Poll: Do you want the old human female idles back?

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:@IndigoSundown.5419@"Nikal.4921"

A comparison can be found here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyv7HUltYQI

An explanation as to what changed:They changed the skeleton movement around the character's ribcage to allow for artificial breast movement; she also takes wider steps and the arms extend more. The wider steps place a lot more focus on the character's butt to make it seem larger for a better appeal.

Mmm shameless breast jiggling.

A comparison can be found here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyv7HUltYQI

An explanation as to what changed:They changed the skeleton movement around the character's ribcage to allow for artificial breast movement; she also takes wider steps and the arms extend more. The wider steps place a lot more focus on the character's butt to make it seem larger for a better appeal.

I approve. Modeler/animator work hours very, veeeey well spent. :+1:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

A comparison can be found here:

An explanation as to what changed:
They changed the skeleton movement around the character's ribcage to allow for artificial breast movement; she also takes wider steps and the arms extend more. The wider steps place a lot more focus on the character's butt to make it seem larger for a better
appeal

Well, if players spend hours after hours staring at a virtual butt, why not make that butt pleasing to the eye? B)

@Plautze.6290 said:

They changed the skeleton movement around the character's ribcage to allow for artificial breast movement; she also takes wider steps and the arms extend more. The wider steps place a lot more focus on the character's butt to make it seem larger for a better
appeal

Well, if players spend hours after hours staring at a virtual butt, why not make that butt pleasing to the eye? B)

Did you just objectified that poor pixel...I can't even...

Err, last time I tried to respond, the thread was no longer existent. :o Anyway, let's see if I remember what I was going to write... Ah, yes:

I don't know whether the emotes were to "lascivious", but I am not a fan of the (primarily human) general female postures, body types, emotes, idle and movement animations in this game - that's why I have almost exclusively male characters. They are all too "girly" for a sturdy adventurer :-1: and I can't take them seriously.

Therefore, I believe that, instead of re-introducing those animations, they should give the females a complete overhaul. :+1:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Err, last time I tried to respond, the thread was no longer existent. :o Anyway, let's see if I remember what I was going to write... Ah, yes:

I don't know whether the emotes were to "lascivious", but I am not a fan of the (primarily human) general female postures, body types, emotes, idle and movement animations in this game - that's why I have almost exclusively male characters. They are all too "girly" for a sturdy adventurer :-1: and I can't take them seriously.

Therefore, I believe that, instead of re-introducing those animations, they should give the females a complete overhaul. :+1:

Keep in mind this is the same company that allowed jiggle physics to characters who wear heavy armor.

And well, the Reddit thread has over 600 points now and over 32,000 views; the petition that was attached to this subject has reached over 300 signatures and has nearly 20 comments; over 50 people have voted Yes here and the majority seems to agree with bringing them back and/or add new options for this sort of character customization, including emotes and idle options for existing characters.

I'd say our message is loud and clear now. I'm rather glad that I managed to achieve this much progress within a few days. Thank you for all the help and thoughts on the matter!

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Err, last time I tried to respond, the thread was no longer existent. :o Anyway, let's see if I remember what I was going to write... Ah, yes:

Therefore, I believe that, instead of re-introducing those animations, they should give the females a complete overhaul.
:+1:

Keep in mind this is the same company that allowed jiggle physics to characters who wear heavy armor.

To be fair that is mostly just the way they've made armor work in this game, by basically being a re-skin on top, using the same system for all armors. And yes this is the reason I can't stand putting anything that looks like a plate armor on a female character, and pretty much locks me to using chainmail chest pieces for those.

@lokh.2695 said:

appeal

Can't even... what? Finish a complete sentence?

Pretty much no for me. I almost chose "I don't care" due to that vote including the idle animation being OPTIONAL, rather than just smacking the idle animation back to the characters even though if the player doesn't like the animation for a couple of reasons. But in the end, that vote intends that I care about idle/emotes while I pretty much don't really find emotes and idle animations amusing as the character is just standing still for 2 or more minutes... And in a way that looks too ridiculous for my taste (the stretch thing).

Why not?

