What do you think about this Guardian Firebrand Condi build?

Kazuma.6051

Hey!Now im all exotics (Carrion), this is just a build im aiming for in the future.This was made for mostly PVE content.

This is the build

The reason why i picked Grieving over Viper is simple. I wanted some extra Vitality/Sustain to get more survavibility in the open world. Im losing a small amount of Condition DMG and Power, but Ferocity and Vitality is higher. If i pick full viper, i can run around with 11k HP in HoT's maps and die instantly from trashmobs when im not paying attention for 2 seconds. Now i have 100% burning rate with a slightly smaller DPS than full Viper builds, but more survivability and replaceability as gears can go.I asked other forummembers too, but everyone said just go full viper, because in raids and fractals someone will heal me. But im playing a lot of solo content too, i have to think about that.

I really like Mantra of Potence over Purging Flames, thats on purpose. Mantra of Flame can provide a huge amount of burning damage, but if i want to use it more frequently, i have to pick a whole trait for it, and i always felt weaker when i did that over Potence. With the mantra skill i can provide an unstoppable, almost constant DMG+Condi DMG boost for myself, and im always using my burning abilities when i have quickness, because of Imbued Haste. Thats +350 condition damage for 2 seconds, which is enough to use the torch and some flame from the other mantra.

60% Open world.35% Fractals/Dungeons/Raids5% PVP, honestly i dont really like that. But i want to hear opinions from the PVP aspect as well.

I wanted to ask, its worth to get this build somehow? Im really far away to get these, but i wanted to ask about more and more people to get advice. Someone said in other forums, the build is more than fine to do anything basically, but a lot of players just said go full Viper, because thats the ~~metal ~~ meta.

Thank you!

The difference between grieving and viper has been small for a long time, so that doesn't really matter. If you want more sustain for open world, go for it, but I strongly recommend that you get replacement trinkets with proper stats for raids and fractals. There, you can also switch out the things that make no sense at all when in a proper group (mantra of potency, inner fire trait, shield offhand).

Oh, and by the way, you can do exactly the same thing with a viper build. Just don't replace trinkets with carrion, but replace them with trailblazer. Since all concerned stats (viper, grieving, trailblazer, carrion) are available only from LS, raids and mist trinkets, it isn't really more effort than the stuff you want to do. However, in my opinion, a viper build will be more flexible insofar as you can switch the stuff to other classes, if you want. Grieving/carrion is limited to guard, as no other class can make use of it.

Did a quick check on your build.With 14k HP and 1.7k Burning passive(without food) sounds about right for a Condi FB. Now the issue lies on whether if these trinkets/gears are gonna be used on other toons in the future. For your info, Condi Renegade and Condi Warrior can recycle your Viper gears.Though, from my experience, Purging Flame is much more useful in the open world, you can combo it with Shield5.

Grieving or vipers doesn't matter. Its up to your choice.Keep in mind that with grieving you'll have to spam heal mantra for aegis for dps increase.You can choose both for open world and replace Trinkets to add the stats you like.Personally I have a vipers set for raid/fract, and a full dire for open world with some vipers Trinkets. The dire set is a typical burn guard which gives you 100% burning with balthazar runes, and will make you just walk on everything because of the toughness and vitality. Your dps will be above optimal for open world and you will forget how death is. Not mention you will solo just everything.Small problem is that mobs will turn on you cause of toughness (3600 armor). If you are interesting I'll post the build later.

• 2 weeks later...

@Seteruss.4058 said:Grieving or vipers doesn't matter. Its up to your choice.Keep in mind that with grieving you'll have to spam heal mantra for aegis for dps increase.You can choose both for open world and replace Trinkets to add the stats you like.Personally I have a vipers set for raid/fract, and a full dire for open world with some vipers Trinkets. The dire set is a typical burn guard which gives you 100% burning with balthazar runes, and will make you just walk on everything because of the toughness and vitality. Your dps will be above optimal for open world and you will forget how death is. Not mention you will solo just everything.Small problem is that mobs will turn on you cause of toughness (3600 armor). If you are interesting I'll post the build later.

Would you mind posting a build, I'd be interested in seeing that as I'm new to the guardian and mostly interested in open world.

• 10 months later...

@Seteruss.4058 said:Grieving or vipers doesn't matter. Its up to your choice.Keep in mind that with grieving you'll have to spam heal mantra for aegis for dps increase.You can choose both for open world and replace Trinkets to add the stats you like.Personally I have a vipers set for raid/fract, and a full dire for open world with some vipers Trinkets. The dire set is a typical burn guard which gives you 100% burning with balthazar runes, and will make you just walk on everything because of the toughness and vitality. Your dps will be above optimal for open world and you will forget how death is. Not mention you will solo just everything.Small problem is that mobs will turn on you cause of toughness (3600 armor). If you are interesting I'll post the build later.

Hi I alsow would like to see your build

@DoDo.4268 said:

@"Seteruss.4058" said:Grieving or vipers doesn't matter. Its up to your choice.Keep in mind that with grieving you'll have to spam heal mantra for aegis for dps increase.You can choose both for open world and replace Trinkets to add the stats you like.Personally I have a vipers set for raid/fract, and a full dire for open world with some vipers Trinkets. The dire set is a typical burn guard which gives you 100% burning with balthazar runes, and will make you just walk on everything because of the toughness and vitality. Your dps will be above optimal for open world and you will forget how death is. Not mention you will solo just everything.Small problem is that mobs will turn on you cause of toughness (3600 armor). If you are interesting I'll post the build later.

Hi I alsow would like to see your build

Here you re my friend.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAnfbnsADdBjlDBWCBkCjF/BzKAUBqTZPoKUGafi2RHpA-jxhAQBgU5HAeCAQ7EAAQ9BwY/hTp+DNVCGAIBY8IeEPAGPxT8EPxT846spb6mupb6mupb6mupA-eIgnore infusions with agony. Just buy some from wvw.Also ignore 90% burning duration into the build editor(sigil not counting into editor). Is 100% in game without any food

Here is the same build but honor instead of virtues for supporting your allies as well.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAnfbnsADdBjlDBWCBkCjF+Bb/iGSPpYBgZQRwqAkByTA-jxhAQB0UJIM2f4Uq/AtTAAA1HAgnAAIV+FAIBY8IeEPAGPxT8EPxT846spb6mupb6mupb6mupA-e.

Armor is 2600 not 3600(my bad) but till this day never failed meEnjoy :)