets that just grow in numbers every single day and it will even get worse with additional pressure

@Blocki.4931 said:

OR it isn't going to change a single thing because they can't magically resolve all those tickets that just grow in numbers every single day and it will even get worse with additional pressure

So you find this sort of response time acceptable from a company? I get faster response times from the government than this.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

So you find this sort of response time acceptable from a company? I get faster response times from the government than this.

No, but I don't believe they are doing it for fun. This 13 page thread exists because they know it's a big issue right now, but the problem only grows and doesn't just disappear overnight. I hope their new hires get into their job quickly to work through it.

Hey folks,Since 2-3 hours I search for any recent Information about the current Customer Support Status - or: how long does my ticket need, to get an answer. A few months ago, I read a discussion about the same issue, where a GM answered in the forum for some ticket numbers, if there is any problem with them, why they need so exceptional long.So my first question is: What is going on at the moment? No big DLC time (like PoF time) or any other kind of "big-ticket-amount-reason". So why every ticket needs a minimum time of 2+ weeks to get answered?My second question is: Is there any diffrence between sending a ticket in english or in any other local language? Because on the same discussion, I called above, someone asked this question as well, and it didn't got answered... I mean, it would make sense if there are more english supports, then e.g. german/french/etc. supports...

A little Update on the current situation would be perfect '_'

GreetingsMarvin(I know my English is terrible!)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39093/customer-support-ticket-response-times-merged#latest

People waiting up to 3 weeks. It's still the same issue with an evergrowing backlog of work and tickets & people not being happy and creating even more, then creating tickets about "why did you close my other ticket", at least I can imagine a ton of people doing that.

But to answer your question:

I'd assume the huge majority of their staff is speaking English, so speaking English might be smarter. I've send my last ticket around the end of May I believe and I wrote it in German. It took 8 days for a response and another 3 to fix my issue after I was asked to update with additional information.