Anyone manage to defeat Turai Ossa in Crown Pavilion?

While some classes will have an easier time, any can easily do it. If you run into difficulties, try changing your build.

You evade his attacks until he ports to the middle. You then dodge his throw attack and break his bar.

You repeat this again a second time.

You can now beat him easily.

@"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

Beat him on my 5th try, this Video is from my 6th try. Can be way smoother and i guess its easier on a Power Daredevil.

@Dante.1763 said:apparently you have to break his bar, but i cant get him to that stage. kinda waiting to see if somoene will post the ranger build they used to do it, cause im drawing up >blank.

Planning to do it today on Soulbeast. I think its possible to dodge his attacks with a combination of Greatsword Attacks and Stone Signet.

If you do, can you also post a video? im gonna try a pure defensive build sometime this week, but hes frustrating as hell on ranger from what ive experienced.

@Dante.1763 said:

Beat him on my 5th try, this Video is from my 6th try. Can be way smoother and i guess its easier on a Power Daredevil.

@Dante.1763 said:apparently you have to break his bar, but i cant get him to that stage. kinda waiting to see if somoene will post the ranger build they used to do it, cause im drawing up >blank.

Planning to do it today on Soulbeast. I think its possible to dodge his attacks with a combination of Greatsword Attacks and Stone Signet.

If you do, can you also post a video? im gonna try a pure defensive build sometime this week, but hes frustrating as hell on ranger from what ive experienced.

I plan on trying that as well altho i suspect the timer will defeat me. Ill give it a try after reset when queues will be low

edit: didn't even dent him and he obliterated me. Never saw a breakbar. Awfully designed fight

@Randulf.7614 said:

I plan on trying that as well altho i suspect the timer will defeat me. Ill give it a try after reset when queues will be low

edit: didn't even dent him and he obliterated me. Never saw a breakbar. Awfully designed fight - worst I've seen in this game by a long, long way

You have to dodge the attack (maybe blocks/evades/etc work too) in order for the breakbar to show up. If you get hit by it then you’ll never see the breakbar.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

edit: didn't even dent him and he obliterated me. Never saw a breakbar. Awfully designed fight - worst I've seen in this game by a long, long way

You have to dodge the attack (maybe blocks/evades/etc work too) in order for the breakbar to show up. If you get hit by it then you’ll never see the breakbar.

I spent maybe a minute dodging and blocking where I could. Still no breakbar. Is it tied to health as well?

@Randulf.7614 said:

I spent maybe a minute dodging and blocking where I could. Still no breakbar. Is it tied to health as well?

Even though you beat him, I’ll point out the attacks that must be evaded.

On that video that was posted in this thread, start watching at around 33 seconds into it. He’ll do a leap to the center, a quick charge, and then through a projectile at you. You want to avoid it. The breakbar will show up.

At about 1:04 into the video, this sequence occurs again. Repeat the same as before.

@Randulf.7614 said:

I believe it's purely attack cycle based. He does one rotation of attacks, buffs up, does another rotation, then goes into breakbar. Takes maybe....30 seconds to hit breakbar I think.

Edit: you might have to dodge that sword throw when he goes to the center to get the breakbar to appear, otherwise it won't work iirc.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

On that video that was posted in this thread, start watching at around 33 seconds into it. He’ll do a leap to the center, a quick charge, and then through a projectile at you. You want to avoid it. The breakbar will show up.

At about 1:04 into the video, this sequence occurs again. Repeat the same as before.

Yeah I think your original post kinda clicked it into place suddenly. Took me a few attempts to sync the evades and blocks long enough to leave one last block for the throw attack to activate his breakbar, but I got him with 2-3 seconds to spare due to my rubbish dps and luckily timed full counter on an attack which would have stunned me past the timer (and ended with my fist through the monitor...).

Not a big fan of the fight design, but I beat him so I can find something new to rage at (ie the other 5 special bosses which I haven't beaten yet)

Thanks for the tips!

@Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah I think your original post kinda clicked it into place suddenly. Took me a few attempts to sync the evades and blocks long enough to leave one last block for the throw attack to activate his breakbar, but I got him with 2-3 seconds to spare due to my rubbish dps and luckily timed full counter on an attack which would have stunned me past the timer (and ended with my fist through the monitor...).

Not a big fan of the fight design, but I beat him so I can find something new to rage at (ie the other 5 special bosses which I haven't beaten yet)

Thanks for the tips!

Freaking got him!!!!

PVT armor, Traveler runes(rest of the stuff i used was from my condi SB build), Beastmastery(B,M,M),Skirmishing(M,T,B),Marksmanship,(T,T,M). Weapons were greatsword and longbow. Skills were "We heal as one", Signet of stone, Quickening Zypher, Lightning reflexes, and Strenght of the Pack.

Hopefully that helps someone!

@Dante.1763 said:

Yeah, i can post it if you want. Didnt manage to do it today cause something came in the way.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

Yeah, i can post it if you want. Didnt manage to do it today cause something came in the way.

I beat him! Thank you though! :D

@kajoken.1630 said:Beat him with Sword/Sword, Sword/Shield full Berserker Chrono. It's really doable with all those blocks, evades and teleports you can equip. You could even take portal but I preferred using blink over portal.

^^I use the mix of Commander/Berserker Domi/Insp build (the raid one) it was quite easy, did it on the first try.

