Anyone manage to defeat Turai Ossa in Crown Pavilion?

Just saw a guy do it as a berzerker, seemed ridiculously easy tbh, he just used every single one of his seemingly infinite evades blocks and invulns and the boss didnt really seem to stand a chance against that. Me on the other hand, tried with necro and gave up after first try, we simply dont have enough damage mitigation nor hp to do that kind of thing.

I beat him on my build I use for WvW; condi evade spam thief. I have no idea how the mechanics work. I avoided him with dodge/evade spam until the green CC bar was up. CC'd him with distracting dagger + bas venom combo dumped condis and waited for his second round of CC bar; he went down quick thereafter. Definitely made sure to Steal those annoying might stack boons. Took me over 4 tries to get it.

Hope that helps.

Did it with reaper, fairly simple. You just run around with locust signet and dodge his hits. If you get cc'd then stun break out of it with shout. Shroud stun break is fine too.

You can outsustain his hits pretty easily assuming you don't take a bunch in a row. Once he lose both his buffs then you can literally just melee him face to face.

To be fair I've only seen classes do this so far that have a ton of Evades/Blocks/Invul. Most of which comes from Elite specs. Since this is an event accessible for Core Game users, shouldn't it be clearable by using Core Professions with Core stats? Also, even if we ignore the fact that some classes have a really huge advantage (which is unavoidable) it is clear that some others have an incredibly hard time doing it or are unable to do it at all. Necromancer for example is probably unable to do it (with only Core traits). The leaps clear off Minions instantly, so Death Magic doesn't help much. The boss hits for something like 10k? So even if you keep up Protection with well, a single hit getting in is still over 7k. That means 3 hits will Down you, 5 with Shroud. So this makes it clear that you have to avoid the hits. That leaves you with the Dodges, Spectral Walk and Fleshwurm. So let's say that you have those 2 skills and 2 Wells for heal and utility. How the scenario plays out is:

• Place the Fleshwurm and pop Spectral Walk right away.
  • Turai charges at you, so Dodge it.
  • Keep running away and Dodge again the next charge.
  • On the next attack port back with Spectral Walk.
  • This should avoid a few attacks as he can't get back to you with one attack.
  • Since you are on opposite sides of the arena you can't position yourself to kite him for extra attacks so stand still and port to Fleshwurm when he is about to reach you.
  • If done right you have 2 Dodges at this point and Turai is on the opposite side again.
  • Now the Spectral Walk and the Fleshwurm won't come off CD in time, so those 2 Dodges will avoid 2 more attacks.
  • Now it's time for the Wells and praying that he goes into Breakbar mode before he kills you.Now it's time for CC. This means that you have to take Flesh Golem, which will most likely die during this whole chasing fun party stuff so you have to recast it before the Breakbar appears and it also limits what weapons you can use by a lot. So if you manage to break it he still hits like a truck until you do this whole thing again. Perfectly timing everything. Then you can deal damage to it, because you can't do both damage avoiding and dealing damage at the same time. (Spoilers: You can't do the chase part again, because CDs make it impossible.)So yeah, pretty much impossible.

A little side-note: I don't consider mobs dealing large amounts of damage "challenging content". Lia was challenging, because you had several mechanics to pay attention to. They gave warnings, there were enough clues to figure it out and so on. It was all avoidable once you figured it out. She didn't need a large HP pool or damage to get this. Turai has both of those and none of the rest.(This fight is good enough proof that "necro has good survivability, so they should deal less damage" is no longer a valid argument.)

@"Cregath.7628" said:To be fair I've only seen classes do this so far that have a ton of Evades/Blocks/Invul. Most of which comes from Elite specs. Since this is an event accessible for Core Game users, shouldn't it be clearable by using Core Professions with Core stats? Also, even if we ignore the fact that some classes have a really huge advantage (which is unavoidable) it is clear that some others have an incredibly hard time doing it or are unable to do it at all. Necromancer for example is probably unable to do it (with only Core traits). The leaps clear off Minions instantly, so Death Magic doesn't help much. The boss hits for something like 10k? So even if you keep up Protection with well, a single hit getting in is still over 7k. That means 3 hits will Down you, 5 with Shroud. So this makes it clear that you have to avoid the hits. That leaves you with the Dodges, Spectral Walk and Fleshwurm. So let's say that you have those 2 skills and 2 Wells for heal and utility. How the scenario plays out is:

• Place the Fleshwurm and pop Spectral Walk right away.
  • Turai charges at you, so Dodge it.
  • Keep running away and Dodge again the next charge.
  • On the next attack port back with Spectral Walk.
  • This should avoid a few attacks as he can't get back to you with one attack.
  • Since you are on opposite sides of the arena you can't position yourself to kite him for extra attacks so stand still and port to Fleshwurm when he is about to reach you.
  • If done right you have 2 Dodges at this point and Turai is on the opposite side again.
  • Now the Spectral Walk and the Fleshwurm won't come off CD in time, so those 2 Dodges will avoid 2 more attacks.
  • Now it's time for the Wells and praying that he goes into Breakbar mode before he kills you.Now it's time for CC. This means that you have to take Flesh Golem, which will most likely die during this whole chasing fun party stuff so you have to recast it before the Breakbar appears and it also limits what weapons you can use by a lot. So if you manage to break it he still hits like a truck until you do this whole thing again. Perfectly timing everything. Then you can deal damage to it, because you can't do both damage avoiding and dealing damage at the same time. (Spoilers: You can't do the chase part again, because CDs make it impossible.)So yeah, pretty much impossible.

A little side-note: I don't consider mobs dealing large amounts of damage "challenging content".(This fight is good enough proof that "necro has good survivability, so they should deal less damage" is no longer a valid argument.)

I manage to outrun him with locust signet and warhorn 5 just fine. Reaper 2 is the only thing that's a clear advantage but I used that maybe twice in the fight and I didn't take wurm either.

Is really not as hard as you think.

@Cregath.7628 said:

@Warscythes.9307 said:I manage to outrun him with locust signet and warhorn 5 just fine. Reaper 2 is the only thing that's a clear advantage but I used that maybe twice in the fight and I didn't take wurm either.

Is really not as hard as you think.

Vid pls.

I already play with 25 fps on my 4 year old laptop. Let's not try to murder my poor machine here.

Run/Dodge and generally survive for the first half. Once he jumps to the middle and throws a sword at you, ready your CC to stun him.I beat him as Rifle Deadeye with Basilisk Venom and full Berserk stats.

For Deadeye, it was key to untarget him and use Death Retreat to escape as far away as possible. Roll for Initiative and Shadowstep helped a lot. I used Withdraw for heal/extra dodge and Signet of Agility in case I ran out of endurace (which I did once).Once you CC him with Basilisk Venom and #2 while kneeling, you can go all out and use Death Judgement on him. He'll still have like 20% HP left, so repeat the above and you're golden.

Good luck!

@Ziooo.8932 said:Just saw a guy do it as a berzerker, seemed ridiculously easy tbh, he just used every single one of his seemingly infinite evades blocks and invulns and the boss didnt really seem to stand a chance against that. Me on the other hand, tried with necro and gave up after first try, we simply dont have enough damage mitigation nor hp to do that kind of thing.

Teapot did it with scourge. Just survive until the first breakbar. Break it dps him, if you get him to 50> try and go for a second breakbar and end or else go downstate drain spam after that first bar.

Use mibility and kite.

Reaper >>> scourge. Barely took 5 tries with reaper (after my few failed attempts with scourge), and all because of that stupid shroud depletion at start and minions going into cd after a fail. You can just facetank and walk it really, barely have to dodge stuff. After the breakbar it dies faster than that first hammer dude.

I did him with dual sword power mirage. I side stepped and cloaked his attacks and pretty much stayed on him, interrupting him whenever possible. I used arcane thievery to steal his boons to increase my damage. was only hard the first time cause i didn't know what to expect.

Beat him on my 5th try, this Video is from my 6th try. Can be way smoother and i guess its easier on a Power Daredevil.

@Dante.1763 said:apparently you have to break his bar, but i cant get him to that stage. kinda waiting to see if somoene will post the ranger build they used to do it, cause im drawing up >blank.

Planning to do it today on Soulbeast. I think its possible to dodge his attacks with a combination of Greatsword Attacks and Stone Signet.

Got him on ele as tempest. Biggest thing was earth shield!! The invuln and block are amazing, and it has the pull and a second cc that can break a bar. Combine that with focus (break first bar with air 5) and the fight becomes quite doable. Tempest has an easy time dpsing while kiting, so it was the best for me, but weaver might work. Core ele would be tough, I just don't think there is enough damage while also being tanky enough.