How to find the right Guild for you, New Forum edition.

Pretty Pixie.8603

Reposted from old forum, with minor updates.

Hi peeps,

I’m Pix, Ia former Co-GL and primary recruiter for The Society, and current officer/recruiter for Relentless Inquisition. I have 6+ years experience as a guild recruiter, both in GW2 and another MMO. Finding a good guild can be a difficult and bewildering affair, and I hope to give players a handle on how to attract the right guild for them, as seen through the eyes of a recruiter.

How to compose your topic:

Topic TitleYour topic title should display all neccessary info for a recruiter. Yes, we’re aware you’re looking for a guild; What we are interested in are your interests (PvE/WvW/PvP/PvX), your timezone, your investment (casual, semi-hardcore, hardcore) and which server you are on. All of these should be contained in the topic title.

For example:“LFGuild on Borlis Pass (PvX, casual player, OCX)”“Lf hardcore euro WvW guild on Blackgate”This will tell a recruiter immediately whether you fit the bill. You are then more likely to be targetted by recruiters for the sort of guild you are looking for, instead of getting a generic cut-and-paste response.

Message BodyGive us additional information you think is relevant. Is it just you, or are you looking for your friends too? What do you expect from a guild? What is it you’re interested in in detail? Are you willing to switch servers? Are you willing to use VOIP? etc, etc.

Do your homeworkMost servers have community forums and/or a discord. A quick google search of [server name]+forums will yield results for the server relevant to you.There’s some other external resources to find Guilds:

http://gw2.guildex.org/ Credit to Guardian of Angels.9867

You want to make sure you look for a guild on your server if you are even the slightest bit interested in WvW. If you are on a Euro server, you want a guild on a euro server, same for NA. This is due to restrictions between NA/Euro servers. You’d only be able to participate in chat if your guild’s server is NA and you’re on a euro one, and vice versa.

Check out the guild’s forum/discord if they have any. You can get an idea for how active they are, general atmosphere, how often they do guild events, etc. That doesn’t mean a small guild without a forum or discord is bad; it’s about making sure the guild matches your expectations. Otherwise you probably won’t stick around, and the guild loses a member. Not good for anyone! If they don’t have a forum, chat with the recruiter to get a feel for the guild. It’s ok to ask questions!

AbbreviationsLFG – Looking for Guild/groupPvE – Player vs Environment; includes all non pvp content.WvW – World vs World; serverbased realm vs realm mode. Large scale pvp.PvP – player vs player, competitive and balanced pvp mode.BG – Blackgate serverTC – Tarnished Coast serverJQ – Jade Quarry serverYB – Yak’s Bend serverSoS – Sea of Sorrows serverFA – Fort Aspenwood serverDB – Dragonbrand serverSBI – Stormbluff Isle serverDR – Devona’s Rest serverIoJ – Isle of Janthir serverMag – Maguuma serverNSP – Northern Shiverpeaks serverCD – Crystal Desert serverHoD – Henge of Denravi serverBP – Borlis Pass serverGoM – Gates of Madness serverEbay – Ehmry Bay serverDH – Darkhaven serverET – Eredon Terrace serverSF – Sorrow’s Furnace serverSOR – Sactum of Rall serverFC – Ferguson’s Crossing serverKN – Kaineng serverAR – Anvil Rock server

For EU (credit to Ericka.4723):AG - Aurora GladeBT - BlacktideDeso - DesolationFSP - Far ShiverpeaksFoW - Fissure of WoeGandaraGH - Gunnar's HoldPS - Piken SquareRoF - Ring of FireRoS - Ruins of SurmiaSFR - Seafarer's RestUW - UnderworldVabbiWSR - Whiteside RidgeAS / Arb - Arborstone (FR)AR - Augury Rock (FR)FR - Fort Ranik (FR)JS / Jade - Jade Sea (FR)VS - Vizunah Square (FR)Abba / AM - Abaddon's Mouth (DE)DL - Drakkar Lake (DE)Dzag / DZ - Dzagonur (DE)Elona - Elona Reach (DE)KD - Kodash (DE)MS - Miller's Sound (DE)RS - Riverside (DE)BB - Baruch Bay (ES)

Hope this will help both recruiters and players out.

Awsome thread, maybe also write down the abbreviations for the EU servers and the PvX one :)

For the EU servers, generaly used are:AG - Aurora GladeBT - BlacktideDeso - DesolationFSP - Far Shiverpeaks
FoW - Fissure of Woe
GandaraGH - Gunnar's HoldPS - Piken SquareRoF - Ring of Fire
RoS - Ruins of Surmia
SFR - Seafarer's RestUW - UnderworldVabbiWSR - Whiteside RidgeAS / Arb - Arborstone (FR)AR - Augury Rock (FR)FR - Fort Ranik (FR)JS / Jade - Jade Sea (FR)VS - Vizunah Square (FR)Abba / AM - Abaddon's Mouth (DE)DL - Drakkar Lake (DE)Dzag / DZ - Dzagonur (DE)Elona - Elona Reach (DE)KD - Kodash (DE)MS - Miller's Sound (DE)RS - Riverside (DE)BB - Baruch Bay (ES)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

LFGPvEWvWPvPNA

I am going to be totally honest. I am looking for a very commited group of people that I can play regularly to get to know each other. I am just starting a new character so I would be willing to start on any server really and open to PVP or PVE (PVP sounds fun) I usually play a little during the week, but wanting to play a lot on the weekends. I am open to play whatever class is needed. I was a HARD CORE WoW guy for years, but got tired of the monthly payments.

In short:Looking for a guild that is very focused on closeness and having fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I too am searching for a guild .. people friendly, mature, and a guild that when a person greets the day and fellow guildies, they are not ignored, or "too busy" to offer a short response. Have all 9 characters at level 80 and have been at it for a while. Fractals, strike missions, guild missions are my favs. Sanctum of Rall is the server i am on. If anyone can help me out that would be great. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

uNmi8B4.jpg

Our guild Tyrs Paladium, home of players 30 to 70+ years of age is accepting applications! We are one of the longest continuously running established social guilds in the game.

ENFORCED NO DRAMA adult guild. Casual is King here and we are all about the TEAMWORK. Old School guild here!!! 14 Years strong!!!

We will NEVER be larger than a mid-sized guild, yet we run it tight knit. Everyone knows everybody in Tyrs!

Do some research on us here: Tyrs Paladium Recruitment ThreadFill out an application here! https://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/?site_game_id=136318

*** We have new members and experienced members on at various times of the day and night. I recommend being a regular on our Tyrs forum, and our Discord, as that will open up ALL KINDS of grouping opportunities, not to mention maximizing enjoyment with our legendary and sought after camaraderie!

We hope to hear from ya'll!