• If this animation is going to recklessly brought back to the game without any option you can choose from, whether or not if the player likes the animation or not, it would bring back the old clipping issues and glitches back again. And also, armor, outfit and backpacks styling has been increased and improved compared to 2014 where the animation will clip and glitch WAY more with the new legendary backpacks like the fractal one and the one from WvW. Just imagine how terrible it'd look like if a character stretches backwards while having a huge chunk of metal on her back :/.
  • In my opinion, it pretty much breaks the immersion, just like the idle animation of female Sylvari as the OP states.

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

1. Sylvari characters can be seen getting themselves distracted and looking around, flailing their arms and constantly showing signs of intrigue and happiness. I would say that something like that would certainly kill an "epic" moment where people are drying and a dragon is ready to fall on top of our character, wouldn't it?Even though this is a precise statement about the idle animation of Female Sylvari, it's actually easily said the same about the stretch animation when you are stretching in the middle of the characters dialog in a living world season 3 or 4 episode or in a HoT or PoF story quest. Like if the character shouts in a story "Where's balthazar! He's going to ruin the world! ", while stretching out shamelessly looking left and right.Of course that is also easily said when the Asura is constantly stretching out and scratching his/her hair. But in all fairness, for me, the stretch animation for human is worse.
    • The animation looks WAY too girly. I don't know about anyone else, but it just seems too "wonderful" and "pleasent" for a female character that is the pact commander of hundreds of soldiers, being the slayer of dangerous enemies (like the elder dragons) and being the whole leader of a guild. It is just not for my taste, sorry.

In Conclusion

Of everything I wrote above, I am informing that thoughtlessly putting the idle animation back in the game would have it's unexpected downsides. So IF they are looking forward into putting the animation back in the game, please make it OPTIONAL, as many people are already suggesting.@"juhani.5361" said:I don't want my toons doing this without my personal choice or input.Exactly what I thought. This idle animation really is a mixture of people who DO want it and those who DON'T (or at least make it an emote), regardless of there being 600 upvotes on an earlier post. So making the idle animations OPTIONAL , like putting a "Idle" tab in the Hero's panel, will make everyone happy.

@"KurokawaKazuma.8641" said:making the idle animations OPTIONAL , like putting a "Idle" tab in the Hero's panel, will make everyone happy.

Exactly. Bring back the old idles and give new idles to every race BUT make them optional. Even better, give us 5-6 idles/race and let people choose their favorites! It could be a new, extra feature in the Total Makeover Kit! A brand new 'idle animations' tab where people could pick the idles they like OR turn them off completely (that's what I would do)! This way Anet would make money with it and everyone would be happy. The more customization options the better. :)

I figure, if they were removed, it was probably for a reason. Don't really care. Not sure why it's important to have your character stretch during idles, apart from that stretching your muscles before combat can prevent cramps and sprains.

I would much rather they worked on adding fun new emotes that have practical uses. Or almost anything else.

They could just do a less exaggerated shoulder stretch where the elbows go straight back for a few seconds pinching both blades together...it's silly that the idle does such a large movement anyway.

The kicking at the dirt thing is also un-attentive. Why not have a sigh or cheek scratch? The females do brush at their hair anyway...I don't think I'm suggesting immersion killing stuff here.

Also...even with the poll numbers that's hardly statistically significant to the game's population, but regardless my points above still stand.

@Mea.5491 said:

@"KurokawaKazuma.8641" said:making the idle animations
OPTIONAL
, like putting a "Idle" tab in the Hero's panel, will make everyone happy.

Exactly. Bring back the old idles and give new idles to every race BUT make them optional. Even better, give us 5-6 idles/race and let people choose their favorites! It could be a new, extra feature in the Total Makeover Kit! A brand new 'idle animations' tab where people could pick the idles they like OR turn them off completely (that's what I would do)! This way Anet would make money with it and everyone would be happy. The more customization options the better. :)That's true. Compared to bringing the stretch animation thoughtlessly back again, the only people who are going to be happy are the ones that do want them. I'm all for bringing it as a feature in the Makeover kit.

@lokh.2695 said:

appeal

You got me, I'm a perverted pixel-molester, whatchagonnado?Bwahahahaaaah!!! :p

@Plautze.6290 said:

appeal

The internet feelgood police are allready on their way You had it coming.

@lokh.2695 said:

appeal

The internet feelgood police are allready on their way You had it coming.

Oh noes! I hear them coming...!Gotta go guys, see you next time via a russian proxy ;)

• 1 year later...