Changed some utilities, i use Heal signet - Mantra of distraction - iDisenchanter - Signet of insp - time warp.

Please do upload, i love using my ranger but cannot figure out how to do it, easily 20 tickets just trying to figure out how to get to the first break bar segment

@simzy.2417 said:

Please do upload, i love using my ranger but cannot figure out how to do it, easily 20 tickets just trying to figure out how to get to the first break bar segment

I posted the build i used on my ranger shortly after that post, may want to look at it :)

Well, I managed to do it. It took me around 15 tries. But, to be fair, Ossa never did that thing where he goes into range attacks and takes immense damage near the end. I did complete it on a full zerk Holosmith with no outside guidance...

BUILD:

Explosives: Blasting Zone, Big Boomer, MinesweeperTools: Static Discharge, Takedown Round, GadgeteerHolosmith: Solar Focusing Lens, Crystal Configuration Eclipse, Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit:

Utilities: Healing Turret, Rocket Boots, Elixir S, Hard Light Arena, Supply Crate

Weapons: Sword + ShieldRunes: x6 ScholarSigils: Force, Air

Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat StewUtility: Magnanimous Sharpening Stone

THE STRAT:

Rocket Boots are what wins you this. The reduced recharge, increased range, and super speed mean that you can avoid a whole lot of trouble if things go south. Since Ossa always uses the same sequence of attacks, it goes in this order:

Dodge the first oneRocket boot away from the second oneThird one is still out of rangeDodge the fourth oneRun past the 5th one

Ossa will buff himself, then start the sequence with a stomp. This is where things get a little loosey goosey

Dodge the stomp,Rocket boot away from the dashRun just run from the next fewStatic Shield the next attackDodge the last one, particularly the shoulder ram

If you get caught here, you can use Elixir S to dodge attacks or break stun. When Ossa jumps to the middle, he'll throw his shield to stun you. I use shield 4 skill to reflect it back, the immediately hit shield 4 again to do Defiance Bar damage. Then, you drop the supply crate on his head to stun him.

Now that the shield is down, cut loose. The flame turret will emit a blind field that effectively disables Ossa for a bit. Combine this with the Hard Light Arena giving protection + fury, and you'll be able to do a crapton of damage in a short amount of time relatively safely. Just kite Ossa in close circles to avoid some of his attacks. Use Holographic Shockwave to stun him, too, but fairly early in the damage rotation, since you'll need it off recharge.

Once you get low in health and high in heat, rocket boot away again and then proceed to kite, dodge, and heal until Ossa jumps in the center again. This is when things get a bit more loosey goosey, since I don't have an exact timing for when to disengage. But, you'll won't want to push your heat level too far up, since you'll need to cool down a bit for the second round of DPS. Better safe than sorry. Now, when he goes into break bar again, the ambient disabling conditions and Shockwave will hopefully be enough to break it, but if you have shield skills on cooldown use those to supplement CC damage.

After this second break, just repeat the cycle, and he should be dead very soon.

Finally beat him with my Scourge

The trick is stalling him first until breakbar shows, This is how I do it:

I put [sand Flare], [Flesh Wurm], [sand Swell], [spectral Walk], and [Flesh Golem] on my utilityThe weapon is scepter-torch and armor is full Trailblazer

Phase 1:

1. At enter, Put [Flesh wurm] at the side of the arena (let's say right side), then prepare the [sand Swell] on the left side
  2. When his red-name pop up above his head, count until 3 second and teleport yourself using the sand swell
  3. Spam "F" key to teleport between portal
  4. Use your healing [sand Flare] as much as possible since your health will likely always on below 50%

Phase 2: (Sand Swell end)

5. When your sand swell portal no longer available, run using [spectral Walk]
  6. Prepare to hit Turai Ossa with your scepter 3 (Feast of Corruption) as soon as his boon up to corrupt his boon such as 25 might and others
  7. Return to your initial [spectral Walk] position when he is close to you
  8. Use your [Flesh Wurm] when he is close to you again
  9. Summon [Flesh Golem] and prepare for Phase 3

Phase 3: (Turai Ossa using his ground slam skill)

10. Turai will use ground slam on the center of the arena
  11. Watch when he using his throw-weapon on you
  12. Evade it (otherwise he will gain his buff again)
  13. His breakbar shows up -> use the flesh golem knockdown ability
  14. DPS him HARD!

Phase 4: (Second ground slam)

15. At some time, he will use his ground slam again on the center, this mean he will be using the throw-weapon again
  16. Evade his throw weapon skill again
  17. His breakbar shows up -> use the torch 5 (Oppressive Collapse)
  18. DPS him HARD with all your skill to remove his remaining breakbar and kill him(At this point, even if you downed, your flesh golem, the condi you put on him, and downed 1 skill should still enough to kill him)

For those having trouble with ranger, I beat him very easily with a marauder druid roamer spec. Tried it once with no info, looked up the mechanic with dodging the shield, and got him the second try. You just kite around until you get each of the breakbars; your pets will probably take care of those but either way you have a ton of CC. Remember that staff 3 is a long duration evade. Once the breaks are down he can be CC'd to keep him away from the middle, but you should be able to burst him down with longbow before he ever tries to get back there.

No vid since my game play is bad ... and sorry for the terrible screenshot, but core necro can do it. I use wurm and a lot of defensive stuffs but seem like better players would be able to go more aggressive. I still see myself missing dodge and taking unnecessary hits.Zp3A1PO.jpg